Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 427 428 429 ... 858 859 860
 Bismarck.Dubai
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-03-27 03:47:56  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Ru'aun Suzaku

Thank you!
 Sylph.Aeo
サーバ: Sylph
user: Aeolus
By Sylph.Aeo 2016-03-27 10:47:42  
Did something change w/ gearswap? I've been using the following little clip:

Quote:
elseif command == 'silt' then
send_command('@input /item "Silt Pouch" <me>;wait 5;input //gs c silt')

for quite a while to burn silt pouches, but now it doesn't seem to work. It uses 1 or 2 each time I zone until I reload...
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-27 18:30:13  
So I notice the Adventuring Fellow vorseal requirement got updated on bgwiki from Mirror, mirror to Mirror Images, so I have a bit more work to do.

That said, I am reading that increasing bond level only goes up by chatting at a rendezvous point and each time you use a signal pearl/tactical pearl.

Since the Mirror Images quest is capped at 50, is there any reason to level my fellow beyond 50? I mainly ask because I don't care to. Also are there other ways to increase bond?
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2016-03-27 23:52:11  
Sylph.Aeo said: »
Did something change w/ gearswap? I've been using the following little clip:

Quote:
elseif command == 'silt' then
send_command('@input /item "Silt Pouch" <me>;wait 5;input //gs c silt')

for quite a while to burn silt pouches, but now it doesn't seem to work. It uses 1 or 2 each time I zone until I reload...

It's a bug with Gearswap. During pretarget, it's cancelling out because it cannot find the item in inventory (seems as if it's capturing your inventory each time you zone, counting each stack of items as one item, and subtracting from that count, which is why the number varies).

Edit: Er, I just checked in more detail. It's not Gearswap, it's the Windower API. It's not checking your inventory properly.
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-03-28 03:16:47  
Anyone can give me tips on how to fight High-Tier Battlefied Omega/Ultima?

Keeping in mind, would be doing it solo.

Do I use a DD(MNK,SAM)? SMN?
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2016-03-28 07:02:31  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
So I notice the Adventuring Fellow vorseal requirement got updated on bgwiki from Mirror, mirror to Mirror Images, so I have a bit more work to do.

That said, I am reading that increasing bond level only goes up by chatting at a rendezvous point and each time you use a signal pearl/tactical pearl.

Since the Mirror Images quest is capped at 50, is there any reason to level my fellow beyond 50? I mainly ask because I don't care to. Also are there other ways to increase bond?

The Fellow sidequests (Promyvions, Level Breaks) are supposed to increase bond too. I personally just used the pearl and chatted every day for like a month.

Also for anyone curious, the final fight is easy enough that you can win with a level 30 Fellow, in case you don't want to bother leveling.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2016-03-28 07:58:58  
Bismarck.Dubai said: »

The basic setup I use is DD/NIN and two tank trusts, because of problematic Omega enmity (Pile Pitch and the inability to generate much hate when Omega's attacking you due to enstun) and Equalizer. You could switch to one tank trust and just tank Omega yourself post-PP, but enstun is annoying.
 Asura.Isiolia
サーバ: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2016-03-28 08:28:45  
Bismarck.Dubai said: »

Most of the challenge in that fight stems from additional effects or enfeebling from TP moves. You can make it a lot easier if you can bring a GEO for Vex/Attune, but anything you can do to boost resistance helps.

I'd say the primary stage of the fight to be wary of is Omega at/under 50% HP. In general, Omega counters. At 50% and under, he'll start using Pile Pitch, which drops you to 5% HP. It also resets hate (or effectively does due to the massive damage), so he should shift to someone else. However, if you happen to get countered at that point, there's a good chance you'll basically get insta-KO'ed.
Shadows will absorb counters, DT gear is effective against Pile Pitch. You can also, I think, try to stay behind him to force Rear Lasers, but that does petrify. Personally, I just tend to ride DT gear and time WS/etc for after he uses a TP move. It's slower, but fairly safe.

Job-wise though, while I've done the BC scores of times, I've pretty much always used BLU/RUN + GEO/WHM. So I'm not sure what would work best from what you have.
 Bismarck.Dubai
By Bismarck.Dubai 2016-03-28 12:45:06  
Thanks for the advice you guys, that really helps.

If the main setup is DD/nin , then that would be SAM or MNK, but I guess I'll have to test it out.
 Sylph.Aeo
user: Aeolus
By Sylph.Aeo 2016-03-28 13:00:33  
Ragnarok.Flippant said: »
It's a bug with Gearswap. During pretarget, it's cancelling out because it cannot find the item in inventory (seems as if it's capturing your inventory each time you zone, counting each stack of items as one item, and subtracting from that count, which is why the number varies).

Edit: Er, I just checked in more detail. It's not Gearswap, it's the Windower API. It's not checking your inventory properly.

Nice! Thanks for the info. Should I submit anything to windowed or is it known and I just have to sit quietly while the smart people fix it? It's just SOOOOOO inconvenient to use them all myself. #firstworldproblems

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Znitch
サーバ: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2016-04-01 14:46:11  
Maybe a dumb question...

I'm trying to make a macro to use Silt Pouches and it doesn't seem to want to work.

/item "Silt Pouch" <me> doesn't do anything, nor does typing it into the chat field. Am I doing something wrong, or do I have an addon or something else thwarting me? Other item macros like /item "Z. Ygg. Shard IV" <me> seem to work fine.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-04-01 15:46:50  
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Value of magic evasion on gear vs something like the Flawless Ribbon?

Say I am trying to avoid being slept. Is magic evasion +60 or something on a head better than using the "increases resistance" and +30 dark on the ribbon?
Think it depends on the status. Most statuses would be probably better with the MEva +60, but something like Terror, which seems to ignore MEva, would be safer with the ribbon.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-04-01 16:49:21  
are there any sure repetitive ways of getting Copper A.M.A.N. vouchers other then the first completion of the limited time objective?

edit: do malifacus mobs in alluvion skirmish still agro bst pets?
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2016-04-01 20:54:55  
I was wondering what do you guys think is better tin hand to hand or unity hand to hand

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/20536/tinhaspa

or

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Emeici

just to cover base i am putting +1 as well

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Emeici_%2B1

I just want to know what you all think i got the unity hands for my monk but i thought i would ask.
 Fenrir.Divinian
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2016-04-01 21:17:05  
Odin.Godofgods said: »
are there any sure repetitive ways of getting Copper A.M.A.N. vouchers other then the first completion of the limited time objective?

You can trade gear that you don't want (or acquire specifically for this purpose) to an NPC next to the unity NPC (at least it is next to the unity NPC in Sandy). This will give you points toward copper vouchers. I haven't traded in a while, but basically everything I traded was worth 600 points and each voucher is 1000 points. The npc won't take everything, but it seems it will take a lot of ilvl gear.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2016-04-01 21:51:16  
Shiva.Znitch said: »
Maybe a dumb question...

I'm trying to make a macro to use Silt Pouches and it doesn't seem to want to work.

/item "Silt Pouch" <me> doesn't do anything, nor does typing it into the chat field. Am I doing something wrong, or do I have an addon or something else thwarting me? Other item macros like /item "Z. Ygg. Shard IV" <me> seem to work fine.
Check your spelling, you might have a silly typo. But your syntax is correct.

Odin.Godofgods said: »

All iLv gear can be turned into an AMAN reclaimer, so you can convert Bayld and sparks into copper vouchers... Not sure why you'd want to do that... But the option's there.
All gear is converted to 3/5 a copper.
And yes, the enemy mobs still aggro pets.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-02 02:01:54  
Not sure if it's been asked before, couldn't find it in a quick search. Does regen potency and/or duration gear work for the regeneration spell on BLU?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-02 02:03:32  
yes
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-02 02:05:16  
Cool, thanks.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-02 02:08:00  
Asura.Calatilla said: »
Not sure if it's been asked before, couldn't find it in a quick search. Does regen potency and/or duration gear work for the regeneration spell on BLU?

Yes
[+]
 Asura.Leoheika
user: Leoheart
By Asura.Leoheika 2016-04-02 20:47:18  
How much accuracy is required to cap in Sinister Reign?

Edit: Found it! Nevermind!
 Odin.Llewelyn
サーバ: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2016-04-04 00:08:30  
What are the highest reported values for Fast Cast and Enhancing Magic Duration on Grioavolr?
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-04-04 09:15:14  
Does a busted dancer's roll prevent people from being sleep'd?
By geigei 2016-04-04 09:45:33  
Asura.Xijaah said: »
Good question, gonna try.
 Asura.Xijaah
user: Xijaah
By Asura.Xijaah 2016-04-04 10:01:45  
geigei said: »
Thanks, im at work, cant do it myself
By geigei 2016-04-04 10:23:46  
geigei said: »
Thanks, im at work, cant do it myself

Wont lose health with busted dancer so cannot wake from sleep -.-
Is just regen- so you'll lose from gear/trait that amount.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-04-04 12:52:41  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Value of magic evasion on gear vs something like the Flawless Ribbon?

Say I am trying to avoid being slept. Is magic evasion +60 or something on a head better than using the "increases resistance" and +30 dark on the ribbon?
Think it depends on the status. Most statuses would be probably better with the MEva +60, but something like Terror, which seems to ignore MEva, would be safer with the ribbon.
In my experience, Terror's resist check seems to vary by mob/ws that inflicts it. By more than just the differences in a given pair of mob's Macc.

For example, Absolute terror from Wyrms appears to be pretty much impossible to resist via MEVA. Nauls in abyssea Tahrongi could land(always) it despite my stacking Meva(old test, so I could get a ton more meva+/macc- now, but still level ~90 mob vs 119 mage gear....)

But there are other Terror ind that you can prevent completely with Vex/Attunement. Qiqirn's Faze, Iron Giant's Seismic Impact, and I think Spectral Floe as well.

Faze resist screenshot
Seismic, note no terror icon
It's only an option for a limited number of jobs, but founder's greaves have a ridiculous +50 terror resist. I used them in conjunction with Sagasinger on Hidhaegg. It didn't make me immune to Terror, but it vary rarely landed.
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2016-04-04 13:03:19  
Which is quicker/cheaper or easier to build, Almace or Tizona? Debating which one to start on first. Almace is currently at 85 and I am Second Lieutenant Rank for Assault.
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-04-04 13:55:39  
Asura.Calatilla said: »
Which is quicker/cheaper or easier to build, Almace or Tizona? Debating which one to start on first. Almace is currently at 85 and I am Second Lieutenant Rank for Assault.

Judging by Bahamut prices (very similar in Asura), main expenses are;
Heavy Metal: 160k~ x1500 = 240m
Riftcinder: 2m~ x60 = 120m
Riftborn Boulder: 5k~ x10300 = 51.5m
411.5m

Alexandrite: 6k~ x30000 = 180m
Mulcibar Scoria: 2.5m x3 = 7.5m
Beitetsu: 12.5k~ x10300 = 128.75m
316.25m

I can't compare the opportunity cost of time spent for trials and other collectibles for either of them, so one may be much more expensive based on time spent compared to the other, but there is only 100m~ difference in gil cost.
First Page 2 3 ... 427 428 429 ... 858 859 860