Fenrir.Richi
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Richie
By Fenrir.Richi 2011-08-16 12:07:44  
I have
5/5 Haste Samba
5/5 Reverse Flourish
I primarily play this game for Ballista, so these are completely geared towards that:
1/5 Saber Dance
4/5 Fan Dance
5/5 Reverse Flourish

I'm also a solo junkie, and I try to solo anything that moves in this game. This makes me want Closed Position real bad, but that is useless in Ballista. I'll probably take out 3 fan dance for CP

I would like to know how much of a damage boost building flourish gives on high defense target. I imagine BF with red curry caps out the attack potential from the food, giving DNC a mean amount of attack for WS on high defense mobs.

Although I would never get rid of my RF merits because I like to do things other than DD on DNC, I could see throwing BF every now and then for a damage increase. 5/5 RF really isn't necessary because most of the time it will put you at 120%+ anyway. FFXI fights aren't so linear, it is not like every time I use reverse flourish I am using it at 12% TP, or using 5 FM for that matter. If I kill a mob, why can't I building flourish when it dies and fire off presto reverse flourish at the beginning of the next fight.

I'm not saying one should be riding building flourish, I'm just saying on a purely DD basis 5/5 RF doesn't offer too much at all in the first place, and if the DNC is paying attention there are definitely opportunities to use building flourish where it won't interfere with reverse flourish, even if it were only as little 6 or 7 times an hour.

I'm going to play with building flourish today lol
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-08-16 12:12:42  
Building Flourish offers a 20-25% Attack boost. Here is a link to Austar's testing.
 Fenrir.Richi
By Fenrir.Richi 2011-08-16 12:15:12  
Thank you very much, I always assumed it was 15-20% for some reason.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-08-16 12:15:38  
Does it beat a level 3 self-skillchain?

also, ignoring self-skillchain, does it beat a second weaponskill?

imo, reverse flourish >>> building flourish
 Cerberus.Mystina
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-16 12:18:45  
Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Does it beat a level 3 self-skillchain?

you can perform a skillchain with it. i'm not sure exactly what you mean by this.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-08-16 12:20:54  
Building Flourish + WS = Stronger WS

WS + Reverse Flourish + Another WS = 2 Normal WS with chance of skillchain depending on WS choice
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-16 12:24:47  
Building Flourish + WS = Stronger WS

WS + Reverse Flourish + Another WS = 2 Normal WS with chance of skillchain depending on WS choice

I guess you missed the entire convo on that i was trying to make, you can easily self skillchain without any RF merits if you know what you're doing. due to tp return or simply hitting quickly enough after ws to immidiatly do another ws, my entire point was you didn't need RF merits to self SC. when you can basicly do it in the same exact time as someone with RF merits, which is why i didn't bother with it.
 Fenrir.Richi
By Fenrir.Richi 2011-08-16 12:26:00  
Building flourish lasts like a minute lol. Unless you're referring to to the CF>RS>presto>step>RV>RS combo, then you could just wait an attack round anyway like we used to do when it was just 77% tp. There is a 90 second timer on CF anyway. I definitely don't think it is good to building flourish EVERY single WS you do, but you definitely have chances where you might as well.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2011-08-16 12:26:51  
I use
5/5 Haste Samba
5/5 Reverse Flourish
3/5 Saber Dance
5/5 Fan Dance
2/5 No Foot Rise

With Presto, you can get 5 finishing moves with only 2 in NFR instead of 3. I solo a lot, so I put a bunch into Fan Dance. Saber Dance is what I use when I farm stuff.
 Bismarck.Enzoe
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Enzoe
By Bismarck.Enzoe 2011-08-16 12:40:21  
Leviathan.Dodu said: »
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »
Bismarck.Enzoe said: »
I have the most fun having reverse flourish merited to 5 so I can get and instant 100tp while wearing the emp hands +2. This means after a weaponskill I can use reverse flourish and another weaponskill is ready in time for a skillchain. The best combination is Evisceration > reverse flourish > Pyrrhic Kleos > Darkness.

Consider 5/5 No foot rise for the potential spare 100tp.

Whatever else you pick I think it is wise to consider saving atleast one level for Fan dance and Closed Position. Step accuracy pairs great with a 5/5 reverse flourish approach.

Some will say that haste samba is king, I think it is worth a few levels, it pairs great with closed position.

A-...a-are you trolling?

Some questions are better left unasked.

Troll (Internet)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Do not feed the trolls" and its abbreviation "DNFTT" redirect here. For the Wikimedia essay, see "What is a troll?".

The "trollface" sometimes used to indicate trolling.[1]
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted". While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context. For example, mass media uses troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[5][6]

Here is the definition of a thread troll from wikipdia.

According to this I was answering OP and You both are trolls.

Please get an education about words you use. Also stop being off topic trolls.

5/5 RF get it end story.
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-16 13:01:24  
Oh boy, this is exactly why 90% of the dncs i see have no clue how to properly play the job then what some retard who 'did what idiot A said to do" tells them how to play it, to get assine, HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE statments like 5/5 RF, get it"

if you actually want to be a good dnc haste samba 5/5 is the only one that you need, rest is up to how you play it.

i'm going to say this one last time and i'm just going to leave it here. because clearly some people lack a will of there own to explore and do things without somone holding there hand.

5/5 RF is not needed, not ever, will never, be needed, because you perform exactly the same without it, sometimes in rare cases you have to spend a whole extra second (holy ***)to get the 100% but it's very rare and that's if you missed your 1st ws. get it if it's your choice, , anyone who says "you must get 5/5 RF only" is a comeplte idiot/troll who some moron would tell them "dude, merit divine seal recast for whm you can get a 100% cure potency quicker! and then they would do it, end of story. done. i'm just getting pissed now, learn to think for your self.

But this is the internet, i don't expect much in terms of maturity and basic intellegence. try it before you jugde. or somone can hold your hand, it's up to you. i'm done.

For those that "persist" on thinking it's useless, you're more then welcome to prove me wrong with actual evidence that you your self did and vs me. if not? well then i can't help you.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-16 13:02:52  
Cerberus.Mystina said: »
Oh boy, this is exactly why 90% of the dncs i see have no clue how to properly play the job then what some retard who 'did what idiot A said to do" tells them how to play it, to get assine, HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE statments like 5/5 RF, get it"

if you actually want to be a good dnc haste samba 5/5 is the only one that you need, rest is up to how you play it.

i'm going to say this one last time and i'm just going to leave it here. because clearly some people lack a will of there own to explore and do things without somone holding there hand.

5/5 RF is not needed, not ever, will never, be needed, because you perform exactly the same without it, sometimes in rare cases you have to spend a whole extra second (holy ***)to get the 100% but it's very rare and that's if you missed your 1st ws. get it if it's your choice, , anyone who says "you must get 5/5 RF only" is a comeplte idiot/troll who some moron would tell them "dude, merit divine seal recast for whm you can get a 100% cure potency quicker! and then they would do it, end of story. done. i'm just getting pissed now, learn to think for your self.

But this is the internet, i don't expect much in terms of maturity and basic intellegence. try it before you jugde. or somone can hold your hand, it's up to you. i'm done.

For those that "persist" on thinking it's useless, you're more then welcome to prove me wrong with actual evidence that you your self did and vs me. if not? well then i can't help you.
Just shut up. 5/5 Haste Samba, 5/5 Reverse Flourish. If you don't do that, you have no business giving advice about anything.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-16 13:09:32  
5/5 Haste 5/5 Reverse or bust.

The only room for argument is in the job abilities.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-16 13:16:57  
Quote:
Just shut up. 5/5 Haste Samba, 5/5 Reverse Flourish. If you don't do that, you have no business giving advice about anything.

*** typical, this is the example of comeplte retard who dosn't fully understand the job. let me spell this out for you since you obviously missed it you dumb ***.

Do it or shut the *** up.
Think what's useless? BF or Step Acc? Because get both are shitty.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-08-16 13:17:26  
if building flourish wasnt absolute ***when it comes to meriting, you wont see much of a difference with it 0/5 and 5/5, then it would have been possibly worth meriting, but as the general populace says: 5/5 haste samba and 5/5 RF
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-16 13:23:03  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Quote:

*** typical, this is the example of comeplte retard who dosn't fully understand the job. let me spell this out for you since you obviously missed it you dumb ***.

One could argue that so is RF because i don't need it to self SC but obviously you do, perhaps learn job and play it proerly and you may learn something new, if we go by that argument all 3 are useless.

if you are insistant are arguing me down to the ground about 15 damn tp then you are beyond it. keep in mind i do also have a mule with 90 dnc that has 5/5 RF merits and i saw absoluty no diffrence in delay on self-Scing only difference is, that characte rhad 120+ tp while i only had 105+ when i self sc with both. so explain to me why in the *** do i need to waste mertis into RF when i it's the exact same god damn performance. jesus.

and yes 25% attack bonus, critical hit rate and 10 acc on your next ws from a ja that lasts 1 minute is worthless. dunno how i didn't see that. no one wants that.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-16 13:24:24  
Newsflash ***, not everyone uses RF to skillchain.
Quote:
and yes 25% attack bonus, critical hit rate and 10 acc on your next ws from a ja that lasts 1 minute is worthless. dunno how i didn't see that. no one wants that.
Let's get serious here, the only part about BF worth even looking at is the attack.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-08-16 13:25:32  
Quote:

F--king typical, this is the example of comeplte retard who dosn't fully understand the job. let me spell this out for you since you obviously missed it you dumb s--t.

Do it or shut the f--k up.

Every time you use Building Flourish, you could have Reversed Flourished instead. Basically, instead of boosting 1 ws by (lets be very generous) 50%, you get an additional ws on top of the other ws (let us assume no sc). Basically, you get a single weaponskill at 150% damage or two weaponskills at 100% damage. Also, reverse flourish has alot of utility as well, such as emergency tp for cures, etc.

Building flourish is epeen only, reverse flourish is vastly superior.

Also, if you are concerned about excess tp, perform a step between ws . There is enough time to perform a step and not interrupt a skillchain.

(You should tone down your language before a mod brings down the hammer.)

please tell me you don't use wild flourish >.>
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-16 13:27:27  

Newsflash *** nut not everyone is good at dnc, as you have just proven,

of course not everyone uses RF to skillchain you dumb peice of ***. THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE GOD DAMN MERITS IS TO SELF SKILLCHAIN QUICK, since when the dnc does dnc have problems getting TP, i KNOW you are not THAT stupid to bring that argument to me. i don't have Tp gain problems either. learn to *** play dnc. I guess you're also one those DNC that full time /nin, right?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-16 13:28:30  
Quote:

One could argue that so is RF because i don't need it to self SC but obviously you do, perhaps learn job and play it proerly and you may learn something new, if we go by that argument all 3 are useless.

if you are insistant are arguing me down to the ground about 15 damn tp then you are beyond it. keep in mind i do also have a mule with 90 dnc that has 5/5 RF merits and i saw absoluty no diffrence in delay on self-Scing only difference is, that characte rhad 120+ tp while i only had 105+ when i self sc with both. so explain to me why in the *** do i need to waste mertis into RF when i it's the exact same god damn performance. jesus.

you can really only claim 5%, 5%, and 10 because you're comparing merited vs. unmerited building flourish, not merited bf vs. nothing.

Even if you have 800 attack, you're still only geting 40 attack out of the merits.

Is 40 attack, 5% critical hit rate, and 10 acc (on some WS) > the ability to self SC with fewer finishing moves stored?
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-08-16 13:30:01  
Quote:

Every time you use Building Flourish, you could have Reversed Flourished instead. Basically, instead of boosting 1 ws by (lets be very generous) 50%, you get an additional ws on top of the other ws (let us assume no sc). Basically, you get a single weaponskill at 150% damage or two weaponskills at 100% damage. Also, reverse flourish has alot of utility as well, such as emergency tp for cures, etc.

Building flourish is epeen only, reverse flourish is vastly superior.

Also, if you are concerned about excess tp, perform a step between ws . There is enough time to perform a step and not interrupt a skillchain.

(You should tone down your language before a mod brings down the hammer.)
not that im argueing for her, but one could argue that you can use both building and reverse flourish, on occasions i will build -> climax -> presto -> step -> rudra -> reverse -> rudra. you still have the 30 sec cool down on reverse so times like using the 5 or so sec cooldown is somewhat to your advatage. but there is no real justification for an extra 1% boost per merit on building flourish.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-16 13:30:39  
Quote:
of course not everyone uses RF you dumb peice of ***.
Then they suck.
Quote:
of course not everyone uses RF you dumb peice of ***. THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE GOD DAMN MERITS IS TO SELF SKILLCHAIN QUICK
No it's not.
Quote:
i don't have Tp gain problems either. learn to *** play dnc.
Never said DNC had TP gaining problems did? Quit making ***up to try to give yourself a little reasoning when you're just wrong.
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-16 13:30:55  
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said: »
Quote:

you can really only claim 5%, 5%, and 10 because you're comparing merited vs. unmerited building flourish, not merited bf vs. nothing.

Even if you have 800 attack, you're still only geting 40 attack out of the merits.

Is 40 attack, 5% critical hit rate, and 10 acc > the ability to self SC with fewer finishing moves stored?

No...read what i said....seriously......

You can self skillchain without any RF merits

YOU DO NOT NEED RF MERITS AT ALL to self skillchain. the only difference with BF merits is you have stronger ws opposed to the 15 extra tp you get from meriting BF that you really don't need..you understand now?
 Cerberus.Kelhor
Administrator
user: Rooks
By Cerberus.Kelhor 2011-08-16 13:31:03  
I'd take issue with "the entire point is to self skillchain", since extra TP has a lot of uses, including extra cures.
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-08-16 13:31:30  
Ramuh.Krizz said: »
Chill.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-08-16 13:31:45  
Mystina, may I ask how many finishing moves you reverse in order to self-skillchain?
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-08-16 13:33:43  
Quote:
Then they suck.
Quote:
of course not everyone uses RF you dumb peice of ***. THE ENTIRE POINT OF THE GOD DAMN MERITS IS TO SELF SKILLCHAIN QUICK
No it's not.
Quote:
Never said DNC had TP gaining problems did? Quit making ***up to try to give yourself a little reasoning when you're just wrong.

Ok, obvilously you are to god damn stupid for words. YOU JUST *** SAID NOT EVERYONE USES RF TO SKILLCHAIN wtf is 15 tp going to do for you then? i'v never had tp gain issues. i always have enough tp to cure/samba/whatever the *** else i need to do even after ws. if i need Tp THAT quick, i NFR step and i am at 5 to RF do you know how to *** read? or does being wrong simply make you feel better.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-16 13:34:49  
Quote:
Then they suck.
Quote:
No it's not.
Quote:

Ok, obvilously you are to god damn stupid for wors. YOU JUST *** SAID NOT EVERYONE USES RF TO SKILLCHAIN wtf is 15 p going to do for you then? i'v never had tp gain issues. i always have enough tp to cure/samba/whatever the *** else i need to do even after ws. if i need Tp THAT quick, i NFR step and i am at 5 to RF do you know how to *** read? or does being wrong simply make you feel better.
Where did I say EVERYONE USES RF FLOURISH ONY TO SELF SKILLCHAIN?

And that's cool you have infinite TP after a WS, dumb ***.
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-08-16 13:35:01  
No...read what i said....seriously......

You can self skillchain without any RF merits

YOU DO NOT NEED RF MERITS AT ALL to self skillchain. the only difference with BF merits is you have stronger ws opposed to the 15 extra tp you get from meriting BF that you really don't need..you understand now?
if you had rudra, the extra 15% tp over 100% would outshine the boost from building flourish fully merited, IF you were to actually rely on a full 5 step reverse.