言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Dancer findings on the Test Server
Dancer findings on the Test Server
First Page 2
By Darkzeru 2011-08-29 08:52:15  
Currently I won't be able to get on the test server till later but was wondering if anyone else notice anything...

Whether job traits or bad/good Ternary Flourish is
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-29 08:56:07  
Only report I've seen so far has Tertiary Flourish being exactly what we expected. It's a shitty regular triple attack that takes 3 FMs and has a 2:30 recast. It'll probably be enhanced by Relic +2 or something, but I kinda doubt that'll make it worthwhile.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-08-29 08:57:03  
ewww
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-08-29 08:57:14  
same tier as CF?
 Cerberus.Kadia
user: kadia112
By Cerberus.Kadia 2011-08-29 08:58:11  
yes Flourish 3. i tried it out vs CF Rudra and it didnt come close.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-29 08:58:37  
Yeah, Flourishes III. We actually knew that from the JP job update notes already though.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-08-29 09:01:07  
why do they do this to us ._.
By Darkzeru 2011-08-29 09:02:19  
Any idea of the upgrade in job traits?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-29 09:14:27  
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »

because thieves are crybabies.
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-08-29 09:29:58  
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »

^
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-08-29 10:41:53  
Siren.Thoraeon said: »

^

Because DNCs think they deserve everything, so they're disappointed too often :P

*puts on flameshield* >.>
[+]
 Siren.Thoraeon
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-08-29 10:43:23  
Siren.Mcclane said: »

^

Because DNCs think they deserve everything, so they're disappointed too often :P

I don't know about anyone else, but I expected nothing better than what they gave here. At least it's better than Assassin's Charge.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny 2011-08-29 14:56:45  
I'd rather have assassin's charge than another flourish III that has no use. Giving dnc this is like giving it a job ability that shares a recast timer with a better job ability, useless. I assume it will get some bonus in the future that will make it worthwhile.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-08-30 01:54:51  
unless it can make your ws crit, no it will never be worthwhile

look at it this way, dnc has 4 good ws:

evisceration = 5 + 1
dancing edge = 5 + 1
pyrrhic kleos = 4 + 1
Rudra's storm = 1 + 1

now for those that argue that if you dont have rudra's storm, you could use it on the other 3 weapon skills, but o wait they already have such a high multi-hit that aside from pyrrhic kleos it would take 2 double attacks (which dnc already has a high double attack ratio) that it wouldnt be worth it, that you are STILL better off using climactic flourish if not striking flourish. Nevermind the fact that it cost 3 finishing moves and is on a horrible delay. This ability is just worthless, if anything its just a filler to close up the flourish 3 tier.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-30 02:16:42  

^

sorry
if you play thf and you think you're going to be invited for anything that's not treasure hunter, you should just quit now and play a different job.

TH is what balances THF. DNC doesn't have TH, so it actually needs updates to stay afloat :P
[+]
By Pooman 2011-08-30 02:22:22  

^

sorry
if you play thf and you think you're going to be invited for anything that's not treasure hunter, you should just quit now and play a different job.

TH is what balances THF. DNC doesn't have TH, so it actually needs updates to stay afloat :P

At least they're invited to parties ; ;
 Bahamut.Feisei
サーバ: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-08-30 02:48:51  

^

sorry

So the only reason a THF should be invited is for TH? im sorry but if thats what you think then thf needs a helluva lot more than dnc does.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-08-30 03:15:40  
well it's true, where does dnc fit in with that special-need-to-have-in-this-party charm? im puzzled by your reply feisei
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-30 03:23:37  

^

sorry

thf can pick locks n stuff
[+]
 Bahamut.Feisei
サーバ: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-08-30 03:36:28  
Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
well it's true, where does dnc fit in with that special-need-to-have-in-this-party charm? im puzzled by your reply feisei

Mind you, im sure SE implemented DNC as a front line WHM but we dont use it as intended as many other jobs although they do have the potential for just that. Im not saying dnc has a special-need-to-have-in-this-party charm like you said. But in these days THF dosnt even have that. Sure TH is nice but in these days of triggering, TH means next to nothing. In abyssea a *few* items are based on TH, they are only the +2 items that SE added to the older abyssea areas where you can get them multiple ways. And voidwatch, TH means nothing when all it is, is about triggering. Bleh like always i dont know how to end this ***on a positive note.

I will say this. Right now THF has TH. Thats the #1 thing people see THF as, yes it can also eva tank very well even in DD gear but so can DNC and DNC has fan dance. Personally i feel that DNC has yet to come into the spotlight just as much as PUP has. Come the lvl 99 patch and merit group3(or w/e they call it) i think thats when these two jobs will come to shine. bleh idk where im going with this...but dnc has more than THF does.

EDIT: Im drunk if i came off rude im sorry. i still think THF needs more since enm control is a thing of the past and all it has these days are things that another job(DNC) can replicate.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-08-30 03:47:54  
i understand what you mean with the procs, but understand EVEN with getting the correct proc, it doesnt mean things will drop, hell imo it turn items that have a .1% drop rate into a 10% drop rate. i have proc'd many a NM and have got 0 drops, literally nothing, thf has always either been a decent evasion tank, puller, or a th proc ***. DNC was a party accelerator, giving haste and nullifying the need to have a mage in your party. dnc lost both of those, which is why we ***....and ***.... and *** some more. Sure i like dnc's current DD potential, but i will give anything to have it as needed as it was when we were 75. THF really hasnt lost that edge, sure the proc system dampened it a bit, but anytime i do anything where drops are on the line, i put more faith in thf, with the ability to proc up to th12 (as apposed to what th3-4? at 75).

TL:DR thf got upgraded, dnc got borked.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-08-30 04:26:36  

Thing is TH makes thf eternally usefull as long as you are after drops. Yes staggering is more important then TH but regardless TH is a boost that no other job can give.

Dnc can heal but whm rdm sch and pritty much any job with native mp subbing whm can do that better.

Dnc can DD but DDs are a dime a dozen and most others come with far better procing capabilities, and since thf has the blue dagger WSs it will come first because of the added TH.

Dnc can tank, see above

Pritty much as the game stands, war,nin,whm,mnk,blm,blu,thf, these jobs cover everything you could want in a group (blm subbing brd and poping at night for blue, if you want to expand your blue procing time add rng and drg) and all other jobs are just fillers. So yes dnc gets "more" then thf but volume is irrelevent because it still doesn't bring the job to where it is "usefull" in comparison to the jobs listed above. TH may not be a glamourous purpose but it is still reason for thf to be included which is far more then any reason to have dnc.

Voidwatch I can't comment on but I have a hard time seeing dnc having much of a use there either : (
By Pooman 2011-08-30 04:29:17  
Asura.Ina said: »

Thing is TH makes thf eternally usefull as long as you are after drops. Yes staggering is more important then TH but regardless TH is a boost that no other job can give.

Dnc can heal but whm rdm sch and pritty much any job with native mp subbing whm can do that better.

Dnc can DD but DDs are a dime a dozen and most others come with far better procing capabilities, and since thf has the blue dagger WSs it will come first because of the added TH.

Dnc can tank, see above

Pritty much as the game stands, war,nin,whm,mnk,blm,blu,thf, these jobs cover everything you could want in a group (blm subbing brd and poping at night for blue, if you want to expand your blue procing time add rng and drg) and all other jobs are just fillers. So yes dnc gets "more" then thf but volume is irrelevent because it still doesn't bring the job to where it is "usefull" in comparison to the jobs listed above. TH may not be a glamourous purpose but it is still reason for thf to be included which is far more then any reason to have dnc.

Voidwatch I can't comment on but I have a hard time seeing dnc having much of a use there either : (

Damn I hate when I'm that guy...
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-30 06:42:49  
I used to believe that, but all the recent testing shows that TH3 (proc system and all) isn't measurably better than TH2.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-30 08:50:50  
Th3 isn't better than TH2? Mind = blown
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-31 07:18:10  
The testing is here. For comparison (because it hasn't been added to the OP yet), my TH0 Aura Statue rates were:
1.1% Diorite
0.6% Raxa
10% Mythril Ore
5.8% Golem Shards

So having TH2 provides a substantial boost over TH0, but having TH6 doesn't seem to provide a substantial boost over TH2. He has another sample later on with higher drop rate on everything where he kills slowly (now WS or anything) and tries to upgrade as much as possible. It's unclear whether the higher drop rate is statistically significant, but it probably is.

Also, Camate revealed yesterday that TH can't proc on weaponskills, lol. So when you use SA->WS you actually are wasting a potential for TH proc.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-31 07:24:31  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
The testing is here. For comparison (because it hasn't been added to the OP yet), my TH0 Aura Statue rates were:
1.1% Diorite
0.6% Raxa
10% Mythril Ore
5.8% Golem Shards

So having TH2 provides a substantial boost over TH0, but having TH6 doesn't seem to provide a substantial boost over TH2. He has another sample later on with higher drop rate on everything where he kills slowly (now WS or anything) and tries to upgrade as much as possible. It's unclear whether the higher drop rate is statistically significant, but it probably is.

Also, Camate revealed yesterday that TH can't proc on weaponskills, lol. So when you use SA->WS you actually are wasting a potential for TH proc.
Read over it again, he said it can
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-31 07:31:00  
Hold up, sorry, reading it over on my phone I missed the part where he said future adjustments include all that stuff, sorry, stupid phone browser
By Darkzeru 2011-08-31 09:27:32  
Any idea of possible job traits from 91-95 for DNC? Unless they didn't implement that on that server
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-31 09:51:54  
There are some job traits implemented, but I won't be doing any big testing until Windower comes out with a new hook and KParser comes out with a memlock that works with the test server.
First Page 2