[Dev] RDM & Hastega (lol...)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » [Dev] RDM & Hastega (lol...)
[Dev] RDM & Hastega (lol...)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-01 06:32:46  
Red Mage is a pitiful melee DD job, but it is better than BLM, SMN, SCH, etc. and their staves. I don't give two shits about whether or not it DDs, but I would like to see it have a use beside proccing tier 2 debuffs on Voidwatch NMs.

Point is, we can all agree that things like Gain-STR, En-spells, and Temper would be much more useful if we could give them to DDs instead of the RDM. Accession is a way to do that that doesn't take much work on SE's end.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-01 06:37:16  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Red Mage is a pitiful melee DD job, but it is better than BLM, SMN, SCH, etc. and their staves. I don't give two shits about whether or not it DDs, but I would like to see it have a use beside proccing tier 2 debuffs on Voidwatch NMs.

Point is, we can all agree that things like Gain-STR, En-spells, and Temper would be much more useful if we could give them to DDs instead of the RDM. Accession is a way to do that that doesn't take much work on SE's end.

You are missing the point... that isn't going to save rdm. Whm has gain and you will always have whm in a party/alliance. The amount of idle refresh gear is just redic now. I might also add that it's easy as hell to get with the exception of the refresh hair pin. Rdm doesn't need ***like that, it needs entirely job specific spells that make it a *** master of what it was supposed to do, Enhance and Enfeeble. Se will not give them that... which is apart of their job title... why do you think they will finally make make all those spells aoe castable from /sch ja's? Think about it... and even if they did.... big whoop? Still doesn't make them worth crap in the long run.
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-12-01 06:37:36  
Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »
Phoenix.Cathaldus said: »
On the subject of Haste, what with all the "Takes time to proc." I see everywhere?

Answers aren't given to this question cause it takes time to learn, just like haste takes time to proc.

Truth be told, I've lost interest now anyway.

Indeed. Though I do think Gain should be party targetable. Not every party member wants the same bonus, Would be cool to grant the bonus' without everyone moving to different locations on WHM.
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-01 06:38:24  
Phoenix.Cathaldus said: »
On the subject of Haste, what with all the "Takes time to proc." I see everywhere?
It's a reference to someone that once claimed that 'Haste takes time to proc."
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2011-12-01 06:40:29  

You are missing the point... that isn't going to save rdm. Whm has gain and you will always have whm in a party/alliance. The amount of idle refresh gear is just redic now. I might also add that it's easy as hell to get with the exception of the refresh hair pin. Rdm doesn't need ***like that, it needs entirely job specific spells that make it a *** master of what it was supposed to do, Enhance and Enfeeble. Se will not give them that... which is apart of their job title... why do you think they will finally make make all those spells aoe castable from /sch ja's? Think about it... and even if they did.... big whoop? Still doesn't make them worth crap in the long run.

what ridiculous "enhance and enfeeble" spells do you have in mind broseph

theres a haste cap, theres pretty potent debuffs they get but its not like it matters since noone pld/nins anymore and they have to get ichi up and without slow theyre going to get wrecked
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-01 06:49:14  
Enfeebling in this game is a waste of time. SE makes everything immune to any enfeeble that would be worthwhile on it. The only enfeebles we have at the moment fail to address the real problems we face when we fight things (which are not auto-attack related) and the only challanging content at the moment makes it incredibly hard to keep a solid dMND/potency on our debuffs, so they are basically only useful for proccing.

You can carve out a role for RDM that does not rely on Enfeebling at all by letting it be a light-damage healer. I guess I should add number 4:
4) Make all of RDM's spells single target instead of self-only.
If they did that, I would definitely heal myself DNC + RDM/THF in Dynamis for another 20% OAT from Temper. As it is, WHM is arguably a better defensive (Auspice, Barspellras) and offensive (Boost-STR) buffer than RDM in the same situation.
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-01 06:51:49  
Asura.Fondue said: »

what ridiculous "enhance and enfeeble" spells do you have in mind broseph

theres a haste cap, theres pretty potent debuffs they get but its not like it matters since noone pld/nins anymore and they have to get ichi up and without slow theyre going to get wrecked

Oh yeah that reminds me whm has addle now too. What I'm saying is... rdm is ***. Give us more enfeebles (that can stack with lol dia or bio), give us spells that increase attack and accuracy and even racc and ratk on players. Give us back our exclusive addle, give us spells that decrease a mobs magic defense. I want stuff like that.

Also who said haste doesn't have a cap? lol
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-01 06:55:57  
Enfeebling in this game is a waste of time. SE makes everything immune to any enfeeble that would be worthwhile on it. The only enfeebles we have at the moment fail to address the real problems we face when we fight things (which are not auto-attack related) and the only challanging content at the moment makes it incredibly hard to keep a solid dMND/potency on our debuffs, so they are basically only useful for proccing.

You can carve out a role for RDM that does not rely on Enfeebling at all by letting it be a light-damage healer. I guess I should add number 4:
4) Make all of RDM's spells single target instead of self-only.
If they did that, I would definitely heal myself DNC + RDM/THF in Dynamis for another 20% OAT from Temper. As it is, WHM is arguably a better defensive (Auspice, Barspellras) and offensive (Boost-STR) buffer than RDM in the same situation.

Then just go on the Official forums and say to se... just delete rdm cause enfeebing is useless for us as whm brd blue nin pld thf sch blm can all do what we do as is. And better than us, and the things we can do aren't even allowed thanks to you giving those mobs immunity. Also it doesn't matter se has already said they will not make haste and certain spells aoeable from sch sj. Think of something new not of something old that has been said 100 times to be shot down 100 times.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2011-12-01 06:56:35  
every job can face tank every monster and almost every white mage can keep up with it

rdm isnt broken, the game is broken
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-01 06:58:49  
Asura.Fondue said: »
every job can face tank every monster and almost every white mage can keep up with it

rdm isnt broken, the game is broken

No really?! How many things pointed you to that observation? RR? Abyssea? Increasing lvl cap? Getting rid of JS spells/abilities?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-01 07:04:22  
Oh, you mean grand ideas like this one?

Rdm doesn't need ***like that, it needs entirely job specific spells that make it a *** master of what it was supposed to do, Enhance and Enfeeble.

SE really might as well delete RDM at this point. I have 5/5 AF3+2 and a good quantity of AF2+1, AF1+1, etc. for it. Back in the day I gave a ***about it and did almost everything on RDM. It was my first 75, etc. Now they could delete it and I wouldn't care at all. I have used it twice since the 95 cap and four times since the 80 cap. Three of those times were to XP it another five levels, and the last time was when I butchered my tier 2 merits so I could proc things in Voidwatch.

They need to change it to make it useful in some context. I have proposed an easy way that they can make it useful in some context, and you have proposed the above.

Basically, the reason I originally appeared ambivalent about RDM as a lolmelee mage is because this forum's RDM melee discussions are generally similar to Alla's. They are full of poorly written posts by people who do not understand how the game works. I just wanted to avoid a stupid debate filled with half-notions, but you caught me anyway. Congrats.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2011-12-01 07:10:49  
I would love any sort of adjustment like hastega/slightly better melee capability

the only times I play rdm since 80cap are during salvage and I do enjoy meleeing the trash mobs in there, break for brainjack is kinda cool too >.>
 Fenrir.Kendraian
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Boondo15
By Fenrir.Kendraian 2011-12-01 07:25:10  

Rdm doesn't need ***like that, it needs entirely job specific spells that make it a *** master of what it was supposed to do, Enhance and Enfeeble.

SE really might as well delete RDM at this point. I have 5/5 AF3+2 and a good quantity of AF2+1, AF1+1, etc. for it. Back in the day I gave a ***about it and did almost everything on RDM. It was my first 75, etc. Now they could delete it and I wouldn't care at all. I have used it twice since the 95 cap and four times since the 80 cap. Three of those times were to XP it another five levels, and the last time was when I butchered my tier 2 merits so I could proc things in Voidwatch.

They need to change it to make it useful in some context. I have proposed an easy way that they can make it useful in some context, and you have proposed the above.

Basically, the reason I originally appeared ambivalent about RDM as a lolmelee mage is because this forum's RDM melee discussions are generally similar to Alla's. They are full of poorly written posts by people who do not understand how the game works. I just wanted to avoid a stupid debate filled with half-notions, but you caught me anyway. Congrats.

Soo sad back in the day RDM was one of the top classes :'(
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-12-01 07:52:28  
Fenrir.Kendraian said: »

It still is pretty top tier, in terms of soloing it's still the top class in the game imo.Just no one is posting RDM solo videos on youtube anymore. They're all on nicovideo.jp
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-01 08:43:14  
Bahamut.Raenryong said: »
At risk of posting something HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, I'm going to summarize what I feel are the problems with RDM at the moment and how to fix them:

What I would propose is this:

Stop making RDM a jack of all trades.
Two stances. For lack of better terms, Melee Support and Mage Support. Melee Support can increase the effectiveness of buffs applied in tandem with damage and other effects. Mage Support can increase the effectiveness of debuffs applied, in tandem with damage and other effects.

This is the best idea I've seen suggested for RDM in ... forever. Kudos, Raen.

So sick and tired of the standard RDM rally-cry of "give us Cure V!!". That ain't happening. Get over it.

But Raen's suggestion here is solid. S-E already implemented similar features with Hasso/Seigan, Afflatus Solace/Afflatus Misery, Light Arts/Dark Arts ... and in some ways, choosing a DRG subjob or an automaton type on PUP.

Here's another idea for "Attack Mode":
RDM gets a boost to STR/Attack/MAB and increased Fast Cast and/or Potency of Enfeebling and Elemental Magic. Penalties: Slow and Addle effect when casting Healing/Enhancing Magic, unable to use Convert.

For "Mage Mode":
RDM gets a major boost to Fast Cast and/or Potency of Healing/Enhancing Magic, and gains access to a JA that enables the next cast to be a party-wide buff (Refresh, Haste, Gain, Temper, etc.) and give it a 5:00(?) cool-down timer.
Penalties: Slow and Addle effect when casting Elemental/Enfeebling Magic, unable to WeaponSkill.
[+]
By Drjones 2011-12-01 09:01:35  
No. Stances are limiting and frustrating.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-12-01 09:27:23  
Odin.Upbeat said: »
Fenrir.Kendraian said: »

It still is pretty top tier, in terms of soloing it's still the top class in the game imo.Just no one is posting RDM solo videos on youtube anymore. They're all on nicovideo.jp

If you're going to bring up solo potential, don't mention krabkatoa.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-12-01 09:42:23  
Good other videos though. Didn't look at Krab. Kind of shocked to see the RDM not using Fire Resist set during Wyrm flight. I can understand Draylo not using it on his BLU solo of Wyrm since BLU can zerg it down really quickly. But RDM losing all those meds just to live through that...
By Brolli 2011-12-01 10:00:25  
rdm with hastega over sch
[+]
 Asura.Dtroyy
By Asura.Dtroyy 2011-12-01 10:01:40  
Brolli said: »
rdm with hastega over sch
but sch has regen V!
By krish 2011-12-01 10:05:58  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Red mage was designed to be proficient in the ways of enfeebling magic and single-target/self enhancements.

Ah, that explains why single targeted spells are soooooooooooo much more powerful than their AoE versions.
[+]
 Cerberus.Thongypoo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Thongypoo
By Cerberus.Thongypoo 2011-12-01 10:18:49  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Voidwatch fun:
"It's fire magic"
"not blm"
"not brd"
"not blu"
"Rdm have you tried addle?"
silence...
"nvm, whm try addle"
"I have addle???"

Did ya check out nin spells ? :)
By Creecreelo 2011-12-01 10:23:45  
Voidwatch fun:
"It's fire magic"
"not blm"
"not brd"
"not blu"
"Rdm have you tried addle?"
silence...
"nvm, whm try addle"
"I have addle???"

"Nin, have you tried your spells yet?"
"can anyone loan me tools?"

*fixed
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-12-01 10:35:55  
It's known the ninja always tries last so that he doesn't have to waste tools for nothing(but time can be wasted).
By Creecreelo 2011-12-01 10:39:24  
It's known the ninja always tries last so that he doesn't have to waste tools for nothing(but time can be wasted).

...Or they just try their spells the same time as everyone else? <.<

It's silly not to.
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-12-01 11:01:42  
Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said: »
If you're going to bring up solo potential, don't mention krabkatoa.
It was straight tank solo, not using the wall.
 Bismarck.Azagthothe
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Azagthoth
By Bismarck.Azagthothe 2011-12-01 11:30:09  
I still suspect that when they do the merit overhaul that they might make the existing Group 2 meritable spells available merit free and replace them with new meritable spells like Addle II, Dia IV, etc. Who knows really at this point.
 Shiva.Gib
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-12-01 11:40:44  
Creecreelo said: »
Voidwatch fun:
"It's fire magic"
"not blm"
"not brd"
"not blu"