users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SCH adjustments
SCH adjustments
 Cerberus.Delsus
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: delsus
By Cerberus.Delsus 2011-08-20 19:20:51  
It sucks SCH doesnt get cure 5, it wouldnt be too hard to code cure 5 so if you main job is sch it has a soft cap on so sch doesnt overtake whm.

Also SCH is supposed to heal, which is why they could heal effectively without a RDM, they are supposed to beable to take any role in a party, and thier downside is that they need to be using the right grimore to be effective at anything which is why magic skills are changed when you switch grimore, also why the MP costs are lower uner the correct grimore and increased in the wrong grimore.
 Bahamut.Zellc
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-20 19:54:28  
all those ideas are great. sch community need this type of feedback on official. hope u guys are posting!
 Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Pyroelf
By Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf 2011-08-20 21:00:15  
I entirely disagree on these ideas. What sch needs is not nukes or cure V but rather strong DOT spells and plague type spells that kill MP/TP over time, as well as a variety of Light damage dealing spells and Darkness damage dealing spells. This would set them apart from all current mages so they can truly be unique, not just a "Gimped WHM" or "Gimped BLM". I mean seriously, What if they got a helix that deals same amount of damage as say, blizz V in 10-15 seconds with half the hate? And while at it, make said helix weaken resistance TO that element. The effects would be devastating and compliment VERY well to BLMs, without overpowering them absurdly.

edit: as a further note, I always was a bit disappointed at light damage dealing spells besides the rare banish and holy, and the total lack of a darkness counterpart. It actually makes sense for SCH to unlock those to full capabilities IMO with their grimoires.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-08-20 21:35:05  
Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf said: »
I mean seriously, What if they got a helix that deals same amount of damage as say, blizz V in 10-15 seconds with half the hate? And while at it, make said helix weaken resistance TO that element.

If I seriously thought about that, I'd say that's ridiculously game breaking.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-20 21:58:54  
Cerberus.Eugene said: »
I mean seriously, What if they got a helix that deals same amount of damage as say, blizz V in 10-15 seconds with half the hate? And while at it, make said helix weaken resistance TO that element.

MODUS VERITAS PRE-NERF :(
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Pyroelf
By Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf 2011-08-20 21:59:02  
Cerberus.Eugene said: »

What in this game ISN'T game breaking anymore?

edit: and if you really want to balance it, make them on a longer recast, that way, I would do say, cryohelix II, then cast off my blizzard V then IV, then III and swap off to a different helix.
 Cerberus.Mystina
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-20 22:02:15  
I think the fact most things in this game don't live longer then 5-10 minutes unless you're procing eliminated the "is this broken?" question. or one has never witness what 4-5 empys on one Mob does.

and that's if it's not being doued by a MNK+whm, seriously. what is challanging anymore? well...void watch looks pretty interesting but that is because it is outside abyssea.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-08-20 22:07:24  
on the subject of helix, how about an ability that lets you be able to have 2 helix on the mob at a time, and call it double cast :>
 Leviathan.Haruhigumi
サーバ: Leviathan
user: kbeezie
By Leviathan.Haruhigumi 2011-08-21 08:02:12  
Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu said: »
on the subject of helix, how about an ability that lets you be able to have 2 helix on the mob at a time, and call it double cast :>
Probably for the same reason you can't have Bio and Dia on a mob at the same time. Though layering on variety of helices would be cool.
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-09-15 18:26:26  
Source

I got some info to give you all an idea of what the development is already working on for future scholar adjustments.

The next job adjustment focus will be on Light Arts and Dark Arts.
Below is the concept:

1. Make adjustments so that Light Arts affects the effect of Regen and Dark Arts affects the effect of Helix spells
2. Adjust the level Regen III/IV are learned
3. Adjust the level Helix spells are learned as well as their MP cost
4. Adjust the recast timer of Modus Veritas
5. Adjust the effect duration of Klimaform
6. Make adjustments to Tabula Rasa

We will be posting more information here on the forum as well as adding things to the test server some time after the September version update.

----

Hmmm. Does this mean they will finally fix the silly SCH getting Regen's before WHM until Regen III.

Also possibly sub job Helix's, could mean tier 2 are coming.
 Fenrir.Enternius
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-09-15 18:33:15  
Phoenix.Cathaldus said: »
Hmmm. Does this mean they will finally fix the silly SCH getting Regen's before WHM until Regen III.
That was intentional. SCH is based on the "support" side of healing and was always designed to be a Regen-based healer, as they can AoE it.
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-09-15 20:59:55  
I just mean't it went:

Regen
Lv. 18 - SCH
Lv. 21 - WHM and RDM

Regen II
Lv. 37 - SCH
Lv. 44 - WHM
Lv. 76 - RDM

Regen III
Lv. 66 - WHM
Lv. 83 - SCH

Regen IV
Lv. 86 WHM

Now they've basically guaranteed SCH getting IV, and adjusting the levels, I wonder if they'll once more put SCH first in who learns them.

As a side note, I also hope they change RDM's Regen II to a lower level so they at least get III by 99.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-16 01:22:23  
yeah that was also my biggest pet peeve, the regen levels getting flipped was pretty asinine.

as for helix II, do you guys think that they would be balanced? i mean helix I nowadays is pretty strong all things considered.
By Artemicion 2011-09-16 01:35:54  
I really like Niniann's idea of Helix cures.
It suits Scholar's already prominent form of healing support via regen. Also it's worth noting common deaths occur from hard hitting TP moves and triple attack crits, so a mediocre cure bomb ticking for that amount in succession would be a huge help.
Perhaps they can increase the potency of regens based on aurora weather for an added boost.

Not sure what RDM needs, but frankly I prefer white mage staying in the limelight for main healing, since that's their primary purpose to begin with.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-09-16 02:32:43  
healing helix... I like this idea ^^
 Sylph.Katalsar
サーバ: Sylph
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2011-09-16 03:01:47  
That idea was posted in FFxi Forums btw..I believe the idea belongs to someone else.

Its a lot of good information and ideas about SCH on there.
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-16 03:35:14  
Do people really think ninian invented the helix cure? x_x

I invented the internet.
By Artemicion 2011-09-16 03:36:18  
I mentioned her name because she mentioned it in the thread.
Also, nice to meet you Al Gore.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-16 03:39:09  
I'd like them to adjust Libra tbh, would be extremely helpful if a SCH could tell you exactly what the proc was by using Libra to discern a NM's weakness/stats etc, maybe a little description?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-09-16 03:40:25  
Oops that was the second time I said that.
 Odin.Minefield
サーバ: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2011-09-16 03:41:49  
Regardless, I do like that idea. Then again make a new JA period for finding that out, and keep Libra with Enmity% still. Either or, it's a nifty idea. :3
 Bismarck.Zuidar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2011-09-16 03:58:35  
That's great news, but I honestly didn't think that SCH would actually get Regen IV at first because it was the highest white magic tier, although I always knew that they get the first 2 the earliest.

Now looking at the adjustments for 99, I must say this is even more interesting, especially seeing that SE is now going to make regen spells much more effective for scholar's light arts and Helix for dark arts.

I'm still wondering about Modus Veritas adjustments as for now it's not useful as it used to be until they made it to completely miss, which in turn why I ( and many people) took off all modus veritas merits.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-09-16 04:48:02  
i believe modus is in fact affected by macc, its a bit hard to test right now because all the moderate mobs including T3 vwnm its quite accurate, and the higher up things you cant exactly convince your alliance to hold the fight out for 3 hours. But i've been using macc gear for modus and it doesnt seem tooooo inaccurate on even T4 vwnm, i would be as bold to say its anywhere between 40-50% land rate on them.
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-09-16 08:29:42  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
healing helix... I like this idea ^^

Was just posted on the JAP forum that they're planning a higher type of regen that'll be SCH exclusive.
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-09-16 15:08:14  
They need to give SCH a healing helix, then a cure like modus veritas(but not on a 9 hour cooldown) or just a new cure in general, that "explodes" the curing helix, removing the HOT from the target and curing them for a big instant heal. :x

Only way SCH will be able to mainheal~
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-09-16 15:16:33  
Sylph.Kiaru said: »
Do people really think ninian invented the helix cure? x_x

I invented the internet.

Didnt Al Gore invent the internet?
[+]