Bismarck.Hsieh
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2011-05-10 14:06:32  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
So WTF, did non-crit jobs get shafted again?

lulz will be had.
Why the f#*% would they do this >_> It's not like Crits weren't already too powerful
Yeah, I don't understand either.
By Nabis 2011-05-11 04:35:49  
so any info on new crt dmg cap?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-11 04:36:41  
Nabis said:
so any info on new crt dmg cap?

<3
By Nabis 2011-05-11 04:38:17  
sup sev
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-11 04:48:34  
Bismarck.Hsieh said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

lulz will be had.
Why the f#*% would they do this >_> It's not like Crits weren't already too powerful

You guyes act like SAM and DRK etc cant crit at all.
It's a buff to all melees(+ranged), it just makes some job able to spike even higher >_>

So yes, it's a bigger buff for some jobs, but it is in fact a buff to all dds.
By Nabis 2011-05-11 05:05:27  
drk can crt with Gsword ws

:D
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Hunewearl
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Yuffy
By Gilgamesh.Hunewearl 2011-05-11 05:21:15  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Bismarck.Hsieh said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

lulz will be had.

It's a buff to all melees(+ranged), it just makes some job able to spike even higher >_>

As long as it's not a 1:1 boost, as it wasn't even a 1:1 situation to begin with, there is a reason to QQ even if it's useless and in the end doesn't help anything.

With people playing every single job nowadays, everyone is winning.
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-05-11 05:36:48  
Gilgamesh.Hunewearl said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Bismarck.Hsieh said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

lulz will be had.

As long as it's not a 1:1 boost, as it wasn't even a 1:1 situation to begin with, there is a reason to QQ even if it's useless and in the end doesn't help anything.

Since when does everyone play every single job? Mnk, Thf, Nin, War, Whm, Blm, Brd, Blu. there are no other jobs! lol. I rarely if ever play anything other than mnk or nin.

If my goal is to DD, i don't see why I would get on a job that can't do as much damage as say nin, mnk, thf, or war. Outside of abyssea might be different (seems like new content is new abyssea...). Why take a dragoon to something and have him do 50k damage when you could take a thief and do just as much (if not more) and get TH11. Its utility, usefulness that decides what jobs we go nowadays.
 Shiva.Dais
サーバ: Shiva
user: Dais
By Shiva.Dais 2011-05-11 06:33:48  
Bismarck.Raistlinratt said:

Since when does everyone play every single job? Mnk, Thf, Nin, War, Whm, Blm, Brd, Blu. there are no other jobs! lol. I rarely if ever play anything other than mnk or nin.

If my goal is to DD, i don't see why I would get on a job that can't do as much damage as say nin, mnk, thf, or war. Outside of abyssea might be different (seems like new content is new abyssea...). Why take a dragoon to something and have him do 50k damage when you could take a thief and do just as much (if not more) and get TH11. Its utility, usefulness that decides what jobs we go nowadays.

The cap has been raised but new ways to reach that cap havent come about. it may just be a way to help out crit gear when razed ruins is already on every dd. unless a drastic amount of new gear or abilities come out to buff up to the cap it's just something to be mindful of.

Off Topic: you have no idea how satisfying it is for me to see blu on the short list after so much rejection at colibris.
 Gilgamesh.Hunewearl
user: Yuffy
By Gilgamesh.Hunewearl 2011-05-11 06:46:09  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Bismarck.Hsieh said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

lulz will be had.

I just meant that nowadays everyone has at least 1 job that is "useful".

As for your job thing well, I personally still use the good old "things are situational", even in Abyssea. With a narrowminded view like this you can't understand other people's point of view.

Then comparing a DRG to a THF where TH is relevant and assuming it's either DRG or THF, seriously, lol.
Let's compare a fully decked Masamune SAM with a naked Kannagi NIN, I'll obviously pick the NIN, I mean come on, it's a NIN, he's forced to beat the SAM in pure damage even in this situation.
 Cerberus.Eliane
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2011-05-11 06:53:30  
Critical damage now caps at +100%
By attilas 2011-05-11 07:21:25  
With Sanguine Scythe DD with high enough crit rate (RR,GH,SS) could now have +30% damage output, +20% hp and +20 Enmity... now all job can tank with a WHM cure bombing...

I don't know where is going with this cap raise....
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2011-05-11 10:43:35  
>_> Do I see people complaining about a dmg increase across the board in abyssea?

Outside it won't be much of a change outside of RNG and THF (and Almace peoples).
[+]
 Alexander.Meowryu
サーバ: Alexander
user: Meoryu
By Alexander.Meowryu 2011-05-11 10:50:44  
So... what's the cap on dDex now?..
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-11 13:01:15  
Alexander.Meowryu said:
Same as before. Not entirely sure what the critrate adjustment was tbh.

EDIT: Total critrate cap appears to have been upped from 95% to 100%.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-11 14:56:06  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Alexander.Meowryu said:

if that's the only change how can the 5% difference justify changing how we all play i.e. switching atmas. I would think if something was the best at 100% it would be pretty damn close to the same @ 95%
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-05-11 15:02:46  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Bismarck.Hsieh said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

lulz will be had.

Stopped reading right there, anything more is void because it's not getting any DD other than WAR MNK THF NIN BLU parties in Abyssea.

This ninja-buff (no pun intended) is starting to get progressively annoying :\
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-11 15:21:22  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Alexander.Meowryu said:

if that's the only change how can the 5% difference justify changing how we all play i.e. switching atmas. I would think if something was the best at 100% it would be pretty damn close to the same @ 95%
Any changes from this would be incredibly minor unless I'm missing something. Maybe some benefits from gear/innate WS critrate bonuses that weren't fully realized previously in situations where you had something like Champion's Roll, Blood Rage, Impetus, or Innin up.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-11 15:24:28  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Alexander.Meowryu said:

Any changes from this would be incredibly minor unless I'm missing something. Maybe some benefits from gear/innate WS critrate bonuses that weren't fully realized previously in situations where you had something like Champion's Roll, Blood Rage, Impetus, or Innin up.

This might net some greater value to cavaros mantle, brave grip and properly augmented blitzer poleyn and champion's galea
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-11 15:31:04  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
You're fDEX is used in the calculation of critical hit damage now?
wat?

Odin.Sheelay said:
This might net some greater value to cavaros mantle, brave grip and properly augmented blitzer poleyn and champion's galea
If anything, the critdmg change did more for those items than raising the critrate cap by 5%. I doubt they're much improved regardless though.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-11 15:34:11  
Yeah, I don't see the crit rate being as effective as the chance to bump dmg further up as long as we keep fighting Abyssea mobs. We may start seeing RR/SS/Apoc Atma builds now
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-05-11 15:41:21  
Is this rate in Crit worth changing some Armor in Blade:Hi to include DEX? Maybe even the Iga neck (over hopetorque)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-11 15:43:05  
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Is this rate in Crit worth changing some Armor in Blade:Hi to include DEX? Maybe even the Iga neck (over hopetorque)
It doesn't affect Hi inside Abyssea at all DEX-wise, because you're capping dDEX regardless thanks to cruor buffs and Razed Ruins. Outside, your critrate is well below the cap regardless but you should be gearing for DEX. Iga neck isn't worth using for Hi.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-05-11 15:44:18  
Guess i can swap my shitty Tumbler Trunks for Byakko's because i am missing Ambushers
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-05-11 15:45:16  

I just meant that nowadays everyone has at least 1 job that is "useful".

As for your job thing well, I personally still use the good old "things are situational", even in Abyssea. With a narrowminded view like this you can't understand other people's point of view.

Then comparing a DRG to a THF where TH is relevant and assuming it's either DRG or THF, seriously, lol.
Let's compare a fully decked Masamune SAM with a naked Kannagi NIN, I'll obviously pick the NIN, I mean come on, it's a NIN, he's forced to beat the SAM in pure damage even in this situation.
But you just supported his point by picking the NIN over the SAM!

Personally It's just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE how some game mechanics force us to adopt narrow-minded point of views, especially for those who do the situational ***'s situational mindset.

Also, lol @ the idea of balance being that everyone's playing something that's useful.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-05-11 18:27:29  
Going back on this:

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
You guys act like SAM and DRK etc cant crit at all.

Give me a scenario where each of them can and keep up the pace with other jobs. This is excluding jobs with Empyreans/Relics/Mythics, by the way, and with DRK using Great Sword and Scythe (f@#% Axes they look dumb on DRK), because obviously I'm missing out on something.
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-05-12 08:28:32  
The removal of the dDex cap and the 100% crit dam cap are changing a lot of things... not for Kannagi ninjas maybe, but for those lolninjas who still make use of Jin, there might be different gear and atma combinations right now.
For example, stuff like Loki's and Cavaros (or even the AF3 neck) now have a higher relevance imho, since you don't have the 50% damage cap anymore.
Same for Sanguine Scythe.

I dunno, in the end I liked the versatility of Gnarled Horn... I'm really confused at the moment. These "uncap" changes are really confusing me atm and in all honesty I don't really think they were that necessary, wonder why they implemented them. Not like Criticals weren't broken enough already (at least inside Aby).
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-05-12 08:29:35  
dDEX cap hasn't been removed :(
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-12 08:42:57  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
dDEX cap hasn't been removed :(

So the only way to effectively breach the current crit rate would be through Atmas and spceific gear? Maybe I'm just too tired to recall things correctly... sleepless night -.-