[Suggestion] A Few Ideas To Enhance This Site

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » [Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
[Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28
 Bismarck.Laurelli
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-04-06 09:56:27  
Then maybe limit it to only the topics in FFXI. The players who come here for strategies couldn't care less about what happens in the P&R threads. But we would like the FFXI threads to be relatively free of the constant stupidity.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-06 09:58:38  
That's why moderators exist. They're -supposed- to take care of that. Enhancing the site would be less mods like anna and krizz. and some (a single *** one?) mods that actually play/care.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-04-06 10:07:55  
So basically, if we do what I suggested idiots will ruin it, and if we don't I need to keep seeing people with negative IQ's spam 28k comments about earth crystals and cereal. I don't wanna live on this planet anymore.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-06 10:13:29  
No, it doesn't have to be that way.

You give power to some (mods)

Not all (dislike button)

Problem is having mods that /actually/ care. and only moderate threads that need moderation.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-06 10:13:50  
Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
we would like the FFXI threads to be relatively free of the constant stupidity.

we? do you have a mouse in your pocket?

secondly I enjoy the constant stupidity and yes, perhaps it's because I contribute to much of it, but why get rid of it when you can just skim over it?

I miss the minus button and I empathize with your plight...
But chances are very good to excellent that, if enacted, your plan would backfire immediately and trolls would squash all of your posts.

there's a huge wall of text around here somewhere about how it's much easier to change the mind of one person than everyone else.

stupidity and intelligence must both exist for either to continue. good and evil, hot and cold. salty and sweet. You can't only have one. You'll eventually stop tasting the sweet and crave something salty. without evil, good doesn't exist it just becomes nothingness.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-04-06 10:18:07  
Also, there is a Block button. I'm opposed to ever using it, myself, but I think it would achieve what you, Bismarck.Laurelli, are seeking. Right?
[+]
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-04-06 10:25:37  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

secondly I enjoy the constant stupidity and yes, perhaps it's because I contribute to much of it, but why get rid of it when you can just skim over it?

But chances are very good to excellent that, if enacted, your plan would backfire immediately and trolls would squash all of your posts.

there's a huge wall of text around here somewhere about how it's much easier to change the mind of one person than everyone else.

stupidity and intelligence must both exist for either to continue. good and evil, hot and cold. salty and sweet. You can't only have one. You'll eventually stop tasting the sweet and crave something salty. without evil, good doesn't exist it just becomes nothingness.
"We" includes me and other friends who play the game but don't post here. They do come to read though and it's annoying for all of us. But I get it. I just thought I'd try to get some respite for the normal people out there.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-06 10:32:53  
"We" includes me and other friends who play the game but don't post here. They do come to read though and it's annoying for all of us. But I get it. I just thought I'd try to get some respite for the normal people out there.

I know... it gets annoying sometimes... /comfort

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
there is a Block button

heck even I block people from time to time when I get tired of it.
that's a good suggestion cherry!
By aisukage 2018-04-06 10:37:36  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »

But what's normal? Normal is the perspective of oneself and anyone that differ's from them self is thought of as not normal. For example you definitely seem boring and not normal to me. Let people have their fun. I myself would like the serious toxicity to a minimum to prevent peoples feelings getting hurt but people joking about and having a good banter is what makes this community fun imo.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-04-06 10:46:12  
I'm not against funny. Sometimes people say things that are intelligently absurd. But then there's those who just spam crap and are the only ones laughing at their own jokes. It's pathetic. I usually don't like blocking people online because you can't block people IRL. It's a bad habit modern society is falling into. I don't want to become one of those who gets so used to blocking online that they break down as soon as someone disagrees with them in person. But I think I'm going to have to make an exception for one mouth breather who's comments are probably responsible for the murder of millions of our collective brain cells. Still, if any mods want to ban him, I think it would be for the best.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-06 11:10:21  
Still, if any mods want to ban him, I think it would be for the best.

don't be shy about reporting people either. most of the knuckleheads, myself included, just keep pushing the buttons until something pops.

and we do post mostly for our own amusement, you are absolutely right. I am one of those obnoxious people that laughs at their own jokes. Yes it's dumb and yes it's childish, but to us it's a game and truth be told we even enjoy getting banned. Well I do anyways...
[+]
By fonewear 2018-04-06 11:14:50  
I just want the trivia game to happen it would boost FFXIAH views but at least 3%.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-06 11:19:25  
you can't block people IRL

oh btw you can actually. for the most part. you can just avoid going to where stupid people are. I don't go to bars typically. It's hard to put up with drunk people until you're drunk enough that they don't bother you any more. so I just get drunk at home.

it's a lot easier to just not go to the bar than to try to make everyone in a bar behave a certain way. or get the bar shut down.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-04-06 11:30:08  
I think a minus button would be a good idea. Maybe if you get negative 9000 your avatar picture is slightly faded. Sounds like fun.
 Bismarck.Laurelli
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-04-06 11:40:21  
I don't go to bars. But like it or not, I have to go to Walmart once in a while.
 Asura.Darian
By Asura.Darian 2018-04-06 11:42:25  
Ban anyone with less than 10 REMA.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-06 12:10:39  
I don't go to bars. But like it or not, I have to go to Walmart once in a while.

go earlier in the morning.

seriously. I used to laugh at old people eating early bird dinner at like 4:00pm until I joined them both in old age and in eating early.

the restaurants are so much less crowded. And even the food tastes way better then. it's not all rushed and sloppy because the restaurant isn't jam packed full with ***.
 Asura.Murisia
user: Murisia
By Asura.Murisia 2018-04-09 09:00:56  
Here's a suggestion: Have a way to downvote comments. Then, have a setting so that if someone gets more than 50 or 100 total downvotes on all their comments combined, they get automatically topic banned.
This way, it will be almost impossible for someone who makes only a few comments to get banned. But if people are having a discussion, and trolls come out and start spamming comments about cinnamon toast crunch, earth crystals, or screenshots of the Simpsons, the other people discussing will have the power to kick them from the thread since the trolls usually tend to post something stupid every second comment on the thread. after about 10 stupid comments, they will be locked out. This way, discussions that go for 10 pages will be reduced to 4 and everyone will get more out of them.

Sadly. As much as I like the Idea I am against it. I have to agree with Eiryl, trolls will seeks to "down vote" as many comments as they can just to get people topic banned. I won't lie there are a few people i'd probably do it to on purpose, or at least consider the idea.

As stated the Mods job is to watch the threads, I have nothing against any Mod or really know any of them (not even sure how many there are) but it does seem like there isn't much moderation at times, no offense to the mod's.

I have to agree with Nik as well, a lot of them are here to let off steam and crack their own jokes for their own benefit. I make many jokes, both on game and irl, not everyone likes them not every "gets" them, but i find them funny and they give me a moment of fun. Sometimes we need that fun in all the seriousness, because lets face it, when people are having "discussions" things can get serious lol.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [811 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By volkom 2020-06-28 15:32:27  
P&R daily post limits

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-06-28 16:29:11  
Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
volkom said: »
P&R daily post limits
Thread limit per week.

If I write another line of code that has anything to do with the P+R section, it's going to be its removal.

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Can we get bigger profile pics? Or a smartphone friendly page?

I'm unlikely to change anything with the default layout, just because it's so old and people are attached to it. Mobile-specific might be something to look into, but I've got bigger projects ahead of it in line. Sorry.
[+]
 Cerberus.Genoside
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Genoside 2020-06-28 16:51:01  
Dark mode?
 Cerberus.Genoside
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Genoside 2020-06-28 16:58:18  
Bring Job guides to front page. It will bring in more views. Imo
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-06-28 17:19:26  
Cerberus.Genoside said: »
Bring Job guides to front page. It will bring in more views. Imo

Not opposed, though the mechanics of it are slightly more complex. Job guides are just threads; maybe a "featured threads" box that could do more than just job guides?

Cerberus.Genoside said: »
Dark mode?

I'm with ya, but...
Code
[durandal:~/src/ffxiah]$ grep -ri background-color * | wc -l

Not gonna lie, that doesn't fill me with joy. It's on the list of things to do though.
[+]
By zixxer 2020-06-28 22:31:11  
Turn this whole site into a phone app style interface. I have zero experience in this stuff, would that be difficult to do?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-06-28 22:38:07  
Add ambuscade rewards as a currencies page.

Remove rare/ex from plasm page, and fix up rate. Everything is listed as dead slow on that page, but individual item page shows proper rate.
[+]
By Draylo 2020-06-28 22:42:57  
The icons are fixed! Nice one.
[+]
By Gambits 2020-06-28 22:54:08  
Search by augments
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-02 15:11:59  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Add ambuscade rewards as a currencies page.

Remove rare/ex from plasm page, and fix up rate. Everything is listed as dead slow on that page, but individual item page shows proper rate.

I took a stab at ambuscade rewards at one point, but they seemed to shift a lot. Are they stable? Is there a definitive list?

Gambits said: »
Search by augments

Augments aren't part of the base object, so there's no data for me to search. Did you mean something else?
First Page 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28