users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » SCH adjustments
SCH adjustments
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-08-20 11:51:46  
I deleted the other SCH thread for a reason. Don't let this thread go the same way.
 Asura.Dajociont
サーバ: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2011-08-20 11:54:30  
your eyes peer into my soul
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-08-20 11:57:57  
Ifrit.Eikechi said: »
bliz 5 is nice, but raise 3 and rr 3 are meh. Raise 3 on my server is still 1M+ for some odd reason. I won't be buying it for sure for that price, and if I managed to get one from a BC drop, you damn sure bet i'd sell it instead.

good luck getting raise 3 from a bc lulz
 Lakshmi.Galith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-08-20 12:35:47  
If they wanted to separate the various curing jobs with how they heal I could see them focusing more on high potency regen spells for SCH. they seem to like giving us DoT spells so turning it to focus on curing over time spells might not be a bad separation.

Likewise making curing viable to summoners through avatars would be nice, but it's limited by waiting times and delays from getting the avatar to do something. But it's still something I'd like to see done if they can manage it in a viable way.

As for RDM they could give them a new en-spell I'm sure they'd like that.
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2011-08-20 12:38:30  
In my honest opinion i think sch is still very potent in light arts sure cure 5 would rock but we dont really need it with perpetuance and our /rdm buffs regen 3 and of course aurora storm with cure pot gear twilight cape obis etc a cure 3 and an occasional cure 4 is enough, with Voidwalkers being the new focus i think with the tools sch has and will be given they are on a fine track this is just the 95 cap one more to go and who knows what awaits :)
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-08-20 12:46:31  
Valefor.Fmaxgluttony said: »
In my honest opinion i think sch is still very potent in light arts sure cure 5 would rock but we dont really need it with perpetuance and our /rdm buffs regen 3 and of course aurora storm with cure pot gear twilight cape obis etc a cure 3 and an occasional cure 4 is enough, with Voidwalkers being the new focus i think with the tools sch has and will be given they are on a fine track this is just the 95 cap one more to go and who knows what awaits :)

I would very much like tier II storm spells, a spell that adjusts the day of the week bonus, or both. This would add an extra 15-25% cure potency and be a viable way of keeping up the cures.
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-20 12:52:24  
What SCH needs is curing Helices. Bam, I fixed SCH. You're welcome.
[+]
 Phoenix.Arhat
サーバ: Phoenix
user: lithical
By Phoenix.Arhat 2011-08-20 12:53:11  
I like the Regen healer idea stated. It would be cool if XI took a (I'll get flamed for this) WoW approach and made multiple healing classes heal differently. I haven't played since before Cataclysm was released so idk how it is now but an example would be how Holy Paladin would do straight heals, Resto Druid did regen heals, Disc Priest did mitigation heals (like Stoneskin you can target others with if you never played). That's the kind of variety I think they should go for instead of making all 3 healers centered around the same spells (Cure).
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-20 12:53:18  
They should enhance Libra tbh. I think it would be really cool if you could do it like scan from old FF games and see all their HP/stats and maybe weakness in Abyssea. Then everyone would want SCH to save time, at least in Abby
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-20 12:57:41  
Yeah I agree with you Arhat, SCH needs to be a Resto Druid. Decent instantaneous heal with a sizeable DoT.

As for Libra, would be cool if that extended to voidwatch and Dynamis. :D
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-20 12:58:45  
Yeah those too :o
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2011-08-20 13:03:00  
lol but the thing is abyssea is not really the focus of the game anymore sure people still go for empy/seals and +2 items but they are trying to bring the game back to the outside vana'diel the libra thing would definately be awesome and so would the storm II but we dont know what are new merits will be what our level 99 spells JAs will be, i just say lets wait and see than pick apart jobs they are all good in thier own ways (except pup they are just wierdos) so i say lets hope new voidwalkers add more cure pot and some gd MAB+7 hands for sch.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-20 13:03:22  
All SCH needs to be put back in the game as a healer is SCH-specific heals. I suggested some sort of helix-type move to support the whole DoT-heal thing. They could also do 'storm-type' stuff like healing with an elemental spell (like water or fire like rift!)
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-08-20 13:06:08  
You guys are making too much sense with this talk about curing helix spells and such! You should give out some suggestions that are a bit more redundant and useless then we'd have a real idea of what to expect in the coming days!
 Cerberus.Vaness
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-08-20 13:06:13  
Curing-helices kind would actually be pretty awesome, nice idea nini! AKA WIFEY!
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-20 13:08:33  
:3 I'll go post the idea to the official forums when I get home unless someone wants to do it for me. Libra too.
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-08-20 13:09:41  
Fenrir.Niniann said: »
:3 I'll go post the idea to the official forums when I get home unless someone wants to do it for me. Libra too.

If you're going to do this tell them they might as well make rdm focus on reducing damage taken to help them cure too. That said the ideas are too good to be used.
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2011-08-20 13:10:32  
here is a true fact once update comes "can i come sch to raid :D" "you can come blm".
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-08-20 13:14:27  
here is a true fact once update comes "can i come sch to raid :D" "you can come blm".

They need to differentiate SCH and BLM just as much as they need to separate the various curing jobs.
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2011-08-20 13:15:33  
Phoenix.Arhat said: »
I like the Regen healer idea stated. It would be cool if XI took a (I'll get flamed for this) WoW approach and made multiple healing classes heal differently. I haven't played since before Cataclysm was released so idk how it is now but an example would be how Holy Paladin would do straight heals, Resto Druid did regen heals, Disc Priest did mitigation heals (like Stoneskin you can target others with if you never played). That's the kind of variety I think they should go for instead of making all 3 healers centered around the same spells (Cure).

^This

Honestly all jobs are too similar in FF. Not saying it is a terrible aproach, it has worked for a long time, but some more variety would be nice. I haven't played WoW or Rift etc much (I played Rift for a week or so at most) but I have to say I like how each class has its own game mechanics and difference. E.g. We could have classes earning / utilizing 'tp' in different ways. Not just dnc. Or as the example above, a healer that gives sizable DoT heals. I know it's too... Radical(?) of a change for them to consider it, but the idea is nice imo.
 Cerberus.Mystina
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-20 13:25:52  
Lakshmi.Galith said: »

They need to differentiate SCH and BLM just as much as they need to separate the various curing jobs.

Only diffrence is anyone with an MP pool and /whm can do the same amount of healing baring what cure potency gear they can actually equip

example Roundal can be worn by.......DRG (wtf) so if thier Mp pool is big enough they can do the same thing as just about every job that has cure 1-4. this dosnt really apply to sch and blm since Tier 3-5s are obvious. DRK teir 3? do i EVEN need to go there?
 Lakshmi.Galith
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-08-20 13:31:56  
Cerberus.Mystina said: »
Lakshmi.Galith said: »

Only diffrence is anyone with an MP pool and /whm can do the same amount of healing baring what cure potency gear they can actually equip

example Roundal can be worn by.......DRG (wtf) so if thier Mp pool is big enough they can do the same thing as just about every job that has cure 1-4. this dosnt really apply to sch and blm since Tier 3-5s are obvious. DRK teir 3? do i EVEN need to go there?

That's what i'm saying splitting sch/rdm/whm into dot/damage reduction/pure curing would make the game better and remain true to the design of the job. This would separate the main curing jobs from the imitations.

I was simply stating I'd like to see the same level of differentiation between blm and sch seeing as how sch pulls most its nukes from the blm portfolio it results in a lot of number to number comparisons that only lead to asinine forum b*itching and moaning. I'd say focus on DoT for nuking but the crux of the dot method for both healing and nuking is that it makes more than 1 sch unnecessary. Which may be a drag limiting what you can play and come as.
 Phoenix.Morier
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2011-08-20 13:40:40  
AJUSTS EAL WITH IT! Everquest had big tick regenish heals, would be nice to see something like that. Lots of hate though.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-20 13:59:58  
Yeah, I'd like to see RDM with a different variation on the healing role too. I'm not sure the damage mitigation path is the right one for them since WHM gets cureskin so it's already in that field. My creative juices for the day were used up on SCH. Only thing I can think of is if SE creates a curative spell line called "Heal" (or something like that) And made them be different in some way. Possibly give that to RDM and/or SCH. Then give SCH and RDM other things to further boost the strengths of the jobs. More debuffs for RDM and unique buffs for SCH.

As for separating SCH and BLM, SCH has helices and weather. It'd be nice if they continued on that cool SCH-controls-the-weather thing. Maybe have certain tempest spells activate while a certain weather is up. Like if you have Fire weather up, you have access to a spell called Flame Tempest that calls forth a terrible fiery-storm to obliterate your foes. Kinda like Fireja but cooler! D:<
[+]
 Bismarck.Enzoe
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enzoe
By Bismarck.Enzoe 2011-08-20 14:20:33  
All in all these changes are welcome to me. I think embrava is enough to put Scholars as a fixture in particular events. Aside from the new WHM spell Sacrosanctity, I think that scholars are proving to be the most unique buffers in the game. Embrava, weather, Augeo, etc.

Yea, that would be cool. Scholars do learn regen spells faster than WHM so why not.
By Cathaldus 2011-08-20 14:37:25  
Bismarck.Enzoe said: »
All in all these changes are welcome to me. I think embrava is enough to put Scholars as a fixture in particular events. Aside from the new WHM spell Sacrosanctity, I think that scholars are proving to be the most unique buffers in the game. Embrava, weather, Augeo, etc.

Yea, that would be cool. Scholars do learn regen spells faster than WHM so why not.

Only upto Regen II then it went haywire stupid SE.
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-08-20 15:39:34  
Cathaldus said: »
Bismarck.Enzoe said: »

Only upto Regen II then it went haywire stupid SE.

Yah regen4? umm yah its not in addendum white! lol