Guildwork Windower Plugin (Beta)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » Guildwork Windower Plugin (Beta)
Guildwork Windower Plugin (Beta)
 Carbuncle.Crollion
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Crolion
By Carbuncle.Crollion 2012-03-01 17:08:39  
works like a charm for me says logging in.... then welcome! crolion

just figuring out the combo was the hard part but works nifty now that i dont have to run a backround prgram is sweet thanks for this attachment dude.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Stanislav
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-01 17:18:26  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
A proper error message for non-premium users might be easier on the eye and avoid causing confusion.

It does have a proper error message for non-premium. At least the Client did and if its not showing up it is a bug.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2012-03-01 17:35:31  
<_< Can FFXIAH mods get hooked up with premium for free? :D

I'm totally kidding~ This is awesome, though.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-01 21:24:44  
All the known issues should be fixed.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-02 15:03:20  
Just a question, but does the GW chat from the main website that is transferred in-game show up in logs? If a GM was to look would they be able to see chat transferred from GW or sales or anything that gets sent to the game chat log?
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-02 15:34:39  
It is all client side manipulation, GMs do not have access. This is no different then GW Client which has been in use for over a year by thousands and no one has ever gotten in trouble.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-02 15:38:46  
Okay thanks
 Fenrir.Riken
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Riken
By Fenrir.Riken 2012-03-02 22:29:11  
When I do /gw flush, it says flushing, followed by, your character is not done updating. Then it logs me out and back in every 30 mins for about 2 hours then stops. It never actually flush's my gw though.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2012-03-02 22:34:08  
I just tried flushing and it works fine for me.
 Fenrir.Riken
By Fenrir.Riken 2012-03-02 23:34:03  
Just tried again and it worked up to what I got as of yesterday.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-02 23:38:50  
Fenrir.Riken said: »
When I do /gw flush, it says flushing, followed by, your character is not done updating. Then it logs me out and back in every 30 mins for about 2 hours then stops. It never actually flush's my gw though.

What do you mean it logs you in and out?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Hyshio
user: Hyshio
By Ragnarok.Hyshio 2012-03-02 23:59:45  
Josiahkf said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Just a question, but does the GW chat from the main website that is transferred in-game show up in logs? If a GM was to look would they be able to see chat transferred from GW or sales or anything that gets sent to the game chat log?
I try to think of it as guildwork looking at your computer screen with your permission. So yeah there would be no way for a GM to say "whose looking at your monitor!?"

Then take it as you see fit. No one is forcing you to use this. We at windower endorsed the idea and gave assistance to Stan here. We wouldnt have something released that could be dangerous to you the player. Its the way we have always done plugins.
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2012-03-03 00:12:38  
Ragnarok.Hyshio said: »
Josiahkf said: »
Leviathan.Draylo said: »
I try to think of it as guildwork looking at your computer screen with your permission. So yeah there would be no way for a GM to say "whose looking at your monitor!?"

Then take it as you see fit. No one is forcing you to use this. We at windower endorsed the idea and gave assistance to Stan here. We wouldnt have something released that could be dangerous to you the player. Its the way we have always done plugins.

Im confused, are you responding to Draylo or Josiahkf since Jos basically agreed it wont get you in trouble?
 Fenrir.Riken
By Fenrir.Riken 2012-03-03 00:48:36  
Cerberus.Stanislav said: »

It logs me out and back into gw
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-03 00:48:37  
A legitimate question, as it looks like it's part of the log and a friend and I were just wondering since we were talking about something via GW chat regarding windower and she had her GW client on. Not trying to cause a debate, just wanted a simple answer.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-03 00:50:07  

It logs me out and back into gw

That statement I understood but what I don't understand is how you are visually seeing that?

Does it constantly say Welcome or what?

Have you restarted FFXI between these tries?
 Fenrir.Riken
By Fenrir.Riken 2012-03-03 00:51:31  
Yes. Every 30 minutes or so I get the welcome message.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-03 00:53:34  
Yes. Every 30 minutes or so I get the welcome message.

Did the GW client work for you?
 Fenrir.Riken
By Fenrir.Riken 2012-03-03 00:58:35  
I never got it to work properly. It basically lagged my computer to the point.that the game was unplayable.
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-03 01:23:47  
Client and plugin use nearly no resources but based on what your describing your behind some kind of proxy or firewall which causes the client to constantly try to connect but never being allowed to fully do it.
 Fenrir.Riken
By Fenrir.Riken 2012-03-03 01:38:39  
Im not using a proxy server and I'm almost positive my firewall is off but I will have to look into it. Thanks
 Cerberus.Punky
user: Cerbpunky
By Cerberus.Punky 2012-03-03 02:34:42  
Can we have some method of dealing with publishing include.xml in the spellcast section. What I'd done to help people is make a snapshot of my include.xml and added the guildwork header to help people but now I get this message in game now (using new beta client)

junk after document element: line 8, column 0 in Include 24-02-2012.xml

junk after document element: line 10, column 0 in Include-Punky - 23-02-2012.xml

I guess I can remove the offending files but obviously if people want to borrow my spellcast files then they need the appropriate include.xmls. Could this spellcast error reading be disabled or set to check only once when you log in?
 Phoenix.Salmijr
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2012-03-03 02:35:03  
Shouts or yells dont seem to be being picked up by gw atm. ah isnt updating (for phoenix at least)
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-03 02:58:22  
I had the plugin loaded while I was dualboxing and I've crashed 2 times in the 4 hours that I had it loaded and not once in the past 6 weeks :\ theres nothing in the gw/log file just

[I 120303 00:54:24 ffxi:355] Attaching to Atrocious (Asura)

and then it crashed mid sarameya fight while I was alt tabbing

by "it" I mean the ffxi window crashed, not the plugin
 Quetzalcoatl.Stik
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: hectordc5
By Quetzalcoatl.Stik 2012-03-03 03:24:52  
hmmm log in and nothing happens reloaded and nothing
 Carbuncle.Tace
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: tace
By Carbuncle.Tace 2012-03-03 03:58:38  
I thought my window had crashed was dicken round in sky getting abj and seals for taters/scraps when everything just froze for like 20 secs then windower blinked a few times then returned to normal GW plugin gave this message. "Guildwork encountered a fatal error and must be terminated. Error: access violation in OutgoingChunk method." just like that and i checked the log file and all it says is attaching to tace (Carbuncle).
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-03 05:04:49  
Client and plugin use nearly no resources but based on what your describing your behind some kind of proxy or firewall which causes the client to constantly try to connect but never being allowed to fully do it.

I still had the problem with client that if I exited the game or my computer went to sleep, and I restarted the game without exiting and restarted GW client it would start using up 50% of my processor up until the switch to the plugin, but obviously the plugin doesn't have this problem.
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-03-03 14:36:03  
Everytime I boot up,once POL turns into the actual FFXI screen,where I have to accept the EULA,I get a pop up error saying "Cannot detect your language for the EU POL client.Please log out to POL and change language settings from there.Defaulting to english.

Which is weird.Because I play with an english copy of FFXI and the EU POL client.

I'll get exact wording from the error next time I log in
 Cerberus.Stanislav
VIP
By Cerberus.Stanislav 2012-03-03 14:50:14  
Carbuncle.Tace said: »
I thought my window had crashed was dicken round in sky getting abj and seals for taters/scraps when everything just froze for like 20 secs then windower blinked a few times then returned to normal GW plugin gave this message. "Guildwork encountered a fatal error and must be terminated. Error: access violation in OutgoingChunk method." just like that and i checked the log file and all it says is attaching to tace (Carbuncle).

Will report this to Aureus

Quiznor said: »
Everytime I boot up,once POL turns into the actual FFXI screen,where I have to accept the EULA,I get a pop up error saying "Cannot detect your language for the EU POL client.Please log out to POL and change language settings from there.Defaulting to english.

Which is weird.Because I play with an english copy of FFXI and the EU POL client.

I'll get exact wording from the error next time I log in

Seems completely unrelated to GW plugin and more a problem with Windower or FFXI install.