Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 220 221 222 ... 860 861 862
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-09-04 03:54:26  
Quote:
Mog Bonanza Kupon S
An item that can be exchanged for magical patterns with which you can improve your desired piece of Empyrean armor. The number provided will be equal to that needed for the piece you select.
More specifically...? Is this +1 or +2?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-04 03:56:38  
pretty sure it's +1, i got seals from one of those slips last bonanza
[+]
 Bismarck.Davorin
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-09-04 04:32:28  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Quote:
Mog Bonanza Kupon S
An item that can be exchanged for magical patterns with which you can improve your desired piece of Empyrean armor. The number provided will be equal to that needed for the piece you select.
More specifically...? Is this +1 or +2?

Yea, it's the seals.

Bonanza Kupon S

Kupon EA gives you the empyrean +2 gear outright.
By Pantafernando 2013-09-04 06:59:50  
Asura.Daemonarch said: »
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
Are there any Aby worms that'll cap magic skill at 99? I hit a plateau at 389 in Ule, hasn't budged for 30 minutes.
did you take off all of your level 100+ gear? that affects the way mobs check and therefore skill ups as well I do believe.

I think skill ups depend solely on the gap between the mobs level and the current skill level the player have, not the actual players level. The gear change the amount of exp given, but so far i didnt see a large penalty.
About the skill question, mobs in abyssea uleguerand start at a lower level, generally easy prey before adoulin. As you kill faster, they become decent challenge, but i guess you know that already. But magic is a pain to skill. The best tip is stacking all kind of bonus you can get and using a job with rank a in that skill.
I needed dark magic capped for sch, so i skilled it as blm. So i could reach sch cap in dangruf wadi with crabs lv 91.
Imo, to improve skill gain, first of all fight a mob at least 10 levels higher than your current skill level. My skill was based just in kupower martial master and liminus earring, but when i got in this range (so skill lv80) skill started to came rare and in 0.1 increments. In this point bew food is necessary to match mobs level with yours.
Instead worms in abyssea, i would recomend any mob in adoulin. They will always have a gap where bigger improvement appear.
Just dont know how good is the ionis bonus to skill, but liminus, kupower and food are great. This week will try doing some govs to get prowess skill gain, do a script and see if i can reach cap in enhancing skill.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Triet
サーバ: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2013-09-04 15:51:08  
Curious, is there a way to disable gamepad (temporarily) while logged into XI?
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-09-04 16:45:10  
Hades.Triet said: »

I don't know the answer, but very interesting question... Perhaps you have the same reason I do: FFXIV (if you're logged into both XI and XIV, controller will move both). Would be nice to be able to AFK in XI to monitor shouts/tells and occasionally check in, while playing XIV. Too risky though, I'm likely to end up in a different zone and dropped some valuable R/E item!

Anyone who does know a work-around, please do tell.
[+]
 Asura.Azeran
サーバ: Asura
user: Azeran
By Asura.Azeran 2013-09-04 18:37:39  
Downloaded seekers from the square site said i had 90 days had a computer crash and now i cant redownload it is there any where i can download it from again instead of paying the 23.99 that ive paid them already once

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2013-09-04 20:15:08  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Hades.Triet said: »

I don't know the answer, but very interesting question... Perhaps you have the same reason I do: FFXIV (if you're logged into both XI and XIV, controller will move both). Would be nice to be able to AFK in XI to monitor shouts/tells and occasionally check in, while playing XIV. Too risky though, I'm likely to end up in a different zone and dropped some valuable R/E item!

Anyone who does know a work-around, please do tell.
That is exactly why. xD

@Azeran; Could probably search for a torrent.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-09-04 20:31:29  
if you have a second ffxi acct, you can log in to both ffxi acct. that way the controller will only work the windlw that is selected
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2013-09-04 22:17:56  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
if you have a second ffxi acct, you can log in to both ffxi acct. that way the controller will only work the windlw that is selected
Blah! Don't have a 2nd account ;_; Thanks though!
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-09-05 12:33:31  
can you disable moving character with mouse ?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-05 12:42:40  
can unhook the mouse by enetring mouse_blockinput 1 in the windower console(or //mouse_blockinput 1) on w4, but that'll also disable ALL other features including clicking the window to focus it(and cause a temporary freeze if you focus it by clicking the title bar.. fixable by using alttab)
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2013-09-05 12:52:59  
I wonder if they can throw a command in windower4 to disable/enable gamepad?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-05 13:15:59  
don't think the team is very active any more, there are a lot of long standing bugs that aren't being fixed already
 Odin.Boleslaus
サーバ: Odin
user: boleslaus
By Odin.Boleslaus 2013-09-05 15:36:35  
ok this is a stupid question as i was finishing up my ochain the other day i was on nin with emp in main hand kiji in sub hand i noticed i didnt get parry skill but kiji in main hand i do does that mean that the skill only applies when equipped to main hand or is it hidden like weapon skill is? and if it is only effected by main hand what about the aug?

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-09-05 16:18:31  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
When dual wielding, the skill on weapons only affect attacks made by that specific hand.

So if you used kannagi in main hand and pamun in offhand, only the offhand attacks would have the insane acc+

I really think that they should have allowed it, just limited it to whichever hand had the higher numbers to avoid the double dip. It significantly limits the choices we have for the offhand and makes it substantially harder for jobs relying on DW to gear properly especially considering there is a significant lack of good weapons.

Bura is R/EX so you already have a stark disadvantage because your off hand can never be as good. But 2h jobs only need one weapon.
By Pantafernando 2013-09-05 17:50:00  
Odin.Boleslaus said: »
ok this is a stupid question as i was finishing up my ochain the other day i was on nin with emp in main hand kiji in sub hand i noticed i didnt get parry skill but kiji in main hand i do does that mean that the skill only applies when equipped to main hand or is it hidden like weapon skill is? and if it is only effected by main hand what about the aug?

Just tested now, seems like parry skill from adoulin weapons is just granted if main handed. Unlike weapon skill, parry skill show in menu combat skill.
Stats are given being in offhand or mainhand.
If you just got parry with kiji in main, most likely the high boost in parry skill allowed you to parry more, so get more skills in that, thats what i think.
 Sylph.Kawar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-09-05 18:20:48  
Me and some ls friends were doing DM runs last night and I kept getting told after i drop my earring i need light ore again I kept feeling like this was wrong was I right or my ls friend.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-05 18:57:41  
Pantafernando said: »
Odin.Boleslaus said: »

Just tested now, seems like parry skill from adoulin weapons is just granted if main handed. Unlike weapon skill, parry skill show in menu combat skill.
Stats are given being in offhand or mainhand.
If you just got parry with kiji in main, most likely the high boost in parry skill allowed you to parry more, so get more skills in that, thats what i think.

Since the skill update, I was under the impression that you could gain parry skill even when you didn't successfully parry an attack, it is now calculated the same way as evasion skill. But I have no idea as far as the SoA weapons and dualweilding.
By Pantafernando 2013-09-05 19:11:24  
Yeah, you can get skills even without parrying.
Just supposed that having more (artificial) parry skill could improve parrying skill up, to maybe fit the situation told, of not getting skills ups with adoulin weapon in offhand. But not sure.
By Pantafernando 2013-09-06 07:44:15  
Hi.
Im planning to start apajamas trial soon.
Not many hints are given in bg and wikia about the kill with stats ailment stage so whats that? Like casting shock then killing before status wear off?
What are the possible magics to use?
I was thinking in mass killing with aja in abyssea, but it seems that the only lighting based magic that can be used with manifestation is stun, but i dont think this status will last till i finish casting a aja right? There is another way or will i need to kill one by one?
Thanks.
By Spiraboo 2013-09-06 08:07:59  
Pantafernando said: »
Hi.
Im planning to start apajamas trial soon.
Not many hints are given in bg and wikia about the kill with stats ailment stage so whats that? Like casting shock then killing before status wear off?
What are the possible magics to use?
I was thinking in mass killing with aja in abyssea, but it seems that the only lighting based magic that can be used with manifestation is stun, but i dont think this status will last till i finish casting a aja right? There is another way or will i need to kill one by one?
Thanks.

Yes you'll most likely have to kill it one by one. Shock is the only magic debuff (not sure if Threnody counts, if it does then that'll be another alternative). Luckily the first one is just worms (assuming you're doing apa II) so you can go into worm party and just shock everything in sight and let the DDs finish them off. If your server has people interested in alternative to worm pt, you can do the colibri one (maybe even the lizard one!) in aby-miseraux exp pt.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-06 08:22:26  
absorb-mnd works on sch/drk, though you'll probably want someone to help aoe since sch doesn't get much

you can also use ennervation on blu, but blu can't equip the staff
By Pantafernando 2013-09-06 08:32:27  
Thanks for answer.
Guess i just need to stop being lazy and do hard work...
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-09-06 08:39:25  
sorry if that was unclear, enervation is naturally aoe and manifestation stacks with absorb-mnd, which will fulfill trial condition due to mnd down being thunder based(despite spell being dark based)
First Page 2 3 ... 220 221 222 ... 860 861 862