Dancer Merits?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Dancer Merits?
Dancer Merits?
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2011-12-02 10:31:02  
Asura.Sechs said: »
No doubts about group1, still confused about group2.
5/5 closed position for sure, but what about the others?

How exactly do you use Saber Dance and Fan Dance?
Saber when you don't need waltzes to kill stuff faster, and Fan when you have no shadows up and lots of damage incoming?

Fan Dance is useful when you're not /nin and tanking something that hits hard, or if you are /nin and tanking something that's -ga spell heavy.
 Phoenix.Shadowlily
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Emiisuzu
By Phoenix.Shadowlily 2011-12-02 11:01:48  
I went with 5/5 NFR and 5/5 Fan Dance. I have never had an issue with eva or acc enough for me to bother the Closed Position and if a DNC can solo it I guarantee I can do it with that set up. I mostly play small group DNC as Aeolian Edge Burn/extra support/back up tank.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-02 11:05:18  
I use dancer for most things I want to solo, notably Dynamis, and this is what I use:
5/5 Reverse Flourish
5/5 Haste Samba
5/5 Saber Dance
1/5 Fan Dance
3/5 No Foot Rise
1/5 Closed Position

I used to have Saber at 1/5, but now that I made that change, I can nearly full time Saber Dance for solo dynamis.

I never need Fan Dance more than once every 5 minutes because as useful as it is, it only really use it when I grab more mobs than I can comfortably handle (i.e. 4 or 5).

I have 3 rather than 2 for NFR because although people quote Presto and say you only need 2, I miss Presto steps as often as non-Presto steps (something about capped acc, etc, etc). And if I need steps, NFR gives me enough to do both Violent and Wild Flourish for stagger.
 Shiva.Gib
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-12-02 11:06:30  
5/5 Closed position, not even a argument

I personally have 3/5 in No Foot and 2/5 in Fan Dance

I have 3/5 in "No Foot" so I can use that, step, 5 moves, boom.

I dunno there are some DNC's in this game that are disgruntled that they can't be full time WHMs... but imo Fan Dance is AT LEAST 1 if you ever wanna do heavy duty soloing, it's saved my *** so many times it's mind blowing.

Also, Saber Dance is pretty much useless. It was crap before the T3 Flourishes came out, and since them you're basically wasting merit points putting them into that.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-02 11:09:07  
Shiva.Gib said: »
5/5 Closed position, not even a agrument
inserts argument

Also, Saber Dance is pretty much useless. It was crap before the T3 Flourishes came out, and since them you're basically wasting merit points putting them into that.
disagree, DA +20% is a pretty nice thing to have
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-02 11:11:00  
How does that DA affect your TA?
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-12-02 11:11:20  
Siren.Thoraeon said: »
5/5 Saber Dance

1/5 Closed Position

solo dynamis.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-12-02 11:14:32  
5/5 Closed position, not even a agrument
inserts argument

disagree, DA +20% is a pretty nice thing to have
I do agree that attacking alot is nice, hence why I have a Parazonium +3 and I don't have to waste merits on Saber Dance
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-02 11:17:19  
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
I remember there was a discussion about DA/TA a while back. It said they cancelled each other out, but was later proven to be false. What actually happens is QA will overwrite TA will overwrite DA.

Me outside abyssea with Saber up: 43% DA and 3% TA in gear
Due to how they work it actually functions like: 41.7% DA and 3% TA

In abyssea the change is more noticeable.
With Saber up I am at: 43% DA and 18% TA
Which functions as: 35.26% DA and 18% TA

My DNC mostly lives outside abyssea, so I do not mind too much. But it is very noticeable when I use Saber Dance, and the TP gain/DOT provided is amazing.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-02 11:18:12  
I do agree that attacking alot is nice, hence why I have a Parazonium +3 and I don't have to waste merits on Saber Dance
Which Para+3?
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-02 11:21:19  
I remember there was a discussion about DA/TA a while back. It said they cancelled each other out, but was later proven to be false. What actually happens is QA will overwrite TA will overwrite DA.

Me outside abyssea with Saber up: 43% DA and 3% TA in gear
Due to how they work it actually functions like: 41.7% DA and 3% TA

In abyssea the change is more noticeable.
With Saber up I am at: 43% DA and 18% TA
Which functions as: 35.26% DA and 18% TA

My DNC mostly lives outside abyssea, so I do not mind too much. But it is very noticeable when I use Saber Dance, and the TP gain/DOT provided is amazing.
Nice to know. Thanks.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-02 11:24:07  
What the *** am I reading? Did you seriously just ***on saber dance AND say you off hand para?
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-02 11:27:21  
Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
What the *** am I reading? Did you seriously just ***on saber dance AND say you off hand para?
I checked his profile, I think hope he has the DA Para and main hands it. I use the DA Para+3, and I love it.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-02 11:30:08  
I checked his profile, I think hope he has the DA Para and main hands it. I use the DA Para+3, and I love it.
Da para is decent but him trashing on saber then saying he uses that is what's blowing my mind
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-12-02 11:30:15  
I didn't "***" on Saber Dance, it's when it comes down to Closed Position and Saber Dance, Closed Position wins imo.

if I could do 5/5 in all I would :P
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-12-02 11:31:05  
both DA and 2-4... and 2 Killa+3 EVA

I have like about 30 ToM weapons, it's kind of a sickness I have going on :/

*actually 7 more Breeze Geodes for 2 +3's I refuse to buy them at 20k+*
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-02 11:34:20  

Blatantly shitting on it from the looks of it here, and t3 flourishes have nothing to do with it.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-12-02 11:36:21  

Blatantly shitting on it from the looks of it here, and t3 flourishes have nothing to do with it.
yeah, imo useless in compare to the other moves, and the T3's can be used to buff WSs

lol, no idea why you're getting so defensive about Saber Dance :D
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-02 11:43:40  

yeah, imo useless in compare to the other moves, and the T3's can be used to buff WSs

Climactic doesn't affect Da rate, Idk why you would striking, and ternary has a long recast and the boost is negligible if anything saber makes it useless. And other moves such as? As been stated by byrth, its the 4th best offensive ja.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-12-02 11:49:09  

Climactic doesn't affect Da rate, Idk why you would striking, and ternary has a long recast and the boost is negligible if anything saber makes it useless. And other moves such as? As been stated by byrth, its the 4th best offensive ja.
k? I don't use it, and I would rather defensive/self buffing JAs then offensive hence that 'Imo' I keep using. I'd rather use Mega Phalanx and have +15 to Acc and Eva.

As stated by Gib, thats the best way to play DNC
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-02 11:51:53  

That's a little conceited. There is no best way to play dancer. It all comes down to personal preference. For me, my 5/5 Saber Dance has helped me more in dynamis that 5/5 Closed Position did. I have it up nearly full time, and my kill speed is much increased. But I cannot say this is the best method. It just happens to be the best for me.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-02 11:53:08  
You are hopeless :(
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-12-02 11:53:11  

That's a little conceited. There is no best way to play dancer. It all comes down to personal preference. For me, my 5/5 Saber Dance has helped me more in dynamis that 5/5 Closed Position did. I have it up nearly full time, and my kill speed is much increased.
me saying that was a joke you know right :P

and that's why I did the Scanners Gif, just cause I wouldn't think to ever do that, hence the blowing my mind.

I don't care how other people play DNC, as long as you're not a 5/5 Pinkie Abyssea Fad DNC, then we've got a problem -_-
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-02 11:59:42  
What do you solo on dnc gibs
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-12-02 12:04:55  
I generally don't need to cure myself too often. Once procced, I tend to kill most mobs before they unproc. With a 3 min recast on Saber, I can generally reapply it right after I cure. The only times I'll need to lose Saber Dance too early is if I a grab a few too many like 3/4. The only times I will resort to Fan Dance is if I grab 4/5. I can generally handle 4 mobs at once with minor difficulty. 5 is a maybe, but it may get me killed.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-12-02 12:07:03  
Seriously. Prices are ridiculous.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2011-12-02 12:09:28  
well you see, Currently i'm doing ZNMs and crap in sky not as much as an achievement as it was @75 I will say. Also I solo'ed 85-90 and 90-95 on GoV and FoV. it's basically my 'Anti Social Hermit' job. cause I started leveling DNC like once the AF1 for the job came out and people really didn't invite DNC... thats when I found out it was a beast at soloing. Pretty much did 60-75 on Campaign and FoV

Also @80 I solo'ed the 6-4 Airship fight with only getting "hit" by that toxic sludge move

But basically I do solo things were time isn't a huge issue cause that has usually been my motto with DNC, might not be the fastest but I can survive anything

When I do Dynamis I go in with 2-3 people that I always do it with an proc *** *terrible luck with white*
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-02 12:10:08  
Seriously. Prices are ridiculous.
Try having to +3 9 elemental kilas, all the major staves and the mab h2h qq
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-12-02 12:13:27  
well you see, Currently i'm doing ZNMs and crap in sky not as much as an achievement as it was @75 I will say. Also I solo'ed 85-90 and 90-95 on GoV and FoV. it's basically my 'Anti Social Hermit' job. cause I started leveling DNC like once the AF1 for the job came out and people really didn't invite DNC... thats when I found out it was a beast at soloing. Pretty much did 60-75 on Campaign and FoV

Also @80 I solo'ed the 6-4 Airship fight with only getting "hit" by that toxic sludge move

But basically I do solo things were time isn't a huge issue cause that has usually been my motto with DNC, might not be the fastest but I can survive anything

When I do Dynamis I go in with 2-3 people that I always do it with an proc *** *terrible luck with white*
I see so you really aren't pushing the job at all l:
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-12-02 12:13:32  
Hey guys, let's go turtle fodder mobs. I'll bring my evasion set!
[+]