users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » one way to deal with in-game RMT spam
one way to deal with in-game RMT spam
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-29 05:46:33  
I think if anything, SE should make it easier to get gil so less people are tempted to buy it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kirutaru
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kirutaru
By Quetzalcoatl.Kirutaru 2009-03-29 06:26:40  
Enternius said:
I think if anything, SE should make it easier to get gil so less people are tempted to buy it.

QFT - I been saying this since the first of many, many farming nerfs. It's like they want to take away gil from hard working players. Ok, so Gilsellers do it too? ok well monitor them see who is buying dynamis coins and who is trading 30million to Grchackxm. That's one gilseller in the bank.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-29 06:31:45  
Neonracer said:
I think it may be b.c FFXIAH. is using this site to advertise freely or it is sponsored, and then what they do is alphapetically go through all the servers starting with Bahamet and go to the end... from start to finish.. and spam the F**k out of everyone, b.c its there way of advertising b.c SE has kicked them out or most of them. They still exisit by using the free 1 month acc. and then log out and quit, and trust me. they wil always remina. Were all under the will of the RMT.. no matter how we see it. Just ignor them.. and don't support them. DONT BUY GIL.. hurt them as they hurt us..

/sea all Aa
/sea all Ab
/sea all Ac
/sea all Ad
/sea all Ae

etc etc etc

You can do that a lot quicker with a bot. FFXIAH is nothing to do with it.

Seriously though, just ignore them, jesus. It's not hard.
 Siren.Vagustae
サーバ: Siren
user: VaguStae
By Siren.Vagustae 2009-03-29 07:05:59  
Wooooodum said:

^ This.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-29 07:13:41  
Wooooodum said:

It gets annoying though. I got like 3 /ts all at once one time, of course, that was after I started spaming hate /ts back. I think they did it so they could lag me a little (didn't work though) but still, it is annoying as hell.

I do, however, find it fun making very rude comments back, and spam it over and over and over again. Maybe they will get the hint, if they ever see the messages I send them.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-29 07:26:00  
Korpg said:
I do, however, find it fun making very rude comments back, and spam it over and over and over again.

And yet you complain about them sending you tells?

If you ignore them, they're not going to spam you. It's that simple.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-29 08:42:09  
Enternius said:

That's just stupid, the cost of items is relative to how hard it is to get. So the more gil people can get, then they will be happy to spend more for items, and in turn will want to sell their items for more because they know people will happy to spend the extra gil on them. This has a cumulative effect, driving up prices all over the place, and then the people that are too lazy or stupid to start earning this easier to obtain gil get left behind, and it encourages them to buy gil. At the same time, RMT also have more gil to sell, so in fact, making gil easier to obtain has the exact reverse effect on RMT than the intended.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-03-29 08:45:30  
Aphy said:
I get GS /tells all the time lol. Im the only "A" person in my shell so I warn my shell, usually the b's then c's and d's get them all the way to about n-t and after t they stop. I dont know why. o.O

haha I have never got a single tell from RMT :)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-29 08:48:19  
Aphy said:
I get GS /tells all the time lol. Im the only "A" person in my shell so I warn my shell, usually the b's then c's and d's get them all the way to about n-t and after t they stop. I dont know why. o.O

Probably get nuked by GM's by T ^^

I don't get many tells either :p
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-29 08:50:25  
no-one on Odin gets them any more, they've all been banned and Odin is closed ^^