Squeenix Might Be Planning To Drop "Enix"

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Squeenix might be planning to drop "Enix"
Squeenix might be planning to drop "Enix"
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13
 Phoenix.Vael
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-08-17 14:35:56  
For those that think the merge has anything to do with the bad games, 80% of Square Enix's employees were from Square. Positions of power within the company were also kept by Square, ie Yoichi Wada is still the CEO.

Square Enix is now Square Enix Holdings, which owns what we know as Square Enix as well as the others they've acquired recently. Perhaps they're acquiring the Square trademark again to separate the Square and Enix brands beneath them; they are still going to be Square Enix.

Just like it's now "developed by Eidos, published by Square Enix," we will see "developed by Square, published by Square Enix."

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-17 14:45:46  
Fairy.Trig said: »
Ramuh.Rowland said: »
Voices ruins games. Lazy kids need to learn how to read.

I got to this thread a bit late... but this a million times over.

Granted, Zelda is one of the few series that shouldn't have voice overs...
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 14:46:49  
Phoenix.Oumura said: »
Yeah definitely. I remember wasting countless hours on the original and on Thousand Year Door. XD

Particularly excited that they're working on Paper Mario for the 3DS.
Series is in need of a new one on consoles though. Don't really consider Super Paper Mario an entry in the franchise. :\

It was decent, but nothing on the original or TTYD.

I cant wait for Paper Mario 3DS. It looks like there's going to be a toad and chain chomp ally
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-08-17 14:49:25  
Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
is* You're pretty much right.
Asura.Ashleh said: »
Final Fantasy X-2 was Squaresoft's doing, and IMO, that's where it started. They were going downhill before they became SquareEnix.
wat
One of the few "truly good" Final Fantasies, yet it had a major flaw: the characters

If that's the only flaw you can find you need your eyes checked.
 Ragnarok.Slade
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Slade 2011-08-17 14:49:54  
even if they change the name back it wouldn't be the same. the time with random encounters and turn based battles are over. The thing I miss the most though is definitely the world maps.

also this guy

By Drjones 2011-08-17 14:53:31  
Odin.Gosuapple said: »

I'd say it's more that shitty voice actors ruin games. Go play the first Lunar Star Story. It's a great game where, for once, the voices actually add to your gaming experience as a whole.
I suspect it's further compounded by the fact that there's been less of an effort to properly localize the scripts in recent years.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-17 14:56:31  
Ramuh.Sagittario said: »
is* You're pretty much right.
Final Fantasy X-2 was Squaresoft's doing, and IMO, that's where it started. They were going downhill before they became SquareEnix.
wat
One of the few "truly good" Final Fantasies, yet it had a major flaw: the characters

If that's the only flaw you can find you need your eyes checked.
Derp'd
I suppose I'm overrating it -.-
Final Fantasy X-2 shouldn't be... well.... Final Fantasy X-2.
It should have been a completely different game, but not a direct sequel to X, or, even better: not related to X at all.
Its engine needed a better game.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-08-17 15:05:21  

Take a good look at these people. Do it. They made some of the best video games ever made. Take one last look, because you'll never see them together again.

This is Square, or more accurately was Square, and all that remains is the standing man at the far right, who produced both XI and XIV.

Square, or perhaps Sakaguchi himself, made a decision after the success of FFVII that they should make a feature length film in full CGI. The money put into this project, and not just the film but the fully developed animation studio in Hawaii, was staggering by any means of the word, and remains one of the biggest flops in Hollywood.

I don't blame the man for his vision. He told very entertaining stories. He also financially ruined the company, sadly, and his resignation marked the beginning of the end.

Enix had failed in the west, with its traditional approach to RPGs lacking the appeal that flashy graphics provide. They were still #1 in Japan, however, and this is what counts especially to a Japanese corporation. Dragon Quest will always be synonymous with RPG in the eyes of the Japanese, something that Final Fantasy strived to and yet never achieved.

The merger -- and it's really hard to call it that -- was not a shaking of hands, two adversaries coming to agreement, but Enix pulling Square out of its sinking ship for the mere incentive of publishing outside Japan.

Of course, they've grown much larger now, a global conglomerate, comprised of other failed businesses (and their IP rights) such as Eidos.

THAT is Square Enix. And no matter what they do, or how they change their name, they will never be Square again. A legacy died quite some time ago, and someone has been presenting a very convincing illusion that it still lives simply because they own the property rights.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-17 15:08:11  
Am I the only one who thinks they all look like high school/college students in those pics?
Also, I like your post.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-17 15:32:23  
Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
Take a good look at these people. Do it. They made some of the best video games ever made. Take one last look, because you'll never see them together again. This is Square, or more accurately was Square, and all that remains is the standing man at the far right, who produced both XI and XIV. Square, or perhaps Sakaguchi himself, made a decision after the success of FFVII that they should make a feature length film in full CGI. The money put into this project, and not just the film but the fully developed animation studio in Hawaii, was staggering by any means of the word, and remains one of the biggest flops in Hollywood. I don't blame the man for his vision. He told very entertaining stories. He also financially ruined the company, sadly, and his resignation marked the beginning of the end. Enix had failed in the west, with its traditional approach to RPGs lacking the appeal that flashy graphics provide. They were still #1 in Japan, however, and this is what counts especially to a Japanese corporation. Dragon Quest will always be synonymous with RPG in the eyes of the Japanese, something that Final Fantasy strived to and yet never achieved. The merger -- and it's really hard to call it that -- was not a shaking of hands, two adversaries coming to agreement, but Enix pulling Square out of its sinking ship for the mere incentive of publishing outside Japan. Of course, they've grown much larger now, a global conglomerate, comprised of other failed businesses (and their IP rights) such as Eidos. THAT is Square Enix. And no matter what they do, or how they change their name, they will never be Square again. A legacy died quite some time ago, and someone has been presenting a very convincing illusion that it still lives simply because they own the property rights.

while it saddens me to agree with you, I know that this is probably correct. I have the glimmer of hope (read: winning the lotto) that the dev team will soon try to emulate their predescesors to "breath life back into their company".

I like coke better than pepsi. Sorry.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-08-17 15:37:51  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
I like coke better than pepsi. Sorry.
Not going to go into deep depth about my avatar, but the photo (not mine) is symbolic of something and I find the way it is symbolized with cans of soda to be humorous. Personally I don't have a cola preference.

ALSO!! I admit Wada may be in that photo. I can't really tell.

EDIT: He is most certainly not. Joined in 2000, couldn't possibly be in this picture.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-17 15:39:42  
I got the avatar, I just couldn't stand by while all those pepsi's ganged up on the elderly but delicious cola.
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-17 15:42:26  
Squeeeee?
 Asura.Ashleh
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-08-17 15:44:30  

This is a quality game. I love the rope and latern oil.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-08-17 15:46:57  

Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-08-17 15:51:27  
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Squeeeee?
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2011-08-17 15:54:01  
Asura.Sandolphon said: »
Caitsith.Zahrah said: »
Squeeeee?

Why haven't these images been showing up lately?
 Asura.Alymorel
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2011-08-17 15:55:22  
I got the avatar, I just couldn't stand by while all those pepsi's ganged up on the elderly but delicious cola.

?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-08-17 15:56:18  
much better.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-08-17 16:00:20  
Asura.Alymorel said: »

?
!
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-08-17 16:01:42  

?

What is this? Some comment on racism... or high school?
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2011-08-17 16:02:46  
What is this? Some comment on racist... or high school?
Alas, the beauty of art.
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-08-17 16:03:22  

?

I'm guessing it's some sort of comment on mob mentality/group think, persecution of otakus by neanderthalic jocks, etc.
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-08-17 16:05:13  

?

I'm guessing it's some sort of comment on mob mentality/group think, persecution of otakus by neanderthalic jocks, etc.

So, high school?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-08-17 16:06:11  
I find it all very silly (photos are funny though). They both taste practically the same to me.
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-08-17 16:06:15  

?

So, high school?
Yeah, but it happens all the time. I get beat up at work all the time for being into screamo, the persecution doesn't stop at high school.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-17 16:07:22  
Well, otakus do deserve it.
[+]
 Asura.Ashleh
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-08-17 16:07:45  
Screamo Extreme-oh!
Well, otakus do deserve it.

Yeah, that's why I quit going outside after high-school. Man, those days were terrible.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-17 16:10:12  
That is clearly not pepsi or coke but a big red in disguise. His blood shows the truth.

On topic though, what happened to all the original square people? I'm sure many of them went off to make their own dev teams or companies.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13