Ninja Job Adjustments - Answers To User Suggest.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninja Job Adjustments - Answers to User Suggest.
Ninja Job Adjustments - Answers to User Suggest.
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-16 16:25:41  
Kalilla makes for a good filter ;D

also i don't carry around my security token so I don't ever log into SE official stuff while I'm not @ home. I for one am thankful for the posts.. not to mention it actually stirs up in game conversation and sometimes meaningful discussions about a job depending on who comes in trying to derail it.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-08-16 16:27:20  
Siren.Alicenchains said: »
do you really not have a life?

taking a mere minute out of your day to post news =! not having a life
By Pooman 2011-08-16 16:41:24  
While I don't agree with Alice I don't see a need to post the JPN version with a horrible translation that no one can even begin to comprehend. I'd wager the majority on this site don't understand the language. Might as well wait for the ENG version as it seems no one will bother translating it.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-16 16:41:52  
They just released the english version of the drg teaser (wyvern's take less damage).

So they are going to release the english versions of today's news right now.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-16 16:46:06  
Pooman said: »
While I don't agree with Alice I don't see a need to post the JPN version with a horrible translation that no one can even begin to comprehend. I'd wager the majority on this site don't understand the language. Might as well wait for the ENG version as it seems no one will bother translating it.

If you take a moment to read into it, it's not that hard to decipher. The language from google translate is a bit wonky, but it usually gives you a good idea of what is being talked about.
 Sylph.Kiaru
サーバ: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-16 16:46:36  
I translated the hard to understand questions ._.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-16 18:53:04  
English release is out:

08-16-2011 06:50 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Ninja feedback!

Go ninja, go ninja, go! <3

Quote:
I want shurikens to be improved.
Shurikens are not weak weapons, but they are not used very much because they are expensive, and it is difficult to obtain a shuriken that fits your level. We are working towards addressing these issues.

Regarding adjustments to ninja itself, we are planning on focusing on merit point categories initially. Concurrently, we would like to work on adding high level shuriken and increasing accessibility. We have received requests for adding additional effects and enfeebling effects to shuriken, but it would be very inconvenient to have to carry various types of shuriken in addition to ninja tools, so we plan to continue to separately utilize ninjutsu for enfeebling effects and shuriken for damage.
Quote:
I would like Yonin/Innin to be sustained abilities.
In exchange for the effects wearing off after a predetermined time, we were able to craft effects that are very powerful. It is possible for the ability to be changed so that the effects are sustained for a long period. In this case, the effects will not wear off, and a weaker version of the effects could be maintained. However, the strong effects that exist currently would have to be weakened, so we don’t think this is desirable.
Quote:
I want an ability that resets hate by throwing a smoke bomb.
For a job that has the versatility of not only dealing damage but also the ability to tank quite efficiently, we don’t have any plans of adding an ability that controls hate.
Quote:
I would like the power of elemental ninjutsu increased.
The power of elemental ninjutsu can be increased through ninjutsu skill, skill bonuses, abilities such as Innin and Futae, and gear with magic attack bonus. We believe that elemental ninjutsu is sufficiently effective when used in conjunction with the above. However, we do think there is an issue with accuracy, so we are looking into a solution.
Quote:
I want the duration of Monomi/Tonko to be increased to a length similar to the duration of magic spells.
Ninjutsu doesn’t have the downside of being detected by magic aggressive enemies when casting, so it’s much easier to recast ninjutsu than magic spells. Thus, the duration of ninjutsu is shorter than magic spells.
Quote:
I want some way to recover HP using ninjutsu.
We have no plans of adding recovery type spells for ninjas. We would like players to choose a job with recovery spells as their support job or have their party members cover them.
Quote:
I would like “Ni” and “San” upgrades added to enfeebling ninjutsu.
If we are to add upgrades to ninjutsu, we would like them to be learned as merit points similar to red mage, so we will look into this during our adjustment of merit points.
Quote:
I would like ninjutsu that protects players from AoE spells added.
We have decided that ninjas will be weak against AoE spells in exchange for having strong defense against single attacks, with Utsusemi being the focal point.
Quote:
Ninja Tools: I want to be able to create inoshishinofuda/shikanofuda/chonofuda through synthesis.
We are planning on implementing this.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-16 19:08:31  
For the most part people understood the translated jumble with a little thinking and some translation help~
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-16 19:26:16  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
@ .Kalilla , Why do you feel the need to post every piece of nonsense they post on the official forums when any user here can simply go to the site themselves....do you really not have a life?
Some people don't visit the official forums, and it is for those people I have posted the topic here for discussion. You're not the first person to bring it up, but for the most part what anyone would tell you is if you don't want to read it you don't have to. If people truly didn't want to discuss anything that I have posted they wouldn't respond. It is because discussion takes place that I have continued to provide updates to the FFXIAH community on my free time.

It's not like I have just started doing this, I have done this for some time now. I have received positive comments from many members for providing information on this site, as well as admin's and mods. I would also object that I post everything from the site here, as I choose to leave a large majority of things out. If it is maintenance I post it with server times, if it is update information about adjustments to a game system I post it.

Me posting this information is not an attack towards you, and was in no way meant to. I see no reason for you to lash out at me when I don't even know who you are. There is a lot more nonsense topics on this site than me linking to update information, so I don't see the need to stop.

I don't think anyone really minds you posting the info here. Are you planning a dat mine? If so maybe we can pool our resources at update time.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-16 19:27:49  
The best part was:
Quote:
Go ninja, go ninja, go!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-16 19:28:05  
Shiva.Flionheart said: »
@ .Kalilla , Why do you feel the need to post every piece of nonsense they post on the official forums when any user here can simply go to the site themselves....do you really not have a life?
Some people don't visit the official forums, and it is for those people I have posted the topic here for discussion. You're not the first person to bring it up, but for the most part what anyone would tell you is if you don't want to read it you don't have to. If people truly didn't want to discuss anything that I have posted they wouldn't respond. It is because discussion takes place that I have continued to provide updates to the FFXIAH community on my free time.

It's not like I have just started doing this, I have done this for some time now. I have received positive comments from many members for providing information on this site, as well as admin's and mods. I would also object that I post everything from the site here, as I choose to leave a large majority of things out. If it is maintenance I post it with server times, if it is update information about adjustments to a game system I post it.

Me posting this information is not an attack towards you, and was in no way meant to. I see no reason for you to lash out at me when I don't even know who you are. There is a lot more nonsense topics on this site than me linking to update information, so I don't see the need to stop.

I don't think anyone really minds you posting the info here. Are you planning a dat mine? If so maybe we can pool our resources at update time.
I don't know how to do that stuff XD Plus I like waiting eagerly for the new information you guys pull out, makes it fun.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-16 19:31:35  

I don't know how to do that stuff XD Plus I like waiting eagerly for the new information you guys pull out, makes it fun.

I did it last update, but it was kinda sloppy because I was in a rush, but ok lol.
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
user: batboy267
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-08-16 19:32:24  
Quote:
Quote:
Ninja Tools: I want to be able to create inoshishinofuda/shikanofuda/chonofuda through synthesis.

We are planning on implementing this.

Go Go woodworking profit?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-16 19:57:32  

I did it last update, but it was kinda sloppy because I was in a rush, but ok lol.
If I could help I would, but I usually am the last one that downloads the update even if I start right when they let people. I would be of no help really unless you want to organize the data neatly. Other than that I can't really help :(
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-08-16 20:04:42  
Your effort is appreciated Kalila.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mystina
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-16 21:30:29  
Quote:
Shurikens are not weak weapons, but they are not used very much because they are expensive, and it is difficult to obtain a shuriken that fits your level. We are working towards addressing these issues.

Regarding adjustments to ninja itself, we are planning on focusing on merit point categories initially. Concurrently, we would like to work on adding high level shuriken and increasing accessibility. We have received requests for adding additional effects and enfeebling effects to shuriken, but it would be very inconvenient to have to carry various types of shuriken in addition to ninja tools, so we plan to continue to separately utilize ninjutsu for enfeebling effects and shuriken for damage.

I don't think they realize that the other reason is that throwing does not have WSs..so maybe the person should have asked about that.strong or not i don't see many people using these unless they have very high base damage like winds from sky for example. or at least close to that.
 Bahamut.Zangada
サーバ: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-08-16 21:49:10  
Cerberus.Mystina said: »
Quote:

I don't think they realize that the other reason is that throwing does not have WSs..so maybe the person should have asked about that.strong or not i don't see many people using these unless they have very high base damage like winds from sky for example. or at least close to that.

I wouldnt say that, id use it if the best items wasnt from a pain in the *** quest that only drops 1 at a time and is only lvl 75. I havent seen any throwing items pass 75.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-16 22:04:48  
If stars gave a more significant TP gain I could see them being more valuable. Even though I doubt(know) they wont add a throwing WS (even though being able to throw 3-5 at once would be cool) it would be a TP gain option for damaging NIN WS's. I don't want to think of ninja as almost like a sam but it makes sense to me if it would allow tp to be gained faster than normal so ninjas can ws more often.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-16 22:07:49  
If stars gave a more significant TP gain I could see them being more valuable. Even though I doubt(know) they wont add a throwing WS (even though being able to throw 3-5 at once would be cool) it would be a TP gain option for damaging NIN WS's. I don't want to think of ninja as almost like a sam but it makes sense to me if it would allow tp to be gained faster than normal so ninjas can ws more often.

You can throw 3-5 at once..well multiples.. its called Sange if I'm not mistaken. It just also expends shadows, which is why its bleh imho lol.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2011-08-16 22:16:04  

Would like to say I appreciate you posting these because I dont use the official forums so its nice to be able to see this stuff.
[+]
 Cerberus.Mystina
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-16 22:32:16  
Ifrit.Eikechi said: »

You can throw 3-5 at once..well multiples.. its called Sange if I'm not mistaken. It just also expends shadows, which is why its bleh imho lol.

I wouldnt even mind sange if the damage was really high. but consuming all shadows for 150 damage is not exactly a good trade off
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-16 22:33:20  

really... crap...

I did not know >.>; lmao...... good thing I'm not a ninja otherwise I would of felt more noobish than I do now :P
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-16 22:37:35  

Can throw 6 now actually.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-08-17 00:10:51  
Thank gawd I skilled up Throwing to 320 something!

Unfortunately throwing stars dmg is gonna have to be quite high to still be viable dmg for NINs. Also practically useless in abyssea regardless of dmg potential.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-08-17 00:18:48  
Just watch them add an empyrean fuuma shuriken.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-17 00:19:45  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Your effort is appreciated Kalila.
^

Also holy ***they're actually looking into higher tier enfeebles, I'm pleasantly surprised right now.

New shurikens would be nice I guess... they're really not particularly powerful when you bring haste and DW into the picture along with the issue of manual attacking for /ra but that's ok, it's a secondary option rather than our default. It'd be good for situations where I'm on NIN for whatever reason and can't spend much time up close and personal though, maybe TP with shurikens then run in to WS.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-17 00:26:19  
What ever they do, they would have to make them appealing to the players and have some incentive to bring them along. I personally would love to see ninja's actually using them, as I think it is a huge theme for the job. The problem is they don't give any benefits to the job other than it's a ranged attack... when you have elemental ninjutsu for that except for the gaining tp part.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-08-17 01:55:43  
I would like the power of elemental ninjutsu increased.

It's fine....

We want Jubaku Ni
Thats the only spell in the entire game, that we NEED
ever.... 91-99, just need it
will be set for LIFE.
FOREVER

WE WANT JUBAKU NI!
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-08-19 13:40:18  
Issekigan (Lv. 95)
Increases chance of parrying, and gives an enmity bonus upon a successful parry attempt.

Son of a ***
[+]
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-08-19 13:44:40  
Phoenix.Kirana said: »
Just watch them add an empyrean fuuma shuriken.
I would love this...