言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Dancer findings on the Test Server
Dancer findings on the Test Server
By Darkzeru 2011-08-31 09:58:19  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
There are some job traits implemented, but I won't be doing any big testing until Windower comes out with a new hook and KParser comes out with a memlock that works with the test server.
Ah ok.... Windower works on the server btw
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-31 10:03:52  
When I do the workaround, it confines my mouse to the FFXI window. Not acceptable.
 Cerberus.Kadia
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kadia112
By Cerberus.Kadia 2011-08-31 10:07:23  
Also, Camate revealed yesterday that TH can't proc on weaponskills, lol. So when you use SA->WS you actually are wasting a potential for TH proc.
i had TH proc on a ws yesterday. for to put on my TH gear(so TH4 cuz thief knife was equipped) SA>WS, then i swing a few times and i get TH6. i was a little confused at first cuz i read that as well thinking it couldnt proc. i think its a very low chance.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-31 10:08:18  
When I do the workaround, it confines my mouse to the FFXI window. Not acceptable.
this, unless I alt-tab to get to my browser
also since I didn't adjust my resolution in config it looks like a relatively tiny playscreen surrounded partially by pitch blackness
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-31 10:10:25  
Even if I alt-tab, I still can't use my mouse. I was tabbing around trying to look things up yesterday.
 Sylph.Gobbo
サーバ: Sylph
user: Gobbo
By Sylph.Gobbo 2011-08-31 10:50:35  
Also, Camate revealed yesterday that TH can't proc on weaponskills, lol. So when you use SA->WS you actually are wasting a potential for TH proc.

Unless you're reading something different from the one I'm thinking, I don't think he said that. He's referring to the whole "You can't see additional effect procs on weaponskills." Since TH procs are considered additional effects, it CAN proc on weaponskills (very common to see with RNG weaponskills and additional effects on arrows) and you will just not know if it went off or not until you proc again on a melee swing.
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-08-31 11:01:54  
I read the entire post and may have missed this but... was the triple attack flourish the only added JA so far? How about that what I assume to be a samba that gives what I assume to be regain?

Also, has anyone tested DNC against VWNM? I've tanked Pancimanci (regular server) so far and it worked well, but not sure about the rest of the current/new VWNM.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-31 11:19:53  
Sylph.Gobbo said: »

Unless you're reading something different from the one I'm thinking, I don't think he said that. He's referring to the whole "You can't see additional effect procs on weaponskills." Since TH procs are considered additional effects, it CAN proc on weaponskills (very common to see with RNG weaponskills and additional effects on arrows) and you will just not know if it went off or not until you proc again on a melee swing.

Well, maybe he's confused about how it works, but he's pretty explicit about what they're patching. I doubt he would go into all the "When combining a weapon skill with Sneak Attack/Trick Attack, the rate of increase will be the same as using Sneak Attack/Trick Attack" stuff if that's how it works right now. Maybe offhand hits can upgrade or something at the moment?

Also yeah, the TA Flourish is the only new JA we get. The other idea is probably going to be for the 99 patch.
[+]
By Kalima 2011-08-31 18:56:47  
Fenrir.Yuriki said: »

Also, has anyone tested DNC against VWNM? I've tanked Pancimanci (regular server) so far and it worked well, but not sure about the rest of the current/new VWNM.

I only fought T1-3 on DNC and only a few times but what I remember is the following:

Naked accuracy sucks (naked = no food + "abyssea" tp gear) even with phurba+dex kila. Even presto+step missed more than I would have expected.

Accuracy of mobs wasn't terrible, but just slapping on 2 eva kilas wasn't enough to cap. I didn't do much outright tanking though, but at the current level the only ones I had trouble with are those that had hate reset moves.

Violent flourish works well until it starts getting resisted, even with good mag acc gear + lvl 5 stutter.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-01 22:52:53  
We don't get a Dual Wield upgrade between 90 and 95.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-02 00:01:10  
i honestly dont think we're getting anymore dual wield bonuses anyways
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-09-02 00:16:00  
Sylph.Gobbo said: »

Well, maybe he's confused about how it works, but he's pretty explicit about what they're patching. I doubt he would go into all the "When combining a weapon skill with Sneak Attack/Trick Attack, the rate of increase will be the same as using Sneak Attack/Trick Attack" stuff if that's how it works right now. Maybe offhand hits can upgrade or something at the moment?

Also yeah, the TA Flourish is the only new JA we get. The other idea is probably going to be for the 99 patch.

His previous post said that it can increase TH but happens at a lower rate and isn't displayed in the chat log.

I'll go with your assumption that it can proc on offhand hits as they normally do, but it doesn't show. Would make sense of both posts.

Either that, or the Dev team members don't all know what they're talking about.
By mercure 2011-09-11 04:57:41  
I don't know if it's been posted somewhere, but new dagger trials are available :

- 1500 heavy metal plates for Twashtar 95
- 50 geodes for elemental paths daggers (eva kilas etc)
- 500 kills with a 400+ damage ws for TP Bonus+100 dagger
- nothing yet for "fake empy" paths

Base damage is upgraded, but stat boosts are really low (Empy gets 2 DEX, eva kila gets 1 AGI, TP Bonus gets ... nothing)

ALL empyreans require the same item for that 95 upgrade, let's hope it's a common drop from VW NMs, like 1-3 every chest.
 Fenrir.Richi
user: Richie
By Fenrir.Richi 2011-09-11 06:09:23  
The upgrade to the TP bonus dagger is you can make a second one :3
 Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Clydearrowny 2011-09-11 11:18:34  
Fenrir.Richi said: »
The upgrade to the TP bonus dagger is you can make a second one :3
^
I didn't toss my stp fusetto because I expected this. Now I can just upgrade it then finish the tp bonus fusetto +2 trial I've been sitting on.
 Fenrir.Richi
user: Richie
By Fenrir.Richi 2011-09-11 12:51:36  
I wish I had that foresight, I threw away my 15 stp dagger for a +100 tp bonus dagger.

I'm thinking of making another 100 stp dagger anyway though...
@_@
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-11 18:48:01  
I've been playing around some more on the test server. No new tier of Skillchain Bonus, but we do get a new tier of Tactical Parry. Hooray for JTs no one cares about, haha.

We're on track to get a third tier of Critical Attack Bonus before 99.

Waltzes are the same on the test server as in the real game, so if they're planning to adjust them in any way the adjustment hasn't happened yet.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-09-11 19:08:05  
I've been playing around some more on the test server. No new tier of Skillchain Bonus, but we do get a new tier of Tactical Parry. Hooray for JTs no one cares about, haha.

We're on track to get a third tier of Critical Attack Bonus before 99.

Waltzes are the same on the test server as in the real game, so if they're planning to adjust them in any way the adjustment hasn't happened yet.

Well, they are adjusting parry at some point, so maybe it'll be useful.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-11 19:39:48  
I hadn't seen any real testing on Tactical Parry in general, so tonight I worked out the tier structure. It looks like we're on track to get a fourth level by 99, giving us about 1 hit worth of TP per Parry. Good deal, I think.

It's no Counter, but at least it's a defensive ability with *some* offensive implications.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-09-11 19:41:28  
I'd take a Parrystance :(
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-11 19:47:55  
I've heard if you use elicit 3P macros and hax, you can change to Ninja and have what you're asking for!
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-09-11 19:50:17  
I've heard if you use elicit 3P macros and hax, you can change to Ninja and have what you're asking for!

Meh.
Doesn't that ability last like 60 seconds with a 5 minute recast or something?

I remember reading people complaining about it, but it's not DNC so I didn't pay attention.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-09-11 20:09:16  
1 minute duration, 5 minute recast... but it is useful, unlike Ternary Flourish.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-09-11 20:32:49  
maybe ternary flourish will have additional effect: Job Change
[+]