Ninjitsu....... SE Are You Just Not Listening?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninjitsu....... SE are you just not listening?
Ninjitsu....... SE are you just not listening?
First Page 2 3
 Phoenix.Stridentzephon
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Stridentzephon 2011-11-17 12:32:03  
With all the spells setup for the other classes, Why is SE still not listening to us and giving ninja the spells we ask for? And no I'm not talking about Uti. San which should have been giving to use long ago. All the first tier spells that have been around for 60 levels? How can you give BLM SCH RDM BLU SMN WHM even PLD has been giving spells that has helped them not in abyssea, but in the real world. Come on SE if you plan to keep people interested please listen to logic. And yes i have been playing ninja as a main before the era of ninja, so don't say if I can't get by with the spells i have, believe me i do, but its common sense to complete the circle and balance the spells out. Yes the new ninjitsu is useful, but kakka lasts only 1 min. Seriously? Migawari is great, Yurin is great, Myoshu is great but 4 spells in almost 50 levels and 3-4 abilites. Aisha would be great if it did not make the logic that ninja should not be hit. I have spent many fights using this only not to be touched and when i do, it has wore off. Once again i speak of outside abyssea. Its decent of a spell for if we play with a pld as main tank and ninja support tank. All most ninjas as for is complete our tier before moving on to other spells. San spells are decent with gear and support jobs but only way to get them is merits which i have maxed in one catagory in group one and all plus max one in catagory two. Even that way i only see a boost of damage 20-50 depending on what mob I'm attacking and if it isn't a resist.
By volkom 2011-11-17 12:33:13  
you already got uber ninjutsu recently ; ;

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Nevill 2011-11-17 12:37:11  
^ that
 Bismarck.Rosalee
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2011-11-17 12:38:37  
extra shadow from boots not enough?
[+]
By volkom 2011-11-17 12:40:31  
Bismarck.Rosalee said: »
extra shadow from boots not enough?
nope

want moar shadows, that create clones that do damage to the mob.
a useful 2hr, or make the 2hr do more dmg.
melee while casting
a weaponskill thats better than blade: hi
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-11-17 12:40:43  
It is Rosa. Seems some nins just want to be able to afk tank.
[+]
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-11-17 12:44:24  
Hopefully the Relic armor upgradable via Trial of the Magians will enhance/augment Sange in some way :D

I would much rather see a buff to Sange/more Shurikens; rather than more ninjutsu spells.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Stiel
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2011-11-17 12:50:25  
then i wonder why they added tier 5 spells,werent 4 already enough?
Ppl that say ninja already have all they need,its just nonsense.
Mobs level 75 have all at least ni of our most spells,and even some have utsu san.And no,san wont break nothing,since outside new content they adding,everything just ignore and stripe shadows,and nin cant really tank nothing.In abyssea even a pup/brd level 1 can tank whit a brew,so its stupid to talk about it imo ^^
As an added note,nothing can break this game more than it already is XD
 Hades.Ferusio
サーバ: Hades
user: Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2011-11-17 12:55:21  
@ op tl;dr also solid wall of text wtf
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-11-17 12:58:00  
i was sad that we maybe don't get Jubaku:ni but that was all.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shayala
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shayala
By Carbuncle.Shayala 2011-11-17 13:01:42  
Jubaku: Ni and Monomi: Ni are all I would like.
[+]
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-11-17 13:04:07  
idk i thought nin should get a counter,parry, or evasion spell. or even a -delay/dual weild+ spell. not that they need it but it seemed like it would fit.
By AsuraVanzan 2011-11-17 13:19:15  
Carbuncle.Shayala said: »
Jubaku: Ni and Monomi: Ni are all I would like.[/]

Silence and sleep/ga

Oh yeah, CAKE!!!!!!!!
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2011-11-17 13:19:30  
volkom said: »
a weaponskill thats better than blade: hi

what?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-11-17 13:19:47  
Only thing I'd like to see for NIN is for aga and shadow wiping TP moves damage to be reduced by the number of shadows you have remaining.
 Bahamut.Zangada
サーバ: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-11-17 13:26:30  
Jubaku:Ni is my only real problem, not having it at 95 is one is the stupdiest things se has done to nin. We should of had Jubaku:San and Kurayami:San by now instead of more slow semi useful Ichi spells.
[+]
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-11-17 13:31:10  
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Only thing I'd like to see for NIN is for aga and shadow wiping TP moves damage to be reduced by the number of shadows you have remaining.
A piece of equipment with "occasionally AoE spells are absorbed by shadows" would be sexy; It would probably only proc like 5%, but still would be nice.
 Asura.Bonlack
サーバ: Asura
user: Bonlack
By Asura.Bonlack 2011-11-17 13:41:31  
95 Ninja Jubaku: Ichi, LvL 59 Tonberry Jubaki: Ni, Dokumori: Ni. What logic does this make? I wouldgladly give up every shitty San elemental+Sange to get at least Jubaku: Ni as a group 2 merit or buy as a spell. <3 Ninja and its pretty gd powerful but I could do w/o aisha or kakka for at least one or the other.
[+]
 Asura.Bonlack
サーバ: Asura
user: Bonlack
By Asura.Bonlack 2011-11-17 13:44:03  
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
idk i thought nin should get a counter,parry, or evasion spell. or even a -delay/dual weild+ spell. not that they need it but it seemed like it would fit.
We have Yonin(Evasion) Isse w/e JA for parry, wouldnt benefit to much from having spells that do what JA's do already.
 Bahamut.Zellc
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-11-17 13:47:38  
Phoenix.Stridentzephon said: »
How can you give BLM SCH RDM BLU SMN WHM even PLD has been giving spells that has helped them not in abyssea, but in the real world.

lol
[+]
By KothoftheHammer 2011-11-17 13:48:32  
Uts: san would be annoying,
When san's came out i though the casting would be even shorter, but they are not.
Lets hope we get some sick ***from af2 augments
 Kujata.Savain
サーバ: Kujata
user: Savain
By Kujata.Savain 2011-11-17 13:58:11  
Jubaku: San is the only spell they should have released, and even then, it's not imperative. Just because you take an extra two seconds to land a spell doesn't make it any less useful. Learn to time it better, after all, you had to learn to time migawari.

Utsusemi: San was given out with kyahan +2, just not directly. Even so, even if we did have San for 6 shadows at a time, magic would just wipe it, and VW mobs that matter typically take 2-3 shadows a swing anyway.

If we're talking for utility let's first sound lucid and coherent, so people can at least understand the jist of our points.

What does ninja lack harder than any other job for content that matters? MDB. If adding spells, add a magic shield, something that either bypasses the 50% MDT cap, or something that adds direct MDB as most of the gear available for NIN is either DT or MDT, and without using Oupire's katana fulltime, or questing one MDB katana offhand, NIN caps at twilight torque / merman's earring x2 / Merman's rings x2 (alternatively higher MDT dark rings, but, good luck getting one you'd keep), Lamia Mantle +1, & Denali Gloves. Even with that gear, a good TP move > spell, or vice versa, and you have a dead ninja.

They added Kakka: Ichi to fix the TP loss/hit for DW. We already swing fast enough, and there just isn't a point to adding more other than "I want 100-katana".

Phalanx, stoneskin, aquaveil are all alternative spells for NIN that would help them tank higher level VW stuff, especially if stoneskin was on the same recast as say Ichi.

A ninjutsu that follows the rules of baramnesia but actually works to negate the effect also works for monsters like Kaggen who would kill you instantly after amnesiaing / silencing you.

A ninjutsu that follows the rules of barsilena, but actually works.

A healing ninjutsu even.

See? All are viable options that, depending on recast, would not break or change the game as it is, other than giving NIN a standing chance to be asked to tank some of the current end game content.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-11-17 13:59:51  
All I see is a wall of text, didnt even bother reading it.
[+]
 Kujata.Savain
サーバ: Kujata
user: Savain
By Kujata.Savain 2011-11-17 14:11:58  
Valuable input
 Fenrir.Kendraian
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Boondo15
By Fenrir.Kendraian 2011-11-17 14:50:55  
Quote:
How can you give BLM SCH RDM BLU SMN WHM even PLD has been giving spells that has helped them not in abyssea

PLD doesnt need to be in this category u named.. PLD was dealt a major hit with abyssea.

In defense of PLD, we only got ProV/ShellIV (>_> when we dnt have a WHM to do it for the party) Enlight and Phalanx (amazing) and some pretty eh JA's
[+]
By Raborn 2011-11-17 15:31:40  
I say give NIN Uts: San.
Make its casting time higher than Ni, but less than Ichi. Recast higher than both.
Give San the same amount of shadows as Ni, give it the ability to override moves that go through shadows and absorb aoe magic. (x shadows per aoe move cast on the target, 1 for through moves((unless AOE type, then 2))) Other than that it functions the same as ichi or ni.
Or better yet make it share a recast with Ni and Ichi and increase the shadow count to 7. (8 w/ boots). ((also increase the San recast to that higher than both Ichi and Ni when their timers are reset)).

<x=1 / aga
x=2 / aga II
x=3 / aga III
x= 4 / aga IV
x = 5 / aja
damage reduction is based on the number of shadows remaining so lets say you have 4 shadows left and an aja hits you, you'd take 1/5 of the damage from the spell (4 shadows took 4/5 of the damage)
ability / trait based aoe like from ancient magic and other misc spells are counted as an aga II type from san unless deemed AMII then they are counted as aga III>
Makes it kind of interesting and opens up magic tanking capabilities for ninja.

Or simply give ninja an ability that allows their shadows to absorb aoe magic for a period of time while limiting their abilities in another area.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-11-17 16:01:15  
Carbuncle.Shayala said: »
Jubaku: Ni and Monomi: Ni are all I would like.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-11-17 16:11:21  
Raborn said: »
I say give NIN Uts: San.
Make its casting time higher than Ni, but less than Ichi. Recast higher than both.
Give San the same amount of shadows as Ni, give it the ability to override moves that go through shadows and absorb aoe magic. (x shadows per aoe move cast on the target, 1 for through moves((unless AOE type, then 2))) Other than that it functions the same as ichi or ni.
Or better yet make it share a recast with Ni and Ichi and increase the shadow count to 7. (8 w/ boots). ((also increase the San recast to that higher than both Ichi and Ni when their timers are reset)).

<x=1 / aga
x=2 / aga II
x=3 / aga III
x= 4 / aga IV
x = 5 / aja
damage reduction is based on the number of shadows remaining so lets say you have 4 shadows left and an aja hits you, you'd take 1/5 of the damage from the spell (4 shadows took 4/5 of the damage)
ability / trait based aoe like from ancient magic and other misc spells are counted as an aga II type from san unless deemed AMII then they are counted as aga III>
Makes it kind of interesting and opens up magic tanking capabilities for ninja.

Or simply give ninja an ability that allows their shadows to absorb aoe magic for a period of time while limiting their abilities in another area.
I don't think SE is gunna go for that. Nin has a weakness in AOEs and I'm pretty certain they said they intend to keep it that way as an offset for their skill at dealing with single target attacks and magic.

Also, if they give nin another utsu spell, they would probably make it share a timer with one of the other spells. Having 3 different spells they can use to get shadows is just too powerful. You'd not have to worry about not having shadows up.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-11-17 16:11:58  
Fenrir.Gradd said: »
All I see is a wall of text, didnt even bother reading it.

I skipped the OP and read Posts #2 and #3, told me all I needed to know.
[+]
First Page 2 3