言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Ryunohige
Ryunohige
First Page 2 3 4
By Foldypaws 2011-12-23 03:11:37  
You might also want to try RR SS GH with Ryu.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2011-12-23 10:33:17  
Why Abyssea
[+]
 Ragnarok.Returner
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-12-23 10:40:53  
Seriously, why abyssea... It is the worst place to test anything, and I am not sure what you are trying to test. Gugnir has nothing on Ryuno due to the fact that all you need to do for Ryuno is to get to 300% tp, which is easy to start the fight with in VW, and Drakesbane, and see yourself spam about 30 Stardivers in 3 mins. Soul Jump/Meditate/Spirit Jump or Wing to 300% again, and repeat.

There is nothing about Gugnir that can touch Ryuno, the rate of WS for those Mythic weapons during AM3 are off the chart scary.

PS: The reason I used Stardiver spam instead of Drakesbane spam is due to the fact that you seem to think Stardiver does more than Drakesbane, which is fine. But both weapons can use Stardiver, all Ryuno needs to do is 1 Drakesbane every 3 mins and everything else is equal.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-23 18:07:59  
Ragnarok.Amador said: »
I'll test it out as well to see if it acts like Sea Weapons.
It doesn't.

Ragnarok.Chronosphere said: »
Why Abyssea
Ragnarok.Returner said: »
Seriously, why abyssea...
^

And Stardiver vs Drakes should be pretty clear given a 15% bonus to Drakes, no? Stardiver every now and then for the -criteva effect at most.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-12-24 10:59:34  
Oh, FYI, Byrth proved a while back that the 300TP aftermath works on the WS you actually use at 300TP to kick it off. Kinda like Blau Dolche etc back at 75 got the damage/atk bonus when you WS because the WS registers you as having 0 TP when you do it, not whatever TP you had when you used it. A similar thing works for aftermaths.You loose your TP, then the WS registers so any boosts like latent under 100TP effects and aftermath are in place from the very 1st WS.

You get the DA/TA aftermath on the actual 300TP WS.

This is why the avg including your 300TP drakes is actually higher than the avg without. They all have aftermath and the 300TP ones have higher TP crit bonus actually raising the avg.

Edit:
Just saw that for Ryu you used Stout arm, but used Sanguine scythe for gugnir. No wonder your gugnir numbers popped up a bit. 20% crit damage will make for prettier epeen shots on the high end numbers. (reason Gug max damage was higher probably, even though ryu should easily get the epeen screen shot award due to 15% boost) Gotta at least compare with the same setup if you want to compare WS vs WS damage in a vacuum. (overall WS numbers wont really be close because of the flood of TP Ryu gives).

Ryu should easily take the cake in highest epeen drakes possible with a 2x triple proc from aftermath (8 hit drakes and get lucky with 8 crits) with 15% boost and the ability to drop Apoc for something else to up damage.
[+]
By Ophannus 2011-12-24 14:33:25  
Does the Augment Jump make it 100% Crit chance? If so what does Augment Jump IV do? Is it stronger than a Sneak Attack Jump i.e Augment Jump II, III and IV have innate Crit Damage+% or is it as wiki says: Augment Jump I on Ryonhige(75) is 100% crit on Jump and the further augments simply boost acc? Kind of lame if so, otherwise Spirit Jump ftw
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-26 00:08:51  
Ragnarok.Amador said: »
Augments Jump just adds Critical Hit Rate to the Jump. It's not 100%, and it doesn't do more than a Spirit Jump.

Wow, I was wondering how they kept augmenting jumps. I guess that explains it.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-12-26 12:22:20  
i dont know how a critted jump could do less than spirit/soul jumps. Spirit/Soul are just a normal atk rounds damage (in whatever gear you jump in) but force crit with wyvern out. Jump has the vit bonus making it stronger than a normal atk. If it crits it does more than soul/spirit.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-12-26 12:31:38  
Lakshmi.Aanalaty said: »
i dont know how a critted jump could do less than spirit/soul jumps. Spirit/Soul are just a normal atk rounds damage (in whatever gear you jump in) but force crit with wyvern out. Jump has the vit bonus making it stronger than a normal atk. If it crits it does more than soul/spirit.

think he was trying to say, not worth using over it because of the tpgain / loss of.
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2011-12-27 00:54:16  
Oh i didnt mean that you SHOULD use it because of the vit thing at all. Just clarifying the wording about it doing less damage than soul/spirit even when it crits because jump will in fact do more damage when it crits. Spirit/Soul are far superior for actually using for rather obvious reasons xD. Only time i use jump anymore is when wyvern is dead or during 2hour (when wyvern is again, gone).
By Ophannus 2011-12-27 07:46:34  
Jump is pretty good in abyssea when it crits, usually does like 850ish due to the killer VIT compared to Spirit Jump which only does 400-650 depending on Atma.
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-01-13 23:05:42  
So, been out of the loop for a few days. All information previously found in this thread regarding random nonsense = void.

With the upcoming Ryunohige updates, for those of you who have it. Cheers. Look forward to reading ridiculous numbers when and if provided. Congratulations on a wise investment.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [90 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Awsome
サーバ: Leviathan
user: AllenD
By Leviathan.Awsome 2012-04-12 19:26:33  
I am confused on how the Ryunohige AM3 works. I know the AM3 is checked before triple and double attack gear, but does that go for quadruple attack gear as well? I keep reading that triple and double attack gear hurts your AM3, but I can't find anyone stating exactly why that is? From my understanding, with AM3 up you have a 40% chance of attacking once and that is the only time triple and double attack gear can activate?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-12 20:03:40  
AM3 is checked after DA/TA, yes (QA is first priority in multiattack checks), and it doesn't hurt AM3 so much as additional DA/TA is less meaningful with AM3 active given that only one form of the aforementioned multiattack can proc per round.

EDIT: or vice versa, I guess, depending on how you're approaching the comparison. The benefits of AM3 are reduced by having high DA/TA/QA but DRG doesn't have a particularly high multiattack rate, which is one of the reasons Ryunohige is such a boon.
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-05-03 05:33:45  
Leviathan.Awsome said: »
I am confused on how the Ryunohige AM3 works. I know the AM3 is checked before triple and double attack gear, but does that go for quadruple attack gear as well? I keep reading that triple and double attack gear hurts your AM3, but I can't find anyone stating exactly why that is? From my understanding, with AM3 up you have a 40% chance of attacking once and that is the only time triple and double attack gear can activate?

I was wondering the same as well.
I'm not 100% sure of what I say btw, if anyone can prove me wrong or correct me, pls do so. But if Mythic doesn't work like SEA weapons, then you won't benefit much from DA and TA in gear.
Basicly, if you have no gear no aftermath, you have 100% chance of swinging once. If you put 10% DA gear, you should have 10% chance of double atatcking (or 25/256 for the exactm number i think).

Now with aftermath, you have 40% chance of swinging once with no gear. Adding a 10% DA, will, to my understanding, make those 40% à 10% chance of double attacking. Aka, your 10 DA gear will only add "4%".
Edit : Not true, DA check before oat, but can use the same reasonement.

Another question, does all mythic works the same? My friend got a terpsi99, and since they don't work like sea weapons, was thinking she wouldn't benefit much from saber dance.

One more question about Ryu, what earring will you use? Str one, or moonshade with bonus tp? Will the bonus tp enhance the crit hit rate? And obviously i wont use moonshade at 300tp, but i was thinking for regular drakes at 100ish.
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-05-03 05:55:17  
Actually, if you're dual wielding Terpsichore, remember that you're only getting AM3 on the main-hand, so Saber Dance is still a pretty big increase.
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-03 06:25:38  
Carbuncle.Shadowreapper said: »
Now with aftermath, you have 40% chance of swinging once with no gear. Adding a 10% DA, will, to my understanding, make those 40% à 10% chance of double attacking. Aka, your 10 DA gear will only add "4%".
Edit: Don't mind me I hur'd where I should have dur'd. :x
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-05-03 06:28:06  
He's saying the 10% DA from gear will only affect the 40% of attacks that don't get AM3 (AM3 is 60% OA2-3).
 Asura.Strafeeeee
サーバ: Asura
user: Strafeous
By Asura.Strafeeeee 2012-05-03 06:28:51  
.... im going to take a shower
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-03 06:29:54  
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
He's saying the 10% DA from gear will only affect the 40% of attacks that don't get AM3 (AM3 is 60% OA2-3).
Ah ok thanks for clearing that up.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-05-03 06:40:08  
Pretty sure you're thinking about it backwards. It's not a 10% chance out of 40% because the AM check occurs after the DA check, thus there is essentially a 100% chance of a single attack occurring (at the moment that the DA check occurs). A better way to think of it is there is a 10% chance of you double attacking and AM not occurring whatsoever.

If you've ever used a kraken club it's pretty obvious how detrimental double attack is to your average amount of attacks per attack round (they go way down). I have no idea what the average number of attacks per round is with mythic AM3, but if it's over 2.0, then double attack will actually hurt your tp gain. I highly doubt that it is though, considering it's only 2-3, rather than 2-8. Basically, it won't hurt to use double attack gear, but it's not doing too much either.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-05-03 06:42:09  
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-05-03 06:43:40  
and yeah, it was backwards, I wasn't thinking about it being correct or not when I translated it to understandability!
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-05-03 10:06:10  
Yeah, figured I was wrong calcuating da and oat, somehow thought oat was checked before DA.
But can use same reasonement, with oat getting getting less effective (nin edit) if you put DA etc.
I don't have my mythic yet, so never done test/math myself. Thx for corecting me tho.
First Page 2 3 4