users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » RNG questions
RNG questions
First Page 2
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-09 11:28:30  
What's the most common TP and WS arrow for RNG?

And what atma do they use mostly?

Kinda tempted to level the job and get a gandiva, but I don't know much about it and I'd like to actually learn before I level it up at all.

Also what merits? :D
By BorealisV2 2011-06-09 11:29:28  
Level WAR.
 Siren.Inuyushi
サーバ: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-09 11:33:27  
Antlion Arrows are good, but I'm biased because I can make 'em. I know for Unlimited shot you wanna use one of the CP arrows that has rediculous stats on it. Gl lvl'n rng. It's on my dream list too!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-09 11:36:17  
Alright thanks :D

I love the looks of RNG but I really want to learn about how to play the job properly before levelling it up.

And unlike the other DD there isn't much info on it.
 Ramuh.Zidan
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Zidan 2011-06-09 11:41:01  
I personally like to use guns, I am new to the job as well but i do have cor. Gandiva will be the best weapon inside abyssea for you though, outside slugs/sidewinder will probably be the winner. Kinda up to you on what you prefer, I think if you use guns + silver bullets it will be about ~50k/12 stacks cheaper than what arrows have to offer.
 Cerberus.Texasprincess
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Texasprincess 2011-06-09 11:41:23  
i use to be main rng.. still play every once in a while but yeah demon arrows are standard the other arrows cost way to much so i cant afford to use them... im working on emp... so for now i use sidewinder ... atmas i use for sidewinder are stout arm and VV... last atma i use sea daughter for fast TP gain.. as far as unlimited shot.. i dont use anymore cuz SE makes it share a timer with dbshot... :-( and even tho ive got merits into unlimited shot.. it doesnt knock time off dblshot kinda stupid... merits... if ur gonna go bow... merit archery... ive got unlimited/rapid shot 5/5 cuz well the others suck in group 1...
in group 2... 5/5 flashy/snapshot

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-09 11:42:32  
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Antlion Arrows are good, but I'm biased because I can make 'em. I know for Unlimited shot you wanna use one of the CP arrows that has rediculous stats on it. Gl lvl'n rng. It's on my dream list too!
aeolus arrow is an upgrade from the CP arrows. Then again, who uses unlimited shot anymore? Pretty sure Double shot is way better.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-09 11:44:18  
Cerberus.Texasprincess said:
i use to be main rng.. still play every once in a while but yeah demon arrows are standard the other arrows cost way to much so i cant afford to use them... im working on emp... so for now i use sidewinder ... atmas i use for sidewinder are stout arm and VV... last atma i use sea daughter for fast TP gain.. as far as unlimited shot.. i dont use anymore cuz SE makes it share a timer with dbshot... :-( and even tho ive got merits into unlimited shot.. it doesnt knock time off dblshot kinda stupid... merits... if ur gonna go bow... merit archery... ive got unlimited/rapid shot 5/5 cuz well the others suck in group 1...
in group 2... 5/5 flashy/snapshot
If you're not using unlimited shot, might as well put the merits in Camouflage recast for the enmity reduction.

edit: with the new crit upgrade, Arching arrow/Heavy shot are probably way better than side/slug in abyssea. For that reason, I would suggest RR/GH/Sea daughter atma setup.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-09 11:49:01  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
You'll want a siege bow from Chukwa or vision bow from Kur in the meantime.

You'll want a Loki's kaftan from Turul.

Merits you want snapshot. It's haste for ranged attacks

Ah yeah cheers, Siege bow isn't hard for me to get really, Loki's Kaftan I've heard some horror stories.

Has anyone got some gearsets available for me to pore over?
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-09 11:51:38  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:

Ah yeah cheers, Siege bow isn't hard for me to get really, Loki's Kaftan I've heard some horror stories.

Don't bother with siege bow, just go straight to the Vision bow, it's a huge upgrade.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-09 11:51:40  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
I can maybe make one after lunch, mine is really outdated and probably wouldn't be very optimal. I think there was a thread recently though.

Ah cheers, just a general idea, I couldn't find much info at all.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-06-09 11:52:19  
I'm still working on it, but this is how I'm going with merits:

Group1: 5/5 Camouflage, 5/5 Rapid shot
Group2: 5/5 Snapshot and probably 5/5 Flashy shot

Sea daughter is a must have in abyssea :o

Other than that, just be ready to spam lots of ammo, can't really play cheap on this job :/
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-09 11:53:05  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
I can maybe make one after lunch, mine is really outdated and probably wouldn't be very optimal. I think there was a thread recently though.

Ah cheers, just a general idea, I couldn't find much info at all.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/17629/jishnus-radiance-build#1073025

I saw that, I was wondering if there was more tp builds and stuff.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-06-09 11:58:58  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:

Vision bow NM is easy as is Turul. Turul can be done mnk + whm, have whm sub blm and stun thunder4/5. MNK + WHM for kur as well, nothing he does is really bad, Counter/para/flash > HF. Sub thief on MNK (or bring a THF) and proc blue, that's about it.
 Asura.Nyaarye
サーバ: Asura
user: Nyaarye
By Asura.Nyaarye 2011-06-09 11:59:29  
Phoenix.Kirana said:

If you're not using unlimited shot, might as well put the merits in Camouflage recast for the enmity reduction.

This is what I did when Double Shot was added. Reducing enmity should usually be your main concern on RNG and Camouflage is pretty damn powerful when used right.

As for atmas, Sea Daughter is always awesome. For conservative rangering (Slugwinder) I'd probably use SD/Stout Arm/GH. Switch SA to VV if you want or need more regain.

For when you finish that Gandiva just switch GH to RR and you're set.

For group2 merits I like having 1/5 Flashy Shot, 4/5 Stealth Shot and of course 5/5 Snapshot.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-09 12:01:24  
Thanks for the info guys, really looking forward to level this job now.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-09 12:01:47  
Threw this together real quick

You may have to screw around with the store tp for hit build and whatnot, but this should be a good baseline to work from.

Also worth mentioning: you can macro in snapshot gear at the beginning of a shot, then change it to something else before the shot goes off. For instance, change the impulse belt to a scout's belt or w/e.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-09 12:02:32  
Ah cheers row
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-09 12:02:59  
And I assume /sam all the time
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-06-09 12:04:21  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
And I assume /sam all the time
I think /SAM + hasso with a staff is still the best.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-06-09 12:06:00  
Ah ok thanks :)
 Odin.Skeero
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-06-09 12:15:57  
If for some reason you need to go /nin, two augmented crit + daggers from dominion ops are good to use also. two +6 crit dmg is pretty decent but you lose so much without /sam.
 Asura.Nyaarye
サーバ: Asura
user: Nyaarye
By Asura.Nyaarye 2011-06-09 12:22:33  
There's really no reason whatsoever to sub /nin. At least I can't think of a situation where I would.

On another note considering /war outside Abyssea might be worth it. Berserk, Double shot and Camouflage and go crazy. Even better if you activate aftermath before it.
 Siren.Inuyushi
サーバ: Siren
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-09 12:28:52  
Wow, I just learned Double Shot is awesome....but my rng is 30 so it's a ways away lol
First Page 2