[Dev] RDM & Hastega (lol...)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » [Dev] RDM & Hastega (lol...)
[Dev] RDM & Hastega (lol...)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-01 16:34:50  
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Kalilla this thread should never have been created ~.~
:(

why does ur "posts" read only 2,679? D:
huh? >.> what's wrong with my post count ; ;
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-01 16:36:39  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Kalilla this thread should never have been created ~.~
:(

why does ur "posts" read only 2,679? D:
huh? >.> what's wrong with my post count ; ;

sorry i was thinking of someone else who had over 5k.. xD
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-01 16:37:06  
I don't think it was ever that high o.o;;;
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-01 16:37:45  
I don't think it was ever that high o.o;;;

i ninja edited >.>
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-12-01 16:37:49  
Congrats on your purple bar! :D
[+]
 Siren.Nehalania
user: Nehalania
By Siren.Nehalania 2011-12-01 16:51:27  
Not that I'm surprised, but it is sad to see them not really know what to do with the job.
This contradicts their "vision" of RDM turning party members into "demi-gods" though lol.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-12-01 17:06:21  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Sylph.Annex said: »
Diffusion is a waste of merits.

Is that why every BLU I see on my my server has it? Hmmm....

Every BLU on your server is gimp as ***. Tell them to suck less.

If they're that hard up for a JA that they can only use every 10 minutes instead of something that will benefit you three times or more in the same expanse of time, they should be meriting Convergence since that's actually somewhat useful.

I kind of like my Diffusion merit(singular). I would use it on Nyzul Isle runs - yes, even after the level cap increase. We wouldn't really bring in a dedicated healer for the runs, so it'd be a lot of self-sufficient melees without Haste. So I'd give some love.

Then there are times where I'd be with an alliance exp group and of course the healer would never bother to cast Haste. So 4 extra DDs with haste every 20 minutes, vs. more power to the other Group 2s is a decent boost I'd say.

And finally, there are times where I'd be with a friend just killing various things. AoE Battery Charge or Haste can help them out a touch.

I wouldn't put 5 merits into it, but it's nice to have when the situation arises.
 Leviathan.Alas
user: alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2011-12-01 17:06:24  
Smn gets Hastega and it lasts 6 minutes. Why do people care about hastega? I meripo'd my 75 Rdm so I know how boring haste cycles were, but if anyone was going to get hastega between rdm and whm, it was always going to be whm...stupid questions are stupid. Anyone posting in official SE threads should be banned.
 Sylph.Cossack
サーバ: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-12-01 17:10:23  
Haste cycle? Me > tank > possibly blm, everyone else is sol. Am I lazy? Yes, but I also manage to keep my tank fully buffed and our mob fully debuffed.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-01 17:12:12  
Sylph.Cossack said: »
Haste cycle? Me > tank > possibly blm, everyone else is sol. Am I lazy? Yes, but I also manage to keep my tank fully buffed and our mob fully debuffed.
This is why we can't have nice things.
[+]
 Leviathan.Alas
user: alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2011-12-01 17:13:41  
Evidently nice things were accidently broken by a careless Fell Cleaver...
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-01 17:16:51  

And this exemplary specimen wouldn't have been any better in 2005, either.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-01 17:18:30  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »

Most likely but you can't say that for certain. its not Fact. just tossing that out there. even though i agree >.>
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2011-12-01 17:22:10  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »

Most likely but you can't say that for certain. its not Fact. just tossing that out there. even though i agree >.>

I can say it with the certitude required to assert that there isn't a unicorn at my doorstep.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-01 17:25:22  
Why level the job if you don't want to play it properly?
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-12-01 17:26:11  
Leviathan.Alas said: »
Smn gets Hastega and it lasts 6 minutes. Why do people care about hastega? I meripo'd my 75 Rdm so I know how boring haste cycles were, but if anyone was going to get hastega between rdm and whm, it was always going to be whm...stupid questions are stupid. Anyone posting in official SE threads should be banned.

Didn't read it then...

Allow me: They asked for one thing, which is the basically the title of the thread.

HASTE TO BE ACCESSIONABLE

Last I checked, that didn't limit it to RDM it was also WHM (yay!) and SCH /whm or soon /rdm
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-12-01 17:26:21  
RDM was my first job, then I gradually learned what I would be expected to do, and there it sits at 56.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-01 17:28:50  

Properly is subjective. and ppl can level just because they like playing the job. it might not be ideal to you if they dont play it to your standards but its a game.. so really they have no obligation to play any job and certain way...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-01 17:33:39  

Properly is subjective. and ppl can level just because they like playing the job. it might not be ideal to you if they dont play it to your standards but its a game.. so really they have no obligation to play any job and certain way...
By that logic I have no obligation to invite them into my group if they're not willing to put forth a certain amount of effort such that the rest of us have to pick up the slack. Hence, linkshells.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-01 17:34:38  

So is it cool if I don't cast any spells or ever engage the mob on BLU? Or if I suddenly forget cure on WHM? Get real.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-01 17:36:41  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

By that logic I have no obligation to invite them into my group if they're not willing to put forth a certain amount of effort such that the rest of us have to pick up the slack. Hence, linkshells.

i agree night. thats why inviting ppl is an option. and if ppl dont want to put in the effort to be what ppl think is right for said job then they will have to deal with any consequences that derive from that.

But if they play a job for the solo aspect or just leveled it for their ls then who cares if they play it properly. =/
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-01 17:40:01  

So is it cool if I don't cast any spells or ever engage the mob on BLU? Or if I suddenly forget cure on WHM? Get real.

sure idc. its not like i would invite you to anything that it would effect me... also no casting spells and not engaging is an extreme example of not playing the job "properly".
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-01 17:40:50  

sure idc. its not like i would invite you to anything that it would effect me... also no casting spells and not engaging is an extreme example of not playing the job "properly".

So when a RDM isn't doing their proper cycle, that's casting spells?
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-01 17:41:58  

umm... yes? if i cast haste/refresh on 3 ppl im casting spells am i not? srsly..
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-01 17:42:45  

umm... yes? if i cast haste/refresh on 3 ppl im casting spells am i not? srsly..

That's the equivalent of me casting cure V once and then forgetting the next time the mob casts a spell.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-12-01 17:46:06  

That's the equivalent of me casting cure V once and then forgetting the next time the mob casts a spell.

no its not. why do you go to extremes in ur arguments? really. i mean keeping 3 ppl constantly hasted/refreshed is in no way the same as a whm who "casted" <-- past tense Cure5 and then stopped....
 Phoenix.Ataaboy
サーバ: Phoenix
user: ataaboy
By Phoenix.Ataaboy 2011-12-01 17:46:29  
Who gives a toss about hastega, the job needs a JA that cuts right through mobs immunities, or they could just fix Saboteur....

With all the new sexy RDM AFv3+2 haste lasts for a age anyway, so there is no excuse not to keep it up on the core party members.
 Asura.Perrymason
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Perrymason 2011-12-01 17:47:28  
._. I miss the color-coded forum bars.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-01 17:50:26  
Phoenix.Ataaboy said: »
/shocked!!!! *covers rukia up ; ;*
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-12-01 17:55:45  

no its not. why do you go to extremes in ur arguments? really. i mean keeping 3 ppl constantly hasted/refreshed is in no way the same as a whm who "casted" <-- past tense Cure5 and then stopped....

No it's the exact same thing. *** laziness. Don't get on the job if you aren't going to do it properly when someone who could do it properly can take the slot instead.