Game: FFXI
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-05-11 13:06:14  
Lakshmi.Greggles said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Cerberus.Eugene said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Pwned! (Looks like she was stealing something.)
Even if she was, how is smashing someone's face into the sidewalk funny?

I'm not saying I don't agree with you but..... The jackass films gross millions of dollars everytime they make one.

That being said, I don't agree with you (at least 100% of the time).

I think the difference there is that they -want-(and are paid) to get hurt. I doubt the girl in the gif wanted her face to be smashed into concrete. Even if she was stealing something, that's totally uncalled for imo.

LOL at the knee jerk "police brutality" reaction. What makes you think he hadn't told her stop/freeze from a farther distance which she ignored?

and "smashing her face into the sidewalk"? All I see is him pushing her off balance into a wall, then she falls down. I don't even think you could clearly call this a tackle.
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-11 13:10:52  
It's more like a body check into the boards!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-11 13:12:08  
I think you were a fragile child who wasn't allowed to be touched. Even if she disobeyed order to stop I could have caught her by walking quickly.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thayil
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thayil
By Ramuh.Thayil 2011-05-11 13:12:32  
I have a lot of respect for good, honest cops, but lately I've been seeing more & more vids of cops being nothing but power-hungry bullies who joined the police just to they can be in, what they think is, a legally supported gang.

It got me so mad that I even tried to find vids of people beating up bad cops, but those are very scarce...surprise, surprise.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-11 13:12:56  
Ramuh.Urial said:
It's more like a body check into the boards!
The arm does come up across her shoulder to force her off balance, perhaps he meant to push her into the wall rather than smash her face into the ground but still excessive.

Ramuh.Thayil said:
I have a lot of respect for good, honest cops, but lately I've been seeing more & more vids of cops being nothing but power-hungry bullies who joined the police just to they can be in, what they think is, a legally supported gang.
I don't know that he was intentionally trying to hurt her, major overreaction of course. Intentional police brutality is a little far stretched for this one.

Cerberus.Zandra said:

LOL at the knee jerk "police brutality" reaction.
I never called police brutality, I just think it's a little weird to get jollies off of anyone smashing their face into concrete. If she tripped over her own feet I'd have said the same thing.

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Here is the full story, she deserved to be detained, thrown to the ground but not tacked like a line backer at full speed when she's not even looking.
I'll agree with that
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-11 13:14:38  
I do think it's funny.. I have a dark sense of humor most people can't relate, I never claimed to not be "sick in the head" though.

What's so funny is how ridiculously uncalled for this was it's a giant "wtf was the cop thinking?" the girl wasn't even looking him and is not even running lol

Here is the full story, she deserved to be detained, thrown to the ground but not tackled like a line backer at full speed when she's not even looking. Honestly if you watch the entire clip it doesn't look as bad as that gif makes it out to be imo. If it was such a big deal you would have seen her making a big deal about it afterwards all the other people like her mother and the teacher didn't seem to blink an eye at it.

She was attacking her mother and her school teacher was involved the mother tried to detain her before the cops came or something.

News Clip (Video)

News Story

Original Video:

Cop is suspended currently with good reason.

neways people need to calm down, yea it was wrong, yea the cop was in the wrong but the girl will live she is prolly going to sue the city and get paid phat I bet she can laugh about it now too ^^
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-05-11 13:15:50  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Police Brutality!! This muthafugga would not have did that to some one bigger than him a garentee that!! *** the Police word up there is real crime out there than what this appears to "petty thef" She should have been paying attention and would have avoided this excessive force AGRO would this have been a lawsuit if she was black? Lmao
[+]
 Sylph.Maruraba
サーバ: Sylph
user: Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2011-05-11 13:17:14  
I'm still slowly making my way through the old lolpics thread. For the sake of historical value/nostalgia, the first appearance of the OM NOM NOM pic was on page 366.
Midgardsormr.Sammitch said:

As for the present, not sure if this counts as a true lol, but it's pretty great anyway:
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jarbino
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2011-05-11 13:18:40  
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-11 13:25:28  
"Your opinion of what is funny is not my opinion of what is funny. I am going to turn this thread into a 3 page soapbox rant every time I disagree with what is a complete matter of opinion."

I don't think carrot top is funny. I think George Lopez should be put down. Do i piss and moan about it everytime that I disagree? Is you complaining about the injustice of some criminal getting excessive force going to change the fact that it already happened?

Regardless, I didn't laugh at the girl who probably had it coming. At risk of agreeing with Tweeeeeek: If i did laugh it would have been because "I" found it funny. Who are you to tell me what I can and cannot find funny.

[+]
 Leviathan.Stankface
サーバ: Leviathan
user: drumgod25
By Leviathan.Stankface 2011-05-11 13:25:46  
Well.. According to a news website. The girl who got slammed by the cop was drunk at school and then she wrestled around on the ground with her mom for a bit. The cop is being charged with a felony for tackling her.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-11 13:29:21  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
"Your opinion of what is funny is not my opinion of what is funny. I am going to turn this thread into a 3 page soapbox rant every time I disagree with what is a complete matter of opinion."

I don't think carrot top is funny. I think George Lopez should be put down. Do i piss and moan about it everytime that I disagree? Is you complaining about the injustice of some criminal getting excessive force going to change the fact that it already happened?

Regardless, I didn't laugh at the girl who probably had it coming. At risk of agreeing with Tweeeeeek: If i did laugh it would have been because "I" found it funny. Who are you to tell me what I can and cannot find funny.
For the same reason I can tell you that racism is in poor taste. Poor taste is poor taste.

Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-11 13:29:36  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
At risk of agreeing with Tweeeeeek

oh god, anything but that ANYTHING but that he's so evil zomg! nuuuuuuu everyone run!

Cerberus.Eugene said:

For the same reason I can tell you that racism is on poor taste. Poor taste is poor taste.

and people say I take the moral high ground?

lol, you people need to lighten up wow.. these things exist in the world the least we can do is laugh at how awkward they are in our society

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-05-11 13:32:51  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
I do think it's funny.. I have a dark sense of humor most people can't relate, I never claimed to not be "sick in the head" though.

What's so funny is how ridiculously uncalled for this was it's a giant "wtf was the cop thinking?" the girl wasn't even looking him and is not even running lol

Here is the full story, she deserved to be detained, thrown to the ground but not tackled like a line backer at full speed when she's not even looking. Honestly if you watch the entire clip it doesn't look as bad as that gif makes it out to be imo. If it was such a big deal you would have seen her making a big deal about it afterwards all the other people like her mother and the teacher didn't seem to blink an eye at it.

She was attacking her mother and her school teacher was involved the mother tried to detain her before the cops came or something.

News Clip (Video)

News Story

Original Video:

Cop is suspended currently with good reason.

neways people need to calm down, yea it was wrong, yea the cop was in the wrong but the girl will live she is prolly going to sue the city and get paid phat I bet she can laugh about it now too ^^
Tweeek no one deserves to be treated like that dude... It stupid and shows how Cops abuse thier authority! That's "Excessive Force" you should study some Criminal Justice you will learn a thing or two. Nevertheless this ***is uncalled for treatment they are suppose to "protect and serve".
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jarbino
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2011-05-11 13:33:23  
I figure this would be nice to post right about now:

Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-11 13:41:18  
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-11 13:41:19  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I bet if the cop was black he wouldn't have a job now(?).
Apparently he's being served with a felony? That maybe over excessive too, but I'm not part of the prosecution
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Cerberus.Eugene said:

For the same reason I can tell you that racism is on poor taste. Poor taste is poor taste.

and people say I take the moral high ground?

lol, you people need to lighten up wow.. these things exist in the world the least we can do is laugh at how awkward they are in our society

ok, let's go back to page 18

Cerberus.Eugene said:
Even if she was, how is smashing someone's face into the sidewalk funny?
I asked a question. It turned into policy brutality, jackass, moral high ground, and take a chill pill bro.

If you still find it funny, that's cool. I didn't report the image, I didn't censor you, I didn't try and convince you to remove. I didn't call you an evil person. At worst I said "It's in poor taste." well after the conversation had evolved to all kinds of political undertones. Most people disagree with me, I'm not sure why it's a big deal that I said that anyway.

Like I said, I thought it was excessive, but I agree she should have been cuffed. Like I said, I think it's in poor taste. I didn't stomp all over your first amendment rights in saying that.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-11 13:41:25  
I never once said what the cop did was right Viperouskaos.. but let's stop pretending like this wasn't a punk teen who assaulted both a school teacher and her mother after getting drunk at school.

The cop made a mistake you people are acting like the cop maliciously knocked her out and was kicking her in the head while her body lay unconscious..

I don't even like cops I've had enough run ins with cops throughout my life to know what it's like to be on the wrong end of it but guess what.. I was also a criminal at the time and was constantly breaking the law had I not I would have never had any run ins with them.

The last thing I'm going to do is be on the side of a cop or try and defend them as a whole, I have enough issues with the police force to keep a topic going around forever but that's not the point.. it's just a pic, a lot of people find it funny/shocking/interesting you get no cookie for posting how wrong you think it was. if you don't like it than move on to the next pic that's more your taste.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sammitch
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sammitch
By Midgardsormr.Sammitch 2011-05-11 13:43:45  

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-11 13:46:01