By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-29 17:38:57  
Or does it just lose its viability at that point '~';
[+]
 Asura.Ccl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-09-29 18:05:04  
All non legion set are without embrava, for legion I'd assume we'd bring one more brd to march/march instead of a sch or a smn, to be able to keep the other buff.

Anyway if you lose the regain from embrava, 2-3 gears change on both set and you're not losing that much dps(using motenten spreadhsheet), lost 3-4% on the low eva legion set, so I'd assume it would still be viable, I can look more into it and post what seems to give me the highest number later/tomorrow w/o embrava in legion if you want.
By Gimpness 2012-09-29 18:22:00  
Doesn't one march with 99 horn and haste (the spell) come *very* close to capping magic haste? Meaning if Embrava did get a serious nerf as long as it still gave, idk, 5% haste you'd still be able to march/min/min or march/min/mad?

edit: or maybe it's 99 horn + Marcato, which wouldn't be quite as viable since it's a 10(?) minute recast.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-09-30 01:45:06  
Thanks for the info. Not trying to build extremely specific sets though as who knows what changes will happen soon, just looking for a generic "catch all" build for 6-hit / 7-hit. Also when specifying different sets what's the approximate % damage increase from other general use sets? Some of these seem extremely close to each other.
By Karalis 2012-10-02 07:36:06  
Hi everyone,

I recently got my Ragnarok and I was looking for a good TP set up (war and drk). I'm currently working on NNI, but so far I don't have any usefull piece.

Can you help me pick what's available not counting NNI gear?

Thanks!
 Cerberus.Detzu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-10-02 16:13:57  
Karalis said: »
Hi everyone,

I recently got my Ragnarok and I was looking for a good TP set up (war and drk). I'm currently working on NNI, but so far I don't have any usefull piece.

Thanks!

For drk i would say :
Pole grip/rose strap
Hagneia stone
Bale head+2/zelus tiara
Ganesha's Mala
Ghillie earring or the new one from meeble/brutal
Armada hauberk augmented
Bale hands +2
Rajas/mars' ring or rajas/tyrant's ring
Atheling mantle
Phasmida belt/goading belt/windbuffet belt
Calmecac trousers/Homam legs/jingang hose
Ace's legging/ "those feet with vit acc and haste"

I didn't check the x-build but without NNI gears i think your sets should be something like that.
By kenshynofshiva 2012-10-09 09:45:07  
Anyone know what is the ws accuracy added via the elemental gorget and belt???
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-10-09 09:49:00  
10 iirc
[+]
 Leviathan.Dastrian
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dastrian
By Leviathan.Dastrian 2012-10-19 10:42:35  
This may be answered somewhere else but I couldn't find it. Can OAT GS proc on WS's?
 Asura.Loneshadow
By Asura.Loneshadow 2012-10-19 10:43:42  
Leviathan.Dastrian said: »
This may be answered somewhere else but I couldn't find it. Can OAT GS proc on WS's?
No.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-10-19 16:33:00  
kenshynofshiva said: »
Anyone know what is the ws accuracy added via the elemental gorget and belt???
10 each totaling 20
 Ragnarok.Bleublood
user: Bleublood
By Ragnarok.Bleublood 2012-10-21 16:33:59  
I just finished my OaT GS for Drk and I was wondering what the best atma combination for exp parties are.

My friends had toss ups between Apoc/RR/VV, and the other was Apoc/RR/Smiting blow. But the argument about the OaT not benefiting as much from the Apoc so I am left wondering. I'm not concerned about rubying the mobs just wanting to kill them as quickly as possible.

(I looked through the thread before posting and only found discussions on VW atmacite but not Abyssea, sorry if I didn't look hard enough and just overlooked it by mistake)
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-10-21 19:27:40  
Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Karalis said: »
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

For drk i would say :
Pole grip/rose strap
Hagneia stone/fire bomblet/anger bomblet/bomb core
Bale head+2/zelus tiara
Ganesha's Mala
Bale Earring or the new one from meeble/brutal
Armada hauberk augmented (also shoot for limbus bodies and even the body from bismark has uses)
Bale hands +2
Rajas/mars' ring or rajas/tyrant's ring
Atheling mantle/new meeble back for legion or maybe PW
Phasmida belt/goading belt/windbuffet belt <-probably wont be able to use till nni gear is in hand
Calmecac trousers/Homam legs/jingang hose/ASA legs can get a 7acc 3haste augment and is a fair place holder
Ace's legging/ "those feet with vit acc and haste"/Ryuga Sune-Ate if ace's wont xhit anything

I didn't check the x-build but without NNI gears i think your sets should be something like that.
expect to 7 hit on /sam before nni (in what rare cases you would care) and 7-8 hit on anything else depending, tho with most situations currently involving regain, dont stress it

side note: nni gear for drk should go in this order
legs > body > hands > head > feet
for war:
body > head > hands > feet > legs

Ragnarok.Bleublood said: »
I just finished my OaT GS for Drk and I was wondering what the best atma combination for exp parties are.

My friends had toss ups between Apoc/RR/VV, and the other was Apoc/RR/Smiting blow. But the argument about the OaT not benefiting as much from the Apoc so I am left wondering. I'm not concerned about rubying the mobs just wanting to kill them as quickly as possible.

(I looked through the thread before posting and only found discussions on VW atmacite but not Abyssea, sorry if I didn't look hard enough and just overlooked it by mistake)
Apoc/RR/SS (sang scythe)

apoc for the auto rr, cause anything can happen
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-10-21 22:52:45  
You don't need RR for worms, or any exp party for that matter. If you're on worms, Apoc/VV and another STR atma, RL or SB, is what you want for Reso damage.

Critwhoring is worthless because one Reso will kill a mob and you've got the TP gain to make it happen.

Then you play whack-a-mole. See a worm? Engage it. Got TP? It's dead, move on. Switch targets so you keep your weapon out.

Doing more damage on an infinite mob in a vacuum is irrelevant. Efficiently applying your damage to multiple targets is what matters, and between OAT and Apoc nothing is faster than two rounds -> 200+ STR Reso.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-10-21 23:08:24  
i disagree, i think more crit dmg/rate on an oat will benefit more than adding 2/tic regain and a bit more double attack, and str atmas are silly when your ws rate will be so high and mob hp so low the difference is minimal against the addition to white damage between ws...
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-10-21 23:16:00  
Quote:
Phorcys Schuhs should be at least before Head.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-10-21 23:18:50  
Asura.Failaras said: »
Quote:
can always play with it based on what you do, but for total use the head piece will win out over the feet, especially when currently spamming nni, not like you wont get both pieces eventually

heres why

6 hit coming back for new content and embrava nerf, and in nni you can maximize multihit/haste with head/legs then porthos body so you can slip in windbuffet
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-10-21 23:21:09  
Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
Quote:
can always play with it based on what you do, but for total use the head piece will win out over the feet, especially when currently spamming nni, not like you wont get both pieces eventually
Very few events do you want to use Phorcys Head over Bale+2 head
Most events you want to use Phorcys Feet for TP
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-10-21 23:24:23  
Quote:
Very few events do you want to use Phorcys Head over Bale+2 head
Most events you want to use Phorcys Feet for TP
legion? most likely nni? 6hit? only place you use af3 head with top sets is when magic haste is capped and lr is on, or your build in vw including atmas, allows for it

feet are same thing, haste cap or atmacites in vw. besides atleast feet have a place holder in jingang, head has nothing to make up for the stp and total changes you can make to the entire set while keeping capped haste
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-10-21 23:26:26  
Quote:
legion? most likely nni? 6hit? only place you use af3 head with top sets is when magic haste is capped and lr is on, or your build in vw including atmas, allows for it
Legion you should have Embrava, NNI you should have Embrava, Voidwatch you should have Misers, the only event I can think of that you want an Xhit on at the moment is ADL and meebles if people do that. Also magic haste is capped on basically everything.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-10-21 23:31:22  
Quote:
Legion you should have Embrava, NNI you should have Embrava, Voidwatch you should have Misers, the only event I can think of that you want an Xhit on at the moment is ADL and meebles if people do that.
last resort only lasts 3 minutes and is down ~1 minute 10 seconds if youre a robot or spam lr macro, you dont full time a haste cap set in nni lol, and not every alliance in vw is gonna give misers, its rare in any shout group ive been in

and in either case, the head benefits war and drk as a whole more than feet, do i hear no more walmart turban +1?
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-10-21 23:37:02  
Quote:
last resort only lasts 3 minutes and is down ~1 minute 10 seconds if youre a robot or spam lr macro, you dont full time a haste cap set in nni lol, and not every alliance in vw is gonna give misers, its rare in any shout group ive been in

and in either case, the head benefits war and drk as a whole more than feet, do i hear no more walmart turban +1?
When last resort is down you still use Bale+2? I don't understand why you think that matters for this argument. You will have Embrava up which means you will have a huge amount of regain which makes your X-hit pointless. Even without Misers, which you should have, regain is still going to devalue xhit. The head does nothing unless you are doing events without Embrava which is extremely rare at the moment. The feet on the other hand are a straight upgrade over Jingang Greaves for your Last Resort up TP set which is used 3/4.1 minutes you TP.
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-10-22 00:48:02  
If you want to argue hitbuilding as a reason, you actually go Legs -> Head -> Everything else.

OAT owners probably should at least. Fastest route to /notsam 5-hit.

Either way, sure is opinion in here.
 Asura.Jem
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2012-10-22 06:28:44  

feet are same thing, haste cap or atmacites in vw. besides atleast feet have a place holder in jingang, head has nothing to make up for the stp and total changes you can make to the entire set while keeping capped haste

In legion Phorcys Salade is actually the one piece you won't use (or at the very least, it's most infrequently used). You're generally in Hybrid DT/TP gear which means using Mekira Head/Body.

Phorcys Body is still used for WS.
Hands are used for WS and occasionally with LR up if adventurous or PD up.
Legs are used in pretty much all sets
Feet are used in both Hybrid and full PDT sets

Salade is used for nothing (for Legion) as you always have Embrava, LR Up (since you hold buffs between waves) and sometimes SAM Roll. That means AF3+2 head. Failing that, you're in DT gear of some variety most of the time anyway (with or without those buffs up) so still wouldn't use it.

EDIT: Also, in the build you posted you could use Rose + AF3+2 instead and get the same result. Use Kokou's Earring over Bale if that 1 STP really breaks the build (but it's probably made up for by WS'ing in Rose anyway).

I doubt there's much difference in damage between the builds (1% DA, 1% AF3 proc, 5 STR, 7 DEX vs 10 Acc, 10 Attack, 0.6% ish Haste). Certainly less difference, if it's even favorable, than the upgrade that Phorcys Schuhs offers.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-10-22 08:33:59  
Asura.Jem said: »

In legion Phorcys Salade is actually the one piece you won't use (or at the very least, it's most infrequently used). You're generally in Hybrid DT/TP gear which means using Mekira Head/Body.

Phorcys Body is still used for WS.
Hands are used for WS and occasionally with LR up if adventurous or PD up.
Legs are used in pretty much all sets
Feet are used in both Hybrid and full PDT sets

Salade is used for nothing (for Legion) as you always have Embrava, LR Up (since you hold buffs between waves) and sometimes SAM Roll. That means AF3+2 head. Failing that, you're in DT gear of some variety most of the time anyway (with or without those buffs up) so still wouldn't use it.

EDIT: Also, in the build you posted you could use Rose + AF3+2 instead and get the same result. Use Kokou's Earring over Bale if that 1 STP really breaks the build (but it's probably made up for by WS'ing in Rose anyway).

I doubt there's much difference in damage between the builds (1% DA, 1% AF3 proc, 5 STR, 7 DEX vs 10 Acc, 10 Attack, 0.6% ish Haste). Certainly less difference, if it's even favorable, than the upgrade that Phorcys Schuhs offers.
the posted build is just what i myself have and use as an example, the version that best both what i have posted and what you suggest is simply swapping the grip to the 3% version. Also that 6 hit is acc centric, another change could be the legion stp/haste/acc feet that i cant seem to find the name of

i think i overstated the use of phorcys salade in legion for drk, acc and haste cap always came first from what i knew, tho its a great improvement for war, the order i put in was with consideration to embrava nerf coming as well as new content that slowly brings back xhit as viable options (i said that somewhere) and when i did nni i liked to get every piece as tho it was the last chance id have. yes its my opinion that xhit > 3% da 12acc feet, but i blame trying to xhit drk for way too long lol. in the end all pieces are used, i have every single piece macroed somewhere

edit:
Wrathwing Nails
DEF:28 STR+6 VIT+6 Accuracy+7 "Store TP"+4 Haste+3%
LV 97 WAR THF PLD DRK BST BRD DRG
 Asura.Jem
By Asura.Jem 2012-10-22 08:55:42  
Yeah. It's just that Phorcys Salade can be replicated without much of a loss whereas Phorcys Schuhs cannot be. The improvement Phorcys Schuhs offer is more substantial (as well as more frequently used) than Salade.

Both are undeniably useful and useable pieces, it's just that Schuhs are more useful so should be picked up first. If you absolutely had to have Head to 6 hit I'd agree with you but you don't, it just allows minor swaps elsewhere.

It's semi-debatable whether Schuhs should be picked up before Hands imo. Hands are obviously extremely good but you're attack capped most of the time so the difference between them and Avant +1 isn't massive. Whereas Phorcys are more of a step-up from Jingang's, especially since you drop a lot of Acc in Hybrid/full PDT (and innately have more attack when meleeing in Phorcys Hands as it means LR is up)
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-10-22 08:57:43  
Which would be better heca leggings +1 augmented with str+3 and att+5 or dilarams?
 Asura.Jem
By Asura.Jem 2012-10-22 09:08:50  
Going to depend on your overall attack but more often than not, Heca +1. Dilaram's should win in low attack situations (although it would be close). Dila also wins if acc isn't capped too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-10-22 09:31:40  
Jem is correct, Head is the last Phorcys piece a DRK should get. For WAR or SAM it would be the 3rd piece to get.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-10-24 22:13:37  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
Jem is correct, Head is the last Phorcys piece a DRK should get. For WAR or SAM it would be the 3rd piece to get.

I can't see why war would use phorcys legs for anything ever. Same goes for sam.
First Page 2 3 ... 42 43 44 ... 50 51 52