Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 662 663 664 ... 842 843 844
 Ragnarok.Magicobandito
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: awcoburn
By Ragnarok.Magicobandito 2020-08-28 17:37:06  
Thanks. I am, yes. 99 + 51 exactly at the same time as the materials. It's very puzzling.

I tried zoning, waiting a game day, changing to the job that uses the weapon, etc. knowing that these likely wouldn't change anything, but had to try something.

Ugh, I'm an idiot. I already made that particular weapon ages ago and just didn't look in my Mog Locker.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-08-28 21:46:37  
What is that weird ground effect I saw someone do where runes of all kinds spin in a circle on the ground? I saw it on Rua’s guide and didn’t pay any mind to it but saw someone in town do it.
 Asura.Crevox
サーバ: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2020-08-28 22:01:35  
Mattelot said: »
What is that weird ground effect I saw someone do where runes of all kinds spin in a circle on the ground? I saw it on Rua’s guide and didn’t pay any mind to it but saw someone in town do it.

/jobemote RUN
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-08-29 07:30:12  
Asura.Crevox said: »
/jobemote RUN

Wow thanks. I looked that up and I've never heard of that before. When was that introduced?
By SimonSes 2020-08-29 08:15:42  
Mattelot said: »
Asura.Crevox said: »
/jobemote RUN

Wow thanks. I looked that up and I've never heard of that before. When was that introduced?

8+ years ago
By Mattelot 2020-08-29 08:18:19  
Must have been when I was taking a break. Interesting.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-30 04:00:51  
https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Ice_Queen_Shiva-A_Tragedy_of_Treason
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By ashcrow 2020-08-30 13:42:58  
wrong thread,
 Ragnarok.Magicobandito
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: awcoburn
By Ragnarok.Magicobandito 2020-09-01 10:32:23  
Does anyone know if skill up campaigns like the one upcoming in Aug 2020 apply to PUP automatons?
By Pantafernando 2020-09-01 14:26:40  
Subjective and i dont have a standart to compare.

What i can say, while skilling up during campaign in reives, it didnt seems slow. The speed was quite good, it didnt take long to cap.

If anything, it doesnt hurt to wait to skill up during campaign. Nothing to lose, only to gain.
 Bahamut.Unagihito
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-09-01 17:18:37  
Did I miss a change to who can buy Living Keys? On Bahamut Sandy is R3, and I'm a Windy citizen and I can buy them from the Sandy NPC.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-01 17:24:32  
Kupowers probably active

Quote:
Bountiful Bazaar: All regional merchants in each of the three nations will be open for business!
[+]
 Bahamut.Unagihito
サーバ: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2020-09-01 17:28:25  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Kupowers probably active

Quote:
Bountiful Bazaar: All regional merchants in each of the three nations will be open for business!

Oh! You're totally correct. I wasn't around when they implemented those so I never really pay attention to them. Thanks!
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-09-01 18:08:22  
Bahamut.Unagihito said: »
Did I miss a change to who can buy Living Keys? On Bahamut Sandy is R3, and I'm a Windy citizen and I can buy them from the Sandy NPC.
Blasphemy!
[+]
By EverlastingFFXI 2020-09-01 22:41:27  
hi i have a questions

• Does killing Dynamis Lord unlock or give you anything besides the title?

• Does mog garden unlock anything else or give any rewards beyond the garden and monsters and stuff?

• What is the best approach for full 6 human CP / JP party on Apex mobs? Meaning how do you interact when the party has 3 or 4 DPS? Do people pair up and skill chain and the odd man pulls next mob or how do people do it now with 3 or 4 human DPS?

• Is there a way to disable the "March lost" and similar log messages from the GearInfo addon?

• When I am using a trust tank how do I engage the enemy so that all the trusts don't line up behind the tank trust and get cleaved over and over?

• Do any jobs rest for MP any more? SMN? Others?

• Do Afterglow and Sphere stack?

• How can i tell i have purchased or am now able to purchase a specific vorseal (say dawn of death quest completion)? I bought/activated all I could but I have no idea which quests I completed to get each one.

• Would anyone mind pointing me to their “best” Salvage info for farming Alex in a time efficient way? I’m new to Salvage and need the Alex for my Mythic (and for the 4x clears for titles but I’ll figure that out).

• What do people spend beastman seals on these days?

Thanks!
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-01 22:56:03  
Atma of the Rescuer
Ygnas
Standard meta party - all the buffers
Don't know that one
Walk like a small circle around the mob to spread them out (before engage)
Not really, so many refresh effects/mp restore effects
you can have (different) sphere and afterglow on at the same time - you can't have +1 regen and +1 regen "stack" but you could have 1 refresh and 1 regen
spreadsheet lol, write em all down, cross em off one by one till you figure it out https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Escha#Vorseals_2
AoE gears with TH tag (without starting an argument on "best job" for it)
Up in arms
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-09-01 23:24:11  
EverlastingFFXI said: »
[li]Does killing Dynamis Lord unlock or give you anything besides the title?[/li]

Unlocks a synthetic Atma ( https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Atma_of_the_Rescuer ), offhand, and gives a cutscene.

Quote:
[li]Does mog garden unlock anything else or give any rewards beyond the garden and monsters and stuff?[/li]

Outside of the rewards given for quest series itself, it's required for the Gold Shovel Cordon KI that's in turn required for most of the Adoulin epilogue missions (+1 your ring, Ygnas trust, etc).
Keep in mind it's only one thing towards that. You essentially need to do (almost) every quest in Adoulin, which also means total completion/max rank in Coalitions and more. Some of it is time gated so that it'll take 6+ months to do.

Quote:
[li]What is the best approach for full 6 human CP / JP party on Apex mobs? Meaning how do you interact when the party has 3 or 4 DPS? Do people pair up and skill chain and the odd man pulls next mob or how do people do it now with 3 or 4 human DPS?[/li]

Realistically, it'd depend more on what jobs people need CP on. Optimally, there'd be little point in more than a couple "DD" jobs, since you'd want BRD/COR/GEO anyway, plus probably a healer, and in most camps they could all DD as well. At that point you should be able to at least just pull mobs for each DD to multistep SC.

Quote:
[li]When I am using a trust tank how do I engage the enemy so that all the trusts don't line up behind the tank trust and get cleaved over and over?[/li]

Can vary, since different trusts have different AI for that. Usually once the tank engages, they'll stand still, where others may follow you.

Quote:
[li]Do any jobs rest for MP any more? SMN? Others?[/li]

No.

Quote:
[li]Do Afterglow and Sphere stack?[/li]

Afterglow and Sphere effects are two different buffs, so one of each is fine. You can have multiple Afterglow effects if they're from different weapon types I think.

Quote:
[li]How can i tell i have purchased or am now able to purchase a specific vorseal (say dawn of death quest completion)? I bought/activated all I could but I have no idea which quests I completed to get each one. [/li]

I'm not aware of that information being provided, same as it wasn't for Synthetic Atma.

Quote:
[li]Would anyone mind pointing me to their “best” Salvage info for farming Alex in a time efficient way? I’m new to Salvage and need the Alex for my Mythic (and for the 4x clears for titles but I’ll figure that out).[/li]

Farm the "II" zones. Use AoE. I like BLU for it. I farmed SSR2 for my first couple Mythics. You can also get a lot of Alex from Ambuscade these days.
If you do elect to farm your Alex, keep in mind that you'll still be limited to getting a permit once per game day. So, you may be able to stack them (or just swap characters), but you can also use wait time between them to do Einherjar runs or work on Assaults to optimize.

Quote:
[li]What do people spend beastman seals on these days?[/li]
[/ul]

Beastman Seals specifically... Up In Arms.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-09-02 01:27:00  
I don't think Afterglow effects can stack, and they don't stack with Aftermath either. Only one can be active at the same time, I thought?

As far as Sphere effect I dunno, never tested honestly.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-02 01:46:43  
You can't have more than one "after-" effect

You can have, if it's right on bg
aftermath + (unlimited?) spheres
afterglow + (unlimited?) spheres
By Pantafernando 2020-09-02 02:37:43  
With 6 man party, best to split each DD with trusts RDM, BRD, WHM, COR, what ive been doing with mules, and one mule just leeching.

If you have a real suport, then you surely can swap trusts as they suck in general.

Any DD with selfskillchain can do Apex Efts in Moh Gates provide he has 1050+ acc. As i have malignance set, what i worked this CP campaign was just gearing all jobs that can use the set, WK offhand, one set for WS, empy WS generally, or just Savage Blade, then just keep repeating over and over.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-09-02 08:58:30  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
You can't have more than one "after-" effect

You can have, if it's right on bg
aftermath + (unlimited?) spheres
afterglow + (unlimited?) spheres

BG Wiki is what I saw saying you can have different Afterglow effects provided they're from different categories. Can't say I've messed with it since it's not like they're relied on for anything.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-02 09:27:33  
Quote:
Afterglow from level 99 II relic weapons works in the same manner as sphere effects.

I should've put a (s) on Afterglow(s)
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-09-02 12:43:46  
Couple questions about Kraken Club.

First, does anyone know the actual attack distribution?

Second, let's say you are dual wielding it, and you swing three times with your first hand. Since 8 hits is the maximum per round, if the Kraken Club rolls an 8 hit, does that proceed and just cuts off when the round hits 8 (at 5 hits), or does it reroll until it gets a <6 value?
By Morihei 2020-09-02 13:34:46  
Question! What does weapon skill level actually affect?

Is it just accuracy and attack? Or does it play into WSD or base damage beyond those?

Asking for a friend...that wants to be a Scythe BST...
By SimonSes 2020-09-02 13:42:02  
Asura.Geriond said: »
Couple questions about Kraken Club.

First, does anyone know the actual attack distribution?

Second, let's say you are dual wielding it, and you swing three times with your first hand. Since 8 hits is the maximum per round, if the Kraken Club rolls an 8 hit, does that proceed and just cuts off when the round hits 8 (at 5 hits), or does it reroll until it gets a <6 value?

All I have ever found is 5:15:25:25:15:10:3:2

Now for the second question I dont have an answer, but Im almost sure that hits are just cut off at 8 and there is no reroll.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-09-02 14:44:14  
Morihei said: »
Question! What does weapon skill level actually affect?

Is it just accuracy and attack? Or does it play into WSD or base damage beyond those?

Asking for a friend...that wants to be a Scythe BST...

For nearly all weapons, skill does just translate to ACC/ATT. The exception is Hand to Hand, which has a base damage derived from skill, along with a base delay. That's why you see a '+' next to the damage/delay on H2H weapons, as they're adding to those base amounts.

The larger considerations for your friend are weaponskill selection and additional stats.
While low skill may not be a dealbreaker, especially on lower end content, you'll typically find that a job has more limited access to WSes on a lower ranked weapon. It's not a direct result of available skill, but it kind of goes hand in hand. There are some nice tables here listing everything.

Though BST isn't quite as limited with a Scythe as they are with some other weapons, it (and, well, everything that isn't DRK) ends up missing a good chunk of weaponskills.

Additionally, aside from getting everything for Axe, that's also the weapon type that actually gets applicable pet stats. Using much else may be leaving pet damage on the table. While less of a big deal, BST also isn't on the better DD grips.

As with any job in this game, the ideal thing is to be comprehensive. Having a scythe setup as a possibility could end up being useful (older proc content for instance). Or just a fun thing to mess with. However, as a "primary" build it'd be lacking.
By aiyah4la84 2020-09-02 15:10:30  
Whats the the fastest job to gear up solo? Have a toddler so I'm limited on time and friends.
By Pantafernando 2020-09-02 15:14:51  
GEO
First Page 2 3 ... 662 663 664 ... 842 843 844