TPing In Bracelets Mandatory?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » TPing in Bracelets mandatory?
TPing in Bracelets mandatory?
First Page 2 3
 Sylph.Cerilono
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2009-04-03 02:56:23  
Lately on Sylph server I've seen more and more SAMs and DRKs wearing Bracelets while TPing, maybe even WSing.

Really, does any other server have this? It's a surprise, especially seeing DRKs wearing these because they have a WS based on how many hits land to equal the better damage, and huge delay where every hit should count.
There really is no excuse to wearing them if you're trying to be 'cheap'. I saw one with an Assault Earring, which is 300k on this server, and Pallas Bracelets. Really no excuse there.

As for SAMs, if you're above lv70, I'd kinda expect Hachi kote or something, not really Bracelets. I dunno much anymore under 70, just that there has to be something else than those.
Comments?
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-04-03 02:58:58
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

It's not a good idea, especially with two handed weapon users. Attributes weigh more heavily to your favor but it works both ways as a negative as well. That -DEX would really hurt your melee accuracy especially if you're using Alkys.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-03 03:01:38  
I'd expect SAM to be using O kotes (or Hachi hands), and maybe macro in Bracelets for WS.
 Caitsith.Maniic
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Maniic
By Caitsith.Maniic 2009-04-03 03:10:23  
As a SAM, the bracelets are amazing for weaponskills. Samurai's weaponskills have a 75% strength mod, and are not multi-hit, so the -dex is heavily outweighed by the +str. As for TPing in them, don't do it.
 Hades.Kvazz
サーバ: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-04-03 03:24:30  
TPing in bracelets?
Lol.
 Ramuh.Konoko
サーバ: Ramuh
user: lnick
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-04-03 03:29:52  
Is this a joke?
 Sylph.Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2009-04-03 03:31:21  
Makes me want to play a different job.
 Asura.Charlottie
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-04-03 03:52:29  
people make bad choices on all of the jobs. duh
 Fenrir.Mahorosama
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mahorosama 2009-04-03 04:06:19  
I've found that about 90% of all Samurais are noobs for one reason or another. They don't really give a rats *** about how they perform, nor do they bother even researching in the job.

This is seen by SAMs using Askar bodies in bird meripos. Unless you have a Relic or a Futsuno Mitama, or have a lot of acc (Usukane stuff) you're a total noob for using askar body.

And you can't even argue against parse numbers. Plus most SAMs don't have any merits. I bet you that those guys using the bracelets do not even have full merits in anything.

Any moron can be a SAM, but to actually ~play~ proper SAM it requires a brain.
 Hades.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-04-03 04:59:36  
Cerilono said:
Do any of you see anyone TPing in Bracelets on your servers?

Sometimes, yes.. even DRKs ;_;
 Sylph.Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2009-04-03 05:05:04  

Kvazz said:

Sometimes, yes.. even DRKs ;_;

I wonder who came up with this idea...
 Bahamut.Evilswine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2009-04-03 05:33:14  
Cerilono said:

Really, does any other server have this?

I see that a lot on bahamut, most of the time when i look at the gear of those players and ask for their WS or TP gear the common answer is: "what?"

so it seems to be standard that many players dont have a tp or ws gear and its just a crazy mixture of both, so you can perform decent at tping and decent at ws.....

best excuse: "i dont know how to make gear change macros" or "i'm too lazy to make a macro". cmon thats just 12 lines max. (6 for TP and 6 for WS) that takes like.... 10mins?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Hades.Kikha
user:
By Hades.Kikha 2009-04-03 06:29:15
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Tails said:
Samurai's use Askar Korazins for their 5 Hit TP build, I see no reason why a samurai who is not having accuracy problems shouldn't be using their Korazin. You do not need Usukane or relics to be able to hit birds reliably, that's stupid.

I have 304 GKT skill and +33 accuracy/28 dex using HQ Hauby. With that kind of accuracy I still parse below 95% accuracy vs Greater Colibri and even lower on Mamools in my normal meripo party makeup (double March, SAM Roll, Chaos Roll, Meat). There is no way you have enough accuracy to justify using an Askar body over an NQ Hauby, and even less against an HQ Hauby. Also 5-hit? You aren't getting 5-hit unless you're using Pachi, in which case your accuracy suffers EVEN MORE.

It's been parsed and argued about forever now, you can easily do a Google search for "Hauby vs Askar" and get a ton of results saying the same thing: fulltime Hauby for TP and use Askar body for town gear (the only exception being if you own an Amano).
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-04-03 08:24:34  
I'm behind a Government firewall right now so I can't search it so can someone provide me with a link for these Hauby vs Askar parses. I'm trying to convince a friend who is SAM main that a Hauby will out perform his Askar. He insists Askar is better because he can have a 6 hit with XX% Haste. I told him he needs more ACC for certain things and got joy out of seeing him miss 4 Gekkos in a row in Limbus the other night.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-04-03 08:30:50  
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html?fjob=12;mid=121778995381071797;num=18;page=1
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Hit_Rate

You need ~ 400 acc to reach 95% hit rate on birds. (assuming lvl 81)

Assuming A+ skill, full skill merits and ~ 75 DEX thats ~ 340-345 acc.

So you need 55-60 acc from gear/Job Abilties/Job Traits/songs/rolls to reach the 95% hit rate.

A normal SAM would TP in some thing like this:
PCC +10
Hauby +10
2x snipers +10
Byakko's +11 (from DEX)
Swift belt +3
A few more from ears (Bushi earring)

Thats 44 (48 with bushi) so ~390 total acc, which will get you to around 88% hit rate on birds.

Swop the Hauby for Askar and takes you to 83%. Now its a very personal thing about whether that is 'enough'. Personally I would say "Capped or GTFO" but thats just me. Some may argue that a 5% increase in the number of misses is justifed.

To actually cap acc on birds, as a SAM you would need another 5-10 acc which could come from a few places, but the obvious choices are:
sniper +1s (+4 for the pair)
Hauby +1 (+2)
Tiphia Sting (+2)

Thats 398, so you still need to find more ACC, atm i cant think were you could get the last 2 ACC without losing haste/sTP/DA. But Im not a SAM.

You can fight birds from level 73 with no merits, but to do it properly you NEED to be 75, you NEED capped merits and you should have decent acc gear.

Obviously merits and ACC gear are interchangable (if you dont have many merits, you better load up on acc).

OR

you could ask for ACC rolls/songs... but we all know all DDs are too proud to admit they lack ACC.
 Lakshmi.Strey
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Strey
By Lakshmi.Strey 2009-04-03 08:37:11  
Cerilono said:
There really is no excuse to wearing them if you're trying to be 'cheap'.

That is exactly right, half the world is cheap sadly and this online recession isn't helping advanced as will as up-coming players... so for those people taking all of those people taking bad gear playing jobs we love to.... THEY TOOK ER JURBS!!!
 Fairy.Berserkerjr
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Berserkerjr 2009-04-03 08:39:44  
Mahorosama said:
I've found that about 90% of all Samurais are noobs for one reason or another. They don't really give a rats *** about how they perform, nor do they bother even researching in the job.

This is seen by SAMs using Askar bodies in bird meripos. Unless you have a Relic or a Futsuno Mitama, or have a lot of acc (Usukane stuff) you're a total noob for using askar body.

And you can't even argue against parse numbers. Plus most SAMs don't have any merits. I bet you that those guys using the bracelets do not even have full merits in anything.

Any moron can be a SAM, but to actually ~play~ proper SAM it requires a brain.

O.O... Talk about noob...
 Ragnarok.Kukukues
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: kukukues
By Ragnarok.Kukukues 2009-04-03 08:55:48  
argettio is missing out on hasso, opitcal hat, maybe a life belt, shura haidate, myochin domaru +1, i prefer justice torque, grips, food, maybe some kinda hands noritsune kote, but most of this gear will set you back on tp build
 Odin.Ravax
サーバ: Odin
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-04-03 08:58:44  
Argettio said:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/jobs.html?fjob=12;mid=121778995381071797;num=18;page=1
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Hit_Rate

You need ~ 400 acc to reach 95% hit rate on birds. (assuming lvl 81)

Assuming A+ skill, full skill merits and ~ 75 DEX thats ~ 340-345 acc.

So you need 55-60 acc from gear/Job Abilties/Job Traits/songs/rolls to reach the 95% hit rate.

A normal SAM would TP in some thing like this:
PCC +10
Hauby +10
2x snipers +10
Byakko's +11 (from DEX)
Swift belt +3
A few more from ears (Bushi earring)

Thats 44 (48 with bushi) so ~390 total acc, which will get you to around 88% hit rate on birds.

Swop the Hauby for Askar and takes you to 83%. Now its a very personal thing about whether that is 'enough'. Personally I would say "Capped or GTFO" but thats just me. Some may argue that a 5% increase in the number of misses is justifed.

To actually cap acc on birds, as a SAM you would need another 5-10 acc which could come from a few places, but the obvious choices are:
sniper +1s (+4 for the pair)
Hauby +1 (+2)
Tiphia Sting (+2)

Thats 398, so you still need to find more ACC, atm i cant think were you could get the last 2 ACC without losing haste/sTP/DA. But Im not a SAM.

You can fight birds from level 73 with no merits, but to do it properly you NEED to be 75, you NEED capped merits and you should have decent acc gear.

Obviously merits and ACC gear are interchangable (if you dont have many merits, you better load up on acc).

OR

you could ask for ACC rolls/songs... but we all know all DDs are too proud to admit they lack ACC.

Pretty good Synopsis but there's a couple things you missed. Haub gives 5 Dex on NQ so its Accuracy is actually closer to 14 depending on what your dex was before you put it on. Also, Hasso gives you Acc + 10. Still. I don't think it's truly necessary to cap accuracy on birds. There comes a point where you're sacrificing too many benefits for a slight increase in hit percent. I wouldn't use Sniper's ring over Rajas ring ever. And it's not that I don't know I'm giving up a couple points of accuracy but Store TP is quite a useful boost to have. Don't worry, though. Whenever I hear someone going on about how good Askar Corazin is, I get plain out confused. Give me a Haub any day of the week. That'll change as soon as I get the money for this damn Usu body, though.
 Seraph.Lucipherious
サーバ: Seraph
By Seraph.Lucipherious 2009-04-03 09:03:48  
Kikha said:

I have 304 GKT skill and +33 accuracy/28 dex using HQ Hauby. With that kind of accuracy I still parse below 95% accuracy vs Greater Colibri and even lower on Mamools in my normal meripo party makeup (double March, SAM Roll, Chaos Roll, Meat). There is no way you have enough accuracy to justify using an Askar body over an NQ Hauby, and even less against an HQ Hauby. Also 5-hit? You aren't getting 5-hit unless you're using Pachi, in which case your accuracy suffers EVEN MORE.

It's been parsed and argued about forever now, you can easily do a Google search for "Hauby vs Askar" and get a ton of results saying the same thing: fulltime Hauby for TP and use Askar body for town gear (the only exception being if you own an Amano).

lol.. who uses a GK on birds?

Polearm = penta thrust, 5 hits, penta thrust, 5 hits.. and so on.
 Odin.Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-04-03 09:05:50  
Lucipherious makes me sad. -_-
 Seraph.Lucipherious
By Seraph.Lucipherious 2009-04-03 09:12:57  
lolparsers make me laugh.

You can only get so much exp in 1 camp in a certain of time with the mobs available to you. Hitting for 95% or killing them faster DOES NOT equal better exp/h. Some people like to see the bigger picture not just lolparse data that says I have 93% acc and do 3% more dmg then other guy.

oh and Ravax.. your SAM merits make me sad.
 Kujata.Argettio
サーバ: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-04-03 09:17:45  
Yes, I know Rajas >>>> Snipers.

I was trying to prove the point of how it isnt easy it is to reach the acc cap on birds.

Also I didnt allow for DEX on any items (except byakko's). So you may get 5-10 ACC from a few DEX peices.

Ok, 95% or GTFO maybe a little harsh, but you should be aim for 85%
 Odin.Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-04-03 09:32:08  
lol Luci. If you knew what I used Sam for, you'd see it differently. I haven't meritted Sam since the group 2 increase because I'm a Salvager. My Monk has taken precedence since then because I Salvage 6 times a week and it has to be strong. Also, don't be proud because you pop a couple merits into useless abilities so you can have them all. You lack the fortitude to commit to how you play your Sam. Do you even HAVE a use for Blade Bash? What is that? Is it worth it only being able to use it every 15 minutes?

Maybe you're mocking my lack of Store TP which, by a many peoples' standards, would be the ONLY failing grace for my Samurai. And that's honestly because I can't choose between it and Third Eye because my Samurai does far more soloing than meritting. If I want merits, I typically suit up monk. If I want to solo, I suit up Sam.

Want to know my confusion over the polearm on birds thing? Granted, I don't know how much damage you're pumping out with your Pentathrusts but I can tell you you're losing a LOT in exchange. You have zero polearm merits. That means that in comparison to your great katana, you're losing about 50 accuracy AND attack just by picking that over it. You think a 5 hit build counts if you miss lots of hits? Your DoT suffers big time. It's like people like you don't even realize that a great portion of your damage comes from individual swings.
 Seraph.Lucipherious
By Seraph.Lucipherious 2009-04-03 09:43:21  
lol I worry about my DOT on MNK.. on SAM it's all about getting to 100% TP ASAP.

Third eye over STORE TP is plain HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Blade bash does come in usefull from time to time,sure the cool down is high, but hey, it's better then NOT having it. You know those -ga or magic being casted on your SAM that could get you killed, blade bash saves your life. Not all the time, but it's worht it for the few times it does.

As for polearm.. I've done enough bird parties to know what works best in a dual brd setup.( our usual setup since I only exp with friends)

Also, if you do alot of soloing, how does Shikikoyo even help you? You should cap overwhelm first.. even Blade Bash and Ikishoten would be mor beneficial for SOLO..
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-04-03 09:50:54  
Lucipherious said:
Third eye over STORE TP is plain HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

I'm not even a sam and I understand third eye merits.
 Odin.Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-04-03 09:55:09  
Again. Store TP is most useful in merit party situations. It's not that I don't see the merit of it, because I do. And that's why I got started on it before getting torn in the direction of third eye. Store TP is just not as useful to me. If I DO happen to decide to go to a bird party with my Samurai, I dress up Sam/Rng in which case I'm using Soboro and firing off Sidewinders.

Shikikoyo? I love it. That's all there is to it. For years before merit group 2 was even available, I'd often complain to my LS saying Samurai needs a job ability named "Guided Meditation" to give other people TP. That's because of the times I'm going to a BC or waiting around for a big NM. HNM camp, Limbus, Einherjar, I'm sitting on this 300 TP and thinking how much of a waste it is. Now while I wait, I'm pumping up my party's TP if they don't have meditate and it's also a gimme skillchain. When partying with people that know wtf they're doing, they'll use a weapon skill. I'll wordlessly throw them extra TP and follow their weaponskill for a skillchain. Then lo and behold they can follow me for another. Shikikoyo is a brilliant job ability and I'm more excited to get it capped than I am overwhelm.
 Seraph.Lucipherious
By Seraph.Lucipherious 2009-04-03 09:56:17  
Ultrarichard said:
Lucipherious said:

I'm not even a sam and I understand third eye merits.

which why you're called ULTRArichard..

You should stick to conversations that you some type of knowledge in, cause we're not talk about your lolbrd.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-04-03 09:59:37  
It's a good thing nobody mentioned BRD then isn't it..? There is a difference between knowledge and understanding. You're clearly the retard for saying they're HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. There are a number of people in other threads that said they have Third eye over store tp and valid reasons why.
First Page 2 3