First Page 2 ... 22 23 24
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-10 12:57:10  
Camate said:
Greetings red mages!

Thanks for all of your feedback and sorry to keep you waiting! Here are a handful of responses we got from the development team in regards to your questions and requests.

Quote:
Do you have any plans to enhance the viability of our sword-wielding proficiency?

As was stated in the preface of the job adjustments concept, the core concept of these adjustments is to make each job useful in HNM fights as well as other battle-related content. That said, we mentioned that the job adjustments will focus on party structuring, but that doesn’t mean that we will not be looking into the sword-wielding proficiency of red mages. We are actually planning adjustments to red mage’s proficiencies in the upcoming version update.

Quote:
Make it possible to add enfeebling effects to En-spells.

We have no plans for this at the moment. When looking at the current system, where enfeebles take place using magic and En-spells increase damage, we’re pretty satisfied with the current separation of the two.

Quote:
Add higher tier En-spells.

Planning to add these during the next version update. However, this isn’t going to be the tier-III version, we are thinking about a different type of En-spell.

Quote:
Add an ability that enhances the effect of En-spells.

We would like to look into perhaps having this take place through merit points.

Quote:
Make it possible for red mage to use Enlight and Endark.

Enlight and Endark are special magic spells for paladin and dark knight respectively and we have no plans to add them to red mage at this time.

Quote:
Get rid of the 100% enfeeble resists on some monsters.

In regards to monsters that are completely resistant to certain spells, there is a high possibility that we won’t make any significant changes. However, there aren’t really too many of these monsters, so in regards to adjustments making it possible to land enfeebling magic easier, we feel it would be better for red mage’s to experience this effect on a larger amount of monsters.

Quote:
Add new enhancing magic.

Since enhancing magic is an area that red mages excel at, we would like to add something. We have been receiving a lot of ideas for enhancing magic and we will be keeping them in mind when exploring this subject.

Quote:
Will red mage be able to the use the higher tier Gravity?

We are planning to make this spell a red mage-specific spell, but are continuing to evaluate it.

Quote:
Allow red mages to use one-hand sword weapon skills that can only be used by certain jobs and support jobs. We also want staff weapon skills.

We will be looking into both of these along with the weapon skills revamp.

Quote:
Give red mage the “Fencer” job trait!

We looked into this, however, if we were to add this it wouldn’t be a job trait. The possibility is pretty high that it would be in the form of equipment that a red mage could wear.

Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/11518-Job-Adjustment%EF%BD%93-Manifesto-RDM?p=165408&viewfull=1#post165408

Mostly disappointing stuff and wasted questions. I welcome whatever Melee buffs we get (i used to melee a lot on RDM but I'm planning on an Almace for BLU and RDM), but I'm facepalming that SE is denying us Fencer as a job trait. lol@GearWeWillNeverUseOverHaste >_>

It also doesn't say much for the backline crowd. Can't say we're Enfeebling Masters if we're still getting our most powerful enfeebles resisted on HNMs. And can we just get Quick Magic, Elemental Stave-like Swords/Daggers, Regen III and Extremely useful Debuffs already? =\
 Bismarck.Aerison
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aerison
By Bismarck.Aerison 2011-08-10 13:13:02  
No cure 5 question? shits lame.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-10 13:14:10  
Bismarck.Aerison said:
Cure 5 won't fix RDM.

Sorry to break it to you, but just because it's a problem in abyssea doesn't mean it's an overall problem.
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
サーバ: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-08-10 13:14:35  
Bismarck.Aerison said:
As both a WHM and a RDM, I hope we never get Cure V. Not a RDM's job to cure. Just look at all the past Final Fantasy games that had a RDM in it, they got half the ***BLMs and WHMs had. "Jack of all trades, master at nothing." Or, rather, in this case, Enhancing and Enfeebling.

I hope to see more cure potency gear available to RDM and SCH before I see Cure V given to them.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-08-10 13:40:28  
Odin.Ryuotas said:
You could put Gravity II into auto-translate a few years ago. Just checked AltanaViewer there is an animation for Gravity II.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-10 13:40:39  
Odin.Ryuotas said:
Unless there was some new Gravity animation in the most recent .dat video? /shrug

Gravity 2 was in the dats since forever
By Pooman 2011-08-10 13:43:41  
I think it's (higher tier gravity) been tossed around in the official a few times, and maybe the person writing this assumed that people knew what was going on. I know I read about it on the SCH forums, with them being told they won't be getting the spell and it would red mage-specific (JPN forums).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-10 15:12:13  
Just found out the real reason for Gravity 2 being mentioned:

Camate said:
Quote:
Add spells that decrease an enemy’s evasion and TP gain.
We are planning to add a higher tier Gravity as a spell to reduce an enemy’s evasion. We will also be looking into spells that give the effect of subtle blow.

They mentioned this in the SCH notes first before addressing RDM.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-08-10 15:17:34  
In response to people saying "No Cure V question?":

People asked about Cure V in the Scholar Manifesto, and SE pretty much said "WHM ONRY!"
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-10 21:16:16  
What he said.

Camate said:
Quote:
Make it possible to use Cure V.
In regards to support capability, we’re thinking more in the direction of adjustments that will differ from white mage.

Instead of just simply adding a high-tier Cure, we’re looking into making it so scholars can raise their performance further by enhancing the effects of stratagem use and regen-type magic. However, this doesn’t mean that we won’t be adding a high-tier Cure later down the line.

With RDM and SCH getting Gravity II, this would also mean RDM and SCH will not be getting Cure 5

Deal with It
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-10 21:22:50  
I like the idea of RDM changing from a healer into a Enhancing and debuffing mage, and make sure to add NM's that would suffer the effects. No point in adding RDM abilities if they have no realistic use in game.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-10 21:28:47  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
I like the idea of RDM changing from a healer into a Enhancing and debuffing mage, and make sure to add NM's that would suffer the effects. No point in adding RDM abilities if they have no realistic use in game.
I agree, I never liked being Pink Mage.
By Paulus 2011-08-10 21:36:45  
Did I read correctly that they want to add "MORE" monsters that are resistant to enfeebles? That's fruity in the booty.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-08-10 21:56:34  
What they said: In regards to monsters that are completely resistant to certain spells, there is a high possibility that we won’t make any significant changes. However, there aren’t really too many of these monsters, so in regards to adjustments making it possible to land enfeebling magic easier, we feel it would be better for red mage’s to experience this effect on a larger amount of monsters.

What this means: up to interpretation but I HOPE what they really meant to say is 'There aren't a lot of monsters immune to all enfeebles so we don't need to adjust them much' instead of what I pessimistically think it is, which is 'We aren't planning to seriously adjust notorious monsters making most of Rdm's enfeebles useless'.
[+]
By Gimp 2011-08-10 22:05:39  
Quetzalcoatl.Neisan said:
What they said: In regards to monsters that are completely resistant to certain spells, there is a high possibility that we won’t make any significant changes. However, there aren’t really too many of these monsters, so in regards to adjustments making it possible to land enfeebling magic easier, we feel it would be better for red mage’s to experience this effect on a larger amount of monsters.

What this means: up to interpretation but I HOPE what they really meant to say is 'There aren't a lot of monsters immune to all enfeebles so we don't need to adjust them much' instead of what I pessimistically think it is, which is 'We aren't planning to seriously adjust notorious monsters making most of Rdm's enfeebles useless'.

pretty much and about Cure V

it's not impossible to have an rdm and a whm, I don't need cure V to replace the whm, I'd like it for myself or something lowman.

Sorry monks and heavy tp spamfest mobs
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-08-10 22:07:23  
Gimp said:
it's not impossible to have an rdm and a whm, I don't need cure V to replace the whm, I'd like it for myself or something lowman.

Level WHM or get a WHM?
By Gimp 2011-08-10 22:12:53  
Asura.Xenophire said:
Gimp said:

Level WHM or get a WHM?

for the most part if rdm doesn't get cure V and said tank is tanking enough damage to warrant it. just depends, most likely yes but not always true

of course you could just argue dnc or /dnc, it's just a small pipe dream
 Bahamut.Paulus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2011-08-10 22:15:41  

We want to see red mages play a more vital role in HNM battles by making enfeebling magic more effective against high-level notorious monsters and their legendary levels of resistance as well as allowing them to better contribute to party member enhancement.

They've no clue what they want to do with this job. I can understand and accept the betrayal to the melee side of things but to come out and contradict what they initially stated above. Why even talk to the player base at all if you can't say what you mean and mean what you say?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-10 22:16:17  
What this means: up to interpretation but I HOPE what they really meant to say is 'There aren't a lot of monsters immune to all enfeebles so we don't need to adjust them much
Yeah this is what I hope they're saying as well. I'd hate to see any new NMs be resistant out the ***.

Bahamut.Paulus said:
They've no clue what they want to do with this job. I can understand and accept the betrayal to the melee side of things but to come out and contradict what they initially stated above. Why even talk to the player base at all if you can't say what you mean and mean what you say?
They probably have a part 2 coming, they just need to get around to announcing their future plans. Let's not pull out our weapons on them yet.
 Phoenix.Fondue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-10 22:20:02  
are you serious

enspells?

are you serious

who asked these questions
 Bahamut.Paulus
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Paulus
By Bahamut.Paulus 2011-08-10 22:20:48  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
What this means: up to interpretation but I HOPE what they really meant to say is 'There aren't a lot of monsters immune to all enfeebles so we don't need to adjust them much
Yeah this is what I hope they're saying as well. I'd hate to see any new NMs be resistant out the ***.

Bahamut.Paulus said:
They probably have a part 2 coming, they just need to get around to announcing their future plans. Let's not pull out our weapons on them yet.

I'm a RDM. Not allowed to use a weapon ><@. Joking aside we'll just need to wait and see. I hate having nyzul bosses resist my slow IIs.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-08-10 22:22:10  
Again, I don't think they're finished with making their plans for RDM yet. That's probably just the appetizer. Albeit, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but the main course has yet to come. Otherwise we don't know what's going on with them and RDM.

Everyone's just bickering about Melee RDM on the SE Forums because they've got nothing else to talk about that hasn't already been addressed.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-08-10 22:24:38  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
As NM's who are immune to all enfeebles, or highly resistant, become pointless to kill (their drops aren't worth anything due to new armor coming out) they add in an equal balance of NM's that do the same thing in updates.

So there will be new NM's that do this, but only because a NM died to give life to a new one. The only thing they are changing, I think, is the balance between highly susceptible monsters vs normal monsters so that there is a higher % of highly susceptible monsters.
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-10 22:25:50  
Assuming they're not immune, RDM can do the whole oldschool BRD thing and go /BLM. Elemental Seal, Saboteur, Slow II. That and Refresh II/Hastes would make them a useful party member. Of course it'd be nice if they had other things to do as well.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-08-10 22:26:44  
Pull out their sword and melee da mob
 Asura.Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-08-10 22:26:55  
Fenrir.Niniann said:
Assuming they're not immune, RDM can do the whole oldschool BRD thing and go /BLM. Elemental Seal, Saboteur, Slow II. That and Refresh II/Hastes would make them a useful party member. Of course it'd be nice if they had other things to do as well.
I agree. It's nice to be able to go RDM in Abyssea, but, 90% of the time, you're using MAB atmas and playing pseudo-BLM.

"Oh, immune to Paralyze. Guess I'll just Refresh and Haste..."

[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-08-10 22:27:47  
rdm isnt a useful party member till they fix yarnball :\
 Fenrir.Niniann
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-08-10 22:28:41  
Asura.Xenophire said:
"Oh, immune to Paralyze. Guess I'll just Refresh and Haste..."

Yeah, RDM is for the most part useless in Abyssea sadly. Then again so are most jobs. @@;

I'm just hoping for a push away from Abyssea to something more akin to Voidwatch. Though I'm not a fan of how you need PLDs and a huge group of people to do it. @@;
First Page 2 ... 22 23 24