Almace Or Kannagi?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Almace or Kannagi?
Almace or Kannagi?
 Carbuncle.Niusha
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Niusha
By Carbuncle.Niusha 2011-05-18 00:09:21  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I'm going to hazard a guess that your NIN doesn't have Kannagi, which makes that an unfair comparison.

i just said it does...
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-05-18 00:17:29  
Carbuncle.Niusha said:
torcleaver still does 2.5-4k

How about an average? Something in me doubts you're always hitting a minimum of 2.5k. On another note, how necessary is x-hit for DRK nowadays? I see a lot of /MNK, I'm no DRK but I've been curious (beyond the obvious /MNK is good for tanking).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-18 00:26:00  
Carbuncle.Niusha said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I'm going to hazard a guess that your NIN doesn't have Kannagi, which makes that an unfair comparison.

i just said it does...
Oops, I overlooked that. Hmm... Before I would've dismissed that out of hand, but with Last Resort buffed I could see it being situationally possible. Seems sketchy as /MNK though.
 Carbuncle.Niusha
By Carbuncle.Niusha 2011-05-18 01:18:02  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
How about an average?

i'd say 3k is pretty normal, but my great sword skill still isn't capped lol

Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
On another note, how necessary is x-hit for DRK nowadays? I see a lot of /MNK, I'm no DRK but I've been curious (beyond the obvious /MNK is good for tanking).
you don't really have to go out of your way for x-hit. i use rajas ring, ace's leggings, and goading belt (+5 store tp each) and that puts me just over 100 tp for ws + 7 swings (with great sword, of course) and i still hit haste cap. i really just like /mnk for the hp boost and extra damage output of counterstance. /war is nice too. i don't like /sam anymore since hasso and desperate blows don't stack, not to mention the extended recast timers when using seigen or hasso have always annoyed me

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Seems sketchy as /MNK though.

it's definitely sketchy, fun though. you need a whm who doesn't mind cure bombing you

really the ODD is where it's at, the raising of crit dmg cap makes ss rr apoc a nasty combo for drk
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-05-18 01:26:51  
Torcleaver Rarley drops below 3k now with LR up new buff is amazing <3
 Bahamut.Gimpness
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-05-18 01:33:29  
May i just say his ninja is wearing pink hands/legs/feet and an osode. I think the answer to the OP is obvious. (*'-')b

JUST DON'T DO IT

no but really, don't make a kannagi and wear the gear I'm seeing on your profile right now, you'll just get screwed with.
 Leviathan.Maphis
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Maphis
By Leviathan.Maphis 2011-05-18 01:38:31  
Dont join the bandwagon.. build a almace :D
dare to be differnt..
 Valefor.Neokenesis
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2011-05-18 01:45:41  
I think primarily the choice is yours and yours alone and getting a forum help decide for you isn't the way to go. There have been numerous posts about Almace/Kannagi and the numbers they produce.

If you're not going to take it to 90 then don't bother. I'm sick of seeing 85 versions of eph w/ no trial for 90 stamped.

GL w/ what ever route you decide. At the end of the day you will always like the weapon you choose because NOT everyone has one.
 Carbuncle.Niusha
By Carbuncle.Niusha 2011-05-18 03:47:57  
Valefor.Neokenesis said:

If you're not going to take it to 90 then don't bother. I'm sick of seeing 85 versions of eph w/ no trial for 90 stamped.

but the trial stamp looks so ugly! i'm saving my upgrade items until i can turn them all in at once
 Shiva.Xellith
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-05-18 04:02:46  
Valefor.Neokenesis said:

does it *** matter if someone just gets it to 85? Or do you complain about people with the WOE weapons because they arnt as powerful as full emps?
[+]
 Fenrir.Fearforever
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-05-18 04:12:30  
Shiva.Xellith said:
Valefor.Neokenesis said:

does it *** matter if someone just gets it to 85? Or do you complain about people with the WOE weapons because they arnt as powerful as full emps?

Getting the Lv90 version of Almace / Kannagi is a nightmare with Apak so you cant expect people to just get them. Even as a lv85 Empy it still beats the crap outta the WoE weapons
 Fenrir.Shishiza
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Shishiza 2011-05-18 04:37:27  
Fenrir.Fearforever said:
Shiva.Xellith said:
Valefor.Neokenesis said:

Getting the Lv90 version of Almace / Kannagi is a nightmare with Apak so you cant expect people to just get them. Even as a lv85 Empy it still beats the crap outta the WoE weapons

Truly, getting them sisyphus fragments was the hard part :<
 Cerberus.Elistriell
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Elistriell 2011-05-18 04:54:02  
Either way, it's a ***ton of apademak's... same with the harp.

depending on what you play most, and your preferences, any empy is worth it.
 Valefor.Neokenesis
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2011-05-18 05:53:35  
Shiva.Xellith said:
Valefor.Neokenesis said:

No don't complain about WoE path weapons as it was the path available to that person at the time. But there are too many gimp *** people that go around saying look at me I got an eph and it is 85. Working on 90 all the power to you. But if you give up b4 you start and say can't do apademak too hard shouldnt even bother because the fact is it can be taken down with 3 people.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tarowyn
user: Tarowyn
By Fenrir.Tarowyn 2011-05-18 06:03:44  
How can you even tell if they're working on it or not, I'm' sure for 85-90 at least, plenty of people just wait til they collect them all before starting/finishing the trial.
 Valefor.Neokenesis
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2011-05-18 06:11:24  
Fenrir.Tarowyn said:
How can you even tell if they're working on it or not, I'm' sure for 85-90 at least, plenty of people just wait til they collect them all before starting/finishing the trial.

I don't know exactly... you know u check a persons bazaar/equip oh thats nice he/she has a eph. 3 mnths later.. Oh there is that person. A bugger they still have 85.

I don't use an LS to help get eph weapons. 75 horns took 5 bloody days through /sh runs. I'm not saying it to make me look good. But the truth is it is not hard. So to take an eph to 85 and give up is useless.
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-05-18 11:37:12  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

10 PDT on the sword is an assload of haste elsewhere. Trading out Darksteel Cap +1, Melaco Mittens, and Darksteel Leggings +1 for Zelus Tiara, Dusk Gloves +1, and Dusk Ledelsens +1 is 15% haste for 8% PDT. You should at minimum have Goading Belt and Haste spell, so you're looking at a 23% minimum increase in damage plus the gains in attack vs CDC, ODD (exact rate will vary depending on DWing or no and WS frequency), slightly higher base damage, and some DEX. I'm not going to say that one is better than the other, but RDM's CDC damage isn't that great so I could see alternatives at least being competitive, especially if the mob doesn't take reduced damage from Sanguine Blade.

RDM doesn't get native Sanguine Blade, and wouldn't full time PDT unless they were /BLU riding Cocoon. While that's fine for weaker NMs, on anything with the ability to cause some pain you'd be /NIN to conserve MP and lessen the time lost to recasting mitigation spells and cures. The other alternatives are going /Drk or /War, but it would be foolish to give up your defensive abilities on anything beyond fodder mobs.

With uncapped fast cast, easy 50% recasts, Para and Saboteur Slow, it's fairly easy to ride shadows in full haste, and on the whole you spend less time casting than /BLU. In this situation, you wouldn't equip PDT gear unless you were going to take a hit, much like you wouldn't full time MDT against a mob unless you were going to get hit by a spell.

Save the PDT gear for when it's necessary, and gear for haste/atk/acc to make your melee phases more effective. It's also worth noting that beyond the less functional sub job, Sanguine Blade is somewhat annoying to gear for on NMs outside of Abyssea. It's a Str/Mnd WSC but requires a fairly decent fInt in order to be a high dmg option, even on IT's you'll see a visible reduction in dmg when going from a neutral mob to a spell caster. I wouldn't count on it to match the utility of CDC's ws dmg+aftermath on any consistent basis.
 Sylph.Annex
サーバ: Sylph
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2011-05-18 11:42:04  
If you ever consider (or already have) leveling PLD or BLU, the Almace can be used by those three jobs. It moer versital. If you want it for your rdm, i only see it for soloing but there shouldn't be much, if nothing at all that a nin can solo what a rdm can. So if you are going to solo get the Kannagi on nin. But if you have the two other jobs, might as well Almace. XD
 Cerberus.Wojo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-05-18 11:46:27  
Whats the damage like on the almace for the BLU's RDM's or PLD's?