The Days Of Pet PDT Build SE Officially Goodbye!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » The days of Pet PDT build SE Officially goodbye!
The days of Pet PDT build SE Officially goodbye!
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-13 09:58:24  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
I love how people try to justify taking 2 hours to solo a mob. It's lame when they don't accept help either.

If they want to take two hours to kill something they can. Just as linkshells camp NM's for days on the go blocking anyone else from getting them.

Raborn said:
So I need clarification here, it just means no more invincible pets as in taking 0 dmg pets right?
Cause if they cap the PDT/MDT so I don't get the 82% amd 65% I've been working on here this last week they better put a *** cap on everything in the game.

Since they only planned on PLD breaking the PDT- and MDT- I suspect they'll cap it at player cap 50% of each.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-05-13 09:59:48  
since when having max pdt because of gear and atmas is an exploit? noobs
[+]
 Phoenix.Leglevant
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Legs21
By Phoenix.Leglevant 2011-05-13 10:02:56  
Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
since when having max pdt because of gear and atmas is an exploit? noobs

I'd bet it had something to do with the 27 page back and forth 'discussion' (since my choice of words would be either deleted or filtered) of it on the Official Forums in the last 2 days.
[+]
By Raborn 2011-05-13 10:05:50  
Well if they do cap PDT/MDT for pets and it doesn't let me stack the gear i worked for (which is their fault for releasing it and not thinking) then I'm going to write a nasty letter and I'm taking my leave from the game again.
There's a reason SE has one of the lowest rating on the BBB. And I think we all know why.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zoltar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-13 10:11:48  
I'm gonna dipperyuly/evasion-tank the ***out of NMs like I did previously. Problem?
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-05-13 10:15:43  
It's up to you how you want to spend your time. I'd rather just kill something in 10 minutes, get what I need done and do something else D:

I'd cringe if I had to spend an hour ot two on one NM :/
[+]
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-13 10:20:09  
Hardly. Most NMs are 15-min bst solo TOPS. And those are Hed, Azdaja, Alfard, etc. Move on troll

Anyway, guess price of dipper just went up. Pet Evasion axe x2 + evasion atma + RR + def/regen atma go!
[+]
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-13 10:24:59  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
It's up to you how you want to spend your time. I'd rather just kill something in 10 minutes, get what I need done and do something else D:

I'd cringe if I had to spend an hour ot two on one NM :/

Takes 10 minutes to kill something, oh dear!
 Cerberus.Valmur
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-05-13 10:32:01  
...lol 1-2hours... guess you never seen an actual proper bst fight?
 Valefor.Zolan
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Zolan 2011-05-13 10:32:17  
Lol an hour... You think an hour is bad... Then you are not a ffxi soloer.. Hour was standard at 75 for anything good as rdm. I once spent 8 hrs poping ixern drk and another three killing .. And before the join an ls comment I was in a great ls and had ben promised the next cape but it was the challenge that was the point.. 1/2 self ixern drk for the cape.
 Siren.Wolfpack
サーバ: Siren
user: wolfpack
By Siren.Wolfpack 2011-05-13 10:33:35  
i kinda thought giving bst 100% pdt was SE saying srry for takeing away bst charm ability. and id have to say SE was ok with it untill all u normies started crying.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-05-13 10:36:06  
Siren.Wolfpack said:
i kinda thought giving bst 100% pdt was SE saying srry for takeing away bst charm ability. and id have to say SE was ok with it untill all u normies started crying.

This^^ Can we have {Charm} in abyssea now?
 Ifrit.Tulnig
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Tulnig
By Ifrit.Tulnig 2011-05-13 10:43:52  
Ok, so what is the -pdt cap on pets now? What was the actual adjustment that was made? I read through this whole topic and the information that SE disclosed, but I am still unsure of the impact. Does anyone have any details on what was done?
 Siren.Wolfpack
By Siren.Wolfpack 2011-05-13 10:45:31  
all bst would feel alot better about lossing pdt. even if our charmed pets dont get atma. atleast we have the option to {charm}
[+]
By Raborn 2011-05-13 10:49:29  
It hasn't happened yet, the exact details are unknown.
But most likely if every job in the game hard caps at 50% PDT then that's probably what SE is going to cap off pets at as well.

As people have said earlier it just means longer fights and waits for those people complaining about bst being able to solo stuff they want.
Eta and Zeta with regen atmas and the single ducal guard atma, then regear for Pet Attack and Accuracy / double attack / crit rate. Evasion build when neccessary.

Oh well no big loss, just gotta go and do more magian trials now.
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-13 10:49:58  
Raborn said:
Well if they do cap PDT/MDT for pets and it doesn't let me stack the gear i worked for (which is their fault for releasing it and not thinking) then I'm going to write a nasty letter and I'm taking my leave from the game again. There's a reason SE has one of the lowest rating on the BBB. And I think we all know why.
lol. Can you please post your "nasty letter" I think the ah.com community could use a good laugh.

Cry moar? Did you really think that 100% pdt would last, thats broken man and every bst has either said it or thought it along the way. Oh and as someone said it before your "hard earned" gear took what max 3 or 4 days to get..OMG THE HORROR!

If this of alllll things makes you /ragequit, the game is better off without you.
[+]
 Cerberus.Valmur
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-05-13 10:52:55  
Personally I never went above 50% pdt, granted I used Ducal guard/Razed Ruins/and some generic eva/regen atma depending on what i'm fighting so really I can't understand what the big fuss is with 100% pdt, dipper and other pets got enough hp to take afew hits and reward :s
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-05-13 10:53:17  
Cerberus.Valmur said:
...lol 1-2hours... guess you never seen an actual proper bst fight?

If you paid attention.

Phoenix.Leglevant said:
Like I mentioned in the other thread, the BST community will adapt and find a new way not to die to NM's that can kill alliances. Not the first time they've had to adjust to something being taken away, certainly won't be the last.

Although don't be shocked if you now see BST's slapping on 2 Regen Atam's + Ducal Guard and keep doing the same exact thing that everyone that whined and cried about, a BST taking 60min to kill 'their' mob, going to have to wait 2hr now. Good job!

Edit: Oh and before you decide to try and jump me with whatever it is you have to say about me being said BST in the previous paragraph, no, I wasn't, nor will I ever be someone who wastes that much time for little to no reward unless of course I'm just screwing around but at that point, I'd die anyway since I can't stand wasting peoples time.

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
I love how people try to justify taking 2 hours to solo a mob. It's lame when they don't accept help either.

If they want to take two hours to kill something they can. Just as linkshells camp NM's for days on the go blocking anyone else from getting them.

Didn't see the initial posters edit until my comment(s) were posted. but this is what I was initially talking about.
[+]
By Raborn 2011-05-13 10:59:18  
Bahamut.Zorander said:

If this of alllll things makes you /ragequit, the game is better off without you.

Not /ragequit, you are mistaken.
I'm just tired of wasting my time and money on stuff that 2 days later gets nerfed.
That was more of a what runs through my head in the first 5 minutes of reading more *** about the jobs I enjoy catching shafts all the time.
 Phoenix.Leglevant
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Legs21
By Phoenix.Leglevant 2011-05-13 11:01:07  
Yeah, I made that edit while you were posting Skar, I knew someone would say something about the 2hr comment I made. =)

As it is, this change doesn't really bother me too much, nothing I kill on BST takes me personally more then 15-20 min depending on how much I'm actually meleeing with my pets, which mobs I'm fighting, etc. I never built a 100% PDT set because frankly I never saw the need for it.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-05-13 11:18:03  
Quote:
Cause if they cap the PDT/MDT so I don't get the 82% amd 65% I've been working on here this last week they better put a *** cap on everything in the game.

Most stuff does have a cap.

Quote:
Well if they do cap PDT/MDT for pets and it doesn't let me stack the gear i worked for (which is their fault for releasing it and not thinking) then I'm going to write a nasty letter and I'm taking my leave from the game again.
There's a reason SE has one of the lowest rating on the BBB. And I think we all know why.

Because they patch unbalanced exploits? What a terrible company!

If you don't see how 100% PDT is broken, you're in denial.
[+]
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-05-13 11:21:14  
Thank god it's being fixed, had enough people who thought making a pet invincible ment they're a good BST.
Finally back to the days of proper soloing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-05-13 11:35:07  
And RDM only had a few very extreme solos that required an hour O_o
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-13 11:35:48  
Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
Thank god it's being fixed, had enough people who thought making a pet invincible ment they're a good BST. Finally back to the days of proper soloing.
This..soooo much this.

This doesn't ruin bst. It ruins ppl that don't know how to play/gear bst correctly. Allowing pets to have 100% pdt is stupidly broken and takes any skill bst may have had and tosses it out the window. How hard is it to just stand there looking at your pet while it slowly kills an NM..in some cases you don't even need to feed it.

Raborn said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Not /ragequit, you are mistaken. I'm just tired of wasting my time and money on stuff that 2 days later gets nerfed. That was more of a what runs through my head in the first 5 minutes of reading more *** about the jobs I enjoy catching shafts all the time.
You had your run for like 5 or 6 months in abyssea..or am I mistaken?
[+]
 Siren.Wolfpack
By Siren.Wolfpack 2011-05-13 11:37:57  
Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
Thank god it's being fixed, had enough people who thought making a pet invincible ment they're a good BST. Finally back to the days of proper soloing.
nothing is proper in abyssea untill we get charm.
 Leviathan.Goldengreg
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Goldengreg 2011-05-13 11:39:51  
Since we don't know what the cap will be, we could end with a 80% and having pets being nerfed from "Galactus" to "Juggernaut".
I'm ok with a Juggernaut since I completed my first PDT axe this week, and couldn't yet toy around with an invincible pet.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2011-05-13 11:57:53  
Siren.Wolfpack said:
Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
I was never a fan of charm solo, too luck based and mob unclaimed too often.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Zeto
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2011-05-13 12:04:39  
Yes proper soloing! Where best BST is now who can stack the most MND gear! 2.5k reward builds goooo
 Bismarck.Zagen
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-05-13 12:12:36  
Siren.Wolfpack said:
Bahamut.Sakurawr said:
Maybe I'm just oblivious to something but isn't charm in abyssea going to cause more harm than potential good? The risk for failure just seems greater.

I mean couldn't a group of jerks walks up to a soloing BST, doesn't ask to team to help get the BST out of the way but instead TE farms on your "charm mobs" causing them to level up on respawns to the point where you're likely to fail charms more often and/or force you to swap more often?

Forget the whole kill all your charmable monsters of the old times, this seems scarier to me than relying on Jug Pets.
 Sylph.Ericnuke
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ericnuke
By Sylph.Ericnuke 2011-05-13 12:54:39  
If they were able to charm in abyssea BST could just keep throwing pets at NMs and never die (except the occasional mischarm, but with enhancements and atmas that wouldn't be an issue), but SE won't fix the issues of losing claim on pet swap and can't do anything about pet killing, so it seems a fair trade off to me. I know people are mad because BST won't invite them to make the kill faster, but I don't remember many invites when I leveled my BST to 75 (my 1st 75 at that). I'd rather see BST get a full makeover instead of a nerf beaten since they can't use half their abilities in abyssea. Next thing they will do is take shadows away from NIN.....lol
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13