users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Titlacauan
Titlacauan
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-05-22 17:09:07  
So what's the scoop on this guy? What's a good setup to kill him excluding jobs just for yellow !!. Charm and Death (I hope he's not immune to stun lol) seem like a real pain.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-22 17:13:03  
Hes *** annoying, but easy. THF/NIN + WHM/BLM(sch if near darksday) and BLM/BRD. He constantly charms... If there are douchebags nearby and they kill you, just kite it around. It's really easy to kite. Only thing to really watch for is death and Hadal summons. Death can be easily stunned, when he does Memento Mori he always follows w/a big spell, normally aga3/4 or comet/death. Just stun it. Hadal summons can deal a lot of dmg, barfira and mdt gear and if you die just kite.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2011-05-22 17:20:02  
1st no corse nm drops boots and 2nd this is the atto corse not tahrongi
 Ifrit.Therealchibo
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Therealchibo 2011-05-22 17:26:30  
What Xzeikz said, lawl
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-05-22 17:27:07  
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Yeah, you're right. Ugh, I really need to pay more attention to this. Disregard. Ugh.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-05-22 17:39:20  
Draylo is correct. He charms constantly, which is very annoying if you only have one DD, but also very easy to kite right at his spawn point. Make sure you cast on the NM after charm goes off or it will unclaim (in case there's any buttfaces waiting to steal). Death is very uncommon spell, but not hard to stun. Comet does not go through shadows. His attacks are extremely slow and he never double attacks. Anything with shadows can tank him the entire fight without getting hit.

Overall, I'd recommend bringing him to 25% and then just nuke him down until he dies to avoid tp feeding. Cannonball works great. As long as you stay far enough ahead of him, he'll only use tp moves which have longer ranges, and not charm.

For us we used BLU/NIN + WHM/RDM + BLM/BRD to cover all yellow weaks. BLU is great tank since they don't actually have to engage to deal damage and you can always reaving wind to prevent charm.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-22 17:41:22  
Hadal summons will go through shadows, and it does a lot of damage. Really the only thing that can kill you besides death.
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-22 17:52:01  
So I'm scared shitless of monsters that charm, call it an irrational fear. Could someone here please elaborate on what you do when charmed?

I saw that you should cast on him immediately, I understand that but are there a lot of obstacles to make kiting easy?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-22 18:05:06  
There's a couple of large rocks right by the spawn point, you'll have no trouble kiting him.
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-05-22 18:09:41  
Use Sleepga if someone is charmed who's got shadows up, and yea there's a nice kite area @ the ???.
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-05-22 18:13:24  
Odin.Dirtyfinger said:
Use Sleepga if someone is charmed who's got shadows up, and yea there's a nice kite area @ the ???.

Or in the case of when I fought it, just nuke the charmed person and make bets on whether that person will survive. I got charmed once and I thought I'd live though the nuke, and sure enough, I didn't.