Ninjitsu....... SE Are You Just Not Listening?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninjitsu....... SE are you just not listening?
Ninjitsu....... SE are you just not listening?
 Shiva.Haptic
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Haptic
By Shiva.Haptic 2011-11-17 16:26:59  
bro, monomi ni would break the game... Imagine how fast ninjas would cast sneak...
 Leviathan.Phenomena
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-11-17 16:42:12  
i would lollike a spell that put enemies to sleep... i mean why not?

if they want throwing to be used,, then make darts with status effects.
sleep,para,poison,att/def down darts... that would be nice.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-11-17 16:50:23  
Just let us throw bolts... Or give us a relic like x-bow or boomerang ;p SAM is on bow, why can't NIN be tossed onto the Mythic x-bow?
 Asura.Perrymason
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Perrymason 2011-11-17 16:51:28  
Didn't SE originally design NIN to be a DD and not a tank?
 Asura.Werdxi
サーバ: Asura
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2011-11-17 16:57:11  
this takes me back to rdms and schs asking for cureV. if you want a job that has "said move" level that job. thats why theres 20.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-11-17 17:08:44  
i always thought DRK should get cureV. it will happen!

And why would you want nin to be on mythic xbow? if anything they would add nin to a gun. i dont know why we cant use emp gun D: (granted makes more sense for a nin to have xbow than a gun)
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-11-17 17:16:41  
Gun would be fun, but then I wouldn't be able to spam bloody/sleep/acid bolts lol.

Or the best situation, Give us the gun, and let us throw bolts.

And then make a relic-like boomerang for nin/thf/dnc/blu.

Also abolish/delete sange, or make it not wipe shadows and a stupid recast, even w/ full merits. Pointless, fun but not practical, which makes it just a disappointment.

edit: For real though, I would be happy with jubaku: ni and monomi: ni.

Although some sort of consistent /ra option would be nice for ninja. Granted we have the wheel, and it is good DoT. But the best spike for /ma we have right now is Futae, which has a bit of a recast, maybe T3 merits will surprise us.

You can bet I will drop Futae recast asap if that becomes and option.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
サーバ: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-11-17 17:28:55  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
that would be pretty cool actually. a relic/empy throwing weapon that gives a weaponskill. sadly pup and nin have the highest throwing though lol but still, would be fun. Definitely something I'd pursue if it was made
Don't remind me, this has always bugged me to no end. WHY SE?! WHY DO WE NEED THROWING SKILL?!
 Ragnarok.Stiel
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2011-11-17 17:32:37  
The main point is; Why SE let blm whm and pratically every other jobs get their spells upgraded,but not the NIN? Monomi ichi is a lvl 25 spell,not that would be all that good to have a better sneak,but we do get tonko ni,which is not only faster casting,but last longher,and is very nice. Since every job get upgrades to their spells,and mobs nin get theirs,why nin shouldnt?
I dont think having a monomi:san would break the game seriously,would just be a normal advancement of the level of the job.
To call it fair,most the ninjutsu should get ni upgrades,and some san upgrades,following the level they become available to the nin.
If we compare the blm to the nin,by 99 a ninja should have all of the old ninjutsu upgraded to san,and some of the new spell they added,upgraded to ni. It's not a balance matter,just common sense

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Gunshy
サーバ: Siren
user: Siryn
By Siren.Gunshy 2011-11-17 17:35:30  
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
that would be pretty cool actually. a relic/empy throwing weapon that gives a weaponskill. sadly pup and nin have the highest throwing though lol but still, would be fun. Definitely something I'd pursue if it was made
Don't remind me, this has always bugged me to no end. WHY SE?! WHY DO WE NEED THROWING SKILL?!

They know pups be throwing their automatons at mobs in a rage when they begin casting the wrong spell.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-11-17 17:36:09  
Personally, I like nin's crit ammo so I'm not terribly worried about ranged options. The only thing I'd use ranged items for on other jobs is pulling and for nin, I just use a quick Ni spell to do that and it doesn't aggro magic so no problems.

If nin actually had decent throwing ability, damage or ws or something then nins would get to carry probably 20 more pieces of gear such as a ranged acc set and ranged attack and screw that.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
サーバ: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-11-17 17:48:41  
I read the OP's post and I just could not stop laughing.

SE is still stuck in the preserving "balance" on jobs. Apparently to SE adding Jubaku:Ni/San would break that balance. There was a post somewhere about questions people asked on the official forums and one was about adding higher tier spells and SE was like "lolno".
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-11-17 18:03:28  
how about a spell that causes the enemy to have a 5% chance to have a seizure and become broken for 10 seconds? >.> /sarcasm
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-11-17 18:06:26  
new spell. Dutch Rutter Ichi.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Otomis 2011-11-17 18:09:40  
Carbuncle.Shayala said: »
Jubaku: Ni and Monomi: Ni are all I would like.

That is about all I would really like to see as well mate.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2011-11-17 18:13:05  
mikaihatsu: Ichi - increases att, haste, and tp gain while back is facing enemy.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aramachus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aramachus
By Bahamut.Aramachus 2011-11-18 07:47:17  
Ragnarok.Stiel said: »
then i wonder why they added tier 5 spells,werent 4 already enough?
Ppl that say ninja already have all they need,its just nonsense.
Mobs level 75 have all at least ni of our most spells,and even some have utsu san.And no,san wont break nothing,since outside new content they adding,everything just ignore and stripe shadows,and nin cant really tank nothing.In abyssea even a pup/brd level 1 can tank whit a brew,so its stupid to talk about it imo ^^
As an added note,nothing can break this game more than it already is XD

so instead of fixing the game balance just destroy it completely is your point by adding utsu:san? if SE added that they had to make sure no NM that remotely matters is tankable by shadows anymore which would be pretty sad for ninja and I bet every ninja in the game would become angry about SE even though they eventually got their precious utsu:san.
also you miss the point that SE designed ninjutsu damage to scale with ninjutsu skill however elemental magic doesnt scale with elemental skill so naturally higher elemental tiers are necessary, ninjutsu elemental tiers are not, ninjutsu damage is an issue of adjusting the ninjutsu skill influence in the formula.
 Leviathan.Blevien
user: Blev
By Leviathan.Blevien 2011-11-18 07:54:16  
Otomis said: »

That is about all I would really like to see as well mate.

this is all NIN really needs atm. utsu: san WOULD make us way overpowered and anybody who thinks differently obviously doesn't know how to play the job to it's full potential.
[+]
 Phoenix.Cengeal
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tenzenkai
By Phoenix.Cengeal 2011-11-18 08:09:54  
Like many others before me, I will say that Jubaku: Ni and Monomi: Ni would be great for NIN and I severely doubt those two spells would break the job in anyway. With the addition of Empryean+2 feet, NIN really doesn't need Utsusemi: San. Something that would maybe be nice is a way to make Innin useful when facing the mob face to face. That JA is seriously underestimated, but can rarely be used. One thing I would love to see is a way to enhance nuke damage, maybe at the sacrifice of weakened melee damage and increased delay. Possibly some form of MAB, or something like Futae to increase the potency/duration of Enfeebles. Or maybe just more natural nuking gear, because if I try to bring a set with me, I have absolutely no space.
 Leviathan.Blevien
user: Blev
By Leviathan.Blevien 2011-11-18 08:13:49  
Phoenix.Cengeal said: »
Like many others before me, I will say that Jubaku: Ni and Monomi: Ni would be great for NIN and I severely doubt those two spells would break the job in anyway. With the addition of Empryean+2 feet, NIN really doesn't need Utsusemi: San. Something that would maybe be nice is a way to make Innin useful when facing the mob face to face. That JA is seriously underestimated, but can rarely be used. One thing I would love to see is a way to enhance nuke damage, maybe at the sacrifice of weakened melee damage and increased delay. Possibly some form of MAB, or something like Futae to increase the potency/duration of Enfeebles. Or maybe just more natural nuking gear, because if I try to bring a set with me, I have absolutely no space.

innin adds 30% MAB when attacking from behind, but it decays to about 10% at end of recast timer. would be nice if we had gear to augment innin so you didn't have to stay behind enemies to get the effect
 Bismarck.Luces
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-11-18 08:13:52  
Ummm I would gladly give up every new spell rdm got in exchange for any of ninjas new spells. RDM got nothing to work outside abyssea, did you see our next spell??? gravity 2... since 80%+ of nms are already immune to gravity let me tell you how awesome that spell sounds
[+]
 Ragnarok.Athina
user: Athina
By Ragnarok.Athina 2011-11-18 08:25:32  
 Ragnarok.Stiel
user: Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2011-11-18 09:06:45  
@Aramachus shadows are useless in vw,so you can have utsu 10,doesnt matter when there are nm that ignore and stripe shadows even whit just normal melee hit XD
Anyway i dont care about utsu san,but many other spells that are left at ichi stage is just stupid.
In this game balance doesnt exist,because SE still thinks we are @ 75 cap,just trowing some new random crap doesnt change stuffs,make me think they dont want to make much difference to preserve old 75 content still challenging,instead of making new ones :P
 Phoenix.Stridentzephon
By Phoenix.Stridentzephon 2011-11-18 13:10:08  
Before i catch up with my own post. Serious guys read the statement. I said nothing about Utu. San. Personally 3 and 4 shadows where more then enough for a Sub-tank to main tank job if given the correct mobs. I say if only to prove the fact that if you play ninja and have merited the skills and full time it to know and understand that outside abyssea on real mobs shadows are shadows that even with capped evasion and merits and gear of gets us so far. I perfer to have other jobs tank and DD which i do quite often and have all +2 and all but 1 or 2 items for my ninja beside Emp Myt or Relic weapons. I and a few other ninjas I know like the logic of giving us it on our boots that effect both 1st tier and 2nd tier Utusami. But its not really what we asked for. On real mobs its casting time. and macroing gear swaping and such to achive the broken system is simply put broken. Metor given example for BLM is great damage based not to mention mana wall. PLD given enlightment, holy boost, shield mastery a spell that further enhances the ability then repraisal. Once again i will state get out of abyssea and see how well Ninja performs compared to other jobs. I'm not saying it cant be done with the right gear nor am i asking for more shadows, thats the last thing i really want. As stated in the post its about completing the tier of spells and making our merit group more then a 3rd tier spell that if we want all of them we have to divide our merits and lose out on 2 useful merit choices. Sauge is a great ability but most do not choice it because using current trends we would have to not choice san spells and pick up this and ninja tool expert to even play the job to even make it useful during events. Another road is to acquire all the san spells and choice one of the other two useful traits for nin or both at a lower value on each which is the route I choice because it gives me the third tier and a add on spell when physical damage is not possible. The iga legs are great not for the extra shadow but the given stats for dd which could be swapped out for usukane. Once again keep utusami out of the factors and i speak of the other 3 spells all ninjas say we should have learned by this time and that are clearly in the game. As for ninja getting a overhaul already, Ninja did not get a "Major" boost but only increased the base damage of ninjitsu which still is no where near what other magic damage is. In abyssea its decent with the correct atma, and yes i do understand about balance of the class so not to override other classes but isn't that what all other jobs are doing at the moment? And thats with out weapons thrown in the mix.I played ninja way before abyssea and will continue to play it til the game ends or i find something better, all i ask is for them to look at the way ninjitsu is done and correct it.

Change Sans spells to aquirible not via merits and give use something like idk a throwing weapons skill that is based off TP. OR a parrying merit ability, or a true shadow clone ability that would split our hp but give us a identical clone that does damage but has half hp and attack speed where we suffer only a 50%hp lose to balance it out. Something tho.

Complete the tier of spells for ninja before giving us new spells or none at all.

And Last but not least STOP GIVING US SHADOW SPELLS OR WAYS TO IMPROVE SHADOW SPELLS. Its enough to make people lazy with just blink tanking, It may be good but look how the game is now. NiN/MNK is great and better with yonin and counterstance.
 Phoenix.Stridentzephon
By Phoenix.Stridentzephon 2011-11-18 13:16:03  
And yes ask people on my server i have sets for almost ever anything. I use ninjitsu to kill mobs that ninja/dancer would be easier to do but perfer to play it ninja style. I love nin/rdm better then all my sub classes next to nin/mnk cause it gives me many ways to play and has me try out some combos to see its weakness.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
サーバ: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-11-18 13:17:14  
Phoenix.Stridentzephon said: »

Change Sans spells to aquirible not via merits and give use something like idk a throwing weapons skill that is based off TP. OR a parrying merit ability, or a true shadow clone ability that would split our hp but give us a identical clone that does damage but has half hp and attack speed where we suffer only a 50%hp lose to balance it out. Something tho.

Complete the tier of spells for ninja before giving us new spells or none at all.

And Last but not least STOP GIVING US SHADOW SPELLS OR WAYS TO IMPROVE SHADOW SPELLS. Its enough to make people lazy with just blink tanking, It may be good but look how the game is now. NiN/MNK is great and better with yonin and counterstance.

Is all I saw.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-11-18 13:18:30  
Siren.Kunimatsu said: »
Phoenix.Stridentzephon said: »

Is all I saw.

nice mug shot of a ninja
[+]