Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 704 705 706 ... 831 832 833
 Fenrir.Jinxs
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-06-03 14:37:38  
Morihei said: »
Alright, it's been a few months. I've always loved BST way too much. Have there been any updates for gear or abilities in the last few months? Has the dynamic changed from the DD + support pet style yet? Do we have any attack shields or pet powerups?

Disclaimer I am not a bst.

Something something 1h -% of wave3 boss max health instantly 1mil damage+

And something about slug debuff being comparable to a geo spell.
 Asura.Aburaage
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Aburaage 2021-06-03 17:41:43  
Is there a way to disable assist channel in game?
By Morihei 2021-06-03 21:38:39  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
Morihei said: »
Alright, it's been a few months. I've always loved BST way too much. Have there been any updates for gear or abilities in the last few months? Has the dynamic changed from the DD + support pet style yet? Do we have any attack shields or pet powerups?

Disclaimer I am not a bst.

Something something 1h -% of wave3 boss max health instantly 1mil damage+

And something about slug debuff being comparable to a geo spell.

I know exactly what you're talking about! Thank you!
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-03 22:40:26  
Asura.Aburaage said: »

It's literally right there in config under chat filters. '-')
[+]
 Bahamut.Balduran
サーバ: Bahamut
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-06-04 03:56:40  
Any idea if expired payment methods for FF11 are updated automatically on the Square Enix account, or should they be updated manually? It looks like PayPal, WoW, and Netflix auto updated the account with the renewed card expiry details, so not sure if SQEX supports the same.
By Pantafernando 2021-06-04 09:49:34  
When i pay with paypal, im always directed to that site to make the payment.

I dont think SE cares about any detail in your account, they just want to know f the cash is coming.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-07 11:16:03  
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

The filter won't stop it from bothering you about how you are eligible for the channel until _____ date (and that is kind of broken as it seems to change). Log in one day and it will say you're gonna lose the channel the next day and then log in 3 days later and it will have a new date that you will lose it.

I get that chat all over my mules/alts that are abandoned except when free-to-play is active.
By Rips 2021-06-07 11:48:53  
Pantafernando said: »

I dont think SE cares about any detail in your account, they just want to know f the cash is coming.

I never thought to use PayPal. I just put it all on my AE for points. I may consider PayPal.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-07 12:06:10  
Asura.Aeonova said: »
Sylph.Brahmsz said: »

The filter won't stop it from bothering you about how you are eligible for the channel until _____ date (and that is kind of broken as it seems to change). Log in one day and it will say you're gonna lose the channel the next day and then log in 3 days later and it will have a new date that you will lose it.

I get that chat all over my mules/alts that are abandoned except when free-to-play is active.

Somehow I thought you were talking about the "speak to the AMAN NPC" message upon zoning into town. Not much you can do about the eligibility message. But.. that's also a completely different issue from what they were asking.

Wait... that's likely under system messages which can be filtered also.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-07 12:37:08  
Ah, yes. Thank you, Sylph.Brahmsz. The main reason I mentioned it as a reply was because I, myself, tried to filter out the system message so thought maybe they were asking about filtering that as well.

It was kind of hidden. Normally, my brain goes to Menu > Config > Chat Filters, but the intrusive "You will be able to use the assist channel until ___ date" message can only be disabled when using multiple windows.

Config > Log > Window 1/2 > System > Basic System Message = OFF

Kind of sad that it is so intrusive as a System Message and not able to be filtered easily without nuking the other system messages that I might want to see.

Also, I have yet to ever see this message not be displayed in the /servmes unless an update is going to happen that like within 24 hours.

I wonder if they will ever stop trying to push that. I never see people utilize it for what it was likely intended for. It seems to mostly confuse and baffle new players that normally just get their questions answered via /yell or /shout.

Oh well. Again, it was probably good on paper and implemented with good intentions, but the limitations, utilization, and fact that it is about 18 years too late kind of kills it.
By Pantafernando 2021-06-07 13:22:06  
Rips said: »
Pantafernando said: »

I never thought to use PayPal. I just put it all on my AE for points. I may consider PayPal.

I was fine with just my CC, but that option was simply no good for multiboxers couple of years ago.

You were likely to block your CC after renewing 2+ chars.

Some say that was 1 month long block so paypal was the solution for that
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-06-07 15:53:52  
Does the enfeeble duration on Regal Cuffs apply to Elemental Enfeebles (burn, frost, etc)?
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-06-07 16:07:23  
Bismarck.Ringoko said: »
Does the enfeeble duration on Regal Cuffs apply to Elemental Enfeebles (burn, frost, etc)?
I would say no, since iirc from 2005.. I got Elemental skillup from those c.c
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-07 16:11:10  
Asura.Wotasu said: »

correct. Burn/Choke/etc are elemental magic, even though they are enfeebles. As such, they are not affected by "Enfeebling Magic Effect" gear of any sort.
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2021-06-07 18:12:13  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Asura.Wotasu said: »

correct. Burn/Choke/etc are elemental magic, even though they are enfeebles. As such, they are not affected by "Enfeebling Magic Effect" gear of any sort.

Ty~
By Aoibhe 2021-06-08 08:36:36  
The assist channel is *** trash, finally saw someone giving another person assistance in it today and some other randomer just add them to the mute list!

Surely that shouldn't be possible.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-06-08 09:52:18  
Aoibhe said: »
Surely that shouldn't be possible.

From FFXIclopedia:

So yeah. Someone with a Mastery Rank of 6+ probably is a troll (or likely just toxic with likely mental health issues) and put the helpful person on the mute list just to spread negativity. There are plenty of studies and books written about why giving people a bit of power corrupts people in a way that can show you who they truly are.

Basically the embodiment of "This is why we can't have nice things".
By RadialArcana 2021-06-08 15:13:24  
Quote:
In other battle content news, together with adding high level monsters to some areas, we’ve had gotten rid of the level adjustment functionality to bring those area in line with Adoulin content. We are considering whether we want to expand these adjustments to other areas, but for now, we’ve gone ahead with just a few to start with.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58207-Announcing-the-June-Version-Update?p=636364#post636364

could they possibly be adding more CP mobs.

Also sounds like they are fixing the emnity issues in older content, in some areas
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-06-08 15:47:03  
Assist channel mute list is no big deal thankfully. I had someone mute one of my mules when I was upvoting myself three times a day to get the gold mentor flag, and you can just remove the person from the mute list immediately with no hassle. My mentor rank was higher than the person that attempted to mute my alt, so that probably matters.

Basically if you see someone get muted when asking for help, just unmute them yourself and blacklist the *** that muted someone for no reason
By Pantafernando 2021-06-08 16:03:18  
RadialArcana said: »
Quote:
In other battle content news, together with adding high level monsters to some areas, we’ve had gotten rid of the level adjustment functionality to bring those area in line with Adoulin content. We are considering whether we want to expand these adjustments to other areas, but for now, we’ve gone ahead with just a few to start with.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58207-Announcing-the-June-Version-Update?p=636364#post636364

could they possibly be adding more CP mobs.

Also sounds like they are fixing the emnity issues in older content, in some areas

Its a great news having more high lv camps, even better if those camps are placed in less populated zones. Its a wonderful way to change pace and move out of those holes in gates and hell zones.

I do remember some time ago those devs, in a reddit interaction, kinda made fun of a question asking for more camps. Iirc, the answer was: “what? You need more camps?”.

I guess another side effect of those changes maybe gonna be the old merit battles and unity NM, as i guess those were affected by level correction iirc? Tbf i dont fully understand the idea of lv correction, i just felt like those avatar fights used to take a lot less dmg than higher lv NMs, im not sure if that was due lv correction.
By RadialArcana 2021-06-08 16:04:05  
Unless the *** has the highest rank, which is sometimes the case on Asura.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-06-09 13:39:07  
Anyone know which stages for each assault area give the most points upon clear? I am collecting KIs and need points to buy/store yigit/pahluwan armor
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-09 13:47:35  
There's a couple that have the highest points per run, but they're the shitty ones like matching apkallus, and defusing bombs.

But Time:Points any of the last ones, the boss fights are like 30 seconds for 1500, that's the optimal way.

The bg page has (assumed correct) point values. https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Category:Assault
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-06-09 13:51:54  
Thanks! as always, ha
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-06-10 13:10:02  
Does anyone have this item and can tell me how many items the enchantment gives?
https://www.ffxiah.com/item/21098/leafkin-bopper-1

Edit random number
By asuraasrial 2021-06-10 17:14:53  
Does anyone know how to get partybuffs to show your own buffs? Default settings have it only showing my teammate's and my own are way out of my field of vision when monitoring others. Any advice?
 Fenrir.Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-06-10 18:06:15  
asuraasrial said: »
Does anyone know how to get partybuffs to show your own buffs? Default settings have it only showing my teammate's and my own are way out of my field of vision when monitoring others. Any advice?
The creator said its complicated.

I found this when I wanted it for the same reason.
https://github.com/KenshiDRK/Addons/issues/17
By asuraasrial 2021-06-10 18:28:13  
Fenrir.Jinxs said: »
asuraasrial said: »
The creator said its complicated.

I found this when I wanted it for the same reason.
https://github.com/KenshiDRK/Addons/issues/17

Thank you!
By Rips 2021-06-11 14:27:46  
I'm making the switch from credit card to crysta for my mules as they're only used a few days a month.

Any tips or warnings? I've heard of people getting login errors if there is insufficient crysta, that's about it.

I'll probably just load up for a years worth.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-11 14:29:41  
I mean the only real issue is prepaying like that then getting banned.

No refunds.
First Page 2 3 ... 704 705 706 ... 831 832 833