How Is Everyone Making Out With The ACP Runz?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » How is everyone making out with the ACP runz?
How is everyone making out with the ACP runz?
First Page 2
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-05-08 10:39:33  
Just a short say here, wanted to see how everyone has made out with their run up to the Steller Fulcrum to fight the good fight?

I made off with my Mirke and augmented with the +10 Acc +10 Evasion...

Not a bad piece of equipment, I'd say!
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-08 10:46:47  
I got Mirke with +10acc/att for ws thf. Very noticeable increase on ws especially dancing edge over dragon harness. Lovin it
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-08 10:49:14  
0/2. I want my Mirke with DW/ACC dammit!
First time was an unlucky Zerg with a bad stunner. Second time was done the the normal way with a HORRIBLE PLD/RDM who couldn't hold hate off the BRD with -enmity merits.
 Asura.Hatheron
サーバ: Asura
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-05-08 10:56:00  
I'm on the final fight, but I still haven't decided on what to get. I think I'm gonna hold out until I get my RNG to 75, since Mirke with Snapshot/RAtt sounds uber.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-08 10:58:00  
Excesspain said:
0/2. I want my Mirke with DW/ACC dammit!
First time was an unlucky Zerg with a bad stunner. Second time was done the the normal way with a HORRIBLE PLD/RDM who couldn't hold hate off the BRD with -enmity merits.

Yeah we did normal way but with a pld/drk... cant do much with all the draw in knock back so need more hate full spells + stun stuff though he got resisted near the end. Me as rdm/drk didnt get 1 stun resist even got a Screenshot somewhere where when stun was down I weaponbashed a waterga 3 lol. Got a little pwned after but meh. Then 1 smn 1 sam/rng and 2 rngs that couldn't for the life of them stay out of AOE range.
Oh and side note since the pld was super -magic dmg and MDB and not eating aga3s the lack of dmg helped until he got charmed lol.
 Hades.Jacinda
サーバ: Hades
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-08 10:59:19  
Went 1/1 on the final fight. Was pretty fun, considering our setup. No idea what I want to get as far as the body piece. It's just collecting dust at the moment.
 Hades.Lukaan
user: Lukaan
By Hades.Lukaan 2009-05-08 11:10:05  
I'm stuck on the last fight... and waiting for LS to get their jobs sorted.

I am a DRG but I am only there to deal with the seed thrall.

I want my Neuvo body with ACC+ and DW... I think... not sure yet
 Hades.Jacinda
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-08 11:14:33  
Lukaan said:

Are you doing a static with your LS? If not, I saw a lot of people at the Fulcrum just standing there with their flag up. Not exactly ideal, but it may get you into a party and help finish your mission faster.
 Hades.Lukaan
By Hades.Lukaan 2009-05-08 11:17:47  
Jacinda said:
Lukaan said:

Are you doing a static with your LS? If not, I saw a lot of people at the Fulcrum just standing there with their flag up. Not exactly ideal, but it may get you into a party and help finish your mission faster.

As a DRG, nothing get's done easily... we get put into the LOL catagory... just like DRK get's put into EMO catagory... although DRK can be useful... I'm working on WHM atm
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-08 11:25:04  
Lukaan said:
As a DRG, nothing get's done easily... we get put into the LOL catagory... just like DRK get's put into EMO catagory... although DRK can be useful... I'm working on WHM atm

lolWHM (j/k) ^^ I feel ya on the LOL categories thing, it's a damn shame...

(although, the emo DRK thing is pretty pervasive LOL)
 Hades.Lukaan
By Hades.Lukaan 2009-05-08 11:28:39  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Lukaan said:

lolWHM (j/k) ^^ I feel ya on the LOL categories thing, it's a damn shame...

(although, the emo DRK thing is pretty pervasive LOL)

I did floor 100 in Nyzul Isle last night... and the leader of the run went... "Why DRG/WHM?..." I just thought of the "-.-" expression in my mind... When it came to the final fight... it was against the Hydra... I was main healing as the RDM ran out of MP...

I just wish people realise how great DRG is... as you can be /SAM /WAR /THF /WHM /BLM /BLU /DNC and probably more... it's fantastic.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-08 11:29:15  
Lukaan said:

Just curious, what's Dual Wield going to do for a DRG?
 Odin.Dryzt
サーバ: Odin
user: Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-05-08 11:32:46  
I'm on the final fight but haven't tried it yet.
I have a feeling if I answer to one of the shouts in Whitegate Stewie Griffin will show up and say, "We couldn't run an ad that said 'No Thief' but ummm...no Thief..."
 Fenrir.Shindo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-05-08 11:40:27  
I went 1/4 on it. Got a Nuevo with acc/atk. Unlike Hauby I'll actually use it since it doesn't gimp my evasion. I main healed as SCH though. Stoneskin works wonders if someone other than the PLD pulls hate and the main group ends up eating an aoe.

Idk what's up with PLDs going /RDM, what's the story with that? /WAR works best for maintaining hate and make sure he's using Iron Ram gear with all that Mag Def +. Iron Ram Spear works great too.

It's a hard fight no matter how you look at it. I don't mind the difficulty once in a while, but 2 things for SE:

1) Don't make a fight where half the jobs are useless.

2) Never EVER pull that entry item bullcrap again. Climbing the tower once is fine. You're gonna piss off the players if you make them repeat it on every loss.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-08 11:43:26  
Shindo said:

Ya really...my soon to be 75 DNC and soon to be 75 THF friend is gonna have a lovely time with that ***, according to the LS members that have already done it >.<
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-05-08 11:54:13  
I'm got kinda lazy and am still on ACP3 haven't beaten even one of the Goblin NMs yet. I gotta figure out how to get to the NM anyway. All 3 seem kind of annoying to get to. But eh.. been getting alot of merits recently. And doing finals and essays. After today though should be easier to finish. I really want the Nuevo Coselete for my SAM, PLD, DRG, DRK :)
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-08 11:56:20  
I've done the CS in lower jeuno, no issues so far! Maybe I'd be more excited if any of the augments could beat refresh or 15 blue magic skill...
 Odin.Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-05-08 12:00:10  
Shindo said:

2) Never EVER pull that entry item bullcrap again. Climbing the tower once is fine. You're gonna piss off the players if you make them repeat it on every loss.

/nod
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-08 12:01:59  
Wardens said:
I'm got kinda lazy and am still on ACP3 haven't beaten even one of the Goblin NMs yet. I gotta figure out how to get to the NM anyway. All 3 seem kind of annoying to get to.

Farming the pop items was so freaking annoying, I know people have gone like 1/3 on that ***, but me and a friend spent like 8 hours total farming for the Rolanberry one, 2 or so farming for the Battalia one...thank Christ the Sauromugue one was quick, at least...
 Kujata.Hrolandus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Hrolandus
By Kujata.Hrolandus 2009-05-08 12:03:43  
My friends and I did a blitzkrieg through all the initial missions w/in the first week and were a long time on the fight trying different things. I tried tanking as pld/war and pld/nin. Going /war works the best for your tank. I'm confident that I shield blocked those little blasts it does and my sentinel and defender reduced that really damaging move that it does at 50%, so I'm thinking those blasts to be "physical." So don't go all crazy worried about mdef and don't do all the weird crap with other subjobs and such, they don't hold hate and are generally pointless, the standards worked fine. A single healer and some extra help from a mage will suffice to help the pld along w/o even getting in the red, and someone that can actually stun. Try the back corners either left or right, seems to do a lot less dmg to the whole pt. Oh, and since I'm all geeked out on pld I naturally got my Neuvo with fastcast and +enmity, which looks beautiful w/ a Koenig helmet (thanks Godslayers sky ls!!).
 Asura.Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-05-08 12:20:31  
Blazza said:
I've done the CS in lower jeuno, no issues so far! Maybe I'd be more excited if any of the augments could beat refresh or 15 blue magic skill...

^This
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-05-08 12:25:45  
Blazza said:

Yeah I wanted to make a Blu body, but I had to go with Quick Draw Recast -5 and MAB +4 for Cor.

I was 1/3.

First time we wiped around 20%. Random jobs, forgot. Not the best setup.
Second time we ran out of time around 5% lol. Too much support, not enough DD.
Third time beasted it in 18min. Rng/Nin x3 + Whm/Blm + Pld/??? + Rdm/Drk.

Not a fun fight imo, lol. Just glad I don't have to climb anymore. ; ;
 Asura.Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-05-08 12:48:08  
Yeah, there's really no way for Mirke to top BLU AF or Relic, IMO. Unless you don't care about the refresh. But, if you don't care about regaining MP as a BLU, you're doing it wrong. :\
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-05-08 12:56:37  
Got another ACP body this morning.
Put up Ratk/Snapshot on it.
Mirke Wardecors: O
lol
 Asura.Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-05-08 13:18:02  
Elkanah said:
Got another ACP body this morning.
Put up Ratk/Snapshot on it.
Mirke Wardecors: O
lol

Yay! I know you've been wanting that combo for awhile now. Congrats! ^^
 Hades.Lukaan
By Hades.Lukaan 2009-05-08 14:02:33  
Excesspain said:
Lukaan said:

Just curious, what's Dual Wield going to do for a DRG?

My bad, I meant DA... Double Attack would be nice to have with my Pole Grip
 Ragnarok.Faiye
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2009-05-08 14:02:37  
Shindo said:

This is untrue, the problem is that people get it stuck in their minds that it can only be done one way and are afraid to deviate from that. The fight can be done without RNG, COR, SMN or zerging.

Proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOc5cLXGV3Q
 Odin.Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2009-05-08 14:16:11  
Faiye said:
Shindo said:

This is untrue, the problem is that people get it stuck in their minds that it can only be done one way and are afraid to deviate from that. The fight can be done without RNG, COR, SMN or zerging.

Proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOc5cLXGV3Q

i know what you mean, i just didn't bother saying it like you did. whether certain jobs are actually useless or are deemed useless by other players, the end result is the same. ppl will only accept jobs that they think will guarantee them a win. i believe the main reason for this is Shindo's second point.
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-05-08 14:29:50  
Thank you for that earlier ^^
Yea, it was made of win this morning.
Half JP, Half English. lol.

PLD
COR
RNG
SMN
RDM
WHM

PLD was the only one who had hate the whole time.

RNG Ratked the crystal and WS assist the COR with assists should the pets pop faster than he could kill with his dual wield joyeuese/Trailers.

COR ratked the crystal, and being main dmg of copys, but needing assists.

WHM -> Do I really need to explain..?

SMN summoned Garudo and used Predator Claws, then call back a retreat and repop him doing it over and over as to waste less MP per run.

RDM main stun.

and we won in 20 min and 6 seconds ^^
First Page 2