Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 634 635 636 ... 831 832 833
By Draylo 2020-02-19 16:22:25  
I'm not up to date on the tech laptop world, so I have no idea why Acer is considered so bad. Just giving my opinion based on how the laptop has worked for me, quite well. 3 instances of XI 1 of XIV and I leave it on all the time, it can get a little hot but never turns off or causes issues. I'd say that isn't being ignorant but making an obvious observation that clearly it works well. I would consider that a decent device.
By Jetackuu 2020-02-19 16:32:25  
Literally just said how you were ignorant and then don't comprehend why you're ignorant.

I wouldn't give you ***for being ignorant if you'd just say "For me, a person who doesn't know any better it works as far as I can tell because I don't know any better."

You are ignorant, and acer is utter trash. I'm not attacking you either, I'm just stating factual statements here.

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Acer are budget laptops with poor build quality and the cheapest parts available for the listed spec. If you typically upgrade within a few years or frequently break or lose your laptop, I suppose there could be an argument made for them.

^
By Jetackuu 2020-02-19 16:33:10  
8gb ram needs an upgrade

For most people 8gb of ram is plenty, seriously close some tabs already ^.O

Edit: I should also say it should be the absolute bare minimum, along with some sort of ssd for the OS.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-19 16:38:58  
Draylo said: »
I have no idea why Acer is considered so bad

As I said last page, build quality. If you get a properly made one with no issues, it's got the same capabilities as anything else in the spec range. But, Acer has had more frequent issues with using subpar parts or having major design flaws than the other manufacturers.

After a model range has been out for a couple years and the most common issues with it have been identified, it's not as much of a problem. But, if you're buying the latest model then going with a manufacturer that has a better track record reduces the chances you have problems in the future.

tldr; your Acer is probably perfectly fine, Buuki's Acer is probably perfectly fine, and millions of other people probably have perfectly fine Acers.. but as a prospective consumer who has not yet attached themselves to a product by purchasing it the failure rate is higher than the other manufacturers and that's an important metric worth considering
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-19 16:44:48  
They're all built by the same kids in Taiwan, just different stickers
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-02-19 16:47:57  
that's an important metric worth considering

Not to mention their driver support is astoundingly horrible. Then again that could be due to choice in hardware and the respective chip having ***firmware, but I digress.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-19 16:49:50  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
They're all built by the same kids in Taiwan, just different stickers

They are not designed by the kids, and the design process changes the likelihood of manufacturing error and has a large impact on heat distribution(which can lead to all sorts of things, from throttling the CPU/GPU to killing the battery prematurely). Further, they don't all source the same parts(CPU/GPU are pretty much standard, but RAM/PSU/Motherboard are often lowest bidder because they don't show up on the sticker specs aside from the amount of RAM).

Build quality is a broad term that encompasses more than how capable their slave labor is.
By Draylo 2020-02-19 17:55:41  
Wow, I just traded a Herculean trousers and he says I have 210 times remaining for dark matter augment.... Sooo, is this a random glitch or is there an addon causing this lol. I just augmented it 7 times and stopped as it keeps letting me trade from 210, now at 203.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-19 17:59:48  
unsurprising if they *** something up when they fixed the other 2 bugs... have to go check though <.<

must be an addon of some kind, I've got 6 tries

Are they actual DM augs or is it just a screwed up menu burning your stones
 Fenrir.Loynis
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-19 18:02:49  
I already used my augments on both my characters several hours ago and logging in now I didn't get more. They really need to spend the next 3 years organizing the coding.
By Draylo 2020-02-19 18:04:40  
All my chars got 6 tries, then I traded the trousers on one and thought I was daydreaming. Said 210 times remaining lol. I'll upload a video
By Draylo 2020-02-19 18:07:30  
Wowww, false alarm, it was Pellucid stones. >.> I was daydreaming lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-02-19 18:08:43  
You've killed my hopes, then again I would have burned 210 DM augments and still not receive +5 phalanx on 3 pieces of gear.
By Draylo 2020-02-19 18:09:35  
lol fail, I have no idea how that happened because I clicked techniques. I honestly was thinking I would get banned, but so tempting if it was DM to do it 200 times lol.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-19 18:18:04  
I wonder if you suposelly could actually use 200 tries on DM if you could be suspended/banned. After all that would fall in the category of abusing an exploit.
By Draylo 2020-02-19 18:29:11  
I'm sure you would, SE wipes the floor with anyone exposed to any exploit, even the whistleblowers. No survivors.
By Jetackuu 2020-02-19 19:10:12  
Pantafernando said: »
that would fall in the category of abusing an exploit.

Literally the definition of it.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-02-20 05:43:28  
Speaking of DM augs, what's the max Crit Damage you can get with DM augs? 7%?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By orangemanbad 2020-02-20 16:01:53  
Jetackuu said: »
8gb ram needs an upgrade

For most people 8gb of ram is plenty, seriously close some tabs already ^.O

Edit: I should also say it should be the absolute bare minimum, along with some sort of ssd for the OS.

I currently have 800 GB of RAM and a 32 MB video card.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2020-02-21 11:51:26  
Do you have to be thief or /thf for TH gear to matter?

Looking to farm cards in omen for War. I have a few pieces of augmented armor with TH, do you have to have at least Treasure hunter I for TH to proc? Is TH +1 just equal to TH?

I can /thf with 2 pieces of TH+ for a total of TH4. But would be prefer you go with TH2 from the two pieces of gear and sub /dnc or /Sam.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-21 12:02:16  
TH gear works regardless of trait, you don't need to sub thf
 Bismarck.Punchus
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Punchus
By Bismarck.Punchus 2020-02-21 12:19:42  
Carbuncle.Tyleron said: »
Do you have to be thief or /thf for TH gear to matter?

Looking to farm cards in omen for War. I have a few pieces of augmented armor with TH, do you have to have at least Treasure hunter I for TH to proc? Is TH +1 just equal to TH?

I can /thf with 2 pieces of TH+ for a total of TH4. But would be prefer you go with TH2 from the two pieces of gear and sub /dnc or /Sam.

Don't think cards are drops from mobs but completing the objectives is what gives cards.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-21 12:22:46  
he just wants to maximize detretus drops while card farming
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2020-02-21 12:34:28  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
he just wants to maximize detretus drops while card farming

Yep. Thanks. I will try a few runs /Sam or /dnc and with TH2. Primary focus is card objectives, but will try to maximize detretus drops.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2020-02-21 14:37:58  
Little off the rails, but I been able to do the siren quest all the way into leaffala and got the first cs when zoning in, but I am unable to get the second one at the drifting feather. I tried multiple devices and no luck, is there some small quest I'm missing that blocks it that I'm not seeing on bg?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-21 14:39:25  
No less than five other people have that same issue.

You must have something blocking it, but no one has made the effort to figure out which quest it is, or step you missed.

Seems to be relatively rare though, did you follow the bg steps, get the right soil, etc

Short list of things I can think of because I had no issue include, anything GEO related (started idris questline, mid 15/15 af pieces, exudiation etc) Arciela directive or Ygnas directive related.
 Asura.Mewwgoat
user: mewgoat
By Asura.Mewwgoat 2020-02-21 14:43:58  
Yeah, turned in my vagary items for whatever the master deemed fit (codex still...) have done all the missions through the c's, but haven't completed the SoA extra for the +1 rings. Couldn't have been a step missed because the next step is just to look at the point. I got all the characters minus leafy Boi as trusts. When I get free time I'll look at all the quests in that zone and compare what I have, I thought the feather was brand new point for siren myself
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-21 14:46:56  
Not so much completed Arciela's or Ygnas' Directives, but possibly started them. I never started either one and had no issue. and most people who start it do so with intent to finish. But yeah look at open quests, and start X'in em out.

maybe dropped the cuffs or the coat? really just totally guessing since there is no information to go on.

Ones that I had active and had no issue, just to get you started
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-21 15:02:15  
I would see if someone else doing the quest can invite you and see if you can enter the battle. If you can get in and it will take your ki then you're set.
First Page 2 3 ... 634 635 636 ... 831 832 833