users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » What do you do when you aren't on FFXI
What do you do when you aren't on FFXI
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-09 12:15:06  
Dasva said:
That's nothing I knew a guy that made what he called "puppy bombs"... and it's probably much worse then whatever you can imagine

You know, in all honesty...I can tolerate people being shitty to one another. I can watch people getting shot, blown up, stabbed, decapitated. I can see graphic images of war and not flinch in the slightest.

But when I see kittens and puppies being abused, I seriously wanna kick the ***out of the people doing it. Like, viciously. Human beings are *** up, that's our way. It's in our nature to destroy ourselves. But I swear, if anyone ever does anything *** up to a dog or cat and I'm around, they better be ready for a *** beat down.

Sorry, don't mean to be all serious about it, but that ***pisses me off.
 Garuda.Ijelle
サーバ: Garuda
user: Ijelle
By Garuda.Ijelle 2009-05-09 13:02:04  
Eat. Sleep. Drink. Martial Arts. Sleep. PS2/GameCube/Nintendo DS games.

Pretty much only things I do when I log off.
 Ragnarok.Jammie
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jammie
By Ragnarok.Jammie 2009-05-09 13:08:35  
I'm a teacher at a primary school, teaching a bunch of 10/11 year olds.

They know nothing about my gaming life tho. I'd like to keep a professional distance, and I fear that once they know I'm an avid gamer, like most of them, that changes. ^^;
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-05-09 13:38:26  
Jammie said:

They know nothing about my gaming life tho. I'd like to keep a professional distance, and I fear that once they know I'm an avid gamer, like most of them, that changes. ^^;

Being both a teacher and a gamer, how do you think gaming effects a child's performance in school?
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-09 13:40:32  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dasva said:
That's nothing I knew a guy that made what he called "puppy bombs"... and it's probably much worse then whatever you can imagine

You know, in all honesty...I can tolerate people being shitty to one another. I can watch people getting shot, blown up, stabbed, decapitated. I can see graphic images of war and not flinch in the slightest.

But when I see kittens and puppies being abused, I seriously wanna kick the ***out of the people doing it. Like, viciously. Human beings are *** up, that's our way. It's in our nature to destroy ourselves. But I swear, if anyone ever does anything *** up to a dog or cat and I'm around, they better be ready for a *** beat down.

so...a cat is worth more then a humans life?
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-05-09 13:44:14  
Ludoggy said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dasva said:

Naw xx#2xx is just desensitized from all his years of video game playing, FPS games usually have you blowing people's heads off, not dogs and cats.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-09 13:52:39  
Ludoggy said:

Of course not...but humanity is *** up, a great many of us seem to take some kind of sick pleasure in making other's suffer. Been that way for thousands of years, and won't change, at least, until something earth shattering happens to make us realize that we're all in this ***together and it's in our best interest to work together to better all of our lives.

But beating a dog or a cat? In the fact that they have affection for us unconditionally, and want little more then to be loved by us, I sometimes wonder who really is the more evolved species on this planet...
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-09 13:54:40  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Ludoggy said:

Of course not...but humanity is *** up, a great many of us seem to take some kind of sick pleasure in making other's suffer. Been that way for thousands of years, and won't change, at least, until something earth shattering happens to make us realize that we're all in this ***together and it's in our best interest to work together to better all of our lives.

But beating a dog or a cat? In the fact that they have affection for us unconditionally, I sometimes wonder who really is the more evolved species on this planet...

but you are alright with having a mother beat her son, but not throw the dog out of a moving car?
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-09 14:04:33  
Ludoggy said:
but you are alright with having a mother beat her son, but not throw the dog out of a moving car?

Oh, c'mon...of course not. If I saw a mother beating her kid I would rage just the same. But there's a difference between child abuse and two grown men trying to kill each other over a piece of land or some stupid political/religious ideology.
 Bahamut.Ashua
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ashua
By Bahamut.Ashua 2009-05-09 14:05:36  
sleep
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-09 14:09:29  
well your beliefs are wrong!
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-09 14:10:20  
Ludoggy said:
well your beliefs are wrong!

Ok, thanks for letting me know. BRB, getting new beliefs.
 Titan.Azarasi
サーバ: Titan
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-05-09 14:29:37  
Either it is school work when school is going on.
Playing Project Reality mod for BF2 with friends.
Or doing some sorta art related something or other.
 Fairy.Mykoto
user: Mykoto
By Fairy.Mykoto 2009-05-09 14:31:14  
Hmm...

When I'm not in game... I'm an artist, and I'm currently working on making a calendar for 2k10 >.>; <.<;

I play console games. I enjoy spending time with my mother when she's home, since we moved, and all my irl friends and my brothers are a thousand miles away now (literally... they're still in NY and I'm now in FL -.- ). Keeping the house clean, cooking dinner... Aside from that I'm frantically searching the nets for a job to no avail ;-;

As for whether it is socially acceptable or not, I'm beginning to notice that every company out there is trying to make mmo's of their own. There are so many commercials on TV now telling people to 'go to their site and join this new game with thousands of other people!' So, hard to say. I suppose it is still sorta antisocial behavior that's slowly becoming the norm in today's society anyway hehe. Before we know it, no one will do IRL socializing anymore, it will all be done online x3
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-09 14:32:40  
Mykoto said:
Hmm...

When I'm not in game... I'm an artist, and I'm currently working on making a calendar for 2k10 >.>; <.<;

is it a pinup girls calendar or one of those boring ones with flowers and crap? <.>
 Ragnarok.Jammie
user: Jammie
By Ragnarok.Jammie 2009-05-09 14:33:39  
Blindphleb said:
Jammie said:

Being both a teacher and a gamer, how do you think gaming effects a child's performance in school?

Like any hobby, if you spent too much time with it, it will hurt your results. Gaming is no different then horse-riding/dancing or football.

As for violent games creating violent kids? No, I'm sure that is false.
When I notice there is a lot of talk about a game (like when a couple of kids got a new Call of Duty), I do take the time (like an hour or so) to talk with 'my' kids about it in class. What I notice, every single time, is that kids do know that they are playing a game.

Also, after talking about a game like Call of Duty, it's really easy to motivate your class to do some History lessons, about WOII for example ;).

So, general tip to teachers and parents:
Instead of shunning games, use games to motivate your kids to learn something!
 Fairy.Mykoto
user: Mykoto
By Fairy.Mykoto 2009-05-09 14:33:53  
Ludoggy said:
Mykoto said:
Hmm...

is it a pinup girls calendar or one of those boring ones with flowers and crap? <.>

It's actually a fox calendar... I <3 foxies >.>;;
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-09 14:34:51  
Fox(es) are very cool o.o
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-05-09 14:38:30  
Gym and surf, mostly. Been a gym rat for most of my adult life.

Also done kendo since middle school in Japan, so for 14+ years now.

Surprisingly, I don't game much anymore. When you work on online games as a career, 8 hours/day for many years, you kinda wanna do something else by the time you get home. Although I do occasionally find something that piques my interest.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-09 14:38:32  
Jammie said:
So, general tip to teachers and parents:
Instead of shunning games, use games to motivate your kids to learn something!

Sage advice!

Playing Oregon Trail inspired me to learn about the actual Oregon Trail lol

As well as taught me how nasty 3rd graders can be when writing the names on the tombstones:

"Here lies *** ***" lmao
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-05-09 15:18:40  
Im also an artist off FFXI. Im supposed to be drawing a self portrait or caricature for my small segment in a book being published by 3dtotal.com, Id like to pimp it out if I could for fun^^ Its going to be called Digital Painting Techniques: Volume 1 and should be published by September

Im being lazy right now though and not drawing.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-05-09 15:28:29  
Greenjade said:
When not in FFXI I read, play my PSP watch TV etc.

^ That - the Reading :p
 Carbuncle.Celest
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Celest 2009-05-09 19:08:31  
besides the average eat, drink, sleep I:

Spend alot of time with my girlfriend who unfortunately does not share my love of videogames

I've been studying the martial arts 18 years now

read/ watch movies

Study

Hang with the fam

hang out with friends

work out at the gym

play dnd... oh yeah ultimate nerdom
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-09 19:13:20  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Ludoggy said:

{I have plans.}
 Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt 2009-05-09 19:21:19  
Bass Fishin'
 Cerberus.Maryanne
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-05-09 19:21:38  
Right now, I'd love to go swimming.
That would be fun.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-09 19:26:30  
Maryanne said:
That would be fun.

In NJ? Sounds dangerous...
 Carbuncle.Celest
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Celest 2009-05-09 19:29:31  
Maryanne said:
That would be fun.

indeed that would be awesome... too bad its still too cold here.
 Cerberus.Maryanne
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-05-09 19:31:58  
Celest said:
Maryanne said:
That would be fun.

indeed that would be awesome... too bad its still too cold here.

It's too hot here ; ;
 Fairy.Shirahime
user: Chobit
By Fairy.Shirahime 2009-05-09 19:33:41  
I don't do many things but I enjoy very much every single one of em.
I either study, play piano or train with swords.
Only occasionally I make some drawing or write articles about philosophy.

A personal thought.
I think that is a wonderful things that many people with so many different interests share the same one for final fantasy xi... in my ls i know so many people (met in-game and then started to meet irl also) totally different from me, but still we have the same passion for this game... i find this fascinating
[+]