[dev1087] Job Adjustments: White Mage

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2012-02-17 18:55:35  
I can't get myself excited for a spell that they have already admitted is going to be near impossible to get. So AH price will be 2mil+....
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-02-17 19:11:01  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Odin.Minefield said: »
If there is any change, I'd want to make Ferreous Coffin my mentor, AND TEACH ME THE WAYS OF REVIVISCENCE. >:|
If only we could have mentors in the game, and depending on what mentor you studied under your job changes slightly. I think that actually would be pretty neat, nothing crazy... just a slight tweak in one direction or the other.

The first thing I thought of when I saw this, was BOF3 ; ; <3 that game.. somuch!

I admit it would be kind've neat, if there were different Mentor NPC's throughout the world, you learned specific spells from them based on the amount of EXP you've gained while you're "studying" under them.
By Zemzerrett 2012-02-17 20:00:53  
Another thing to get booted from a pick up party for, just because the ("elitist" scum) leader found a WHM that has Araise and you don't... or not even invite you to the party at all.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-02-17 20:12:33  
Lakshmi.Kolvar said: »
I can't get myself excited for a spell that they have already admitted is going to be near impossible to get. So AH price will be 2mil+....

2 Mil??? Everyone would have it then. It might end up being that spell which never comes on AH because its so rare. And if it does it will be someone selling it to themselves for 50 mil.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2012-02-17 21:27:05  
2 million, lol. Try like 20 or more. It would be nice to have. But it will take a lot work/Gil to get. Not everyone is going to have it.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-17 21:42:58  
I will never understand why people put spells on the auction house for such obscene prices, especially when it's for white mage, in which it will benefit everyone.
 Siren.Mcclane
サーバ: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-02-17 21:43:34  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
I will never understand why people put spells on the auction house for such obscene prices, especially when it's for white mage, in which it will benefit everyone.

To make gil?
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-17 21:44:39  
lol, walked into that one.
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-02-17 21:45:41  
Don't get me wrong, as a WHM I'd love cheap scrolls, but if something is hard to get, shouldn't be sold for little gil.
By Brolli 2012-02-17 22:11:53  
Zemzerrett said: »
Another thing to get booted from a pick up party for, just because the ("elitist" scum) leader found a WHM that has Araise and you don't... or not even invite you to the party at all.
By Brolli 2012-02-17 22:14:38  
more reasons to use /sch sub for penury/celerity and mp costs down
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-17 23:10:07  
If people are so worried about getting booted from a party because the elitist scum would replace you for not having 4 raise spells instead of 3 (or 2...) then why would you join the elitist scum in the fist place? O.o?
By Brolli 2012-02-17 23:20:51  
If people are so worried about getting booted from a party because the elitist scum would replace you for not having 4 raise spells instead of 3 (or 2...) then why would you join the elitist scum in the fist place? O.o?
same as you dont get invited @ voidwatch and other stuff for the simple fact of not having emp , most voidwatch runs are shouted these days, since end gaming linkshells are literally socials now
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-02-17 23:23:12  
Brolli said: »
People actually care? I thought I was pretty high on the elitist scum spectrum and I couldn't care less if my whms have raise 3 and wont care if they have Araise. I would much rather take the whm with only raise 2 that keeps me alive and hasted than the whm that has Araise and has to use it commonly.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-17 23:24:04  
Brolli said: »
same as you dont get invited for voidwatch and other stuff for the simple fact of not having emps
Think you missed my point...

Why would you want to even be around elitist scum in the first place? I'd be glad that I didn't have [insert spell here] because then I'd be thankful that I didn't waste my time with elitist scum any longer than I had to.

Saying you think it would be unfair because you would be kicked by elitist scum for not having the spell is saying you want to take part in the events these elitist scum take part in. I don't see why you would want to spend your time dealing with them.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tonythetaru
By Bismarck.Tonythetaru 2012-02-18 00:04:57  
Having three raise spells is pretty damn helpful when the ***hits the fan, and when the white mage needs to be Johnny on the spot with raises. Having a fourth raise spell for that weakened tank is just icing on the cake.

Not trying to side with elitist scum, but if you level up a mage job, and have it in your head that you are going to take it seriously, there is no reason why you shouldn't learn all the spells for it. ***, I remember being declined for crawler parties back in '05 for not having erase until I did have it. Was that elitist? Not at all.

edit--
was for me being drunk
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-18 00:13:19  
Bismarck.Tonythetaru said: »
Having three raise spells is pretty damn helpful when the ***hits the fan, and when the white mage needs to be Johnny on the spot with raises. Having a fourth raise spell for that weakened tank is just icing on the cake.

Not trying to side with elitist scum, but if you level up a mage job, and have it in your head that you are going to take it seriously, there is no reason why you shouldn't learn all the spells for it. ***, I remember being declined for crawler parties back in '05 for not having erase until I did have it. Was that elitist? Not at all.

edit--
was for me being drunk
I didn't even know what erase was ._.;;

Ah the wonderful memories of newbiehood, how I miss them so.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-02-18 09:38:06  
Then again, Araise or none, There's gonna be one DD that jumps straight back into the fight and dies without unweakening right? :<
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-02-18 09:48:45  
make the scroll r/x!
 Odin.Elmodfz
サーバ: Odin
user: Elmodfz
By Odin.Elmodfz 2012-02-18 10:15:20  
Chyula said: »
oh *** great, who the hell retard asked that question?. Now they going to nerf it before it even release because some retards are crying it will make other raise useless. At this point of the game who the hell care they are receiving R1 or R3?? exp lost don't mean ***anymore when you can cap it again after fight.
It's not even like the WHM will be able to Araise(Arise....) everyone, it will be good for key members of the group but other than that you'll still be seeing R1-3's.

I don't think they will nerf it, I think they just had to address the question and leave it at that.

I was really pleased with the new spell, still am but I somehow doubt I will ever get it if it really is difficult to get, because I sure as hell won't be buying it!

It will only be useful outside of abyssea seeing as 99% of the people seem to have the atma with RR3 on it. And seeing as about 90% of the games population have now moved into abyssea, when will it be used? Yeh ok VW, new Nyzul etc, good for the melee which die during important fights, but the more I think about it, the more it seems a little bit of a pointless spell.

Don't get me wrong, it definitely has a use, I'm just not sure how much of a use at the moment.
 Asura.Shylaa
サーバ: Asura
user: Shylaa
By Asura.Shylaa 2012-02-18 10:16:36  
Reminds me just yesterday of a ls member that got declined to Pil shout cause he didnt have a Twilight scythe. I take WHM pretty seriously, but only so far as my gil will take me. If the spell ends up being an obscene amount, I hope it's at least in an event I can get into and try to lot it.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2012-02-18 10:36:23  
I'm so glad that they are making this spell difficult to obtain :3!

It will definitely give me something to do once the update comes, I've been wanting a difficult spell for WHM to come for so long.

I can't wait for this update!! >.<!

/endwhmnerd
The last time they said they were making something extremely difficult, we ended up with two stages for Lv99 weapons off of some of the most monotonous NMs in the game and have to obtain a total of 255ADL/153PW/3060Rex/Alima items to obtain. So not looking forward to 1000 scrolls of Raise III for Araise.
By Chyula 2012-02-18 10:46:04  
the elistist scum can kiss my *** about araise or raise 3, and beside the elitist scum will not care about raise 3 when as long they are getting a whm with every other cure spell. Dusty RR and Apoc atma does exist.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-18 10:51:43  
Chyula said: »
the elistist scum can kiss my *** about araise or raise 3, and beside the elitist scum will not care about raise 3 when as long they are getting a whm with every other cure spell. Dusty RR and Apoc atma does exist.

If people are dying in Abyssea, then the raise spells are last on the list of the reasons why they should be replacing your WHM.
[+]
 Bismarck.Phetty
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2012-02-18 10:56:57  
I think an aoe raise would have been better. I would have preferred the weakness reduction and reraise bonus as new merit job abilities or something. Would have given whms a new useful spell to hunt while not making non main whm useless because of one spell.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-02-18 11:00:49  
Asura.Shylaa said: »
Reminds me just yesterday of a ls member that got declined to Pil shout cause he didnt have a Twilight scythe. I take WHM pretty seriously, but only so far as my gil will take me. If the spell ends up being an obscene amount, I hope it's at least in an event I can get into and try to lot it.
I would have at least turned him down for not having Apoc.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-18 12:18:42  
Bismarck.Phetty said: »
I think an aoe raise would have been better. I would have preferred the weakness reduction and reraise bonus as new merit job abilities or something. Would have given whms a new useful spell to hunt while not making non main whm useless because of one spell.
I'm not agreeing that this will make non-main WHM useless, but I would like to point out that non-main DDs are pretty much worthless due to lack of appropriate gear/weapons, so why should your mule be as potent as someone who actually puts effort into the job?
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-18 12:45:54  
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Bismarck.Phetty said: »
I'm not agreeing that this will make non-main WHM useless, but I would like to point out that non-main DDs are pretty much worthless due to lack of appropriate gear/weapons, so why should your mule be as potent as someone who actually puts effort into the job?
because i want to get leet with no effort involved, duhhhh
 Siren.Eclipstic
user: eclipstic
By Siren.Eclipstic 2012-02-18 16:14:20  
i honestly hope this is a non-sellable item. either a rediculous quest or EX spell. gil is easily obtainable these days and it's just lame to see so many people buy their way through this game selling dynamis currency.
[+]