Dancer Merits?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Dancer Merits?
Dancer Merits?
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-02 12:15:27  
Fenrir.Niniann said: »
Hey guys, let's go turtle fodder mobs. I'll bring my evasion set!
Exactly u.u
 Shiva.Gib
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-12-02 12:15:44  
Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Shiva.Gib said: »
*actually 7 more Breeze Geodes for 2 +3's I refuse to buy them at 20k+*
Seriously. Prices are ridiculous.
Try having to +3 9 elemental kilas, all the major staves and the mab h2h qq
yeah I thank god I was a packrat with geodes and never sold I had like 80 of most of them when the +3's came out

and the only elemental Staff I don't have is the Light Magic Affinity one *did the cure one instead*
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-02 12:15:54  
Actually, after reading through this thread, I have a question. This is for Dynamis only, so keep that in mind.

We're looking at running DNC/---, DNC/---, THF/DNC. Reading what was said about merits, I was thinking of meriting one DNC for pure DD, and balancing the other depending on how rough things can possibly get (which isn't very bad at all so far).

Are there any disagreements that the below merits would be the best for a DNC who will never take damage or never throw heals?

Group 1:
5/5 Haste
5/5 Reverse

Group 2:
5/5 SD
5/5 NFR
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-12-02 12:18:00  
I see so you really aren't pushing the job at all l:
yes, I know i'm not exploiting DNC as the massive DD master it is.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-02 12:18:01  
Actually, after reading through this thread, I have a question. This is for Dynamis only, so keep that in mind.

We're looking at running DNC/---, DNC/---, THF/DNC. Reading what was said about merits, I was thinking of meriting one DNC for pure DD, and balancing the other depending on how rough things can possibly get (which isn't very bad at all so far).

Are there any disagreements that the below merits would be the best for a DNC who will never take damage or never throw heals?

Group 1:
5/5 Haste
5/5 Reverse

Group 2:
5/5 SD
5/5 NFR
5/5 NFR is a little over kill. I recommend putting one into Fan Dance because you never know when you will need it.

I personally use:
Group 1:
5/5 Haste
5/5 Reverse

Group 2:
5/5 SD
1/5 FD
3/5 NFR
1/5 CP
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-02 12:18:35  

Group 1:
5/5 Haste
5/5 Reverse

Group 2:
5/5 SD
5/5 NFR
That looks pretty standard
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-02 12:21:01  
Siren.Thoraeon said: »

Group 1:
5/5 Haste
5/5 Reverse

Group 2:
5/5 SD
5/5 NFR
5/5 NFR is a little over kill. I recommend putting one into Fan Dance because you never know when you will need it.

I personally use:
Group 1:
5/5 Haste
5/5 Reverse

Group 2:
5/5 SD
1/5 FD
3/5 NFR
1/5 CP
Well for pure dd, having to presto step will only slow you down, if you don't have to worry about dying then his setup is fine
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-02 12:21:14  
Off topic, how may people got the Waltz augment for MKD hat?

I love my CHR+6 "Fast Cast"+2 "Waltz" ability delay -2
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-02 12:21:20  

You know there's a general guideline for playing XI properly. If you don't need to be defensive, why in the *** are you being defensive. Killspeed = more currency, more Voidwatch NMs, more everything. You're basically saying that you're too scared of dying (to fodder mobs) to play the job efficiently.

I mean, whatever floats your boat, but don't act like your way is the right way--because it's not. It's not even close.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-02 12:22:15  
Woooosh
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-02 12:22:21  

I've had it since 75, no reason to change it unless you have BST(even then can get BST augment and Waltz augment?) It's not even good for SCH anymore, and assuming the same for other mages.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-02 12:23:14  

You know there's a general guideline for playing XI properly. If you don't need to be defensive, why in the *** are you being defensive. Killspeed = more currency, more Voidwatch NMs, more everything. You're basically saying that you're too scared of dying (to fodder mobs) to play the job efficiently.

I mean, whatever floats your boat, but don't act like your way is the right way--because it's not. It's not even close.

This.

Also, I did the Waltz hat, but I hardly use it. I have everything Walty-related, so I am going to have to figure out what I do with the new 3 potency ring.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-02 12:23:52  

Dnc mains usually have that as a staple unless for someone like me who needs the hat for sch
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-02 12:24:07  

I've had it since 75, no reason to change it unless you have BST(even then can get BST augment and Waltz augment?) It's not even good for SCH anymore, and assuming the same for other mages.
/high5 and people laughed when I got it over a WS head for V.Smite
(have augmented Shura Head +1 which beats the possible MKD augments)
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-12-02 12:25:51  

... you know I don't solo DNC in dynamis, right? I use BST for that, cause it tears ***up, if I do DNC it's to proc *** in which case I use my offensive gear set. Yes, again shocking, I have a Turtle, Offensive and Support gear sets.

I love how everyone is just making general assumptions. I have 11 jobs to 95, I don't use 1 to do every single thing
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-02 12:26:47  
I the 3% rings seems to be inventory-1 byrth
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-02 12:26:51  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Also, I did the Waltz hat, but I hardly use it. I have everything Walty-related, so I am going to have to figure out what I do with the new 3 potency ring.

You could use both rings and almost not need Phurba while still using hat? D: Iono.

/high5 and people laughed when I got it over a WS head for V.Smite
(have augmented Shura Head +1 which beats the possible MKD augments)

The thing about the DNC hat is it's a completely unique stat, which is cool. If you played MNK way more than DNC and Shura Head didn't exist, I would've leaned more towards the VSmite head, but yeah WALTZ HAT GO.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-02 12:27:49  
... you know I don't solo DNC in dynamis, right? I use BST for that, cause it tears ***up, if I do DNC it's to proc *** in which case I use my offensive gear set. Yes, again shocking, I have a Turtle, Offensive and Support gear sets.

I love how everyone is just making general assumptions. I have 11 jobs to 95, I don't use 1 to do every single thing

You already told us what you use DNC for, unless you'd wish to revise your statement. I was just using Dynamis and Voidwatch as examples as to why killspeed is useful.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-02 12:28:35  

Correction 10, you're not even using dnc anymore than you would use it as a subjob
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-02 12:30:31  
Oh, I am trying to go for a good pair of Dance Shoes (4%). Best I have gotten is 3%. I have done the quest a billion times. I think its karma for going 1/1 on Refresh panties.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-02 12:30:39  
I carried around a Dawnsoul Ring until I got the first 3% ring, so it wasn't more of a waste of inventory than that.

2x 3% ring + 10% body + 5% roundel + 4% shoes + 1% plectrum = 26%, so I guess I am still okay unless I forgot something. My Waltz potency build is going to be the one I have to work on (for high tier Waltzes). 7% hat puts me 3% over. Thanks for the arbitrary low cap, SE.

PS. I am still bitter about Dualism Collar one patch after I got Temp to put out (twice in a row)
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-02 12:32:48  
That's true I guess
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-02 12:33:51  
Btw byrth, the 10 agi legs or tumblers for exe
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-02 12:35:26  
idk, I have not looked at it seriously yet. I am hoping Motenten will drop it into his spreadsheet so I don't have to make one.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-02 12:35:52  
Since mods are pretty high on Exe, I'm guessing Ambusher's, but I could be wrong.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-12-02 12:36:17  

Correction 10, you're not even using dnc anymore than you would use it as a subjob
I don't even know have you come to that conclusion
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-02 12:36:58  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
idk, I have not looked at it seriously yet. I am hoping Motenten will drop it into his spreadsheet so I don't have to make one.

Silly Panda, Motenten doesn't update his spreadsheets! :c
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-02 12:37:36  
Idk where I'm gonna get my attack from then besides off handing str kila
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-02 13:25:23