Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 633 634 635 ... 831 832 833
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-17 11:02:44  
dgvoodoo should be chosen based on whether you need the graphical enhancements of reshade, or the ability to break fullscreen

if you just want your gpu to work, you can use atomos' proxy which has no side effects.. so definitely don't pick your laptop based around needing a d3d proxy
[+]
By Wotasu 2020-02-17 11:21:47  
So a friend of mine has an odd ffxi problem, when he takes big damage or AoE Dmg his macro books jumps to a diffrent macro set. It happens in vanilla or windower mode. Anyone have an idea?
Edit: This has been a long running problem.
By Pantafernando 2020-02-17 11:25:52  
Maybe he got scared a hit random buttons?
[+]
By clearlyamule 2020-02-17 11:37:57  
The mob rekt him so hard it hit him in real life
By Chimerawizard 2020-02-17 12:36:47  
{Ctrl,Alt}+shift+# = changes the macro page to that #.
maybe he's holding shift when he shouldn't.
otherwise maybe he's pressing shift when he changes tab and the game doesn't realize he is no longer pressing it.
By tyalangan 2020-02-17 14:46:43  
Will I have to take every one of my alts' runic discs to floor 100 (3 characters = 300 floors) to get all their runic keys?
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-02-17 14:48:14  
Any character who gets the disc and progresses from 1-100 gets a key so if all 3 get a disc and all 3 run together, you need 1-100 one time

(*) if the goal is make a mythic with all 3 make sure you alternate leaders because one character leading every run will fall noticeably behind in tokens
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-17 14:48:30  
tyalangan said: »
Will I have to take every one of my alts' runic discs to floor 100 (3 characters = 300 floors) to get all their runic keys?

They can be done at the same time. If you start from floor 1, all will get credit. But, yes, every character will need to be at every floor from floor 1 to floor 100.
By tyalangan 2020-02-17 14:53:54  
Cool that's good to hear. Thanks guys.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
(*) if the goal is make a mythic with all 3 make sure you alternate leaders because one character leading every run will fall noticeably behind in tokens

Started noticing this on my main when finishing his floors to farm floor 100. Good looking out.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-02-17 16:44:03  
Nah, he unlocked it forever ago. Obviously the one with the windower check running is still floating around though.

Here is the post
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-02-18 07:55:01  
Draylo said: »
Yet you didn't recommend anything to him, of course you critique anything people buy lol. You said the same about my last PC I posted. It isn't garbage, far from it and I explained why in my previous post. He wants it for XI.

Going idle, as in the power saving turns off the screen, duh. Anytime you leave advice on PC related things, you get the nerd that comes in pushing up his glasses "AKCTUALLY, that is inferior hardware." Yet he posts a generic statement, without recommending companies to buy from (since most dont build laptops.) Although he is free to critique anyone that posts suggestions.

Of course I don't recommend anything to him, I haven't bought a laptop in ages, and people have personal preferences, I laid out guidelines that are easy enough to follow, I'm sorry that you're too ignorant to comprehend them. Acer is garbage, that is a known fact you can't "explain" that away.

There's no nerd "akctually" there, just mere facts. Again, apparently you're too ignorant to comprehend them. It's pretty simple: don't buy acer, usually don't buy anything in a retail store. But keep on being ignorant and whining about things you don't understand, that's cool.
By Jetackuu 2020-02-18 07:58:25  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
dgvoodoo should be chosen based on whether you need the graphical enhancements of reshade, or the ability to break fullscreen

if you just want your gpu to work, you can use atomos' proxy which has no side effects.. so definitely don't pick your laptop based around needing a d3d proxy

For those that are paying attention: ^ is accurate. May also be better for those running 4-5 instances.
 Asura.Silvannesti
By Asura.Silvannesti 2020-02-19 02:50:40  
Has anyone ever gotten a yellow or black chocobo suit or headpiece from the gobbie box or during the nni event?
By Draylo 2020-02-19 03:05:26  
Jetackuu said: »
Yet you didn't recommend anything to him, of course you critique anything people buy lol. You said the same about my last PC I posted. It isn't garbage, far from it and I explained why in my previous post. He wants it for XI.

Going idle, as in the power saving turns off the screen, duh. Anytime you leave advice on PC related things, you get the nerd that comes in pushing up his glasses "AKCTUALLY, that is inferior hardware." Yet he posts a generic statement, without recommending companies to buy from (since most dont build laptops.) Although he is free to critique anyone that posts suggestions.

Of course I don't recommend anything to him, I haven't bought a laptop in ages, and people have personal preferences, I laid out guidelines that are easy enough to follow, I'm sorry that you're too ignorant to comprehend them. Acer is garbage, that is a known fact you can't "explain" that away.

There's no nerd "akctually" there, just mere facts. Again, apparently you're too ignorant to comprehend them. It's pretty simple: don't buy acer, usually don't buy anything in a retail store. But keep on being ignorant and whining about things you don't understand, that's cool.

You're the one being ignorant. I just explained how I've had this laptop for years, have been running 3 instances of XI and one of XIV and run it 24/7. I have not encountered one error with the laptop. The guy is looking for a LAPTOP, to use for FFXI. Why is my suggestion invalid? Nobody asked for your opinion on my opinion, thanks. He is allowed to have multiple opinions so he can form his own.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-19 09:32:55  
Always do the opposite of Jetackuu.
By fonewear 2020-02-19 09:33:12  
If Jet says don't buy Acer buy Acer.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-02-19 09:54:28  
It's pretty simple: don't buy acer
What's wrong with Acer? They make perfectly adequate cat warmers.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2020-02-19 10:12:38  
Any suggestions on running FFXI on a surface pro 4? It’s slow/laggy as hell for me
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-19 10:25:01  
Acer are budget laptops with poor build quality and the cheapest parts available for the listed spec. If you typically upgrade within a few years or frequently break or lose your laptop, I suppose there could be an argument made for them.

My experience would be that mac > lenovo > asus > don't bother, in terms of build quality. Alienware are pretty similar to asus in build quality, but rarely in the same price range. You'll pay a lot more for the same specs in a mac or lenovo, unless you happen to catch a good sale.

Didn't catch a budget, but if you're planning to run multiple characters or play other games, this is a pretty nice deal right now:
https://www.newegg.com/stealth-black-asus-tuf-gaming-fx505du-mb53-gaming-entertainment/p/N82E16834235244?Item=N82E16834235244

Throw in another 8gb stick and you've got a top notch gaming laptop for under 900.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2020-02-19 11:01:50  

You're the one being ignorant. I just explained how I've had this laptop for years, have been running 3 instances of XI and one of XIV and run it 24/7. I have not encountered one error with the laptop. The guy is looking for a LAPTOP, to use for FFXI. Why is my suggestion invalid? Nobody asked for your opinion on my opinion, thanks. He is allowed to have multiple opinions so he can form his own.

Except I'm not being ignorant at all. Just because you're too ignorant to know better doesn't make it a decent device.

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Any suggestions on running FFXI on a surface pro 4? It’s slow/laggy as hell for me

Don't, intel HD sucks *** (may be able to try the dx8 wrapper that was posted earlier).

fonewear said: »
If Jet says don't buy Acer buy Acer.

Why aren't you posting memes or titties?
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-19 11:05:04  
DirectX said: »
Acer aren't as trash as they used to be
Quote:
If you're just playing FFXI then it doesn't even matter much really anyway.

We aren't really talking specs. Any mfg will advertise good specs at a good price, or they'd have zero business. If you buy 1000 laptops from different mfrs, 900 of them are going to function perfectly as advertised for their lifespan.

It's that last 10% that makes choice of brand relevant, because the brands with crappy build quality are much more likely to die out of warranty and leave you needing to pay for repairs and replacement parts(or as most americans do, throw it out and buy a new one).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-19 11:48:36  
huttburt<3 said: »
So I'm shopping for a laptop that will run the game good.

Any suggestions?

Here's one I purchased a year ago, and it runs FFXI very well:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-nitro-5-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-1tb-hard-drive-128gb-ssd-black/6344387.p?skuId=6344387&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=1028&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqNLm7pXe5wIVBRgMCh1O9Ab1EAkYASABEgLF2fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I use dgvoodoo, but I admit i'm not super tech savvy with new hardware. I just wanted something I could bring with me on the go and has some power to it. It works for me and it is a reasonable price. OH, and it's an Acer (idc, i love it).
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-02-19 12:26:57  
Double drive could be handy if you don't have a real PC at home or need a lot of large files on the go. 8gb ram needs an upgrade. GPU is on the low end if you play modern games, and is not really user upgradable. 128GB SSD is iffy if you plan to install multiple games on it.

Overall, not the worst deal if FFXI only. Surprisingly good CPU for the price. But, someone who plays other games would likely still need to upgrade the RAM, upgrade the SSD, and at that point you may as well just pool the money and get something with a better GPU too.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-02-19 12:31:37  
Yeah this is the only game I play and have any time for, until FF7, so I works out for me. Never considered modern gaming.

However, I will say that my friend shared a FFXIV code with me and I played for about a month with no issues. Game was beautiful and I never noticed any issues. I actually managed to run FFXI + FFXIV in the background at the same time, and it was completely fine (with Discord video chat in background). So it has some power behind it at least.
By fonewear 2020-02-19 12:34:43  
Here is my laptop:

It's currently running overclocked plastic bags with 100 trillion nerd points of RAM.

[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-02-19 12:45:16  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
However, I will say that my friend shared a FFXIV code with me and I played for about a month with no issues. Game was beautiful and I never noticed any issues. I actually managed to run FFXI + FFXIV in the background at the same time, and it was completely fine (with Discord video chat in background). So it has some power behind it at least.

The 1650 is a slight upgrade over the old 1050Ti, and would be pretty solid for 1080p gaming on slightly older titles. That machine would do nicely on quite a lot of games, were you inclined to play 'em.

The Nitro 5 in various incarnations has been a common bargain suggestion for the past year or two, though AFAIK it does suffer from quality issues, and at this point is a bit dated.
Someone buying a machine today would probably be better off with the ASUS Thorny linked to.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-02-19 12:46:00  
Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

The 1650 is a slight upgrade over the old 1050Ti, and would be pretty solid for 1080p gaming on slightly older titles. That machine would do nicely on quite a lot of games, were you inclined to play 'em.

The Nitro 5 in various incarnations has been a common bargain suggestion for the past year or two, though AFAIK it does suffer from quality issues, and at this point is a bit dated.
Someone buying a machine today would probably be better off with the ASUS Thorny linked to.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 633 634 635 ... 831 832 833