Squeenix Might Be Planning To Drop "Enix"

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Squeenix might be planning to drop "Enix"
Squeenix might be planning to drop "Enix"
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 12 13
 Sylph.Yajirobe
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-08-17 16:33:33  
Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
It's pretty ok to be a fan of its culture as long as you're not a freaking weeaboo.

Don't dress as a fat sailor moon and fit desu, kawaii and baka into every sentence.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-17 16:35:40  
Sylph.Yajirobe said: »

WTH is that pink thing he's holding?!? It looks like the *** from hell!
 Ragnarok.Kongming
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-08-17 16:35:57  
Syntactically, since Japanese is SOV and not SVO, you can add "desu" to the end of virtually any sentence without changing grammatical accuracy. "desu" alone is itself a sentence, though wholly context based.

Really have no idea why weeaboos picked it up but probably some popular character added it repeatedly at the end of every utterance which didn't go unnoticed.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-17 16:36:25  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

Spoiler'd because it HURTS

Unrelated: is it weird that I like listening to EDM?
 Sylph.Yajirobe
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-08-17 16:36:41  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

WTH is that pink thing he's holding?!? It looks like the *** from hell!
It's sposed to be Sailor Moon's sword, I guess? I dont know, I only ever watched the dub when i was like 9 where they cut that stuff out
 Sylph.Yajirobe
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-08-17 16:37:37  

Unrelated: is it weird that I like listening to EDM?
ohshi-- Where'd you find that photo of me?
Don't i make a great Sakura desu? <3~
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-08-17 16:37:49  

Only white Japanese allowed
 Phoenix.Oumura
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2011-08-17 16:38:16  
Holy mother of God.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-08-17 16:40:37  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
I like coke better than pepsi. Sorry.
I'm blaming you for this.
[+]
 Phoenix.Vael
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-08-17 16:41:25  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
That is clearly not pepsi or coke but a big red in disguise. His blood shows the truth. On topic though, what happened to all the original square people? I'm sure many of them went off to make their own dev teams or companies.

Sakaguchi's last effort with Square was FFIX. After that, he formed Mistwalker, developing for the 360 mostly and you may have heard of the petition to have The Last Story (the first game Sakaguchi himself has directed since FFV) localized in North America.

Yoshitaka Amano, the original character designer, was always a manga artist. He's the one who does those really funny looking pictures. He was replaced by Tetsuya Nomura in FFVII, but still does concept art for the series. Also, Vampire Hunter D.

Nomura, besides being the character designer directed Kingdom Hearts and is directing Versus. His character design went from cool unlikely characters like Barrett to the off-coloured spiky anime style haircuts FF is famous for. That is why everyone in XIII, KH, and Versus look the same. Prior to that it was restricted to his main characters (Cloud, Squall, Tidus). I am hoping this design trend is more SE's doing than Nomura himself, as he has stated that Versus will be the darkest in the series and include blood. I hope it also includes good characters, ones that swear and yell at their wives to get tea for their guests instead of just cry all the time.

Yasumi Matsuno directed Vagrant Story and XII, and is famous for the Ogre Battle series before that. He was never really big in Square and departed during XII but is working on games in another company.

Nobuo Uematsu left SE sometime after X or XI, but still composes a good amount of SE's game's soundtracks.

Yoshinori Kitase has been writer/director/producer since near the beginning as well. He is still there.

So basically the company still has all the key people behind it. Sakaguchi is really the only one who's gone and he supposedly didn't play a large part in the development of the later games anyway.
 Asura.Ashleh
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-08-17 16:44:34  
Asura.Sandolphon said: »
It's pretty ok to be a fan of its culture as long as you're not a freaking weeaboo.
My gf's best friend is Japanese, born there, her mom's from there, etc,etc, and when I'm at her house or around her in general, I don't even talk about anime or jrpgs or anything like that. Just to avoid looking stupid.

You's racist, son.
 Sylph.Yajirobe
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-08-17 16:44:54  
They need to let it go. It was good while it lasted, but they've seriously milked the FF franchise for far too long. FF12 was the last title they should have released.
Unless, ofcourse, they can actually make a game that will rise above all else from the pile of crap they've got themselves into with recent games, like some form of freakish garbage phoenix.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-17 16:45:28  
Talking about anime, jrpgs, or cosplaying would be racist.
Five internets and a cookie for not talking about either.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-08-17 16:45:31  
Phoenix.Vael said: »
So basically the company still has all the key people behind it. Sakaguchi is really the only one who's gone and he supposedly didn't play a large part in the development of the later games anyway.
I really couldn't disagree with this statement any more. Sakaguchi made Square, and he also ended it. The stories were his. The stories left with him.

And god. Nomura can't do anything BUT hair. I don't think he has an ounce of real talent.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-17 16:46:26  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
That is clearly not pepsi or coke but a big red in disguise. His blood shows the truth. On topic though, what happened to all the original square people? I'm sure many of them went off to make their own dev teams or companies.

Sakaguchi's last effort with Square was FFIX. After that, he formed Mistwalker, developing for the 360 mostly and you may have heard of the petition to have The Last Story (the first game Sakaguchi himself has directed since FFV) localized in North America.

Yoshitaka Amano, the original character designer, was always a manga artist. He's the one who does those really funny looking pictures. He was replaced by Tetsuya Nomura in FFVII, but still does concept art for the series. Also, Vampire Hunter D.

Nomura, besides being the character designer directed Kingdom Hearts and is directing Versus. His character design went from cool unlikely characters like Barrett to the off-coloured spiky anime style haircuts FF is famous for. That is why everyone in XIII, KH, and Versus look the same. Prior to that it was restricted to his main characters (Cloud, Squall, Tidus). I am hoping this design trend is more SE's doing than Nomura himself, as he has stated that Versus will be the darkest in the series and include blood. I hope it also includes good characters, ones that swear and yell at their wives to get tea for their guests instead of just cry all the time.

Yasumi Matsuno directed Vagrant Story and XII, and is famous for the Ogre Battle series before that. He was never really big in Square and departed during XII but is working on games in another company.

Nobuo Uematsu left SE sometime after X or XI, but still composes a good amount of SE's game's soundtracks.

Yoshinori Kitase has been writer/director/producer since near the beginning as well. He is still there.

Thanks for the info. So I guess that's why we won't be seeing a vagrant story sequel... ; ;
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-08-17 16:47:25  
Asura.Ashleh said: »
My gf's best friend is Japanese, born there, her mom's from there, etc,etc, and when I'm at her house or around her in general, I don't even talk about anime or jrpgs or anything like that. Just to avoid looking stupid.

You's racist, son.
Nah, I just don't want to waltz up in there like "YO FAMILY I LIEK WHAT YO COUNTRY BE'S MAKINZ! LUV DA AMINE AND ROLE PLAYING SPIKE HAIR GAMEZ."

It'd be like going over to a British persons house and being like "YO CULTURE IS SO COOL, LURV DA MONTY PYTHON."

Or better yet, going up to someone from New Zealand and being all like "LORD OF DA RINGS, LUVV DA LORD A DA RINGZ"
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-17 16:47:57  
What I don't like about Nomura is... well

Notice the pattern yet?
[+]
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-08-17 16:48:04  

You's racist, son.
Nah, I just don't want to waltz up in there like "YO FAMILY I LIEK WHAT YO COUNTRY BE'S MAKINZ! LUV DA AMINE AND ROLE PLAYING SPIKE HAIR GAMEZ."

It'd be like going over to a British persons house and being like "YO CULTURE IS SO COOL, LURV DA MONTY PYTHON."

Or better yet, going up to someone from New Zealand and being all like "LORD OF DA RINGS, LURV LORD A DA RINGZ"

SO YOU GUIZE LIKE DOCTOR WHO?
 Sylph.Yajirobe
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-08-17 16:48:46  
On the topic of weeaboos, a friend of mine is Japanese himself, moved here when he was like 10, speaks fluent english (doing alevels or something in it), and someone on FFXI tried to make him believe she was japanese (she's a 13 year old weeaboo) by using google translate sentences, he went along with it for so long before just telling her that he's japanese and raining on her parade.
For a while she also had the JP flag as her nationality on this website. xD
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-17 16:49:11  
Talking about anime, jrpgs, or cosplaying would be racist.
Five internets and a cookie for not talking about either.

^^^This^^^

I can't even count all the times that my friend has been hit on by some guy assuming that because she's Asian she enjoys anime, JRPGs, and cosplaying.

/facepalm
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-08-17 16:51:27  

What happened to this?

When Squaresoft had the confidence to name a main character Butz.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-08-17 16:52:25  
On the topic of weeaboos, a friend of mine is Japanese himself, moved here when he was like 10, speaks fluent english (doing alevels or something in it), and someone on FFXI tried to make him believe she was japanese (she's a 13 year old weeaboo) by using google translate sentences, he went along with it for so long before just telling her that he's japanese and raining on her parade.

Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-08-17 16:52:34  

What happened to this?

I lol'd. They were pretty *** confident back then.
 Sylph.Yajirobe
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2011-08-17 16:53:54  

Matching socks.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-08-17 16:55:13  
BURN THEM IN THE FIRES OF MOUNT DOOM
 Phoenix.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-17 16:55:22  

whats going on in this thread
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-08-17 16:55:48  

What happened to this?

Because clearly Amano's work was total ***and what Square really needed was androgynous characters that can only be told apart by their physics-defying hairdo

I love you Nomura, you're the best.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-17 16:55:56  
What happened to this?

I like your example, but....

What happened to this.
[+]
 Phoenix.Vael
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-08-17 16:57:45  
Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
I really couldn't disagree with this statement any more. Sakaguchi made Square, and he also ended it. The stories were his. The stories left with him. And god. Nomura can't do anything BUT hair. I don't think he has an ounce of real talent.

I am not a fan of Nomura in any way either. His designs for earlier FF were fine, Cloud included. I do hope that the company itself is forcing Nomura to design a certain way because it ruins my hope for individual humankind to think that someone can continuously do something so terribly. I think that theory holds some water, too, because character design does not necessarily mean that all of your characters are going to cry all the time - but alas, that's all they do in X, KH, and XIII. Why can't those girly looking characters still say "let's go to Junon, BOYEEE!" and go $&*#&% all the time? What happened to the lewd jokes? So basically I'm stating my issue isn't entirely with bad physical character design.

But idk about the Sakaguchi thing. He did only direct up to FFV. He is listed for "original concept" for the rest of them until he left, though. That can mean as much as an almost directing role or as little as "he started this franchise so he is being given credit even though he hasn't shown up to work in a week." The stories weren't even spectacular in his day, and the original game was just a knockoff of Dragon Quest. I do put some unverified merit to his name though, which is why I am interested in playing the Last Story if it ever comes out here.
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-08-17 16:58:39  
Ragnarok.Kongming said: »

What happened to this?

Because clearly Amano's work was total ***and what Square really needed was androgynous characters that can only be told apart by their physics-defying hairdo

I love you Nomura, you're the best.
"Hello, my name is Seymour Guido...er...Guado."
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 12 13