Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 564 565 566 ... 830 831 832
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-11 08:20:31  
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
If you're planning to have one synthed, keep in mind buying a preset number of synths isn't always proper with shield enchantment, you'll likely run out of some mats well before others and have to restock mats as you go. Plan to have to do that, or get a mismatched chunk of mats back at the end.
Yeah I want two necks synthed, with similar mats. One is prio, the other is luxury. I'll focus on getting enough mats for getting HQ2 on the one I want, and use any leftovers (with due additons) to attempt the second.

I just wanted to get a rough idea of the amount of synth attempt mats I should aim to gather before I bother him.

Thanks a lot for the provided data!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-10-11 08:25:12  
Asura.Alfylicious said: »
What is the proper etiquette for having someone craft something? For instance, I'd like a piety wand / asclepius. If I provide mats the shield enchantment guarantees hq1 if successful right? What's the proper tip / fee? What's the proper tip if hq2 is actually made given there is no real market value of asclepius yet?

Is anyone on asura available to do this synth for me?

Thank you!
People who have been synthing for me are somewhat close friends, so I'm not sure it would be the same for someone you barely know.
Best answer to your question would be: be polite and ask them!

I guess it kinda depends on the recipe and how hard it is. Normally I leave any leftover mat or additional HQs to the crafter, once I'm done with getting what I wanted.
That way I get what I wanted saving a lot of gil but at the same time they also get something that's not completely irrelevant for them to keep.

It was my choice though, my way of saying "hey dude, I'm really really thankful for what you've done to me!"
They never asked or demanded anything in return, if I wanted I could've probably given them absolutely nothing. It just didn't feel "right" to me.
Unless it was a matter of doing mutual favours to each other, but that wasn't the case because I couldn't really do anything for them no matter how much I wanted.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-11 09:27:54  
Think etiquette is completely determined by the crafter's attitude and your relationship with them.

I would generally tell a stranger to pay my asking price for the completed product and keep their mats, or reduce the item's price by the AH value of the mats. Why should they get something for mat cost that can be sold for much more? The shield costs ~2bil that can take quite a while to earn back with today's slim margins. Plus, you don't want people who can't even synth the items driving up the AH price of your mats because it's a one time purchase to them, while you might be synthing another 50 of them.

If it's an item that's otherwise unavailable, I'd say a reasonable tip is 10% of the finished product's value, or half the difference between mats and AH price. You shouldn't be stepping on anyone's market in that case, and you might even be alerting them to another potential revenue stream.

Totally different story if it's a friend, will synth most things for mats and refuse compensation. If they want me to use multiple enchantment charges and spend a few hours doing batches, I'd probably trade favors or ask for a bit of gil since it's taking a meaningful amount of my time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By chads 2018-10-14 15:09:00  
Does iLvl factor in to how much damage you take (level correction)?

For example a BST pulling dragons at portal 2 in Escha Zi'tah wearing Kaidate (iLvl 109) and Killer Shortbow (no iLvl) has an iLvl lower than 119. Will this increase damage taken by these mobs because of lower iLvl or are the defensive stats on the gear, not iLvl, the only thing that matters?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-10-14 16:24:28  
The simple answer, for the player themselves at least, is that it's entirely based on the stats on the gear.

The con of the mob will change based on your item level, and Trusts will scale according to it. You're just getting the benefits of the listed stats.

Additionally, main/sub/ranged only takes into account your highest ilevel item in those slots. So for your example there, if you're wearing an i119 axe (and armor) then your item level is still i119, despite what your shield/bow are.

For most weapons, the only defensive aspect you might lose is the parry/guard/whatever bonus, which wouldn't tend to be applicable to pulling (need to be engaged, or have things in front, etc).

The reverse is also true, where you can have armor (Argosy for instance) that's i119, but offers little of the normal defensive benefits, effectively leaving you vulnerable compared to other options.

Also consider that the cumulative Gifts on a Mastered job can often give a significant bump to defenses, but are not reflected at all in the item level rating.
In addition, high level areas such as Adoulin and Escha areas, don't do level correction (at least, they don't do it for us attacking mobs).

It's only usually important to focus on that item level number if trying to keep Trusts at their potential.
[+]
By chads 2018-10-14 17:45:37  
Thank you that is very helpful and informative. ^^
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-10-15 16:02:33  
Is there a 7-step skillchain WAR can do with non-great axe for omen objective?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-15 16:06:07  
Quint spear Penta > double > penta > double > penta > double
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-10-15 18:21:35  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

I'm glad I saved a quint spear. thank you!
By clearlyamule 2018-10-15 19:26:16  
To add to the above about level correction doesn't exist in basically any zone you'd find a mob with level decently higher than 100 (like escha) and for mobs level correction is only a benefit to them so only matters how much higher than you they are
By Autocast 2018-10-18 14:55:39  
I know this question gets asked often so sorry but,

Run+Geo Vs Blu+Geo as far as multi boxing setups go? mainly basing it around low man non party play, as most things I do only include me and (sometimes) a friend I play with.

How does your answer change if you add a BRD or COR third box to the scenario?

Other relevant information is that the friend has paladin, samurai and summoner, Geo has idris and Run or blu would eventually have the necessary REMA weapons. Blu is probably my favorite job, But I like run as well, and for any other considerations War and cor closely follow.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-10-18 16:25:19  
I'd think some of that will depend on content.

Personally, I have both BLU and RUN set up decently, and usually have my other accounts on GEO + BRD or COR. I'd generally favor using BLU as it's a lot more self-reliant and flexible (and likely outputs better damage on average). If things are just really not favorable for it though, getting out of AoE range with SCH, or being able to better stand in it with RUN are handy.
By Pantafernando 2018-10-18 17:23:15  
Hi.

Im planning on leveling some mules to 99 for extra orbs.

What would be a fastest route? Straigth burning in the first camp available or spending some time to collect rov kis/get new access?

Thanks in advance
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-18 17:26:49  
No point bothering to collect the KI just wasted time tbh

You don't want to do missions dozens of times... it's firmly in the "not fun" category. Getting the first one from ROV 1-6 might be slightly faster but I don't think it's worth the effort if you're just going to cleave them to 99.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-20 21:06:15  
have any of you managed to kill the craver solo (single account) with a melee?

Which trusts? Just wrecks mp with AOEs, thinking Selhteus is a must?

I know its (very) easy to 2box, but you get half the Detretus that way.
 Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Tussell
By Quetzalcoatl.Tesseracta 2018-10-21 20:50:47  

All you need is Cornelia.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2018-10-22 03:22:34  

I did as BLU and relying on Sanguine Blade sometimes when HP got low. In hybrid gear you shouldn't need it often with cocoon, barrier tusk, and MG up. I've got Tizona too so the fight of attrition won't be easily lost. It was more a race against time so if your HP is good stick to doing CDCs

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2018-10-22 07:52:27  
Pantafernando said: »
Hi.
Im planning on leveling some mules to 99 for extra orbs.
What would be a fastest route? Straigth burning in the first camp available or spending some time to collect rov kis/get new access?
Thanks in advance

well you'll want at least escha Zitha to not make it too painfull (if you can find a free camp, that is) and for maat you'll want trust access there. it's totaly worth spending 1 or 2h moving around and doing up to rank 3 nation, trust unlock and basic RoV untill you get the on ki that allows trust for maat fight. beyond that, dont bother. also pick up easy jobs like war or mnk (get testimony easily along the way when you do the lv cap quest)

between the lv cap quest anyway you'll have to run around a lot so doing a bit of extra to get mission/trust isnt a lot longer.
reminder : mission 2-3 fight is uncapped. also your mule/alt can die when poping the red monkey in qufim, it still count if you kill it.
[+]
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2018-10-22 07:58:42  
Shiva.Berzerk said: »

I'm glad I saved a quint spear. thank you!
or you could use sword and do red lots/burning to shining/seraph back and forth for unlimited liquefaction and scission.

granted you get TP fast enough of course. gives you mroe acc with an ilv sword than the quint spear, should you be short on it.
By zaxtiss 2018-10-23 11:41:30  
hey has anyone tested FUA on path B SU5 weapons to see if it procs on Weapon skills?

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-10-23 17:30:25  
hey guys, been hearing about WSD affecting all (REMA) WS

Went out and tested it, didn't see a difference, is it because you need to beat the T3 boss in Dyna first? (Wondering cuz did extended testing and results were pretty bad with WSD+ VS old gear I was using on the job)

can somebody please send me proof of this "WSD" working?

so far did testing on: BLU NIN THF WAR DNC PUP MNK PLD COR RNG SAM DRG and have yet to see how changing my armor to WSD has made a significant difference on DMG.

Would truly appreciate some help here.

Thx in advance.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-10-23 17:33:40  
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Is Seismostomp physical or magical? Or is it just something else?
Pretty sure physical.

DirectX said: »
Why does BG Wiki say that Sentinel Schzero stops ??? Needles when it does not? I just tested it with 2 chars and 4 trusts.
Where at?
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-10-24 17:02:23  
WSD+ is not working at all XD

Square Enix last update seem to have removed all WSD+ effects..............

Anybody else noticed it?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-24 17:02:45  
No. Just. No.
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-10-24 17:03:43  
Odin.Kuroganashi said: »
WSD+ is not working at all XD

Square Enix last update seem to have removed all WSD+ effects..............

Anybody else noticed it?

No.

go out and test it XD

Just did a extended 3+ hrs and noticed WSD+ not working correctly.
By clearlyamule 2018-10-24 17:04:40  
are you meaning the stat that says it boosts a specific ws? because yeah that's obviously not working on all ws. If you mean the generic wsd stat it certainly does

Also if you taking 3 hours you aren't testing you are eyeballing. It literally takes 2 ws to test
First Page 2 3 ... 564 565 566 ... 830 831 832