Usukane Shoes? Worth Getting For Tp/advice On Salv

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » usukane shoes? worth getting for tp/advice on salv
usukane shoes? worth getting for tp/advice on salv
By javelinx 2011-12-13 18:12:41  
Quote:
Do us all a favor and quote in full.

No need, the following is pretty much correct for all your builds, I didn't specify that it was ONLY correct for the TP DW build, just listed that one under what I said, pretty much all of your builds are spot on for what a nin should be looking at as far as gear goes.

Quote:
"I'm sure nightfyre has some bizarre martian sets that he uses which are probably the best"
yeah, pretty much correct for all of your builds, they're probably the best.

And as far as grammar nazi's go...funny that I'm so wrong because of my grammar, but Night himself just pointed out the benefits of wearing Iga+2 in certain situations vs usu feet, which is what I was talking about from the start (not that he necessarily agreed with me). But once again, as said just a couple posts ago, think about tanking something with Hundred Fists delay, or at least very fast if not that fast, you're going to parry considerably more than a mob where you're only taking 1 melee hit every 5 seconds or something. There are instances where the parry will be a noticeable amount of tp gain, and since you need the kyahan on anyway some times to support the hakama's then this is rather a moot point.

To Schat, get usu feet they're obviously still main use feet equipment for multiple jobs, so that's a bonus. I think I did say that in like my 3rd or 4th post, when it was pointed out by someone else, that both Iga and Usu were situationally useful, I just may not have listed out all of the situations...

Grammar is correct now, because I'm not in a hurry and care to take the time to actually spell things out, not that spelling out you vs u, changes my point in the slightest.
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-13 18:17:52  
javelinx said: »
and holy cow, u need to research things, the delay of your weapon DIRECTLY infulences how much tp you get per swing lol...wow.

But 7stp is 7stp no matter the base tp rate.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-13 18:24:49  
You're still arguing for Kyahan based on the merits of Tactical Parry? Stop. ***. Posting. The only time you should TP in them barring maybe the combination of Issekigan + Hundred Fists (note that you did not mention Issekigan) is if the rest of your gear is optimally organized in a way that yields less than 23% haste.

You're not wrong that they're situationally useful, you're wrong about why.
 Bahamut.Gimpness
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-12-13 18:25:55  
crap

oh, just give up already. You lost 8 pages ago (yes, i realize there are only 3 pages in this thread).
By javelinx 2011-12-13 18:28:32  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
and holy cow, u need to research things, the delay of your weapon DIRECTLY infulences how much tp you get per swing lol...wow.

Actually the base tp rate directly effects how useful Store TP is, as it is a percentage return from your base tp gain.
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2011-12-13 18:40:12  
Actually the base tp rate directly effects how useful Store TP is, as it is a percentage return from your base tp gain.

.07 is 7% always.

Please stop.
By javelinx 2011-12-13 18:56:59  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
You're still arguing for Kyahan based on the merits of Tactical Parry? Stop. ***. Posting. The only time you should TP in them barring maybe the combination of Issekigan + Hundred Fists (note that you did not mention Issekigan) is if the rest of your gear is optimally organized in a way that yields less than 23% haste.

Point taken and conceded, you are correct on that, basically USU>IGA in many cases, IGA>USU in a few spots, or if you're using the TP DW build to get the extra haste from the feet slot in addition to all that sexy DW. So... this,

Quote:

,is partially true, but because the bonus from parry was not the only stat that I was talking about initially, it's also partially wrong, it's just that Wolf kind of took the tact. parry thing off the deepend...even though it has merit, it's obviously not the main reason to wear the feet lol, but it will help to make up for tp return vs. the stp you lose not wearing usu. I did initially say the the 7 stp wouldn't make a huge difference, and was apparently wrong on that, which I'll admit to being wrong there, no issue admitting to being wrong when someone proves thier point
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-13 18:57:17  

whatisthisidonteven..
By javelinx 2011-12-13 18:59:35  

.07 is 7% always.

Please stop.

but the 7% is directly affected by the base tp rate, 7 stp does NOT = 7 more tp per attack round, or anything anywhere near that. Thusly, "the base tp rate directly effects how useful Store TP is" is a correct statement.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-13 19:04:00  
I did initially say the the 7 stp wouldn't make a huge difference, and was apparently wrong on that, which I'll admit to being wrong there, no issue admitting to being wrong when someone proves thier point
I thought you parsed it?
lol go parse it, it does, by about 2-5% depending on some variables, but u need large leaps in skill, like every 50 skill lvls=.3 or .5% parry rate.
By Eugene 2011-12-13 19:06:11  
[+]
By javelinx 2011-12-13 19:11:21  
I don't know how else to explain stp to you guys lol, but 7 stp alone is not much, if you get 14 base tp per dual wield attack round without a da/ta proc then 7% more tp will get you .9 more tp per attack round (.98, but ffxi only reads to 1 decimal place), if you get 15 per attack round thats 1 more tp per attack round (1.05)...so accurate statement there,

"Actually the base tp rate directly effects how useful Store TP is, as it is a percentage return from your base tp gain."

the higher your base tp gain is, the more proportionally useful stp is, or the lower your base tp gain is, the less proportionally useful stp is...base tp directly effects how useful stp is...not sure where the fall off is there.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-13 19:12:32  
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-13 19:12:33  
Since when does anyone care what STP gives per round? It either shaves a hit off or it doesn't.
[+]
By javelinx 2011-12-13 19:13:59  
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
I did initially say the the 7 stp wouldn't make a huge difference, and was apparently wrong on that, which I'll admit to being wrong there, no issue admitting to being wrong when someone proves thier point
I thought you parsed it?
lol go parse it, it does, by about 2-5% depending on some variables, but u need large leaps in skill, like every 50 skill lvls=.3 or .5% parry rate.

This is a point where full quotes would be pertinent, I said I parsed parry rate. Like 5 years ago. Not that I parsed the tp return from usu feet vs. iga feet or anything of the sort.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-12-13 19:16:29  
Well, your justification was based on your supposed parses. Three pages of people trying to help this guy understand ***, nvm.
By Eugene 2011-12-13 19:17:13  
I think he's trying to say that stp gives a percentage of the tp gained per round; which means on lower tp gain weap setups each stp will give less tp because its the same percentage of a lower number. While this is true, I'm not sure why should care.
[+]
By javelinx 2011-12-13 19:18:55  
Eugene said: »
I think he's trying to say that stp gives a percentage of the tp gained per round; which means on lower tp gain weap setups each stp will give less tp because its the same percentage of a lower number. While this is true, I'm not sure why should care.

in the end tp return is what this thread is about lol, Schatz wants the best tp build for her Kannagi.
By javelinx 2011-12-13 19:26:18  
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
Well, your justification was based on your supposed parses. Three pages of people trying to help this guy understand ***, nvm.

don't believe I have parsed parry then, it doesn't matter whether you believe I've done it or not, do some research about it, there are parses all over the place that show that parry rate does go up, however insignificantly, it does.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-13 19:26:24  
.07 > .00

Superior TP gain acquired. Transferring data.

A 5~10% parry rate will not overtake the extra TP per round, however insignificant it is.

Also keep in mind that if you're any DD or any other job that's worth a ***, you'll have an extra .05 from Rajas and .01 from Brutal.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-12-13 19:40:06  
If we ignore the idea of hit-builds, the USEFULNESS of STP does not depend on the delay of your weapon. 7 STP is a 7% increase in your rate of TP gain, whether you use great axe or a katana. Arguing that the USEFULNESS is lower on weapons with less delay is absolutely silly.

Now, if we include hit-builds into the argument, STP is actually more useful on low-delay weapons than on high-delay weapons. High-delay weapons have small hit builds (4-8 hits roughly) and require a very large amount of STP to move up to the next level (thus making small amounts of STP essentially useless). low-delay weapons have large hit-builds (15-25 hits roughly) and require smaller amounts of STP to move up to the next level (thus making small amounts of STP useful).
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-12-13 19:44:52  
I just now am looking away from studying for a minute

someone bring me up to speed

has he said "STP takes time to proc" yet?
[+]
By Eugene 2011-12-13 19:44:53  
This is an argument over whether parry or stp is better for damage?
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-12-13 19:48:34  
so just more of the same

it's getting to the point where he doesn't deserve to learn

going back to studying, yall take care
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-13 19:52:32  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

Point taken and conceded, you are correct on that, basically USU>IGA in many cases, IGA>USU in a few spots, or if you're using the TP DW build to get the extra haste from the feet slot in addition to all that sexy DW. So... this,

Quote:

,is partially true, but because the bonus from parry was not the only stat that I was talking about initially, it's also partially wrong, it's just that Wolf kind of took the tact. parry thing off the deepend...even though it has merit, it's obviously not the main reason to wear the feet lol, but it will help to make up for tp return vs. the stp you lose not wearing usu. I did initially say the the 7 stp wouldn't make a huge difference, and was apparently wrong on that, which I'll admit to being wrong there, no issue admitting to being wrong when someone proves thier point
Let's go back to the beginning then.

well then, idts, especially if ur tanking and your parry is capped(tact. parry on af3 is awesome) with +2 haste and tact parry, and set procs, u will see more tp with af3+2's on
This is demonstrably wrong in any non-Issekigan situation. Even with Issekigan you see a very minor increase in TP gain over time assuming only haste as an outside buff; if you're getting marches it'll still lose.

This is also wrong, to the best of my ability to interpret your post. Parry rate is a function of both your skill level and the level of the monster attacking you. If you're assuming the mob is no higher than EP then sure, you might experience a non-floored rate, but beyond that you're pretty much stuck at 5% whether you like it or not.

but the 7% is directly affected by the base tp rate, 7 stp does NOT = 7 more tp per attack round, or anything anywhere near that. Thusly, "the base tp rate directly effects how useful Store TP is" is a correct statement.
No, it's not. 7 STP correlates to a 7% increase in TP gain over time before accounting for truncations, regardless of delay. This is very easy to demonstrate. At best your statement is true if looking for gaps where STP has little to no effect, which is an approach better applied to high-delay weapons. You won't find such large gaps in low delay setups and existing STP will have an equally if not greater impact given that it affects how your addition lies across truncation points.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-13 20:02:41  
With 13 Store TP, assuming Kannagi and Oirandori, base DW+suppanomimi, you bump yourself up from 4.5 TP per hit to 5 TP per hit.

With 13 Store TP, assuming Kannagi and Oirandori, base DW+Suppanomimi+Ninja Chainmail, you go from 4.4 TP per hit to 4.9. Add 2 more store TP from mantle and you go back up to 5.

This extra TP per hit will always be superior to 4.5 TP per parry (factoring trait and boots). This isn't taking into account Accuracy and Attack bonuses from Usukane at a 5~10% parry rate (which you will likely never exceed on anything where it matters).

This is also before factoring in the monster's delay, your delay, if the attacks can be parried, how often the monster is looking at you, etc.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-13 20:09:03  
I have a question

What the hell is that...
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-13 20:09:45  
Something about an animated engagement on a diving board where an Ama no murakumo and Montiont Silverpiece were involved, presumably.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-13 20:12:28  
It hurts my eyes lol >.>