Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 257 258 259 ... 859 860 861
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-03-02 09:10:17  
This will probably sound like a noob question but I`m curious.

While duo'ing a couple of AA fights on SMN with a BST friend I noticed that my avatar would pull hate off the pet with physical BP`s but never with magical BP's, even though the magical did a lot more damage. Are SMN magical BP`s hateless, where as Physical are not?
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-03-02 09:10:55  
So I'd need to have the 3 beastmen king titles? I guess I'll just take an extra 15 days doing it on main char then.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-03-02 11:17:08  
Carbuncle.Killkenny said: »
So I'd need to have the 3 beastmen king titles? I guess I'll just take an extra 15 days doing it on main char then.
3 Beastmen King, 4 Salvage boss, and Odin. Yes.
By Heimdel 2014-03-02 15:22:12  
If u macro in a - enemity set and then back out does it erase that amount of enemity or does it just go back up?
 Asura.Babydrulian
By Asura.Babydrulian 2014-03-02 15:30:35  
Hi does anyone know how I can multibox two clients of FFXI? I want to run my account and my brothers at the same time and have them follow the same commands. Is that possible?
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-02 15:38:11  
Asura.Babydrulian said: »
Hi does anyone know how I can multibox two clients of FFXI? I want to run my account and my brothers at the same time and have them follow the same commands. Is that possible?
While you can run two instances of FFXI at once, having them simultaneously receive the same input would require some kinda of app. Normally only the in focus instance will receive input. And in the case of controllers, the game going out of focus will make it stop receiving controller input.

Even though I dualbox, I'm not familiar with any apps that will do this. I just switch back and forth(look up switchmon, cause screw alt+tabbing.) And use the send addon to send commands from one character to the other.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-03-02 15:39:55  
Heimdel said: »
If u macro in a - enemity set and then back out does it erase that amount of enemity or does it just go back up?

There is two types of enmity for all actions. Cumulative and Volitile. Enmity + or - items increase or decrease the enmity generated to both by your actions at the time you do it. If you perform an action wearing +25 enmity, the enmity you gain is 1.25 it's base value. If you swap out of that gear, your Cumulative Enmity you have generated remains that same. Volitile Enmity decays at a steady rate, regardless of job or gear.

Hope that helps.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-02 15:40:39  
Heimdel said: »
Enmity- gear only modifiy actions taken while wearing it. It doesn't directly affect your current enmity value. So if you used flash, which would normally get you 180 CE, with -50 enmity(capped value) you'd only get 90 CE.

Also, in the last update, SE made it so that wearing enmity- gear while taking damage makes you lose more enmity. And wearing enmity+ makes you lose less.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-02 15:44:31  
Asura.Calatilla said: »
This will probably sound like a noob question but I`m curious.

While duo'ing a couple of AA fights on SMN with a BST friend I noticed that my avatar would pull hate off the pet with physical BP`s but never with magical BP's, even though the magical did a lot more damage. Are SMN magical BP`s hateless, where as Physical are not?
It's possible that magical bloodpacts have the same enmity mechanics as magical WS do.

Magical WS only get the enmity for the Base dmg they would have dealt, before Dstats and MAB. So they tend to yield far less enmity than you would have expected.

However, I don't know that this have been tested, so it's only a possible explanation for your experience. Not a confirmed fact.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-03-02 15:47:06  

To fully use your dbox, you must learn programming to create script, otherwise it will be always limitd what you can do.
Talking about me, a person too lazy to actually learn the programming, im doing what i can with send, that is an add on of windower. With command /console send xxx (action) you can have a so so control of 2 chars at same time, but hardly will do something moe complex like healing, buffing, etc.
But for stuffs like /console send xxx /follow yyy you can avoid alt tabing just to walk your dbox. I used also /console send xxx /ma "stone" so i could skill both chars at same time. Using /console send xxx /assist yyy then /attack, you can make him melee your current target, and so go on.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2014-03-02 15:50:31  
Lakshmi.Josiahfk said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Also, in the last update, SE made it so that wearing enmity- gear while taking damage makes you lose more enmity. And wearing enmity+ makes you lose less.
is it high enough of a value to warrent prioritizing it as a tank? I'm involuntarily thinking no but not sure

Thing is they said it would have an effect, but they didn't give a formula or anything. So we don't know HOW much it'll change CE loss by. Also, DMG taken/CE loss tests are a huge pain in the ***.

So far, I haven't seen the need to change any gear sets because of this. But it has been a bonus to my PDT sets on PLD. Most of my PDT gear has enmity+ on it already. Reverence+1, etc. I suppose it gives another option to gear towards after PDT is capped.
 Asura.Babydrulian
By Asura.Babydrulian 2014-03-02 16:08:01  
Pantafernando said: »

To fully use your dbox, you must learn programming to create script, otherwise it will be always limitd what you can do.
Talking about me, a person too lazy to actually learn the programming, im doing what i can with send, that is an add on of windower. With command /console send xxx (action) you can have a so so control of 2 chars at same time, but hardly will do something moe complex like healing, buffing, etc.
But for stuffs like /console send xxx /follow yyy you can avoid alt tabing just to walk your dbox. I used also /console send xxx /ma "stone" so i could skill both chars at same time. Using /console send xxx /assist yyy then /attack, you can make him melee your current target, and so go on.
What is the addon for windower called?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-03-02 17:05:49  
is it high enough of a value to warrent prioritizing it as a tank? I'm involuntarily thinking no but not sure

I don't think testing has been done yet.
By Pantafernando 2014-03-02 21:26:59  
Send
 Ragnarok.Exavion
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-03-03 01:40:43  
In the current state of the game are elemental obi's still worth obtaining or is there a better alternative?
By Pantafernando 2014-03-03 04:13:27  
Ragnarok.Exavion said: »
In the current state of the game are elemental obi's still worth obtaining or is there a better alternative?

Magic is a bit tricky to optimizate, but due to current options, i think so (personally, i didnt find anything that fantastic, and ended creating a earth obi for my mages, and planning for a ice obi soon - farming sea mobs is so boring...).

You can increase your magic dmg through 2 ways: stacking magic dmg/int(that mean, increasing the value of D) or stacking mab (that mean increasing the mab/mdb term). The option that will mazimize your dmg will be related to your current status. Considering the 3 options of waist availabe (correct me if im forgetting some):

1. Maniacus sash: mab +7

2. Sekhmet corset: magic dmg +15

3. Elementals obi: garanteed +10% if you cast an appropriated storm magic.

My current set have 142 mab in gear. So maniacus would represent a gain of (1+(142+7)/100)/(1+142/100)=3%. So maniacus would improve my dmg to 3%.

Also my current set has 250 magic dmg. Sekhmet corset would represent a max gain,rude calculation, of (250+15)/250=6%, but that dont consider the effect of base spell dmg and Int, so a term will be added to both factors, so that the real increase is below 6%. That will severely drop as high tier nukes is used, because they have a great base dmg, could be even lower than 1% the net increase if an aja or tier v is used. 6% is the top you an gain.

Obis garantee 10% dmg if you cast your adequate storm spell, 25% if you get double weather, and thats independent of the tier of magic. Its a factor multiplied to final dmg.

So considering the current options, suposing solo, /sch can result best usage of obis, or if in party, ask whm/sch to use accession+storm if you dont want to use /sch. If you dont bother with weather, you better using the mab waist for high toer nukes, or sekhmet corset for low tier.
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
user: Antz
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-03-03 04:28:24  
For the REM tales 1-5 to upgrade AF to 99 how hard are the SKC BCNMs? Have yet to try any at all up to now.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2014-03-03 04:41:26  
The burning circles are easy... Providing you set up correctly. You normally have a pld super tanking and you pick them off 1 by 1.

pld brd whm dd dd dd is perfectly fine up to normal difficulty if the dds are meh.
If the brd is a 4 song the same set up can do difficult providing your pld isn't stupid and can support them selves. You can swap out a dd for a cor if required as the harder you pick the more evasive the mobs get. Do some runs on normal to get a feel. Check peoples gear if they are rocking sparks gear I would probably not go above normal.
 Ragnarok.Exavion
user: Aladriel
By Ragnarok.Exavion 2014-03-03 05:29:50  
Thank you Panta! That actually cleared up a few questions for me. It seems our toils in sea will never end. I'm adding earth,ice, and thunder obi's to my list.

It seems I need to be looking into obtaining NukeHI and NukeLow gearsets. I noticed at least one other piece with magic dmg +.
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-03-03 05:35:49  
Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
The burning circles are easy... Providing you set up correctly. You normally have a pld super tanking and you pick them off 1 by 1.

pld brd whm dd dd dd is perfectly fine up to normal difficulty if the dds are meh.
If the brd is a 4 song the same set up can do difficult providing your pld isn't stupid and can support them selves. You can swap out a dd for a cor if required as the harder you pick the more evasive the mobs get. Do some runs on normal to get a feel. Check peoples gear if they are rocking sparks gear I would probably not go above normal.

Haha yeah sadly only in sparks gear myself since it's a new character! Thanks for the tips!
 Odin.Areyla
サーバ: Odin
user: areyla
By Odin.Areyla 2014-03-03 12:38:30  
I have a question regarding soloing Apademak for horns.

I've been doing colorless souls using a RUN/RDM. The problem I'm curious about is red proccing to build a popset for apademak in a timely manner. I was considering leveling a NIN w/ some AF reforge and proccing red, and then proceeding to solo apademak.

1.) Is soloing apademak with iLVL gear on NIN feasible now?
2.) If I don't have access to Shun/Hi what other option do I have?
3.) Would it be better to proceed safely and build a popset on NIN/WAR then swapping back to RUN?

Thanks!
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2014-03-03 13:04:45  
Was wondering how hard it is to solo KS99 "The Hills are alive" and "Early Bird Catches the Wyrm" nowadays, due to ilvl gear and the like.

Been looking for strats and the like, but nothing really recent seems to pop up, so any help is appreciated.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-03-03 15:33:06  

Post-update i've found it much easier to keep hate off other DDs on AA/DM with dancer geared to 'tank'.
Other DD eventually catch up on hate and it starts flipping sometimes to them, but I have a much longer head start and hate is now a bit more 'sticky'.
Before I could take 1 cdc/rampage/cloudsplitter hit past shadows and it would flip to someone else, but now an AA can stick on me after taking severe damage or double weaponskill spam.

I use +enmity stuff like horos+1 hands, dorado sushi+1, fulltime fandance stance, animus augeo and other enmity+ swapped in for volatile enmity building with violent flourish. So i'm running with about +45enmity at a minimum all the time.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox 2014-03-03 16:06:10  
Odin.Areyla said: »
I have a question regarding soloing Apademak for horns.

I've been doing colorless souls using a RUN/RDM. The problem I'm curious about is red proccing to build a popset for apademak in a timely manner. I was considering leveling a NIN w/ some AF reforge and proccing red, and then proceeding to solo apademak.

1.) Is soloing apademak with iLVL gear on NIN feasible now?
2.) If I don't have access to Shun/Hi what other option do I have?
3.) Would it be better to proceed safely and build a popset on NIN/WAR then swapping back to RUN?

Thanks!
1. I'd see why not.
2. Blade: Jin
3. probably
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-03-03 18:52:08  
Is there a .dat mod for maps that would make these maps replace the normal ingame maps?

Also, do both of these bodies remove the same ailments since both are Augments Reward III or are they still different like the original ones?

Phoenix.Demonjustin
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2014-03-03 21:21:32  
Anyone know about the bodies? D:

Trying to figure out what to upgrade first. ><;
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-03-03 21:43:46  
Those are some of the maps I currently use but I can't remember what the packs are called. This is probably your best bet though.
 Ragnarok.Mswildfire
By Ragnarok.Mswildfire 2014-03-04 07:24:56  
To finish the WoTG mission line do you need to do all the side quests to pass onto the next mission? Also do you need to spam campaign or something to get the medals to do them still or did they change all that?
By Spiraboo 2014-03-04 08:00:13  
Ragnarok.Mswildfire said: »
To finish the WoTG mission line do you need to do all the side quests to pass onto the next mission? Also do you need to spam campaign or something to get the medals to do them still or did they change all that?

No you don't need to do any campaign for WoTG (apart from getting rid of the campaign status in the city so the npcs will pop.... @_@)

As for quests, if you mean the red/blue/green highlighted quests in the following list, then yes.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Wings_of_the_Goddess_Missions
First Page 2 3 ... 257 258 259 ... 859 860 861