フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Melee RDM
Melee RDM
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Leviathan.Dodu
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-08 11:44:12  
When any of you can put a dent in Hahava, Celeano, or Voidwrought, get back to me.

Melee is one aspect of a multifaceted job, but its not a relevant aspect in any serious event. RDM has extremely minor melee oriented abilities for the very same reason that DRK has minor enfeebling abilities: job lore. Nobody wants a DRK enfeebling during anything that matters.
 Fenrir.Kendraian
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Boondo15
By Fenrir.Kendraian 2011-09-08 11:44:22  
Is it not similar to enlight/endark where it takes the divine/dark magic skill from the point it was used? If so you could macro in enhancing spells. And i agree tbh the only job i put my all into is DRK and PLD and its all i really know lmaoo
 Fenrir.Kendraian
user: Boondo15
By Fenrir.Kendraian 2011-09-08 11:46:13  
Leviathan.Dodu said: »
When any of you can put a dent in Hahava, Celeano, or Voidwrought, get back to me.

Melee is one aspect of a multifaceted job, but its not a relevant aspect in any serious event. RDM has extremely minor melee oriented abilities for the very same reason that DRK has minor enfeebling abilities: job lore. Nobody wants a DRK enfeebling during anything that matters.
We all already agreed that RDM melee isnt optimal lol
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-08 11:47:16  
Bismarck.Luces said: »
No rdm mellee is not atrocious against high lvl content if you gear right.

Begs to differ
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-09-08 11:58:38  
Lord almighty...

Why is everyone so obsessed with pointing out the obvious to those who can already see it.
By Drjones 2011-09-08 11:59:04  
Fenrir.Kendraian said: »
Is it not similar to enlight/endark where it takes the divine/dark magic skill from the point it was used? If so you could macro in enhancing spells. And i agree tbh the only job i put my all into is DRK and PLD and its all i really know lmaoo
That's part of the problem as I've heard it, is that enspell II's are calculated on strike rather than at time of casting.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-08 12:03:02  
Phoenix.Cathaldus said: »
Lord almighty...

Why is everyone so obsessed with pointing out the obvious to those who can already see it.

I quoted someone in a post directly above yours who clearly 'doesn't see it'.
 Cerberus.Rayik
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-09-08 12:03:14  
Leviathan.Dodu said: »

...Aaaaand we're back to HNM.

No.

No.

No. We are not asking to melee on HNM. We are not asking to melee in Voidwatch. We are not asking to melee 100% of the time, or on the NM's that not even actual DD melee on.

We are not going to melee on HNM the same way mage-only RDM's are not going to main heal on HNM's. Blah. This argument is old and tired, wore out and disproven ages ago.
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-08 12:04:25  
And if my sentiments don't apply to you(which you're making clear they don't), pay them no mind.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-09-08 12:16:52  

Enspell 1 is based on enhancing skill at time of cast, Enspell 2 is based on enhancing skill at time of hit. It's easy to see why 2 fails most of the time.
By anjisnu 2011-09-08 12:28:25  
my rdm has never seen a party meleed it to 85 had damn fun doin it too and my rdm will continue to be melee just like my whm i dont like healing lol

Edit: not trolling just enjoy doin it for some reason lol
 Fenrir.Kut
user: Kutsurabi
By Fenrir.Kut 2011-09-08 14:06:47  
For heaven's sakes... No, melee RDM is not a good DD. On anything like Voidwatch, you're actually going to want a RDM to play a RDM's support roles.

However, if you want to DD for smaller things like T1 NMs in Abyssea, then this is where some of us are trying to discuss how to best do that.

I think
Cerberus.Rayik said: »
Okay i feel alot of danger by posting this lmaoo but this is my idea for RDM/DRK The Dark Rings obviously will be augmented with -pdt% and i didnt include and the choice of weapon is because Originall i didnt want emphys/relics/ect put in there but this is pure tp set. I figure ur a RDM so throw up ur Stoneskin/Haste/Enspell of choice/Phanlex and all the other goodies you like using macroed in pieces. This is only for RDM/DRK too cause im not a dagger person so Sanguine Blade is the ws of choice for me. To be continued...

There's some nice pieces in that set, but it's sort of all over the place. I've had better luck taking a theme and trying to cap it(haste, -PDT, etc) and using those sets when the situation arises.

If inventory is an issue and you just want a sort of all-around set, I guess it could work, but unless it's a specific -PDT build, I'd take Rajas over -PDT any day.

Well since this is RDM i figured that SS/Phanlex/-pdt% almost works like PLD(without the shield) RDM is squishy and without shadows damage has to be mitigated somehow. Remember no one will party with a Melee RDM (lol :D) so survivability has to be in place. With the Dark Rings i figure at least -5%pdt per ring will stack to at least 25%pdt which is way better than 0% and with all the haste/double attack/triple attack and soon to be temper TP shouldnt be a problem at all. Also i forgot that /DRK offers Absorb spells specifially absorb TP. The general idea for this set up is to do decent damage and live using mostly ur TP to heal yourself (Sanguine blade) and ur MP for debuffs/buffs that and i hate /nin with a passion lol :D

If you're in a solo melee situation then yes all your PDT is viable and a good idea. The idea, I believe, behind solo melee RDM is a survival game. In that case, you'll want a Cheviot/Umbra cape over your Atheling and a Shashmir +2 if you care to get one. There's a choice of goliard trews over Trousers as well. Walahra will almost always beat out Brisk in damage but you may want that defense? Also, if you're going for Sanguine survivability crap you'd probably want to go with /BLU with this set up. You should get all your weaponskills (if I'm not mistaken) along with cocoon and various other traits and tools. However, you can make adjustments to your PDT gear depending on how much you need/can sacrifice and can trade out Goliard(C.Trousers) > Cheviot/Umbra(Atheling) > Brisk(Walahra) and whatever else if it's worth it.

However, if you're with any other decent DD, there is no need to deal with all that PDT and you should stick to something like my previous set with the exception of switching ammo to lightning bow/thunder sachet/smart grenade/demonry core (thanks for those fixes btw :X)

EDIT: Added Demonry Core >_> thanks, I'm not all too fluent with ammo slots asides from Thew/Mantra/Qirmiz
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-09-08 14:13:39  
Demonry core as well.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dodu
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-09-08 14:33:42  
All sets are mostly optimal, barring mostly unreasonable/unnecessary upgrades(which should be obvious)

Inside TP w/ ACP body available:

Outside TP w/ ACP body available:

Inside TP w/out ACP body available:

Outside TP w/out ACP body available:

These are assuming that your accuracy is capped, as should be the case with most things inside Abyssea, and virtually all things you want to be in melee range against outside of Abyssea. Sub Rancor Collar for a +3 crit. rate Wivre Gorget from Tahrongi if the %DT+ is problematic.

Edit: ACP body w/ crit. rate and DW augments.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-09-08 16:40:22  
There are these new additions coming around the corner:

Quote:
Sword Ex Rare Lv95 D58 Delay213
AGI+15 Haste+3 Added effect:TP drain
RDM, PLD, DRK, BLU

Quote:
Hands Ex Rare Lv94
Defense27 MP+50 DEX+8 Dark defense+50 Haste+4%
WAR, MNK, RDM, THF, DRK, BRD, NIN, BLU, COR, PUP, DNC

Quote:
Ring Rare Lv92
AGI-4 Attack+8 Store TP+4
All job

Quote:
Waist Ex Rare Lv95
Defense6 Accuracy+6 Evasion+6 Haste+6%
WAR, RDM, THF, PLD, DRK, BST, BRD, RNG, SAM, NIN, DRG, BLU, COR, DNC

Quote:
Feet Rare Lv92
Defense22 AGI+8 Parry+8 Store TP-3 Haste+4%
RDM, THF, RNG, NIN, COR, DNC

I'm curious as how they would fare in comparison to Dodu's listings
 Phoenix.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-08 16:43:54  
shoes are probably not ideal

almace/thatsword
zelus
goading
dusk+1 gloves/feet
calmecac pants

is 26% haste without a haste body
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-09-08 16:50:33  
Perhaps that Store TP ring could make those feet usable

Then again replacing it from STR+6 from Strigoi is a bit of a loss :x
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-09-08 16:55:02  
Phoenix.Fondue said: »

almace/thatsword
zelus
goading
dusk+1 gloves/feet
calmecac pants

is 26% haste without a haste body
lol, cause what's haste without an almace?
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-08 16:57:34  
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
I try way too hard
Tell me something I dont know
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-09-08 17:07:46  
lold 10/10 would read again
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-08 17:12:46  
hornetneedle/that sword?

or thatsword+uthers grip
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-09-08 17:13:50  
uthers grip
This.
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-08 17:16:18  
ok
[+]
 Fenrir.Kut
By Fenrir.Kut 2011-09-08 17:18:30  
Well, if you don't have a good DD replacement for Goliard Body, the 4% double attack alone should out do Almace/Thatsword unless the TP drain is something amazing. Did the video show a 100% proc? Even with it en spell damage would be negated as well but perhaps I'm over rating it's potency.

Zelus 8%
New Feet 4%
Dusk/New Hands 4%
New waist/Speed 6%
Calmecac Trousers 3%
Almace 0%

That's 25% allowing you freedom of Crit/DW ACP Dual Wield body and Chimeric. I believe this would be the best combination including the gear from Quetzacoatl's post.

If there are any good hands/feet/legs that don't have haste and can replace Chimeric for the TP Drain 3%/4% sword, then be my guest to correct me.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-08 17:24:48  
 Fenrir.Kut
By Fenrir.Kut 2011-09-08 17:33:10  
Well, we can all definitely tell what the proc rate is from this video! /s.

Not sure it will be worth it, but it's useless predicting what the results will be at this point.
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-08 17:35:53  
Fenrir.Kut said: »

Not sure it will be worth it, but it's useless predicting what the results will be at this point.

I'm not a marine biologist or anything but he drains enough tp to ws after 1 hit
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-08 17:42:42  
 Fenrir.Kut
By Fenrir.Kut 2011-09-08 17:42:46  
Fenrir.Kut said: »

I'm not a marine biologist or anything but he drains enough tp to ws after 1 hit

Assuming they're not using those odd boosts they use for many of the videos I've seen, sure. At fan festival, for example, they took no damage and lost no MP when displaying the 3 new jobs from ToAU. If they had an extremely potent regain/permanent 300% TP I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest. If the TP drain effect was that potent, it would be incredible, though.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7