[Suggestion] A Few Ideas To Enhance This Site

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » [Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
[Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 26 27 28
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-09-29 09:33:17  
I'm talking

<mainpage> Latest forum topics (viewmore) = no P&R

it works if I go

<mainpage> forum button > P&R

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2016-09-29 09:35:16  
ooop, I'm an idiot, they added a button that makes it so you can hide if you want. all is apparently well.

edit* thanks Josiah
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-11-18 00:57:25  
Is there a chance we could get some kind of search feature that finds similar item icons? I have to admit that the only likely purpose for this would be to make searching for lockstyle gear simpler, so I can't argue that it's anything crucial, but it would be cool if it's not much work.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [55 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2017-01-11 13:43:37  
Thinkin' changing the Legion section to Ambuscade/Legion or just giving Ambuscade it's own section might not be a bad idea, especially as people begin to branch out of using a single thread for all Ambuscade findings and strategies.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2017-01-11 14:37:03  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Is there a chance we could get some kind of search feature that finds similar item icons? I have to admit that the only likely purpose for this would be to make searching for lockstyle gear simpler, so I can't argue that it's anything crucial, but it would be cool if it's not much work.

A semi-reliable way to do this would to be to view thumbnails of a desired item on bgwiki. for instance, here is the ayanmo corazza thumbnail link: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/File:Ayanmo_Corazza_icon.png

it lists items with duplicate thumbnails:

Quote:
The following 3 files are duplicates of this file (more details):

File:Enif Corazza icon.png
File:Homam Corazza icon.png
File:Murzim Corazza icon.png

This wont work for +1 because whitebox.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2017-01-11 14:45:14  
should give us cupcakes too
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-01-11 14:46:10  
Personally I prefer muffins.
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Misao 2017-01-11 14:46:56  
even better
 Leviathan.Loona
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Loona
By Leviathan.Loona 2017-01-13 09:16:35  
The equipment search forum is pretty handy for some specifics, but there's a little oddity - it's possible to select certain skill types in a drop-down menu, like <weapon type> skill or <magic type> skill, and event the bard-specific ones, but there's no Blue Magic, Geomancy or Handbell skill in that menu - any plans to add those, or is the terminology to inconsistent to be able to add them properly?
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-01-13 09:37:39  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
Problem here, unfortunately, is that the icon database seems to apply a new copy to each item. For example; Judge's Helm and Darksteel Armet. While they look different, they use the same icon.

Judge's Helm

Darksteel Armet
 Asura.Ivlilla
サーバ: Asura
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2017-01-25 03:58:03  
Entirely silly and appendix-like, but it'd be nice if there was some no-bump option for replying in threads so that they don't constantly get brought up to the 'Latest Forum Topics' every time we want to make a witty one-liner about shout advertisements, or a snarky comment.

There are some things which just aren't worth bringing to anyone's attention except those who are already involved in the conversation.

I appreciate this is likely more work than it's worth.
By volkom 2017-02-05 13:46:35  
Not sure if it was suggested or not but can there be an indicator for when a message is read in the inbox?
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-02-05 14:13:32  
The official FFXIAH.com mascot! Need a hot manga-style girl to represent this website! And her kawaii chibi version for side menu too! Have a contest! Woooooo!
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-02-21 22:44:37  
As far as I can tell, power search with multiple jobs selected only filters for items that can be worn by any job selected. Is there currently a way to search for gear that can be worn by all jobs selected? If not, could we get one?
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-02-21 23:05:06  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
As far as I can tell, power search with multiple jobs selected only filters for items that can be worn by any job selected. Is there currently a way to search for gear that can be worn by all jobs selected? If not, could we get one?

Power search actually needs a pretty thorough overhaul. I'll stick this on the list of things to add to it.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
サーバ: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2017-02-22 01:02:31  
The feature I always wanted for search is the ability to sort by Item ID. Just a controved example... If I search for burtgang and sort by ilvl desc, the top 4 (in this order) are 119, 119 II, 119 III, Level 75 -1.

An "Adoulin Era" checkbox would be nice too (which would be a simple itemID > [last_pre_adoulin_item's id]. iLVL doesn't work with accessories, of course.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-02-22 06:35:38  
I agree with Omnys, plus the "ilvl" flag, while very useful, doesn't work 100% because some items are incorrectly listed as ilevel 255 in the database instead of 119.
 Sylph.Braden
By Sylph.Braden 2017-02-22 07:41:26  
Valefor.Omnys said: »
The feature I always wanted for search is the ability to sort by Item ID. Just a controved example... If I search for burtgang and sort by ilvl desc, the top 4 (in this order) are 119, 119 II, 119 III, Level 75 -1.

An "Adoulin Era" checkbox would be nice too (which would be a simple itemID > [last_pre_adoulin_item's id]. iLVL doesn't work with accessories, of course.

Item IDs aren't sorted in any particular order, so this won't work.

255 ilvl items should be easily fixed, those iLvl pieces are actually listed as 375 (119 + 256) in the dats. BGwiki already has them correct, although a min/max iLvl field might not be bad.
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-02-22 08:31:06  
Sylph.Braden said: »
Valefor.Omnys said: »

Item IDs aren't sorted in any particular order, so this won't work.

255 ilvl items should be easily fixed, those iLvl pieces are actually listed as 375 (119 + 256) in the dats. BGwiki already has them correct, although a min/max iLvl field might not be bad.

There's a post-import script that's supposed to fix that. I've just run it manually, so once the caches on items start expiring they should show correctly.
 Sylph.Lobbi
user: Lobby
By Sylph.Lobbi 2017-02-27 15:13:10  
Hey there,

I don't know if it was already reported, but the "browse" menu does not allow to browse and view all (the new) items available in AH. I think this feature is interesting, is there any plan to fix that ?

Thank you again!

~Lobbi
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-02-27 16:26:51  
-still sits patiently for the cupcakes and muffins-
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-02-27 17:09:17  
Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
-still sits patiently for the cupcakes and muffins-

necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [57 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Swordchucks
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Swordchucks 2017-04-25 14:51:57  
Shiva.Nikolce said: »
[cough][/cough]

Can you make this into the BBCode?
By Vijara 2017-04-25 15:25:31  
Would there be a way to reflect the guild points and their new max values? All max items are now 3x what they used to be. For example a GP item with a 6k max per day is now 18k max. It would make it easier with seeing how many items we need to craft/turn in.

I'm sure that could be an easy fix to implement?

Also, thanks for all the hard work you all do for the site. It's much appreciated!
[+]
By Aeyela 2017-04-29 16:43:16  
Can I just say thank you for adding a button allowing us to hide P&R. Not having those threads on the main page tempting me to click them has made browsing this site far less stressful. Who do I buy the pint for this one?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [227 days between previous and next post]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-12-12 19:20:55  
can we get an option to search for multiple stats on an item's description? like str and attack or r.acc and stp?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [78 days between previous and next post]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 23 24 25 ... 26 27 28