RDM Job Manifesto
First Page 2 3 4 ... 22 23 24
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-11 11:07:29  
Asura.Werdxi said:
Why would sch ever expect something like gravity II? they are a very straight forward mages. Nuke/Cure. they have practically no enfeebles to begin with and the ones they do require addenda. People need to remember what their jobs are good at, and stop asking for things that dont make sense or im gunna ask for drg to get velocity shot
It's not that SCH was expecting it, SE just kind of threw it out there lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
サーバ: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-08-11 11:16:52  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Asura.Werdxi said:
Why would sch ever expect something like gravity II? they are a very straight forward mages. Nuke/Cure. they have practically no enfeebles to begin with and the ones they do require addenda. People need to remember what their jobs are good at, and stop asking for things that dont make sense or im gunna ask for drg to get velocity shot
It's not that SCH was expecting it, SE just kind of threw it out there lol

Back on track people! RDM manifesto, not SCH. =D
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-08-11 11:33:11  
i dont think sch will get gravity2 over rdm, sch hardly have any enfeebling magic, + have way more cooler spells than rdm, gravity2 for rdm would be nice to fix the job a lil, but rdm needs a huge fix, sch will do just fine on cap 95 with tier5 blizzard and cure5, (those spells are very predictable because it follows a pattern)
サーバ: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2011-08-11 11:38:04  
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
i dont think sch will get gravity2 over rdm, sch hardly have any enfeebling magic, + have way more cooler spells than rdm, gravity2 for rdm would be nice to fix the job a lil, but rdm needs a huge fix, sch will do just fine on cap 95 with tier5 blizzard and cure5, (those spells are very predictable because it follows a pattern)

I thought we already had a quote in here that debunked sch and rdm getting cure5
 Phoenix.Fondue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-11 11:49:21  
gravity 2 is just about the last thing I want for rdm at the moment
By Cathaldus 2011-08-11 11:49:21  
Siren.Screamingbabies said:
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:

I thought we already had a quote in here that debunked sch and rdm getting cure5

Specifically said SCH would not get it in the update, but they're not saying they won't.

Never said RDM, but were they to get it, then it would be this update as RDM get all Cure spells before SCH and PLD.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
サーバ: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2011-08-11 11:58:52  
Would giving RDM Cure V really be game/job-breaking?
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-11 12:01:37  
Cerberus.Sephrin said:

odd there was no question about it.. I guess we can pray
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-11 12:04:29  
Sylph.Kiaru said:
All they did was answer stupid useless melee questions ~_~

The only good question was the enhancing magic one.

Quote:
I like the idea of RDM changing from a healer into a Enhancing and debuffing mage, and make sure to add NM's that would suffer the effects. No point in adding RDM abilities if they have no realistic use in game.
^ I agree with this, would be so fun. Debuffs are what I love about RDM

@Ninian, are your numbers counting the +60% from 5/5 af3+2 and af3 cape? Because I get different numbers for my spell durations, haste is 9 mins with composure..
Idr lol. I trust people are mature enough to see how long their spells last.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-11 12:05:21  
Cerberus.Sephrin said:

It would replace WHM, I can tell you that. Especially outside of Abyssea
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-11 12:06:18  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Cerberus.Sephrin said:

back to armies of rdms yes! whm was only good for stona and r3 before abyssea :(
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-11 12:07:34  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Cerberus.Sephrin said:

It would likely replace it for most events, not all. That'd be enough to piss me off though. :x
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-08-11 12:07:45  
SCH gets hastega, RDM cure V. There, your jobs are fixed.
/trollface
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-11 12:08:33  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
SCH gets hastega, RDM cure V. There, your jobs are fixed.
/trollface

whm gets cure SEVEN

they have to spell out seven in all caps
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-11 12:09:57  
wish that uncharm spell went to rdm :( hate dem porrogos
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-11 12:21:00  
how much cure potency does RDM currently have access to? 35%? EDIT: 43%

Augur Gloves 42% > Serp Set 43%

If RDM gets Cure V, I'll prolly have another job to level.
 Siren.Inuyushi
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-08-11 12:30:28  
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
how much cure potency does RDM currently have access to? 35%? Augur Gloves 34% > Serp Set 35% If RDM gets Cure V, I'll prolly have another job to level.

5% more if you add the scenario legs
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-11 12:31:58  
and the MKD hat is 3% as well
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-11 12:37:43  
oh yea forgot about those two.. i'll add em

yea RDM will trump WHM if given cure V ; ;

..no cureskin though
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-11 12:54:40  
I really doubt the majority of people who play rdm but dont have whm leveled have any of that gear besides the serpentes
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-11 12:56:56  
Phoenix.Fondue said:
I really doubt the majority of people who play rdm but dont have whm leveled have any of that gear yet besides the serpentes

They will go get if they add Cure V

Also I know a few of people with RDM who have Surya's staff but don't have WHM. All backup healers really should have it.
 Sylph.Kiaru
サーバ: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-11 13:11:54  
WHM is a better healer than RDM even if RDM had cure5 :/ The gap just wouldn't be so huge that a RDM is equal to blm/whm mainhealing.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-08-11 13:52:27  
From what I've been seeing in this thread is that most Rdm's here are concerned with their role in a party atmosphere. I myself, won't accept an invite to a party on Rdm if I'm main healer (unless I'm allowed to melee as well). I take alot of pride in my Rdm, having capped it not once, but twice. I have a 75 Rdm mule with world access I used specifically for Hnm camping. Cure V? SE can keep it. If I need Cure V, with what I do on rdm, I'm doing something terribly wrong. It would mean I'm using it on myself. Sch, Blm, Dnc, any of em, can never duplicate what a Rdm can. A Sch is more geared towards a party atmosphere than a rdm. Rightfully so. Rdm's, imho, are the creme on top of the soloist tiers, and what enables them to remain there, is their fast cast and enfeebs. Not to mention, their ability to recover mp at a faster rate than any other mage class.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-08-11 14:00:26  
I don't see how rdm having cure 5 would put whms out of a job. Even if my rdm had cure 5 I would still rather use my alt's whm for healing... Whm isn't just massive healing.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-08-11 14:05:56  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
I don't see how rdm having cure 5 would put whms out of a job. Even if my rdm had cure 5 I would still rather use my alt's whm for healing... Whm isn't just massive healing.
Yeah, I have a nicely geared Whm for this too. My Rdm isn't available to a party as main healing. Not that I couldn't do it, I just refuse to have my Rdm be subjected to it.
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-08-11 14:06:50  
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
I really doubt the majority of people who play rdm but dont have whm leveled have any of that gear yet besides the serpentes

They will go get if they add Cure V

Also I know a few of people with RDM who have Surya's staff but don't have WHM. All backup healers really should have it.

Count me among those people that have one. Aside from those awful bottled Pixie trials, it was easy to complete.

I don't have WHM leveled, but my RDM has Serpentes Hands/Feet and Surya's +2. It also has an NQ Fylgja Torque and a Roundel Earring (which also sees use on DNC). I consider RDM melee largely irrelevant and little more than a hobbyist's pursuit, so I gear and play my RDM solely as a mage. Healing is just part of playing such an adaptable and speedy mage as RDM - that adaptability is why I leveled the job in the first place.

It's a blast. I'm taking a break from the game right now, and of any of my jobs, I think RDM is the one I miss playing most.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-11 14:40:48  
Sylph.Kiaru said:
WHM is a better healer than RDM even if RDM had cure5 :/ The gap just wouldn't be so huge that a RDM is equal to blm/whm mainhealing.
It wouldn't be as large of a gap as you might think, plus fast recast times would make them faster and just about as powerful.

Even if they weren't as strong as WHM, it would be acceptable and would remove whm from the equation. People already do it now even without cure V since RDM gives more to the party than WHM can. They got whm's buffs, they can remove everything but charm (upcoming update), they can haste more efficiently and have a higher tier refresh plus phalanx on party members. They have a natural 15% reduction in recast, possibly even higher next update and bound to be at least 1 more by 99 making it 17.5% - 20%. They can sneak and invis party members, they can raise party members plus with abyssea raise 3 isn't even useful anymore since you earn the exp back in 30 seconds. It also can enfeeble the mob at a much more powerful level than whm could even wish for.

Basically, a rdm was given everything a whm can do, even one of whm's merits. Even without Cure V they can replace whm in almost any situation, and for the few it can't if they get cure V then it would. That would leave whm with sacrifice, as teleports are given with a simple sub change. And don't forget banish, every job is so jealous of those spells. Seriously though, if you needed to proc a light spell you would still need a whm. If you wanted a fancy raise you can have a whm, but it doesn't matter anymore. If you want to use boost spells on your party members then that is where whm is going to be unique, but that's about it. And I guess if you want to compare regen then sure.

It's not all that much about if rdm is going to replace whm if they get cure V, they already have in many areas. It is nice to have a whm, but it's not all that much more than what a rdm can do.

Now, like what Liltrouble said:

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Ragnarok.Sekundes said:
Yeah, I have a nicely geared Whm for this too. My Rdm isn't available to a party as main healing. Not that I couldn't do it, I just refuse to have my Rdm be subjected to it.

Even though RDM gets these qualities, it doesn't mean they are going stop what they are doing and become the perma main healers. If they gave rdm cure V, that would move more people to the job, even past whms. I don't think that necessarily is a good reason to move, that's like saying people moved to ninja because it suddenly became popular again. Same thing can be said for monk. Although a move from whm to rdm isn't the same as those really, the principle is the same. The uniqueness of whm would be lost even more than it is, and rdm would just be the better overall job for every situation. WHM will always be the cure ***, but that is because we are good at it. If they give rdm or sch cure V we would have some advantages still, for instance cureskin, but there will be more people healing on rdm/sch no question.
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2011-08-11 14:43:49  
WHM is boring and hell and should be changed anyways :D
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-11 14:46:11  
Sylph.Kiaru said:
WHM is boring and hell and should be changed anyways :D
The same could be said with any job, it depends entirely on the player.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-11 14:49:22  
WHM is a mules job
First Page 2 3 4 ... 22 23 24