Help Please With Ls Rules....

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Help please with ls rules....
Help please with ls rules....
 Fenrir.Omnitank
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-04-03 13:18:47  
MEDIC~~!!
lol

But seriously this girl passed out today during one of our training exercises. She said it was anxiety. She was *** standing in the shade all morning chatting with some guys.

Was funny, she is always doing this.
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-03 13:19:49  
Excesspain said:
A social LS with rules is not a LS I would want to be in personally. The one I am a part of now is a lot of fun because of this. We have mostly adults and a few teenagers and we constantly give everyone ***, a few more then others. But, they all know it is not meant to be mean just to poke fun.

We also are a very helpful LS too but only if you help others when asked. There are a few who ask for everything under the sun but are "busy" when others ask. Needless to say we don't help them as much anymore.

Anyway, IMO if you are going to make rules keep them simple. Like the language around young kids etc. I understand but to tell people they have to do mandatory events I don't think is a great idea. If they wanted that they can join an event LS.

You missed the train.
User submitted image
 Asura.Elvaton
サーバ: Asura
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-04-03 13:20:54  
lol this post has been derailed
 Fenrir.Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-04-03 13:21:04  
lol I was about to mention that to Expresspain.

He walked right off the station platform and did a face plant.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-03 13:21:07  
Jiko said:
Excesspain said:
A social LS with rules is not a LS I would want to be in personally. The one I am a part of now is a lot of fun because of this. We have mostly adults and a few teenagers and we constantly give everyone ***, a few more then others. But, they all know it is not meant to be mean just to poke fun.

We also are a very helpful LS too but only if you help others when asked. There are a few who ask for everything under the sun but are "busy" when others ask. Needless to say we don't help them as much anymore.

Anyway, IMO if you are going to make rules keep them simple. Like the language around young kids etc. I understand but to tell people they have to do mandatory events I don't think is a great idea. If they wanted that they can join an event LS.

You missed the train.
User submitted image

Haha I'm at work and had to actually do work >.< when I started typing that message this thread was still on topic I was lost at first when I just finished it.
 Fenrir.Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-04-03 13:21:51  
Please do not try to rerail this calamity.
 Fenrir.Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-04-03 13:22:58  
Work? whats that?
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-03 13:23:10  
My apologies, please continue.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-03 13:23:12  
Omnitank said:
Please do not try to rerail this calamity.

LOL
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-03 13:23:16  
Omnitank said:
lol I was about to mention that to Expresspain.

He walked right off the station platform and did a face plant.

I c wat u did thar.
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-04-03 13:23:22  
it was hard to derail this one lets not go back
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-04-03 13:24:52  
we should go derail another thread lol
 Fenrir.Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-04-03 13:26:43  
Lol I am sleepy, I mispelled that guys name. He probably deserved it for being at work and screwing off on the forums and all..

Ya.. Lets go with that.
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-04-03 13:27:29  
you start i'll finish it now hurry
 Fenrir.Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-04-03 13:28:36  
What? derail another thread?
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-04-03 13:29:09  
lol never mind
 Fenrir.Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-04-03 13:31:58  
Stupid GF Dream Crusher put country music on my ipod.
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-04-03 13:34:34  
haha /point /laugh
 Fenrir.Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-04-03 13:38:45  
Bah, forum fun is over for me tonight. Bed time.

Everyone on Fenrir buy me some Relic Iron!!
 Ifrit.Itazura
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2009-04-03 19:49:12  
My LS has written rules, but far fewer (in the hopes that they would be remembered and followed):
Quote:
1. Be friendly and respect each other. Please refrain from making rude comments at other people. If you have a problem with another member, please try to settle your differences maturely, via {/tell}s or PM's.
2. There is no rule for "making this your main LS"; you're welcomed to come in, switch to other LS, etc. as frequently as you like, and stay in any LS as much as you like.

There are informal rules (or 'culture'), which I helped to shape. One aspect in particular is worth mentioning; I dislike foul language, and discourage others from using some four letter words too liberally. >_>;

I tend to 'enforce' it more when there are teenagers on the LS, but mostly, people become less inclined to use swear words simply out of courtesy to myself and my sister. We are a "Friends and Family" LS, and that respect is very much a part of us.

Aakura said:
All members are subject to participate in at least one linkshell event once a month(Attendance will be taken). Please be courteous and contact the leader or officers asap if you cannot make it to an event after signing up for one.

Personally, I think it's a bad idea. People should attend events because they want to, not because they are forced to. The same for the linkpearl, really; if a person unhappy with an LS, let him go and find his own way to enjoy Vana'diel.

Aakura said:
There may be a case where a member is exhibiting disruptive behaviour over the linkshell, or to another member. Under these circumstances, the members pearl may be temporarily broken.

This may be a bad policy. Ask people who run afoul of the rules (or just plain mad due to arguments with others) to go off pearl for a while, but a social LS should always welcome its members when they are sociable and respectful of other members.

Any pearl break should be for reason so bad, the person should not return for the good the LS and the person who is kicked.

Aakura said:
The problem I seemed to be having lately is, there are a few in the group who don't think rules are necessary and the ls should be left alone as is.

Rules have to make sense; crude sexual banter going on for more than five minutes is just too annoying, and should not even start at all when kids/teenagers are around. Remind the (young) adults they are in some ways "parents" to the young players, and have to keep the atmosphere family friendly--as in making sure not to give the teenagers' parents reasons to take their FFXI accounts away.

On the other side of the coin, at late night, when all kids should be in bed (nagged to bed if must be), and people want to let loose a bit, tolerate it even if it's not your nature.

Aakura said:
I have had to banned members, because of very crude graphic sexual comments, (I mean "Hustler" Magazine crude), Banned members for not listening and continually breaking ls rules, and even banned one male member for excessive stalking. ; ;

Get rid of the stalkers and lock their forum accounts. Not worth dealing with, unless you hate having women in your LS.

After three warnings, the same boot for sex talkers which makes female members uncomfortable. (Don't just wait for the complaints to filter to you--actively poll the people to detect problems before people start avoiding the LS for that reason.)

Aakura said:
I've been called everything from Prude, to Queen of the S***. Believe me we aren't prudes, but we do watch the language during the afternoons when the kids are on.

Well, you may or may not be a prude, but I am one for sure. And, I think it's OK to be a bit prudish, as long as one has reasonable (as in grounded in reason) give and take with the non-prudes. >_>b
 Cerberus.Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-04-03 20:44:03  
Train.

Just missed it.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-04-03 20:54:28  
Jiko said:
Train.

Just missed it.

Think there's another one coming by right about now...
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-04-03 21:25:09  
Istartztehnewtrain <ol

There should ALWAYS be a GREAT LS Rule:

Rule No.3289032819038920132)
If you see an RMT, MPK them IMMEDIATELY or AS QUICKLY as possible, to {/point} {/heal} {/laugh} and {Screenshot} it =D

I've seen PLD's MPK RMT's when they get charmed in Upper Delkfut's Tower. Twas' Epicness xDD
 Asura.Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2009-04-03 22:37:49  
i could have sworen we derailed this hours ago
 Pandemonium.Aravol
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: aravol
By Pandemonium.Aravol 2009-04-04 09:07:35  
Looks like the train just hit a car, but didnt derail...BTW, some dude near me was drunk in his ferrari and it got stuck on railroad tracks and got seriously owned by a train.. he got out though , then arrested for for drunk driving, what a tard..
 Bahamut.Maestorm
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Maestorm
By Bahamut.Maestorm 2009-04-04 09:37:22  
Best rule I have seen is 'if it's offending someone in the ls right now stop doing it' if someone is asked to stop and they dont - kick em. Basically enforce respect for LS mates. Don't you be the judge and dont force your values on someone else. just make sure you support the idea that ppl respect each other as ppl.