TPing In Bracelets Mandatory?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » TPing in Bracelets mandatory?
TPing in Bracelets mandatory?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-04-04 06:17:16  
Maximum evasion in theory should be 80% since minimum accuracy of both players and mobs is supposed to parse out at about 20%~

Aka: This is why evasion screws up when you don't want it to >:O
 Valefor.Dooom
サーバ: Valefor
user: Dooom
By Valefor.Dooom 2009-04-04 06:19:27  
Shindo said:
0 operating costs, tyvm.

We'll ignore exp, as you said you don't merit, but would this also apply to using food, oils, powders etc. etc. on missions and events? 'cos honestly, your attitude from your posts reeks of gimp.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-04 06:31:37  
Eek! A Troll! Kill it!
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-04 06:32:33  
Raenryong said:
Maximum evasion in theory should be 80% since minimum accuracy of both players and mobs is supposed to parse out at about 20%~

It's not 80% though. I can guarantee that much. My THF has over 500 EVA total and Byakko is getting at the most 10% of his attacks on me.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-04-04 06:36:25  
I've never parsed it to be honest and I feel like 20% minimum hit rate seems a bit high sometimes, I'll have to try it next time I solo Aquarius <_< he tries to hit enough.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-04 06:37:29  
Oh and another thing. Sometimes when I'm being stupid in Besieged, I go and melee a Troll on my 50 BLM with 0 club skill. Good luck getting 20% hit rate with that.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-04-04 06:43:41  
It would explain why ele staves seem freakishly accurate =P
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-04 06:54:05  
i highly doubt there is a acc or eva base.. honestly try to hit with a a weapon at 75 you dont have a skill with (like destroyers or so) doubt you'd get anywhere close to even 10% if its not an too weak ><
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-04 06:58:48  
I believe 5% is a good base, because I know you CAN hit if you wait long enough for it to happen.
 Fenrir.Shindo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2009-04-04 10:01:35  
Dooom said:
Shindo said:
0 operating costs, tyvm.

We'll ignore exp, as you said you don't merit, but would this also apply to using food, oils, powders etc. etc. on missions and events? 'cos honestly, your attitude from your posts reeks of gimp.

No I'll use that stuff when the situation calls for it. I make my own oils/powders, and I'll show up /NIN to stuff like Nyzul. I don't use food normally, but for major fights, say like Bahamut v1 I've been known to bring carbonara.

Although if you're the type that requires all melee to bring RR earrings, I guarantee you I'm gonna show up on SCH.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-04 10:10:47  
Don't worry, Shindo. Dooom was already tagged as a troll. Lol.
 Valefor.Dooom
サーバ: Valefor
user: Dooom
By Valefor.Dooom 2009-04-04 14:31:53  
Enternius said:
Don't worry, Shindo. Dooom was already tagged as a troll. Lol.

I'm not a troll, just argumentative ; ; And annoying. And live under a bridge, maybe D:

And no, I don't require melee to bring things like RR earrings, but food should be a bare minimum. It's as fundamental to me as proper TP and WS macros are.
 Fenrir.Elliott
user: Elliott
By Fenrir.Elliott 2009-04-04 16:31:35  
Shindo said:
I've put this out there before and been flamed to hell and back, but screw it, I don't care what the peanut gallery thinks. I've been able to complete all missions to date and much more, so I know what works for me.

It was asked early in the thread, and I'll say I don't use multiple gear sets for TP and WS. Am I cheap? Not really when it comes to gear. Am I lazy? Objectively speaking, no I don't think so. For me it's about ease of use. There are two main factors that keep me from using multiple gear sets. First is lack of item space. This problem is likely going to be solved once I get a mog satchel, but I do have multiple jobs, so for the moment space is an issue.

Second and more pressing is lack of macro capacity. I don't use the windower. I don't care if you do, I'm not saying you're cheating, but I just don't use it. It's not my style. If I could switch all the necessary pieces of gear to WS and switch back all in one macro, believe me I would. Having to use 5 different macros just to WS doesn't sit well with me, nor does it promote ease of use.

Onto the subject of merits, you know call me crazy, but as a gamer, I believe in a little thing called "fun". And attempting to factor in more numbers than an accountant isn't fun for me. I'm not aiming to be the best, I'm aiming to have fun. That's not to say I don't conduct myself with an air of professionalism. I show up, on time, with whatever sub and items are necessary for whatever it is I'm doing. I pay enough attention to what's going on so that I don't make a stupid mistake and get people killed. I know where to go, what to fight, and how to fight it. As long as you're capable of doing what I just laid out, should anyone care what gear you use?

That being said, I use Third Eye merits myself. My gear gives me a 6-hit without +2 TP, and I've been saved countless times by that lovely 25 sec Third Eye. But I don't do birds, I do campaign. I don't like having to deal with people's preferences (Fenrir is happily devoid of gear elitists, but suffers from the occasional stuck-up BRD that refuses to pt unless their ideal pt setup is met) or piss away gil on Shihei (THAT would be where I'm cheap. 0 operating costs, tyvm).

Awesome post! ^^
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-04-04 18:35:15  
The amount of fail in this thread is mind numbing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Cerilono
サーバ: Sylph
user: Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2009-04-04 20:12:50  
Frobeus said:

Agreed.
 Hades.Kvazz
サーバ: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-04-04 21:27:48  
Frobeus said:

/nod
 Hades.Kikha
サーバ: Hades
user:
By Hades.Kikha 2009-04-04 22:21:56
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Frobeus said:

Fail and mass amounts of gimp.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-04 22:52:49
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

welcome to the world of SAMs
 Fairy.Azulmagia
サーバ: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-04-04 22:57:27  
Super-simple Rule of Thumb:
- Your TP hands should have some form of Haste, Accuracy, or Attack,
- Pieces that detract from Accuracy or add Slow % are unacceptable for TP.

Bracelets have -DEX, therefore, have -Accuracy. Do not TP in them. Simple. Another thing a lot of people see are people TPing in Hecatomb or Rutter Sabatons. Do not TP in those, either.
 Cerberus.Cecilharvey
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cecilharvey 2009-04-05 08:25:24  
Kikha said:

Also full of clueless idiots "mostly thoses calling others gimps & moron arguing on something totaly away of the subject" remember what the OP asked... he never meant a crybaby war about an Askar Body & an Haubergon+1.

Now i don't understand why ppl with a too much income of hormones come there to split it out on everyone, go out & pay somes bills if you are in lack of puss damn it... just stop arguing on something when at least 70% of what is said is totaly false & stop insulting each others about one silly thing.. this thread was interesting at start, now its just a waste of space.

& for the best, everyone play his own style, somes styles must be wrong we'll all be ok on this point, but tbh, if you dislike to play with the others players why don't you GTFO to a solo game?

thats MY 2 gils to the lolthread.
[+]
 Fenrir.Omnitank
user: Omnitank
By Fenrir.Omnitank 2009-04-05 08:37:19  
Yes, it is mandatory to TP in them bracelets. End of discussion.
 Carbuncle.Magistrella
user: Majora
By Carbuncle.Magistrella 2009-04-05 08:39:19  
Cecilharvey said:
Kikha said:

Also full of clueless idiots "mostly thoses calling others gimps & moron arguing on something totaly away of the subject" remember what the OP asked... he never meant a crybaby war about an Askar Body & an Haubergon+1.

Now i don't understand why ppl with a too much income of hormones come there to split it out on everyone, go out & pay somes bills if you are in lack of puss damn it... just stop arguing on something when at least 70% of what is said is totaly false & stop insulting each others about one silly thing.. this thread was interesting at start, now its just a waste of space.

& for the best, everyone play his own style, somes styles must be wrong we'll all be ok on this point, but tbh, if you dislike to play with the others players why don't you GTFO to a solo game?

thats MY 2 gils to the lolthread.

Well luckily the biggest threadkillers are those who have to comment a thread with something like that... yeah oh well gj welldone kthxbye
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-05 11:40:56  
Cerilono said:
Lately on Sylph server I've seen more and more SAMs and DRKs wearing Bracelets while TPing, maybe even WSing.

Really, does any other server have this?

Yes, today for the first time >.< SAM 64 was TPing in Gigas Bracelets.....lol
 Asura.Slamm
サーバ: Asura
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-04-05 12:36:48  
Tails said:

Samurai's use Askar Korazins for their 5 Hit TP build, I see no reason why a samurai who is not having accuracy problems shouldn't be using their Korazin. You do not need Usukane or relics to be able to hit birds reliably, that's stupid.

i think people only use askar body cos they get hard over 2% double attack lol.
all sam should rly use hauby for tp.

Enternius said:
Raenryong said:

It's not 80% though. I can guarantee that much. My THF has over 500 EVA total and Byakko is getting at the most 10% of his attacks on me.

your eva setup ignore simple math now?
i doubt it, eva caps @ 80% has been known for a long time.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-05 13:17:47  
Zanno said:
Cerilono said:
Lately on Sylph server I've seen more and more SAMs and DRKs wearing Bracelets while TPing, maybe even WSing.

***, you stole my avatar!
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-04-06 07:52:00  
Enternius said:
Zanno said:
Cerilono said:

***, you stole my avatar!

Woah!? ME? I didn't know ._.
 Sylph.Cerilono
サーバ: Sylph
user: Cerilono
By Sylph.Cerilono 2009-04-06 20:52:44  
So this thread has come to a conclusion: TPing in bracelets = you being a Gimp.

Cure for this: Getting real TP gloves, get a better brain to think with.

Possible Infection: TPing in bracelets, being called Gimp, retard, idiot, etc.

Anyone with half a brain should know, with parsing, that TPing in bracelets for both DRK and SAM = Bad.

Kthxbye