Guildwork Windower Plugin (Beta)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » Guildwork Windower Plugin (Beta)
Guildwork Windower Plugin (Beta)
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-03 15:02:33  
Since I installed the GW plugin I'm getting this weird problem where if I hit f to bring up my chatlog, it wipes my entire chatlog in game.

I don't know if it's related, or not, but GW is the only new plugin I have installed.
By Quiznor 2012-03-03 15:10:41  
Cerberus.Stanislav said: »
Carbuncle.Tace said: »
I thought my window had crashed was dicken round in sky getting abj and seals for taters/scraps when everything just froze for like 20 secs then windower blinked a few times then returned to normal GW plugin gave this message. "Guildwork encountered a fatal error and must be terminated. Error: access violation in OutgoingChunk method." just like that and i checked the log file and all it says is attaching to tace (Carbuncle).

Will report this to Aureus

Quiznor said: »
Everytime I boot up,once POL turns into the actual FFXI screen,where I have to accept the EULA,I get a pop up error saying "Cannot detect your language for the EU POL client.Please log out to POL and change language settings from there.Defaulting to english.

Which is weird.Because I play with an english copy of FFXI and the EU POL client.

I'll get exact wording from the error next time I log in

Seems completely unrelated to GW plugin and more a problem with Windower or FFXI install.

Has never happened once ever until I installed the plugin.Nothing else on my computer has changed in any way.Then it happens everytime.It just popped up again mid game and I wasnt able to get back into playing because the error wouldnt go away,could not switch windows,etc so I had to kill the process.I just deleted the GW .dll and now I'm not getting this error anymore.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Stanislav
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-03 15:14:31  
I will report this to Aureus.

As far as installing the plugin. All you did was put 'load Guildwork' to your init.txt?

Did you put it at the very bottom?
By Quiznor 2012-03-03 15:22:21  
Yes,I put it into .init only.

Was on a new line all by itself under my other loading plugins.

Deleted client folder and everything related to it before I even downloaded the .dll

Also,the plugin actually worked fine.First time I booted up with it (got the error,continued on),it asked me to log in,I did and it worked just fine the entire time for hours.While the error has popped up during every login,it only popped up once during gameplay once. (see above post) error after 20 mins or so.
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-03-03 15:24:56  
I would appreciate not getting spammed every minute about upgrading to the plug-in. I'm going to, but I have a LS event to do first.
[+]
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-03 16:00:55  
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
I would appreciate not getting spammed every minute about upgrading to the plug-in. I'm going to, but I have a LS event to do first.

//gw exit
 Siren.Kunimatsu
サーバ: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2012-03-03 16:01:59  
Everytime I boot up,once POL turns into the actual FFXI screen,where I have to accept the EULA,I get a pop up error saying "Cannot detect your language for the EU POL client.Please log out to POL and change language settings from there.Defaulting to english.

Which is weird.Because I play with an english copy of FFXI and the EU POL client.

Boot up POL without windower, very first login screen go to language settings, change to French or German, then change back to English and close it, the error is to do with the EU version having several languages but that fixes it.
By Quiznor 2012-03-03 16:04:36  
Siren.Kunimatsu said: »

Boot up POL without windower, very first login screen go to language settings, change to French or German, then change back to English and close it, the error is to do with the EU version having several languages but that fixes it.

Will try that after event and post how it goes
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-03 16:23:26  
Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk said: »
I can't remember my original pw for linkshell community website. Is it possible to verify my account through this plugin?

Your LS community password is the same as your POL password.
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-03-03 16:34:32  
Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk said: »
Is it possible to verify my account through this plugin?
No.
 Asura.Kaisuko
サーバ: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-03-03 16:54:31  
Can't even log in with the plugin enabled now, it like infinitely "updates" or w/e and crashes me. lol
 Shiva.Muffins
サーバ: Shiva
user: Exael
By Shiva.Muffins 2012-03-03 16:57:47  
Mine is Currently not allowing me to play with the plug in loaded either. Had a random crash. Logged back in. As soon as it got the the EULA and tried to load the plugin it just continued to load infinitely over and over. I had no issues till about 10 min ago, and now every time I log in with it enabled it just crashes my game.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-03 16:59:23  
Disable it till I reply here again talking to Aureus to make a patch for this. His last compile killed it for some people.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-03 17:06:11  
Re-download the plugin please if it is crashing for you.
 Bismarck.Shaidolas
user: lephino
By Bismarck.Shaidolas 2012-03-03 17:40:16  
I am having an issue where the plugin is trying to parse my xmls and failing, is there a way to shut off the parsing of xmls?
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-03 17:47:11  
Bismarck.Shaidolas said: »
I am having an issue where the plugin is trying to parse my xmls and failing, is there a way to shut off the parsing of xmls?

The XML parsing is failing because the XML has errors, the spellcast XML parser is just forgiving but the Guildwork one is not.

If you rather not deal with those errors and don't care about GW uploading the XMLs then just remove the Guildwork tag.
 Quetzalcoatl.Artichaos
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: styleszuk
By Quetzalcoatl.Artichaos 2012-03-03 18:02:36  
This is just a suggestion, I don't want to be the "one in the crowd" etc, as regardless of what happens I'm doing to download the .dll, but I enjoyed using the Client as it was something on my toolbar at the bottom to turn on and off when i pleased to update gear, achievement etc.
I read your post on Guildwork, that your tossing the client come end of weekend, but I'm saying for those like me and a few friends I know which use GW, would it be best to keep the client running for those who like to use it. And let the .dll windower for those who wish to use that too.
I know its not hassle for me and others to change over, and if means I will happily do so, as I enjoy GW and its uses. Just my suggestion :)
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-03 18:07:05  
What do you gain by running the client separately?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-03 18:11:19  
Quetzalcoatl.Artichaos said: »
This is just a suggestion, I don't want to be the "one in the crowd" etc, as regardless of what happens I'm doing to download the .dll, but I enjoyed using the Client as it was something on my toolbar at the bottom to turn on and off when i pleased to update gear, achievement etc.
I read your post on Guildwork, that your tossing the client come end of weekend, but I'm saying for those like me and a few friends I know which use GW, would it be best to keep the client running for those who like to use it. And let the .dll windower for those who wish to use that too.
I know its not hassle for me and others to change over, and if means I will happily do so, as I enjoy GW and its uses. Just my suggestion :)
//unload guildwork

problem solved
 Quetzalcoatl.Artichaos
user: styleszuk
By Quetzalcoatl.Artichaos 2012-03-03 18:20:46  
Cerberus.Stanislav said: »
What do you gain by running the client separately?
Nothing really, I just enjoyed doing it that way, Like i said I have no problems with the windower file itself and by mean i will use it happily, this was my suggestion, not the hassle or gain just the fact I was use to it, change is always good I suppose, but i can see myself going to click my client out of force habit xD why I made the suggestion for people who like accessing though that way. I have nothing what so ever against the new method just going to take some getting use to ^^
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-03 18:30:11  
It would be too much of a hassle to manage 2 code bases when the majority prefer the plugin.

That said there should be nothing to get used to just add it to the init and it will always be loaded while your playing.
[+]
 Bismarck.Shaidolas
user: lephino
By Bismarck.Shaidolas 2012-03-03 18:30:26  
It's failing because it says I don't have a job listed in an includes, and I don't use includes as job specific items.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-03 18:35:12  
The GW spellcast uploading currently does not support includes, will look into adding it. That said at the moment spellcast files require a job to be uploaded to GW.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-04 01:37:37  
Just created a nice page to help people understand what the plugin can do.

http://guildwork.net/windower
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2012-03-04 01:39:54  
bootstrap is a wonderful thing.
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-03-11 00:58:11  
Im getting an error saying failed to load plugin (193) Uknown Error.
 Lakshmi.Nomercy
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: djkenna
By Lakshmi.Nomercy 2012-03-11 01:10:08  
awesome plugin thanks