/drk Has Hidden TH1?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » /drk has hidden TH1?
/drk has hidden TH1?
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Dramanue
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-04-22 01:28:11  
I've been farming for quite some time now and have come to notice that whenever I sub /Drk on my Rdm, I seem to get more drops, and at the same time, rare drops. After a while, I decided to switch to /Blm for the Warp thinking that it was only my luck, but when I returned to the same farming spot, I noticed that my drops had, well, dropped dramatically to the point that I was rarely if ever getting anything aside from a crystal or two. With /drk, I had received two coffer keys in a row (which were both immediately tossed since I had received one in an earlier run), and rare scrolls on nearly every other kill.

Could /drk possibly have a hidden Treasure Hunter effect or am I just getting lucky with the drop rates?

Anyone else noticing such drops?
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-22 01:35:34  
Kill 1000 mobs with /drk and 1000 mobs w/o /drk. Post your results and I'll let you know.
[+]
 Ramuh.Konoko
サーバ: Ramuh
user: lnick
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-04-22 01:48:21  
Kill 10000 mobs with /drk and 10000 mobs w/o /drk. Post your results and I'll let you know.
[+]
 Remora.Kindle
サーバ: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2009-04-22 01:48:57  
Compare /thf kill 100

/drk kill 100

/blm kill 100
[+]
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-22 01:54:07  
Kill 1000000 mobs with /drk and 1000000 w/o /drk. Post your results and I'll let you know.
 Siren.Enko
サーバ: Siren
user: enko
By Siren.Enko 2009-04-22 02:00:17  
No
[+]
 Phoenix.Miemo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-04-22 02:45:48  
Dramanue said:
I've been farming for quite some time now and have come to notice that whenever I sub /Drk on my Rdm, I seem to get more drops, and at the same time, rare drops. After a while, I decided to switch to /Blm for the Warp thinking that it was only my luck, but when I returned to the same farming spot, I noticed that my drops had, well, dropped dramatically to the point that I was rarely if ever getting anything aside from a crystal or two. With /drk, I had received two coffer keys in a row (which were both immediately tossed since I had received one in an earlier run), and rare scrolls on nearly every other kill.

Could /drk possibly have a hidden Treasure Hunter effect or am I just getting lucky with the drop rates?

Anyone else noticing such drops?

I blame the moon phase!
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-22 02:47:27  
I blame Global Warming c.c
 Asura.Krebons
サーバ: Asura
user: Krebons
By Asura.Krebons 2009-04-22 02:59:50  
6 letters

l
o
l
d
r
k
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-22 04:39:40  
Enternius said:
I blame Global Warming c.c
 Titan.Xanakali
サーバ: Titan
user: Xanakali
By Titan.Xanakali 2009-04-22 05:02:50  
Kill 100000000 mobs with /drk and 100000000 without /drk.

Post your results in the form of spreadsheets with screenshots of the chatlogs for each drop and I'll let you know.
 Midgardsormr.Katashuro
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sephyrus
By Midgardsormr.Katashuro 2009-04-22 05:33:15  
All this trolling and not a single useful post beside Miemo and Enko. You guys sure are pathetic.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-04-22 05:35:59  
Katashuro said:
All this trolling and not a single useful post beside Miemo and Enko. You guys sure are pathetic.

Fine!

DRK does not have TH. It was all luck (can mostly be blamed on moon phase).

Go /THF next time you want to farm ***.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
サーバ: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-04-22 06:06:08  
No, /DRK doesn't have hidden Treasure Hunter.
[+]
 Sylph.Ranok
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ranock
By Sylph.Ranok 2009-04-22 06:53:23  
The moon loves playing tricks on you
For Valhalla!
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-22 06:54:38  
I always thought I was getting a lot more drops when I was levelling Samurai, than levelling any other job. It's ridiculous, of course, I wasn't; your mind is playing tricks on you, or this:

Ranok said:
The moon loves playing tricks on you
For Valhalla!
[+]
 Fenrir.Dramanue
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Dramanue
By Fenrir.Dramanue 2009-04-22 08:11:16  
Yes, I thought it might've been the moonphase as well, but the fact of the matter was that I had switched jobs during the same moonphase. This has happened to me multiple times throughout the years when I'd sub Drk. I'm not exactly saying that Drk has a hidden Treasure Hunter ability, but perhaps each character has a hidden Luck attribute (such as in Final Fantasy 1) which could be determined by different factors such as sub, items equipped, food eaten (4 Leaf Mandragora? Even those things have their own superstitious attributes), and other such factors. It is also possible that players who have "luck" issues can be "fixed" by seeking out the combination that works best for them. It may not be that drk has a treasure hunter feature at all, but the fact remains that in five-odd years of playing, I've never received as many drops as I do when I sub drk. I've tried thf before to really no difference, yet drk always seems to grant me that little bit of luck that I may need. Again, the job switching occurred during the same moonphase, so it may be something else. The game has hundreds of superstitions, we can't just ignorant of any possibilities. If required, I'll take up the task of killing 100 or even 1000 monsters as per requested in previous posts, although I'm sure they were in jest.
 Phoenix.Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-04-22 08:16:26  
Speaking of luck, Anyone else keep the 4-Leaf, Rabbit Tail and the lucky egg in their inv at all times? XD Cause I do. Is superstision according to facts im sure, but you never know!
 Valefor.Ghuda
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-04-22 08:17:31  
I farm as /thf alot and notice a lot more drops than if i sub /sam or /nin

i dont think there is a hidden affect
 Asura.Xedal
user:
By Asura.Xedal 2009-04-22 08:34:08
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Miemo said:
Speaking of luck, Anyone else keep the 4-Leaf, Rabbit Tail and the lucky egg in their inv at all times? XD Cause I do. Is superstision according to facts im sure, but you never know!

SE said ages ago, that none of them increase drop rates. =P
Of course, I carry a "Lucky Subligar" with me, so I can't say much. <.<;
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-04-22 08:35:17  
Dramanue said:
Yes, I thought it might've been the moonphase as well, but the fact of the matter was that I had switched jobs during the same moonphase. This has happened to me multiple times throughout the years when I'd sub Drk. I'm not exactly saying that Drk has a hidden Treasure Hunter ability, but perhaps each character has a hidden Luck attribute (such as in Final Fantasy 1) which could be determined by different factors such as sub, items equipped, food eaten (4 Leaf Mandragora? Even those things have their own superstitious attributes), and other such factors. It is also possible that players who have "luck" issues can be "fixed" by seeking out the combination that works best for them. It may not be that drk has a treasure hunter feature at all, but the fact remains that in five-odd years of playing, I've never received as many drops as I do when I sub drk. I've tried thf before to really no difference, yet drk always seems to grant me that little bit of luck that I may need. Again, the job switching occurred during the same moonphase, so it may be something else. The game has hundreds of superstitions, we can't just ignorant of any possibilities. If required, I'll take up the task of killing 100 or even 1000 monsters as per requested in previous posts, although I'm sure they were in jest.

Just out of curiosity, as /drk it took you less time to kill the mobs?
In my opinion (I dont know if it is true) but the less time you spend killing a mob, the best chance to get a drop. I notice this when farming the eyes in Ifrit's Cauldron. I took quiet a time to kill one Hecteyes, as so, i wasnt getting the drop (As THF with TH3). Then I came with a friend, Me as THF she as DNC and we got the Drop easily. I don't know if it is because we kill it faster or else. But i came to think that taking long to kill something, slowly lowers the drop rate. Just my opinion.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-04-22 09:06:11  
My BLM has a hidden TH effect!!
 Kujata.Houshisama
サーバ: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-04-22 09:08:31  
just because 2 things happen at once doesnt mean direct correlation. theres a ton of unknown variables....... including dumb luck / chance whatever you want to call it. if you were curious enough, test it under stable moon phase and report large testing #s and if theres a % increase maybe w/e i lost interest already.

thf go
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-04-22 09:31:32  
Miemo said:

Sigh. :P
 Phoenix.Miemo
By Phoenix.Miemo 2009-04-22 09:32:32  
whaaaaat :D /blush
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-22 09:46:17  
<.< I turned into a meme. ok maybe not a meme, but yeah.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-22 09:48:01  
According to someone in my social linkshell, Mijin Gakure has a hidden TH effect. Sad thing is they're being serious /facepalm
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2009-04-22 09:51:00  
oh, just like taking off your pants before opening a chest? or killing a mob with Tachi: Koki, right?
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-04-22 09:53:30  
Quipto said:
oh, just like taking off your pants before opening a chest? or killing a mob with Tachi: Koki, right?

THF kill, THF party kill, no magic kill, no weaponskill kill, etc.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-22 10:16:55  
NO SMN KILL
First Page 2