Squeenix Might Be Planning To Drop "Enix"

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Squeenix might be planning to drop "Enix"
Squeenix might be planning to drop "Enix"
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-08-17 11:15:03  
All I remember from 9 Is staring at Dagger's *** all day, and Vivi being pretty cool
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-08-17 11:16:10  
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I think Flion meant the character design and not how good the game looked (IX). They were supposed to be 16ish but they looked younger because they were kinda deformed. I actually liked that style but it seems a lot of people didn't.

Yeah those lists were based on reception and critics, but *** them.
You have to trust your own judgement in the long run. What matters is your perception; not some schmooze fanboy or uptight trainwreck of a reviewer.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-08-17 11:17:57  
I never listen to reviewers ever, (unless the reviews or over something really crappy, and they reviewer is funny aka, avgn and nostalgia critic.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-08-17 11:19:36  
Artemicion said: »
I think Flion meant the character design and not how good the game looked (IX). They were supposed to be 16ish but they looked younger because they were kinda deformed. I actually liked that style but it seems a lot of people didn't.

You have to trust your own judgement in the long run. What matters is your perception; not some schmooze fanboy or uptight trainwreck of a reviewer.

It's my favorite FF by far. I'd say followed by 12 but not because of story (what story >_>) or music but because of the hunts and gameplay.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-08-17 11:21:46  

It's my favorite FF by far. I'd say followed by 12 but not because of story (what story >_>) or music but because of the hunts and gameplay.

FF12 was the only ff I actually havent played, Ive played all the rest, and beaten most. I Probably will play ff12 soon though.
 Phoenix.Arhat
サーバ: Phoenix
user: lithical
By Phoenix.Arhat 2011-08-17 11:22:10  
Ramuh.Rowland said: »
Lies. FFVI was perfect.
Except for the mblock bug; I agree. I know there were a lot of bugs like that but this is the only one that required you to gimp your gear choices or use it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 11:22:56  

That's exactly what I'm saying about the newer iterations of the series. The entire problem is that people immediately scoff at any new Square games regardless. I remember it happening with IX, X and XII mostly.

And not picking on you Arte, because I understand your point of view on the series, but it's already happening with XIII-2 (Which is fair enough due to X-2 being a complete and utter failure in the eyes of the majority), XIII versus and Type-0.

Like, let's take Type-0 as an example.

People complained about the fact there was only 3 party members, so they made it so you had 4.

People complained about a lack of a world map, so they gave it one.

People complained at the increase in linearity in the newer FF's, so they added towns, dungeons and sidequests.

People complained about all the weapons being too sci-fi, so they added a load of traditional weapons

People complained about a non traditional battle system, so they made it as traditional as they could.

And yet people are still complaining about it.

People loved KH, as soon as Nomura says he's working on XIII versus which is a more gritty and mature KH, people dismiss it because it's an FF game.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-08-17 11:23:20  

This actually really makes me wana play ff12. just to see wtf is goin on.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-08-17 11:26:08  
LOL I just did that part in FFXII last night. I've always wanted to cosplay Vaan just to run around a convention screaming that.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-08-17 11:26:42  
Know what would make me really happy?
If Squeenix got back in bed with Mistwalker.

Imagine the budget scale of SE, with the development power of Mistwalker (the guys that walked out from Square post Enix merge).

/swoon
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-08-17 11:26:58  
While 12 has a pretty meh story it has a really cool world, something 13 really lacked imo :/ It felt "alive" since you had a lot of npcs running around towns and at different outposts.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 11:27:50  

Imagine the budget scale of SE, with the development power of Mistwalker (the guys that walked out from Square post Enix merge).

/swoon

Lost odyssey was a great and very underrated game.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-08-17 11:29:57  
Shiva.Flionheart said: »

/swoon

Lost odyssey was a great and very underrated game.

My sister actually gave me that game after she beat it, for xbox 360, I have yet to play, its been laying around though
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-17 11:30:59  
I enjoyed Blue Dragon also.

I'm just really partial to turn based combat.

Same, true turn based specifically.

No ATB or crap like that.

The Lord of the Rings Third age had great turn based combat, and is another very underrated game.
 Phoenix.Vael
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-08-17 11:34:12  
A profit loss doesn't necessarily indicate the company is failing and needs to be 'saved' as implied.

Personal opinions of whether or not some of the latest games in the series are good or bad don't matter either; XIII broke 6 million in sales which is not that much lower than VII and higher than what some of us consider the best games in the series. Granted, cost of development means the net profit is lower.

Unfortunately, all of the fanboys need to understand that Square is not interested in developing good games anymore. They are interested in developing for profit - if you hadn't noticed, they are a holdings company; what you know as Square Enix is now only a subsidiary of a corporation only interested in acquiring other companies and investing. Since when does localizing manga have to do with developing great videogames? It doesn't - they're cashing in on their weeaboo fanbase.

It would be a better idea to follow particular directors of their games now. If you're a fan of Tetsuya Nomura (I don't know why you would be, I don't understand how character design as good as Shadow & Setzer and Barrett & Cid turn exclusively into a rainbow of hair colour and indistinguishable design), follow Versus and KHIII. If you liked Vagrant Story and XII, follow Matsuno in whatever that company was he joined. Don't buy SE's spinoff products that have no relation to the original creators.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-08-17 11:35:33  
Shiva.Flionheart said: »

People loved KH, as soon as Nomura says he's working on XIII versus which is a more gritty and mature KH, people dismiss it because it's an FF game.

see now thats the prob it use be FF games were the standard that everyone tryed to strive to reach and everytime one was coming out it was a big deal and a event everyone anticipated greatly. It would be to the point like with 7 people would buy a whole dif game to get ff demo cd inside (personally i think that hurt tobal it was a good game that never got a chance). Now its like oh look another ff game coming out has it event been 6 months, i wonder how crappy this one gonna be...
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-08-17 11:36:45  
I feel it should be "SE is running out of ideas" rather than "SE is more interested in making profit."

Game companies are ALWAYS trying to make a profit, don't try to think otherwise.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-08-17 11:36:49  
I didn't say that :o
Fix your quotes!

Though... I don't exactly disagree.
 Ragnarok.Madmaxximist
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Madmaxximist 2011-08-17 11:42:50  
Enix is the greatest thing to happen to Squaresoft since Final Fantasy. Enix is a powerhouse in the gaming industry, especially when it comes to RPG's, they would be stupid to drop it...
 Hades.Medjai
サーバ: Hades
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2011-08-17 11:45:24  
Ragnarok.Madmaxximist said: »
Enix is the greatest thing to happen to Squaresoft since Final Fantasy. Enix is a powerhouse in the gaming industry, especially when it comes to RPG's, they would be stupid to drop it...
Enix WAS a powerhouse, when they merged the best of both companies went out the window and what was left was a giant pile of crap which used to be called Final Fantasy
By Artemicion 2011-08-17 11:50:30  
Ramuh.Haseyo said: »
I feel it should be "SE is running out of ideas" rather than "SE is more interested in making profit."

Game companies are ALWAYS trying to make a profit, don't try to think otherwise.

It's a catch 22.
With production costs being ridiculously high, they need to pull out major guns in marketing if they hope of even making it within profit margins. The problem with that though is it means less risk can be taken when it comes to developing the basis of a new game. They have to essentially prove to those that give them the license that it will be successful. Which ultimately results in your Call of Duty rehash syndrome. It alienates everyone in the grand scheme of things, but because things are new, shiny and still hold some iota of entertainment, they'll keep selling.
With how much it costs to make a game and get it out there, there simply isn't any room for "Hey, let's try this!" anymore.
 Cerberus.Texasprincess
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Texasprincess 2011-08-17 11:56:34  
Maybe they should work on 14 instead of working on re-branding? i would assume that would help their "Image" more than a name change
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-08-17 11:57:57  
Cerberus.Texasprincess said: »
Maybe they should work on 14 instead of working on re-branding? i would assume that would help their "Image" more than a name change
They seem to be capable of both at once
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-08-17 11:58:09  
They need to remake games in 16bit.

16bit FFX would be very, very amusing.
By Artemicion 2011-08-17 11:59:03  
Cerberus.Texasprincess said: »

It's admirable they went as far as they have for patching up XIV.
Unfortunately due to the nature of MMOs, it is more or less a lost cause already. Once you lose the trust of your target audience, they will have already devoted their time to something else more worthwhile for their time. Relying on devotees and the virtue they'll get some friends back to play isn't enough to hold the game afloat in terms of sustaining the production costs; let alone making up for them.

But I am very happy SE at least took the time and effort to work on what had has gorgeous potential rather than throwing it out like a Prom Night Dumpster Baby.

Edited for faith.
 Cerberus.Texasprincess
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Texasprincess 2011-08-17 12:01:29  
Finally!!!! chocobos! isn't this what ppl have been asking for since release? A little under a year of waiting and we get chocobos! well they r developing them i guess... lol well better than nothing
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 13