RDM Is Still Sexy.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM is still sexy.
RDM is still sexy.
 Cerberus.Vaness
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-30 10:09:11  
I'm stuck between being impressed or not, Crap tons of Jobs could solo this in alot less time.And I tend to not being impressed by solos in Abyssea due to how easy stuff can be with atmas and temp items.

Gratz if it was a huge accomplishment for you.
[+]
 Fenrir.Surgator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: blade4
By Fenrir.Surgator 2011-10-30 15:31:57  
I Realy do need to know the name of the song in your video...... i watch like the video 3-4 time just for the music...so i do NEED THAT SONG!
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-10-30 15:49:30  
Cerberus.Vaness said: »
I'm stuck between being impressed or not, Crap tons of Jobs could solo this in alot less time.And I tend to not being impressed by solos in Abyssea due to how easy stuff can be with atmas and temp items.

Lots of people congratulate others on getting pieces of gear, congratulating them on spending hours killing repetitiously.

I can appreciate solos or lowmans because it's making use of the gear you've fought long and hard for. So to me, saying grats for full +2 empyrean gear, but not for doing something with your gear that maybe no other person of your same job has done before(that is worth congratulating), is kind of odd. I tend to lean towards wanting to congratulate people for making use of the gear they've worked hard for, not just for obtaining the gear itself. And even if people have done it before, I still enjoy watching the videos and seeing how they did it.

Maybe it's just me. I was also genuinely impressed with the WAR solo'ing Turul.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-10-30 15:54:38  
yeah, IMO soloing or duoing is one of the only fun and challenging things left in this game. With enough people you're often designated a very simple task, and it never feels like an accomplishment. I like knowing that if I make one simple mistake, maybe in timing a healing breath or stun, im ***.
[+]
 Bismarck.Eburo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-10-30 15:59:06  
Friend of mine posted on GW duoing the T3 VNM for the Bastok region on RDM today. :)
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-10-30 16:10:40  
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
yeah, IMO soloing or duoing is one of the only fun and challenging things left in this game. With enough people you're often designated a very simple task, and it never feels like an accomplishment. I like knowing that if I make one simple mistake, maybe in timing a healing breath or stun, im ***.
Don't forget about PvP. I know most of the FFXI community hates PvP, or they've never done and don't want to give it a try. However if you're lucky enough to find some people who are really good at PvP it can be an insane challenge; One tiny little mistake and you're done for.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-30 16:45:12  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

Lots of people congratulate others on getting pieces of gear, congratulating them on spending hours killing repetitiously.

I can appreciate solos or lowmans because it's making use of the gear you've fought long and hard for. So to me, saying grats for full +2 empyrean gear, but not for doing something with your gear that maybe no other person of your same job has done before(that is worth congratulating), is kind of odd. I tend to lean towards wanting to congratulate people for making use of the gear they've worked hard for, not just for obtaining the gear itself. And even if people have done it before, I still enjoy watching the videos and seeing how they did it.

I'm not exacly sure why you quote me, maybe I'm being retard, but what you say have absolutly no link with what I said x.x
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-10-30 16:47:43  

So if it's so easy, where are all of your solos?
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-10-30 16:51:22  
Bahamut.Raenryong said: »

Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-30 16:52:08  

I'm not that much of an attention ***, not so much the kind running around screaming about it/posting pictures to be honest but I did solo Turul as dnc for my own loki.

Also the post didn't intend to insult anyone
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-30 16:52:57  
Phoenix.Fredjan said: »

;D if only VW didnt ate all my cruors D:
 Fenrir.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-30 16:54:39  
Odin.Upbeat said: »
Don't forget about PvP. I know most of the FFXI community hates PvP, or they've never done and don't want to give it a try. However if you're lucky enough to find some people who are really good at PvP it can be an insane challenge; One tiny little mistake and you're done for.

My only issue with XI PvP is that I've been spoiled by WoW. Yes, XI PvP can be challenging, and it is fun, but it's not as balanced and well thought out as other games. Only a handful of jobs do exceptionally well depending on the level bracket.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-10-30 16:56:27  
?
A fight between the two of you would be so badass to watch. <.<
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-10-30 17:06:21  

I'm not exacly sure why you quote me, maybe I'm being retard, but what you say have absolutly no link with what I said x.x

What I'm saying is that "grats if this was an accomplishment for you" doesn't make any sense at all.

Quote:
Congratulations is an expression of joy in the success or good fortune of another.

You say "grats", yet you express no joy whatsoever: "I tend to not being impressed by solos in Abyssea due to how easy stuff can be with atmas and temp items".

I just don't understand how people can congratulate others on toiling away to get a relic or empyrean, but then shy away from congratulating them over using their acquired items to do cool stuff. That's the link.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-10-30 17:06:34  
Fenrir.Niniann said: »

My only issue with XI PvP is that I've been spoiled by WoW. Yes, XI PvP can be challenging, and it is fun, but it's not as balanced and well thought out as other games. Only a handful of jobs do exceptionally well depending on the level bracket.

Yeah, FFXI PvP is not balanced in the least.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-10-30 17:08:14  
And Raen is still a perv
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-10-30 17:10:05  
healthy interest != perverted :(
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-30 17:13:11  

You say "grats", yet you express no joy whatsoever: "I tend to not being impressed by solos in Abyssea due to how easy stuff can be with atmas and temp items".

I just don't understand how people can congratulate others on toiling away to get a relic or empyrean, but then shy away from congratulating them over using their acquired items to do cool stuff. That's the link.
I said congratulation because even if it's not an accomplishment to me, it might be for him and I have no right to crush his dream because I have a different opinion.

Didn't though it was bad.

I have no idea what toiling mean thoughs, wich completly block me from understanding your second argument.
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-10-30 17:17:05  
?
A fight between the two of you would be so badass to watch. <.<
I wish we could, too bad we're on different servers =/
 Bahamut.Nixak
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2011-10-30 17:18:16  
I have no idea what toiling mean thoughs, wich completly block me from understanding your second argument.

Toiling
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-30 17:20:12  
Bahamut.Nixak said: »

Toiling
did that already and I cannot understand the meanings at all
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-30 17:22:41  
I just don't understand how people can congratulate others on toiling(having a hard time getting a relic/empyrean?) away to get a relic or empyrean, but then shy away from congratulating them over using their acquired items to do cool stuff. That's the link.

why it doesnt make sense to me, more I read the sentences more I @_@
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-10-30 17:24:48  
Toiling is basically working hard. Typically in bad conditions. In this case the emphasis would be on how tedious (repetitive and drawn out) getting a Relic or Emp can be.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-30 17:30:16  
Ok so mahayaya is mad because I congratulate the guy even if it's not an accomplishment for me?Am I getting this right?I wasn't shying away from anything.
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2011-10-30 17:31:04  
Let's blame it on the language barrier and move along.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-10-30 17:32:45  
I just don't understand how people can congratulate others on... having a hard time getting a relic/empyrean..., but then don't congratulate them over using their acquired items to do cool stuff. That's the link.
that makes more sense.
edit: or at least that's how I read it <.<
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-30 17:37:00  
I just don't understand how people can congratulate others on... having a hard time getting a relic/empyrean..., but then don't congratulate them over using their acquired items to do cool stuff. That's the link.
that makes more sense.
edit: or at least that's how I read it <.<
I should have quoted because it's not from me but yeah that way it make sense, ty fred
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-10-30 17:41:58  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
Whatever happened to just being happy for the dude

Just say grats and move along, asshats

Why? It isn't impressive and the fact that it's being pawned off as a reason that "RDM is still sexy" is silly.

Not my video, but am impressed:

RDM solo Yaanei. Uploaded 7 months ago, too, so it's definitely below 95(maybe even 90?).

This one is impressive. 7 months ago would be 85 or 90, I don't remember tbh. Even at 95 that's rather good.
Grats to them too, but what's the difference?

and level caps being an argument is kind of a shitty one anyways
[+]