Almace Or Kannagi?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Almace or Kannagi?
Almace or Kannagi?
First Page 2 3
 Ragnarok.Krafty
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: xKrafty
By Ragnarok.Krafty 2011-05-17 06:28:25  
I'm in a situation where I don't know which empy to get. I've recently got my NIN to 90 and I have capped EVA and Katana's are near cap.

My RDM is in full +2 with my gear setups ect but the question I keep getting asked is "Will you ever use it during a event?", which is a good point. I don't get the chance to fight on RDM much so would the Almace be the best bet?

My NIN is something I'm working on it, just recently did my +1, close to getting +1 hands also. I'm also working on my Zilart missions so I can get the Suppanomimi earring for it (Yes, I don't have it yet).

So my question is, what would you guys do?

(Currently at 21/50 helms and 14/50 skins)
 Sylph.Deathknight
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Deathknight 2011-05-17 06:29:43  
Both.
[+]
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-17 06:31:09  
I would get Almace as I don't have NIN up, but as no one wants RDM to melee your best bet would probably be NIN's weapon.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-05-17 06:32:09  
I'd do the one for my favorite job, be it useless or not. But if you like them equally Kannagi looks like a better option~
[+]
 Ragnarok.Krafty
By Ragnarok.Krafty 2011-05-17 06:35:22  
RDM is my best job, I've always played it the best I could, spent a lot of time, money and effort in trying to get the gear I got now but RDM is not one of the "Best" jobs any more (Inside abyssea, that is).

I was originally going for the Almace but when I leveled my NIN to 90 and capped my combat skills, I started to realise that Kannagi might be a better option, I also thought to myself if I get a Kannagi, getting a Almace would be much more easier on my behalf.
 Sylph.Anariodin
サーバ: Sylph
user: anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-05-17 06:36:24  
I personally want Almace. I am RDM and even if i NEVER use them in groups. I want EVERYTHING a RDM can get specific to the job. I.E. Relic, Empy, Mythic. it might take me forever, but I am +2d and have all empy accessories, and my Relic and AF (i am going to +1 them as soon as i get the proper access)
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-05-17 06:36:30  
Personally I'd get almace if u got blu but imo ninja will full time kannagi every day every time(cept red proc)
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-05-17 06:36:30  
I'd do both.
 Ragnarok.Krafty
By Ragnarok.Krafty 2011-05-17 06:43:18  
Sylph.Anariodin said:
I personally want Almace. I am RDM and even if i NEVER use them in groups. I want EVERYTHING a RDM can get specific to the job. I.E. Relic, Empy, Mythic. it might take me forever, but I am +2d and have all empy accessories, and my Relic and AF (i am going to +1 them as soon as i get the proper access)
I'm the exact same way, I've never ditched my RDM for anything but I think it's about time I start to leave my RDM as it is due to the fact we don't do much except De-buff and toss the amazing haste around and actually work on a job that I can do a lot with in any situation.

I appreciate all your feedback also guys, it's a hard choice to make atm.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-05-17 06:50:55  
If I had a job leveled that could use Almace, then I would do Almace. It has the potential of holding jobs which you don't currently have leveled, but could very easily do, and it adds to each of their performances in great ways.

Kannagi is good, there's no doubting that. Yet, at least to me, and especially outside of Abyssea it would seem, it lacks the oomph that I've seen the Almace give. By that I mean, the drastic change it brings to the jobs that wield it. It makes Paladin a decent damage dealer, and it completely rearranges the way in which Blue Mage does damage. I'll admit, nobody can really take a melee Red Mage incredibly seriously, but I like having job flexibility. Who knows, you may decide to level Blue Mage or Paladin in the future.
[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-17 06:53:31  
Ragnarok.Krafty said:
Sylph.Anariodin said:
I'm the exact same way, I've never ditched my RDM for anything but I think it's about time I start to leave my RDM as it is due to the fact we don't do much except De-buff and toss the amazing haste around and actually work on a job that I can do a lot with in any situation.

I appreciate all your feedback also guys, it's a hard choice to make atm.

I will never forgive SquareEnix and the playerbase for what they did to RDM.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Krafty
By Ragnarok.Krafty 2011-05-17 06:56:15  
Asura.Vyre said:
If I had a job leveled that could use Almace, then I would do Almace. It has the potential of holding jobs which you don't currently have leveled, but could very easily do, and it adds to each of their performances in great ways.

Kannagi is good, there's no doubting that. Yet, at least to me, and especially outside of Abyssea it would seem, it lacks the oomph that I've seen the Almace give. By that I mean, the drastic change it brings to the jobs that wield it. It makes Paladin a decent damage dealer, and it completely rearranges the way in which Blue Mage does damage. I'll admit, nobody can really take a melee Red Mage incredibly seriously, but I like having job flexibility. Who knows, you may decide to level Blue Mage or Paladin in the future.
Thanks for this!

You've really made me think about what to get and I'm thinking of getting my Almace, so what if RDM don't melee as much it's not the point. The fact that I'll have a RDM with empy and some amazing gear would at least tell me that I've accomplished something, I've nearly finished one job to the potential it can reach.

Titan.Darkestknight said:

I will never forgive SquareEnix and the playerbase for what they did to RDM.
Neither will I, they ruined this job.
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-17 07:01:37  
Alright so I'm obviously biased as Nin is my main job, but I did play lolblu for awhile. I'm sorry, I can't help myself I frickin hate that job. Job bashing side:

How often do you actually melee on red mage? Do you have an amazing PDT build that lets you tank with the melees? From the way you've talked it doesn't seem that way, but if you wanted to transition to that kind of play then maybe almace is for you.

Kannagi makes Nin a top-tier DD that's hard to compete with because of its versatility. We can red proc like warriors, get yellow hints (and have 1/8), and compete with v-thagna 90 monks. That last one I'm not sure, a lot of ninjas say they parse with them but I kind of doubt that. With a Whm alt, I can do almost anything in this game alone. The only reason I do things with other people is because they are my friends and I enjoy their company, ninja gives you a lot of versatility in who you do things with.

Downside of ninja? Gearing it is a ***. Like seriously, a ***. A lot is expected out of you if you're a Nin main - in my opinion any red mage that could step up and do a 2-3k chant du cygne is awesome. I didin't really consider my Ninja complete until I got my Hachi feet today for 8mil. I'm babbling but I think that's what you wanted, good luck.
[+]
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-17 07:03:28  
*The difference between a Jin and Kannagi Nin is drastic, to say otherwise is heresy. Then again, Almace lets you go Paladin/Red mage/Blue.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-17 07:06:59  
Shiva.Msthief said:
Alright so I'm obviously biased as Nin is my main job, but I did play lolblu for awhile. I'm sorry, I can't help myself I frickin hate that job.

I like BLU, but it's magic is it's damage like RDM, it's Melee is a joke. That said Square does seem to want to improve that side of it which is more than can be said for RDM.
By BorealisV2 2011-05-17 07:21:51  
Ukon.
[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-17 07:27:14  
BorealisV2 said:
Ukon.
You can get Ukon with Briareus Helms and Sobek Skins, since when?
By BorealisV2 2011-05-17 07:30:22  
BorealisV2 said:
Ukon.
You can get Ukon with Briareus Helms and Sobek Skins, since when?

If I wasn't at work and not completely lazy, I would post an 'Over your head' type pic.

Derp.
[+]
 Asura.Buddhsie
user: Buddhsie
By Asura.Buddhsie 2011-05-17 07:45:51  
Ninja sucks, Blade: Hi sucks.. no comparison ^__^
[+]
 Shiva.Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-17 07:53:06  
Shiva.Msthief said:
Alright so I'm obviously biased as Nin is my main job, but I did play lolblu for awhile. I'm sorry, I can't help myself I frickin hate that job.

I like BLU, but it's magic is it's damage like RDM, it's Melee is a joke. That said Square does seem to want to improve that side of it which is more than can be said for RDM.

I'm not going to derail this flaming about blu but let's discuss overall damage output. With a perfect DD/haste build, these mages can reach about 190 delay whereas ninjas can reach 130 delay. Add onto that the fact that Ninja's evasion is far superior and can cast 4 and 5 shadows, if you have hate you'll be doing a lot less casting as Ninja while taking a similar amount of damage. In the end, you'll probably proc aftermath at least twice as often if you're on ninja and weapon skill much more often.

I just don't see how any of the almace jobs except maybe an ochain Paladin can compete with Ninja's overall usefulness and funness with a Kannagi. As I stated at the beginning of my first post, I'm bias. If you can see yourself having an awesome time sporting an almace as red mage do it, but make sure you don't want to be a godly Kannagi nin beforehand. Outside of abyssea on easier mobs, I can hit 2k on Hi easily - the aftermath is the largest addition to my damage out here.
By BorealisV2 2011-05-17 07:56:41  
Shiva.Msthief said:
Shiva.Msthief said:

I'm not going to derail this flaming about blu but let's discuss overall damage output. With a perfect DD/haste build, these mages can reach about 190 delay whereas ninjas can reach 130 delay. Add onto that the fact that Ninja's evasion is far superior and can cast 4 and 5 shadows, if you have hate you'll be doing a lot less casting as Ninja while taking a similar amount of damage. In the end, you'll probably proc aftermath at least twice as often if you're on ninja and weapon skill much more often.

I just don't see how any of the almace jobs except maybe an ochain Paladin can compete with Ninja's overall usefulness and funness with a Kannagi. As I stated at the beginning of my first post, I'm bias. If you can see yourself having an awesome time sporting an almace as red mage do it, but make sure you don't want to be a godly Kannagi nin beforehand. Outside of abyssea on easier mobs, I can hit 2k on Hi when the *** move crits, otherwise it does pitiful damage - the aftermath is the largest addition to my damage out here.

Fixed.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-05-17 08:17:24  
Asura.Buddhsie said:
Ninja sucks, Blade: Hi sucks.. no comparison ^__^
Shut your face you girly dancer man
[+]
 Asura.Buddhsie
user: Buddhsie
By Asura.Buddhsie 2011-05-17 08:24:37  
WHAT THE *** MAT! HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR YESTERDAY!
 Ragnarok.Krafty
By Ragnarok.Krafty 2011-05-17 09:29:09  
I'll most probably stick with my Almace, from what I've read I'd rather stick to my RDM as I've never ditched it.

Thanks for all the great feedback.
 Carbuncle.Niusha
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Niusha
By Carbuncle.Niusha 2011-05-17 09:37:15  
i say go with kannagi. it has the potential to turn ninja into a true top-tier job, whereas almace is really just something to play around with on red mage. you're probably not going to be meleeing on anything significant, unless you wanna be crazy and rdm/nin tank stuff. if so, by all means. but you said it yourself, you barely even get to play rdm...

also, ignore the people saying blade: hi is crap if it doesn't crit. the same could be said about chant du cygne. even outside abyssea, your numbers will still be significantly higher than if you were doing jins, not to mention the aftermath owns. and once you get kannagi, it's really not hard to 2box or duo an almace... hell you can do the briareus' solo nin/dnc or nin/whm without too much trouble if you watch for the 1111 mercurial strikes
By BorealisV2 2011-05-17 09:42:17  
Carbuncle.Niusha said:
i say go with kannagi. it has the potential to turn ninja into a true top-tier job, whereas almace is really just something to play around with on red mage. you're probably not going to be meleeing on anything significant, unless you wanna be crazy and rdm/nin tank stuff. if so, by all means. but you said it yourself, you barely even get to play rdm...

also, ignore the people saying blade: hi is crap if it doesn't crit. the same could be said about chant du cygne. even outside abyssea, your numbers will still be significantly higher than if you were doing jins, not to mention the aftermath owns.

Listen to the people that say Blade: Hi sucks outside of Abyssea, they're correct. A full non-crit Chant would do more than a full non-crit :Hi mainly due to the spastic mods on :Hi. Gearing DEX is a lot easier. And I wouldn't be surprised to find a well geared :Jin beating lolHi.
 Carbuncle.Niusha
By Carbuncle.Niusha 2011-05-17 09:50:44  
i've tested my basically perfect jin set against my hi set that still needs a couple pieces outside of abyssea. the hi's win, hands down. and there's no way a rdm would be able to keep up damage-wise with a good nin, in or outside abyssea.

i don't even want to think about rdm trying to hit a voidwatch mob with that B sword skill...
By BorealisV2 2011-05-17 09:57:10  
Carbuncle.Niusha said:
i've tested my basically perfect jin set against my hi set that still needs a couple pieces outside of abyssea. the hi's win, hands down. and there's no way a rdm would be able to keep up damage-wise with a good nin, in or outside abyssea.

i don't even want to think about rdm trying to hit a voidwatch mob with that B sword skill...

Didn't say anything about a RDM keeping up with a NIN, just said that :Hi sucks and Chant is probably better outside.
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-17 10:02:10  
No one is comparing a RDM to NIN, seriously!! Someone's a bit paranoid.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Niusha
By Carbuncle.Niusha 2011-05-17 10:14:45  
BorealisV2 said:

Didn't say anything about a RDM keeping up with a NIN, just said that :Hi sucks and Chant is probably better outside.

really, the numbers are pretty similar outside. i do a lot of stuff with a well-geared almace blu, i've been watching him cdc for months, and i guarantee his attack is a lot higher than a rdm's due to sword skill, gear, and attack bonus *** from his spells.

BorealisV2 said:

Listen to the people that say Blade: Hi sucks outside of Abyssea, they're correct. A full non-crit Chant would do more than a full non-crit :Hi mainly due to the spastic mods on :Hi. Gearing DEX is a lot easier.

outside abyssea, even if blade: hi has lower lows than chant du cygne, i'm pretty positive it ends up at least matching the average dmg, if not surpassing it. you're also going to be weaponskilling a lot more on ninja than anything that can use almace.

you're talking like it's hard for a ninja to get agi gear for ws. it's really not, most of the ***i had already (seiryu's kote, anwig salade, loki's kaftan, lithe boots...) before i even got a kannagi. any half-decent nin should have an evasion set, a lot of those pieces have agi on them
[+]
First Page 2 3