Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 543 544 545 ... 834 835 836
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-09 13:59:01  
DirectX said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
That is often where confusion lies if people get worked up over fighting the regen. They cast a spell slightly early, and then think it didn't switch modes, so they go back to the "other" spell, and heal it again.
Yeah. Nukes seem to heal 3x as much as they do damage too. This is definitely one issue that makes PUG difficult, and also why I don't understand why SMNs would use Shiva when it can cure on occasion. Ifrit or Ramuh make more sense to me with my limited knowledge of SMN.

I think you got whooshed~
Asura.Eiryl said: »
aisukage said: »
lightning damage as the SMN

Looks like he used Shiva to me

/s
By clearlyamule 2018-05-09 14:03:20  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
That is often where confusion lies if people get worked up over fighting the regen. They cast a spell slightly early, and then think it didn't switch modes, so they go back to the "other" spell, and heal it again.
Yeah. Nukes seem to heal 3x as much as they do damage too. This is definitely one issue that makes PUG difficult, and also why I don't understand why SMNs would use Shiva when it can cure on occasion. Ifrit or Ramuh make more sense to me with my limited knowledge of SMN.
That's normal. Absorbs ignore things like sdt, dt, and resists (or maybe it just has much lower resist rate) maybe other factors not completely sure.

While it wasn't a win once got it to benediction then down to around 30% before losing hate triboxing rng geo and pup with another player doing sch and geo but wasn't all there so his geo did nothing and the sch was fusion onry and had to afk several times mid fight. Scripted T1 nukes. Yeah you will heal it some but that's way less than it's regen and I didn't have an autora going so needed to pay most attention to my rng. In the grand scheme of things healing it for a few hundred or even 1k every 10-30 seconds (hear differing reports on how often you need to) isn't the hugest deal when even with no support your rng can tp fast enough to keep up with a sch and iirc my unsupported TFs at 3k were doing about 30k but don't quote me on that lol
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-05-09 14:09:04  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »
You downloaded and swapped in the HD weapon pack- which I can only assume that you're aware of- and used that as "evidence" that I was wrong.
I do have the HD wep pack installed. But no, it did not occur to me that Sarissa was a part of that pack. I added the pack as an after thought while I was adding the HD RMEA mods.

If I'd thought of that, then it would have explained why my FFXI install differed, and I'd have either been satisfied at that point, or I'd have done the file repair test. I certainly wouldn't have posted it as evidence.

But you know. You could have just asked me if I used said pack, and noted Sarissa was part of it. Which would have prompted an "Oh ***!, I do use that. That explains why my dat differs" from me. Rather than implicitly accusing me of duplicity.

I mean just look at it lol

Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-05-09 14:33:01  
I don't exactly look at Sarrisa every day, And I honestly didn't examine it beyond, "not Super Blue version." Yes, carelessness on my part. I was remoted into my home PC from work posting between calls. And I've admitted fault. Cut me some slack.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Nyarlko 2018-05-09 15:50:00  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I think you got whooshed~
No, it's what the SMNs used that I got in PUG due to the suggestion by one of them. It is a bad idea for sure, they cured at times.
I think you got trolled~
By zaxtiss 2018-05-09 16:18:41  
you can load up the "ohshi" addon to see what the NM is cast way better then using the log to send macro to a alt to cast the correct element magic.
might be able to use semmah's react addon to do it too but i haven't tried that since my play time is very limited now days.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-09 20:57:44  
I know there is going to be a thread tomorrow, but would like to be ready right after maint. What was the gimmick for goblins ambuscade.

Assume it's just a standard melee party like fomors?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-05-09 23:06:37  
The main gimmick was to separate the enemies to prevent their synchronized attack (Divided We fall). There was a needles and also a Dancing Fullers type move on higher difficulties. Sleep and EA/Scherzo didn't work.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-09 23:07:42  
That sounds miserable. So, 5 pets + cor each corner.

With all the power creep since last time they were up, RUN is probably completely immune to needles? Blus for Magic Barrier? Gravity kite or dual tank?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-05-09 23:21:04  
Pretty sure only main boss was high damage, decent hybrid set on DD can handle the other goblins.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2018-05-09 23:21:33  
It was rather simple because (as far as I can remember) the boss couldn't use his dangerous moves during Chainspell and was quickly killed. He will have three times more HP now however.
Dual tank was the most favored strat I think. Pretty sure a well geared melee can tank a single gob.
By Afania 2018-05-10 10:05:57  
Does empyrean am3 proc on counter attack? I assume it does just want to make sure.
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-05-10 10:45:11  
It doesn't.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 12:22:10  
Does anyone (anywhere) have a list of the trusts in alphabetical order, instead of by job?

yeeah it'll only take a minute to sort, but if you have it already, /lazy
By Draylo 2018-05-10 13:27:38  
What are most people using Resin for? DT-5% or is the status ailment resistance anything worthwhile.
By tyalangan 2018-05-10 13:34:15  
Think we learned that the status ailment resistance will only be 5% on NMs (1/2 the total). If that helps your decision making. Heard several RUNs like the PDT10 to open up slots for other unique RUN benefits (more meva,resist+,parry+,etc.).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 13:39:16  
PDT 10 is the best option imo. Exceptions being specific builds that want parry/resist/shield/counter.

DT -5 Just use Moonbeam.
By clearlyamule 2018-05-10 13:53:45  
Draylo said: »
What are most people using Resin for? DT-5% or is the status ailment resistance anything worthwhile.
Depends on the job really. And even then you might eventually want a couple of options. But yeah for non pet jobs most useful seem to be ailment, pdt, parry. There might be some neet counter builds and idk spell interrupt rate might open up some other slots? Always possible you might want some hybrid melee cap with DT and offensive stats eventually
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 15:11:08  
So not really a random question but Margaret and Kukki are not supposed to be in the Spring extranvaganza, but BG has them there.

Also, yo, ffxidb (the website) is totally broken.
By Asura.Hadroncollider 2018-05-10 19:26:03  
Hmmm. Might be a dumb question... I'm not sure... but today I came back from a brake and I was wondering why my BLU got on both Hands with dual wield exactly the same accuracy but no matter what i equip, even equal swords there allways is a gap of arround 5% in attack between main and Sub Hand. I cant figgure why... anyone know about that? never heared of dualwield cutting... attack.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-05-10 19:47:53  
Offhand weapons only convert 50% of your strength to attack, as compared to 75% of your strength for mainhand weapons.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2018-05-10 22:34:04  
Is it safe to use ffxiview post update yet or did the brd icon change break it?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-10 22:48:47  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »
It's not.

Casting Mazurka generates an invisible icon and casting Hymnus makes me crash.
Tried 3 times, same result three times in a row.
Had to resort to rolling back to the original SE file 57.dat, waiting for Caradog to release an updated version.
By Asura.Hadroncollider 2018-05-11 03:09:44  
didnt know that, thanks alot.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-11 03:21:27  
It's not.

Had to resort to rolling back to the original SE file 57.dat, waiting for Caradog to release an updated version.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-11 03:26:50  
Asura.Sechs said: »
It's not.

Good to know. I'll remove that safe comment then if thats the case.
By Draylo 2018-05-12 19:43:47  
Was about to ask that myself, any update on that?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-05-12 19:56:10  
released about 12 hrs ago via guildwork-

New xiview

Not crashing like sechs described and mazurka has its usual chocobo icon.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 543 544 545 ... 834 835 836